BEAUTIFUL CRIMES β–Ή Mama!Nat

Od rcmanova-

ππ„π€π”π“πˆπ…π”π‹ π‚π‘πˆπŒπ„π’ a simple story where natasha romanoff takes on a mission that hits a little ... VΓ­ce

ONE. in which we meet the newest villain
TWO. in which the black dahlia is caught
THREE. in which the black dahlia escapes
FOUR. in which an olive branch is extended
FIVE. in which the heroes are on the defense
SIX. in which tensions are high
SEVEN. in which the white flag is raised
EIGHT. in which reinforcements are called
NINE. in which freedom is near
ELEVEN. in which words are stronger than weapons
TWELVE. in which the breaking point is reached
THIRTEEN. in which the world is in danger
FOURTEEN. in which international travel is free (almost)
FIFTEEN. in which snitches DON'T end up in ditches
SIXTEEN. in which the mind is the strongest muscle
SEVENTEEN. in which the path is shrouded in darkness
EIGHTEEN. in which something healthy happens
NINETEEN. in which there's pride and prey
TWENTY. in which they are irresponsible (again)

TEN. in which the olive branch is accepted

244 9 3
Od rcmanova-

[ BEAUTIFUL CRIMES ]
chapter ten; in which the olive branch is accepted

I don't think I'm supposed to do this.
Sometimes, it feels like I'm parenting Adelina.
I'm not good for that, I'm not made for that.

IT'S A SMALL ROOM WITH VERY LITTLE DECOR, BUT IT'LL DO.

With her hands behind her back, Adelina carefully scans the basic bedroom, Natasha and Maria watching Adelina's reaction. "You'll stay here, since it's more comfortable than SHIELD's cell." The redhead explains as Adelina's eyes meticulously rake over every part of the room.

Adelina says nothing.

"She's not shitting on you," Maria whispers into the ear of her lover. "What's wrong?"

Natasha can only shrug.

"Should we be ready for another Dahlia spree?"

"Not... yet." Natasha hesitates as she continues watching the teenager. She can't pinpoint what's going on in Adelina's head, but she fears that a storm may be brewing. "Adelina?"

Natasha can see the girl's hands trembling lightly.

"Masha, I'd... I'd step out of the room if I were you."

"Aw," Adelina fake pouts, turning to face the couple. "Protecting the wife from me? That's cute. I know you're weak in every other aspect, so maybe you're trying to make yourself seem stronger for the missus."

"Adelina..." Natasha sighs. "It's just another surge, it'll pass."

"And who the fuck are you to tell me what's wrong with me?" Adelina sends a piercing glare Natasha's way. "I know we both went through Dreykov, but you're not a fucking mind reader. You don't have to sit here and act like we're in tune or whatever."

"I'll see myself out." Maria mumbles before stepping out of the room, the door shutting behind her.

"I can't believe it," Adelina shakes her head as she smiles in disbelief. "One of the alleged 'strongest agents on Earth' can't handle being in a room with a teenage girl for more than three seconds. How pathetic."

"You know why she left, Adelina."

"Enough with the psychoanalytic bullshit, Natalia!" She yells this, her voice booming off of the walls. "You're sitting here treating me like I'm some woeful victim, and it's fucking aggravating! You're acting like I won't shoot your goddamn head off!"

Natasha stands firmly as Adelina approaches her. The Asian assassin's nose is mere inches away from the redhead's. "I know you're only standing all high and mighty because you're scared. I've heard what you say about me, and you and I both know it's true. I am stronger than you. I am faster than you. And most importantly, I am better than you. I'll use all of my fucking skills and slit your throat. Do you understand me?"

Natasha seems unbothered. A part of her may be... at least, about the threats. Something is telling her that Adelina won't. If she wanted to, she would've tried by now. No, Natasha has an lingering pity for the girl in front of her, Adelina can sense it. "I'm so sick of you pitying me. You realize that, right?"

Natasha says nothing. She doesn't have to; she can already see the tiredness in Adelina's eyes. The brunette will tire herself out eventually.

"You're playing the quiet game now?" She raises a brow skeptically. "This is stupid."

