Written in the stars (Harry P...

Bởi NyaPotter23

What would happen if Lily's sacrifice was still made but she wasn't killed as well as James. And what if a wa... Xem Thêm

A/n and info
Prologue
Year 1
Part 1 - The Train Ride
Part 3 - The First Day
Part 4 - Troll Trama
Part 5 - Quidditch
Part 6 - New discoveries
Part 7 - Home for the Holidays
Part 8 - Detention
Part 9 - Dogs and Vines
Part 10 - Keys and Chess
Part 11 - Two faced
Part 12 - Home is where the Heart is
Year 2
Part 13 - The summer of regrets
Part 14 - Harry's new attitude

Part 2 - The Sorting Ceremony

370 7 1
Bởi NyaPotter23

"Ahhh another Diggory. But this one's different."

Yn's pov:

"We're ready for you now. Follow me." She said leading us through a pair of large, old, oak doors as they start to swing open by themselves without anyone touching them.

We walked down between four tables that had banners above each and were filled with students. One was green and silver with a snake on it. I am guessing that was Slytherin. One had red and gold colour's with a lion on it. One I knew only to well because of Cedric's robes it was Hufflepuff it was yellow and black with a badger on. And the last one was blue and silver with a eagle on it. I saw Cedric so I gave him an innocent smile when I was about to have and anxiety attack because I don't do well in front of large crowds. I look up to see the night sky all across the ceiling with floating candles. It was beautiful.

"It's not real the ceiling. It's just bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts: A History." Hermione said letting me know to read that book. We continued to walk up to the front which had a stool with an old hat sat upon it.

"Will you wait along here pls." Professor Mcgonagall said telling us to stop in front of the steps leading to the stool and the hat. "Now before we begin, Professor Dumbledor would like to say a few words." And the she stopped talking as the headmaster started to stand up to speak.

"I have a few start of term notices I would wish to announce. The first years pls note that the dark Forrest is strictly forbidden to all students. And also our care taker mr Filtch has asked me to remind you that the third floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die the most painful death. Thank you." Dumbledor said finishing up his speech and sitting back down to watch us first years get sorted. Professor Mcgonagall unravels the scroll to see the list of students and then starts speaking.

"When I call your name. You shall come forth. I will place the sorting hat on your head. And you'll be sorted into your houses. Hermione Granger." I whisper good luck to her and she gives me a smile before walking up the steps to the stool. Professor Mcgonagall lifted the hat and as she sat on the stool Professor Mcgonagall lowered the hat onto Hermione's head. Out of nowhere, the hat started speaking catching me off guard making me jump. But I swear I heard Harry laugh a little. I turned to see him trying to hold back his smile and laugh.

Harry's POV:

"Ahhhh. Right then." The hat said which I thought was really cool but I turned just in time to see Yn jump a little. I couldn't help but laugh at how jumpy she was. It was adorable. No Harry you can't think that. She's your best friend. The hat continued talking. "Mmmmm. Right. Okay. GRYFFINDOR!" The hat yelled as the Gryffindor table burst with cheer making me jump a little. Hermione got off the stool and ran to Gryffindor table really happy.

"Draco Malfoy." Professor Mcgonagall called. Draco walked up to the stools and sat down. The hat hadn't even touched him when it yelled "SLYTHERIN!" Draco quickly winked at Yn and ran over to Slytherin table. My blood was boiling. Professor called another name "Susan Bones." She got sorted into "HUFFLEPUFF!" Ron's name was called and I look over to see him shocked that he was next. Ron got sorted into Gryffindor like the rest of his siblings. Next was me, while i was getting sorted I could here it debating whether to put me in Slytherin or Gryffindor also telling me that I could do great things in Slytherin. I started saying "Not Slytherin" over and over again. It finally decided to put me in "Gryffindor!" I walked over to Gryffindor table. Three other students were got sorted until I heard the words. "Yn Diggory."

