CROOK

By Kangaroosoup

This story is unfinished and I found it within the depths of my goodgle drive. Its an old story that is unfin... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12

Chapter 3

3 0 0
By Kangaroosoup

Oden,Arrow,Casimir,and Mae all walked into the council room. It was a wide room with seats on the side of it. There were two big seats for the king and queen to sit in the middle of the room. The chair was carved of a fine oak, crested with several jewels and decorative metals forming an elegant coat of arms. Although the seat of King was impressive, it was a mere stool compared to the throne he sought to sit upon. In the throne was King Fulton and the queen's seat sat Cedar. On the left side chairs were Ozias,Wilfred,Teo, and a few of the council members Mae didn't know the names of. On the right were more council members and Viggo. Beside him was Annabeth and leonie.

"Mae there you are I was looking for you all day you have gotten me worried!" Fulton said. Mae shuffled closer beside Casimir then spoke. "I was uh going to get some items down at the market jeez you're so overprotective!" "Overprotective?! I'm only trying to protect you remember what happened to your mother? Fulton replied in disgust." You always think of the past what about the future!" Mae shouted. "Silence! I don't wanna hear another word out of you until I say" Fulton growled.

Mae crosses her arms and grunted in anger but didn't think to argue. Fulton turned to Oden and Arrow "Good job collecting him I shall give you both something in return later but first we must discuss this thief." Oden and Arrow looked at each other in accomplishment. Mae just rolled her eyes to look at leonie who looked like she was ready to spit venom out her teeth. She snarled at her and Casimir disturbingly.

Leonie then immediately stood up. "If Mansi said sacrifice him then I'm definitely for that!" An unfamiliar rat nodded in agreement. "We cannot afford to have more items stolen from this criminal I say a sacrifice." "We are not putting death upon him yet however Ozias will explain his suicide mission." Fulton growled. "SUICIDE? WHAT! OH NO NO NO!" Casimir pleaded. "Quiet you wait until it's your turn." Leonie snapped. "I don't give a damn what your ruler says I have a reason to live!"

"both of you SILENCE you will not speak until I order or I'll punish both of you." Fulton retaliated."Now If you please Ozias can you please explain?" Ozias nodded and closed his eyes. "Thou who steals shall go upon the surface find the humans and destroy their extermination supplies must hurry before they find us." Everyone gasped and looked at each other muttering. "Oh my god that's even worse!" Casimir whined. "You must go and destroy their supplies before they come down to the sewers and kill us all." Fulton ordered. Casimir shook his head vigorously . "You should find someone else I ain't doing it."

"I suppose I'm going to have to ... well execute him for his crimes." Fulton pondered. "NO YOU BETTER N-." Casimir said But was interrupted. "SILENCE!" Fulton hissed. "Dad please let me go with him I can help him out!" Mae offered. "No ive already said this I don't want you getting killed!" "Well I'm not gonna get hurt please just trust me!" "Let her go sire Mansi has spoken to me and they said she must go." Ozias spoke. Mae turned to Ozias in confusion. He looked back and just winked. Mae returned him with a smile. "Are you sure?" "Yes I wouldn't lie about Mansi to you."

"Very well thief I'm trusting you to protect my daughter with all the strength you can." Fulton said. "Yeah whatever I don't care." Casimir growled. "Also my name is Casimir." "If you fail your mission you will probably die anyways ain't that right." Leonie snickered. "Hush Leonie now go you two make sure to pack your stuff Mae before you leave." Fulton declared. "And everyone else can leave this meeting has been dismissed." Everyone rose to their feet and either left the room or stayed to talk to one another. Casimir immediately tried to leave the room. "Hey wait up!" Mae shouted following Casimir.

"What." Casimir grumbled. "I don't need my stuff I bet you have stuff for me." Mae replied sweetly. "I see." Casimir lifted his nose to sniff the air. Ozias ran up to them which I made them hault. "Thank you Ozias for your help." Mae bowed. "It's nothing I don't usually lie but you two are a perfect duo." Ozias smiled but quickly turned to a frown."I'm rather proud of my ability to tell lies about Mansi. I can trick not only others, but even my own heart." Mae has no clue what he meant but waved goodbye to him.

The pair walked out the castle back to where they came from. "No rat language can describe the disappointment I'm feeling right now." Casimir said. "Come on cheer up we are going on an adventure together and I get to finally see the surface!" Mae exclaimed with excitement. "Yeah but I'm not doing it I'm just gonna go home." Casimir murmured. "What! Come on you can't give up now!" Wailed Mae. "Why would your so called god choose me over anyone else that's probably brave I'm sorry but I cannot do this I only exist to steal." He warbled.