When Adelina moves towards the door, Natasha side-steps in front of it. "You're not leaving yet." Natasha shakes her head. "Not when you're in this stage."

"Natalia..." Her eyes narrow menacingly. "Move out of the goddamn way, or so help me, I'll burn this entire compound to the ground with you inside."

"No. You're not leaving until the surge passes." She looks as Adelina's hands as they shake. "It's for your safety, along with everyone else's."

"Natalia, move!" She yells into the face of the ex-assassin, quickly losing her patience. The anger inside her is overwhelming as she stares down Natasha, who stays stationary in front of the door. At the same time, she's supressing a tsunami's worth of sadness that threatens to crash down on her. She feels empty, like an incomplete machine that doesn't know its purpose.

In her mind, she is an incomplete machine that doesn't know its purpose.

"Let me go." She says this a little quieter. Her brows are furrowed. There's a lump in her throat, one that she can barely swallow. "Move away from the fucking door."

Natasha merely blinks.

"Don't ignore me, damn it!" Adelina tries to break the handcuffs again. She's even more upset when they don't break. "Lay back down, Adelina." Natasha's voice is somehow firm and soft at the same time. Nice enough to sound like a peaceful offering, but forceful enough to get across the subtle message-

Just because you're upset doesn't mean you're gonna sit here and run me over.

Adelina's hands ball into fists as they tremble. She does nothing, only keeping an intense glare directly into Natasha's eyes. She caves eventually, laying on the bed. Her face falls into the pillows, her back towards the redhead. Natasha sits beside her, and she doesn't flinch when she hears soft sobs coming from the pillow.

"Please let me go." Adelina whines muffedly. Natasha simply raises a brow.

"You're not crying," Pale hands land on tense shoulders as Natasha lifts the girl from the pillow. Adelina's cheeks are dry, the pillow cover unblemished. "Because I know you'd rather die before showing any sign of weakness."

"I hate you so fucking much."

"You've made that very, very clear. It's ok."

⧗ ⧗

Footsteps jog down the street. Street lights illuminate long strides, the lights painting the world with a soft white glow. It's a little humid, but still tolerable. It even smells like the rain had just hit, as stupid as it sounds. The brunette man listens to the redheaded woman intently, hanging onto every word as he draws in deep breaths.

"I don't think I'm supposed to do this," Natasha had begun to air her grievances, since trying to hold it all in is not something that Clint would let her do. "Sometimes, it feels like I'm parenting Adelina. I'm not good for that, I'm not made for that."

"But you've gotten so far already, Tash." Clint slows down a bit. Though he's an amazing runner, Natasha has always been faster, and she has always possessed the endurance of an Olympian. He's usually the first one to slow down, and for Natasha, it's hard to keep his slower pace. "I mean, if it weren't for you, she'd been dead by now."

"Yeah, but I'm not made to be maternal." She lets her footsteps slow, speed walking in sync with the archer. "You know it. I know it. But the thing is, I think I'm the only person in the position to help her. She... no one else was a Widow. No one else knows the struggle that comes with trying to free your mind from such mental chains. But, I'm not fit to be there for a child!"

"You've been perfect throughout this whole thing." Clint reassures her as he breathes heavily. "You got Fury to side with you. That's an achievement in itself. Besides, you can't even leave her alone without some sort of supervision. Who's watching her right now?"

"Maria." She mumbles under her breath.

"Exactly. You're the most qualified person for this, Natasha." Clint smiles. "You may be a better babysitter than me with the twins. Mostly Pietro, we both know how much of a little asshole he can be."

"Still," Natasha shakes her head. "I can't burden someone with my poor attempt at pseudo-parenting."

"Burden?" Clint repeats in shock. "You're not burdening anyone with anything. Look, I know what you're thinking, it's a shitty feeling. But, think of it this way. Laura had these exact same doubts when she was first pregnant with Coop, and we can both agree that she's a stellar parent. Right?"

"Yeah..."

"Exactly. The fact that you even care this much tells me that Adelina better thank her fucking lucky stars that you like her enough to help." Clint's smile prompts Natasha to do the same. "You're doing better than good. There should be a word better than great or amazing- you're smart. You know a thousand languages. What's a word that's better than great or amazing?"