Yn's POV:

I walked over to the stool and sat down as the sorting hat was placed on my head and it started talking. My heart was racing and my palms were sweating. " Ahhh another Diggory. But your different. I can sense that your past is not what it seems to be but your already questioning that. Very smart. Your more powerful. I dare say have traits of all houses within you. You are no normal witch. But where to put you. Your future is no different in any house. Your fate and destiny remain the same." The hat said going quiet. I waited for 12 minutes before I was sat there waiting for 11 and a half minutes before it finally made up its mind. "Ahhh perfect. Yes. Better be ..... GRYFFINDOR!" I smiled happily that I was sorted and I finally opening my eyes and getting off the seat and made my way to the Gryffindor table. A loud cheer was sounded as I walked over. I sat next to Hermione who hugged me relieved we are in the same house. The rest of the first years were sorted into their houses. Professor Mcgonagall tapped a spoon onto a glass catching everyone's attention. Dumbeldor stood up once more causing everyone to look at him.

"Let the feast begin." Dumbeldor said as he waved his hands as food magically appeared in front of us. I starred in amazement that the food magically appeared. The noise went up as everyone was amazed with the options of food.

We all started to grab food. Ron was eating two chicken wings at once and his plate had a lot on. Harry didn't have more than Ron but he had a lot on his plate too. Hermione had about the same amount as Harry. Me on the other hand didn't have much on my plate. I had a small amount of mashed potato, 1 sausage, a few baked beans and that was it. A bit further down the table, I heard someone talking. He said:

"I'm half and half. Me dads a muggle. Me mams a witch. Bit of a after shook when he found out." A boy said twisting and turning to talk to people. We all ate in peace. Harry started talking to Ron's brother Percy. I however have no idea what they were talking about because they were practically whispering. Ron reaches to grab more food when a head pops through the table. The ghost had said hi and welcomed us to Gryffindor. More ghost floated into the room acting silly.

"Hello sir Nicholas. Did you have a nice summer." Percy asked.

"Dismal. Once again my request to join the headless hunt has been denied." Sir Nicholas said with a gloomy look. He began too float away.

"I know you. Your nearly headless nick." Ron said starring at Sir Nicholas. Sir Nicholas turned around.

" I prefer Sir Nicholas. If you don't mind." Sir Nicholas said as if Ron had just offended.

"Nearly headless. How can you be nearly headless." Hermione said giving a good point but this is the  wizarding world so anything is possible.

"Like this." Sir Nicholas said grabbing the top of his head and and pulling it to the side. It was almost clean off and i almost lost my dinner. He popped his head back in place and floated away. I began picking at my food. I could no longer eat after seeing that.

"Come on. You have to eat." Harry said looking at me with a concerned look.

"But I can't. I feel like I might be sick and I ate the sausage and a little bit of mashed potato. I have eaten something and that's better than nothing." I said placing my fork down and pushing the plate away from me. Harry sighed knowing that there was no arguing with me because I always win. Ron kept shoving his face with food almost like he hadn't eaten in months.

After we all finished our dinner and the plates were gone, Dumbeldor stood up and told the prefects to lead us first years to our common room. While Ron's brother Percy lead us up the stairs I couldn't help noticing that the stairs were moving so we have to keep up with Percy or we would become lost. He lead us to a portrait that asked for the password.

"Caput Draconis." Which I learned means dragon's head in Latin (it actually is Latin for Dragon's head) a few years ago. We all flowed in to look at the common room. "Gather around here. Welcome to the Gryffindor common room. Boys dormitory upstairs and to your left. Girls same on your right. You'll find all your belongings have already been bought up."

Me and Hermione made our way up to our dorm to find five beds. I check to make sure that I have everything but I find something new that wasn't there before. A wand with a note from DUMBELDOR. I read the note and it says.

Dear Yn,

I know all about your wand situation in diagon ally. Your mum and mr Olivander filled me in. The staff know too so don't worry about classes or having to explain. I have given you a training wand because they don't need to choose their owner but you won't be able to cast any spells other than the basics. We use these to teach magic to younger children with gifted abilities. You will have the training wand until we find out how you can do magic. I implore you to not tell anyone about your situation until we know exactly what your situation really is. But feel free to tell the people you trust the most. Use the wand well and I hope you have a wonderful first year at Hogwarts.