"That's not true at all you are a brave rat from what I saw you stood up against Oden and Arrow and you even found a way to save your little mouse friend." Mae reassured him. "I guess you're right but why choose someone bad to do something good." He frowned. The path got more narrow as they got closer to where they came from. Mae shrugged. She didn't really understand much about Mansi's complicated wording at all. "This is the only mission I'm doing for you but don't ask me to do another." Casimir alerted.

When they arrived at the ladder to the upper sewer ground Casimir hesitated before climbing up the ladder. "Is there a problem?" Mae asked. "No just thinking about what you said before." He replied and climbed up the ladder with Mae behind her. They both entered the almost pitch black sewer with the same river with trash flowing from before. "It should be dawn when we get there we can stay at my place before heading off." Mae held her thumb up in a reply. "Hey uh what's dawn?" She asked.

Casimir stopped and quickly turned his head to Mae. "You don't know what dawn is? what even is your life!" "I've never heard of dawn is it another rat?" Mae murmured. Casimir facepalmed. "Do you ever sleep or have the sky?" Mae shook her head no and Casimir didn't look surprised. "We usually have street light and this huge light that keeps the town shining then at a specific time the light shuts off so we can get some rest." She uttered.

"Man you rats are so weird." Casimir turned around and bounded off with Mae following behind slowly. "Well the only sky we can have is grey because of the roof of the sewers litter brain!" Mae snapped. He was gonna ask why the rats would even choose the sewers then he realized it's the better choice to be away from the humans. But even then they don't know why the rats migrated he had already created the theory that humans were the culprit in his mind. The thought of it made his stomach bellow in hunger.

As they walked further the river picked up its own pace. It rushed quicker then before. Mae's paws trembled to the furious splashing sounds of an angry river. "Soooo why did you look at that white rat like that?" Casimir questioned. "What? Annabeth? She just makes me feel peculiar." Mae asserted. "Why is that." "She is always so quiet and her eyes oh man her eyes terrify me they are red as war wounds!" She exaggerated. "But besides that she's very kind and friendly once you get to know her." "I see." Said Casimir gruffly. He had to agree Annabeth wasn't a rat he has ever seen. But she did look slightly uncomfortable to look it from her strange red eyes to her smooth slick gorgeous clean white fur.

Not only that she always reeked of human scent. Casimir can't trust humans at all due to his past trauma. His mother had been stolen by humans inside a cage they lived in. What Casimir had seen was so brutal he cried more then ever. He couldn't bare to remember that his mother was fed to a large python right in front of his eyes. Casimir always tried to encourage his siblings to come help him open his cage to save his parent but the only one that came to help was his supportive sister named Ambria. Oh Ambria she was the best sister Casimir could ever have.

When times were tough, she would always be there to comfort him. She was the apple of his eye. Casimir loved his sister dearly and would kill some for her. Casimir grew up in a place humans take away animals from the cage and sends them to who knows where. Mostly younger humans come excited to get their own. But rats like Casimir wasn't raised to be taken away by a small human. They were used to be fed. The horror Casimir had to go to and seen their cage mate being taken and put in a freezer or in a sack. He had to escape somehow. Then it was Ambria turn.

She sacrificed herself to help Casimir escape and have a good life. When the hand opened the door and scooped up Ambria she bit it to try to escape. Casimir was on the ground standing in fear as Ambria landed on the ground. That's when the human let out its death machine. A cat named wendigo. His name was perfect not only his terrifying grey fur with pink patches without any and a blood red bandanna. But one of his eyes were fully white and dark pink veins were visible. "Go Casimir! Run as fast as you can and don't stop running!" Ambria called. Casimir gulped "But what about you sis I cannot leave you!"

Ambria began running towards Casimir to escape the wrenched feline. "Be brave out there Brother." Ambria shouted to him. Then her final words before he watched Ambria trip on the human's foot and Wendigo caught her hit him like a lightning bolt through his chest. "I love you." He was silent. Wendigo didn't see him frozen in the middle of the floor. He was too busy eating up his sibling. Casimir snapped out of his horror trance and ran through an air vent to escape. He couldn't believe the only 2 things that loved him the most were dead before his eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

348 0 51
A sacred object disappeared from a temple and it's up to a young priestess to find it. A thief is trying to start a new life. A castle guard makes a...
111 1 15
* Just Write It 10 Chapters 2023 Finalist!!* A kingdom in turmoil leads a young prince to a mysterious mermaid who plays more of a role in the futur...
842K 32.3K 37
They live in packs keeping their lifestyle and identities concealed. They are beings only acknowledged in works of fantasy yet they exist. A society...
1.5K 53 24
Frisk, a human girl, and the monsters have broken through the barrier and now live on the surface with the other humans. But have the battles truly f...