"Magnificent." She offers, glancing at the ground before pushing loose strands of hair out of her face.

"Exactly! You're magnificent at this, Natasha."

"Thanks, Barton."

"No problem, Romanoff."

⧗ ⧗

Natasha's sitting in the living room. She has a good vantage point of Adelina's door, so if she tries to leave, Natasha can stop her. Natasha's on the couch, half-watching whatever mindless show is on TV. She smiles when she feels a presence behind her, the woman leaning back and looking up. Maria is looking down at Natasha's face.

"Hi, honey." Maria greets. She leans over to place a kiss on Natasha's forehead. "How was the run with Clint?"

"Decent," She shrugs. She doesn't want to start the conversation about the whole parenting bit. So, she keeps it to herself. "I outran him like normal."

"Really?" Maria gasps sarcastically, making Natasha smile widely. "God, I love that smile."

"And I love you." Natasha beams as Maria leans over again, closing the gap between their lips. "I'm sorry." The taller agent mumbles into the kiss.

Natasha pulls away slowly. "Why?"

"About the Adelina thing, about how bitchy I was." Maria joins Natasha on the couch, clasping the Russian woman's hand. "You're right. Adelina's actively trying to change, even when I said she couldn't. I'm sorry for doubting you."

"It's alright, I'm not mad," Natasha plants a kiss on Maria's cheek. "You can make up for it later."

"Make up-" She mutters in confusion before looking at the half-smirk that tugs on Natasha's lips. "Oh."

"Right," Natasha chuckles. "Well, I'm gonna be right back. It's really quiet in Adelina's room, and I'm getting concerned."

"Make it quick." She kisses the back of Natasha's hand as the redhead approaches Adelina's door. She knocks softly at first before peaking inside. "Adelina?"

It's completely dark and almost completely silent. The only sound is soft sniffling. Natasha can vaguely make out Adelina sitting in the shadows. She moves through the room, reaching for the lamp. The bulb illuminates the room, covering everything in a soft, orange glow. Natasha can see tears streaking down Adelina's cheeks, the girl trembling as she sniffles.

"Oh, honey..." Natasha sits beside the girl, placing a hand on her tense shoulder. She knows Adelina may attack if she tries to go in for a hug, and that's a chance that she doesn't want to take. So, she sits there as Adelina tries her hardest to hold it together. "It's ok, you don't have to hide it."

The brunette quickly blinks away tears. "I-I'm fine."

"Adelina..."

"I'm fine!" She yells, though tears are still brimming in her eyes. Natasha sighs when Adelina looks away from her. "I'm fine. Go away."

"Sweetheart, what's wrong?" She speaks quietly, waiting patiently for Adelina's reaction. She looks at Natasha, blinking away tears.

"I- I feel incomplete." She admits, and Natasha has to strain her ears to understand her.

"Incomplete?"

Adelina nods. "The- the chip, the chemicals... I feel empty..." Her bottom lip trembles, her heart pounding in her ears. "You're going through withdrawals," Natasha explains. Her earnestness makes Adelina want to cry again. "I know it hurts, but it'll get better soon."

She can only nod. Still, she's trying to hold it back, the waves of sadness crashing onto her.

Natasha offers her hand. She expects Adelina to slap it away and force her out of the room. Her heart warms when Adelina accepts it, slipping her hand into Natasha's open one.

{ AUTHOR'S NOTE }

look at my bby healing 🥹

- V

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti lΓ­bit

15.5K 384 41
Natasha thinks she's lost all her hope. Alone in the red room she feels like a no one, like no one needs her. That's until she meets a little girl...
890 40 14
Just a Natasha Romanoff x Y/N story hope you like it. :)
40.3K 561 38
just some oneshots because I miss Nat like hell. this is probably gonna be pretty angsty cuz I suck at writing fluff :D as long as the age is not sp...
152K 3.2K 36
One-Shots with Marvel characters. Includes: Tony Stark Steve Rogers Thor Bruce Banner Clint Barton Peter Parker Pietro Maximoff Bucky Barnes Stephen...