From
Dumbledore,

P.S. If you find out how you do magic or if you want to talk to me. Come to my office. Remember, I like treacle tarts.

Hermione looks at me curiously as I gave the note a confusing look. What does he mean by he likes treacle tarts.

"What you got there?" Hermione said trying to look over to see what the note says.

"A note." I say trying to hide the note.

"Ohhhh. From who?" Hermione said as if it had something to do with a boy or a crush. I took a deep breath.

"If I tell you something will you keep it a secret because I am not supposed to be telling anyone this." I say hoping that she'll promise to not utter a word to anyone.

"Are you in a forbidden relationship or something." Hermione gasps trying to come up with reasons as to why I am so nervous. " your secretly dating someone who your not supposed to or allowed to."

"What no." I say immediately turning down her suggestion.

"Oh what is it then." Hermione said confused as to why the note is so secretive.

"When I went to diagon alley to get my wand. Not one single wand would choose me but I can apparently still do magic but I don't know how because it's this supposedly ancient technique that hasn't been seen or done for thousands of centuries. So Dumbledore gave me a training wand so I can still join in with lessons and so students don't start acting weird around me. But you have to promise me that you won't tell anyone about me not having a true wand because your the first person I have told. Not even my brother knows."

"Okay. I promise and I am happy that you trust me with something this big. I have two questions though. 1. Who does know and 2. Is this why you want to go to the library so desperately." Hermione asked waiting for the answers to her questions.

"Well 1. So far You,me, mr Olivander, my mum, Dumbledore and now the staff of Hogwarts. And 2. Yes and no. I do want to see if they have anything about my situation but I also want to just read there because I like reading in general." I said answering truthfully.

"Ok after classes are finished tomorrow. We can go to the library together and look for anything about your situation." Hermione said happily.

"Thank you." I said and we hugged now sealing our friendship for life. "Now if we're going to be friends we need to have nicknames. You know so people don't understand what's going on. Names no one can understand. For you. How about ... hermit or Mione."

"I like mione but hermit is funny. Why not use both." Hermione said laughing.

"Okay." I said happy that I have a new friend.

"But for you I could say ..... Y/n/n." Hermione said.

"I love it." I said smiling from ear to ear. We laughed and told stories about our lives. Let's just say there were no secrets between us.

We said good night after talking for a while. I now have more than one friend and I am happy that I said hi on the boat. I ran to my bed happily and exited for what the future holds for my time here at Hogwarts. I made sure my uniform is ready and easy to access tomorrow so I can have a good first day and that getting ready wasn't a hassle. I made sure my alarm clock is set for 6:00am and far enough away from my bed that I have to force myself out of bed to turn it off but not too far that it annoys anyone else. Once I was ready at set for tomorrow I went to bed and fell asleep quiet quickly.
What an amazing day? I hope that everyday will be like this.

______________________________________

Any-gays I hoped you liked this chapter. The more I write the more ideas I get like should I add songs and TikTok sounds to it but like casually slide it in. Get your head out the gutter you dirty minded creeps. You know who you are.
Let me know about your ideas of how I could make it better but nothing stupid. I also want to like merge a tv show with this but not add the characters and place. Like it's more specific but if I do you won't be finding out what happens. No spoilers. See you my little nifflers.

Byeeeeeeee

XxNyaPotterxX

Word count: 2448 words

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

9.6K 411 31
your a slytherin, he's a gryfindoor, but you both can't get caught! you and Neville were somewhat friends but this year you are much closer (year thr...
250K 8.6K 40
Disclaimer: This is my Fanfiction. I am not JKR. I never will be. So i write things how I would want it. If that bothers anyone. Dont read this FF. T...
689 41 36
I'm not too young anymore. I have grown up, I hurt. If this is what being an adult is, I don't want it. *All rights is JK Rowling, except my charact...
119K 3K 20
We all wish it had happened. But what if it did? What if there was a secret relationship that J. K. Rowling never shared with the fans? My own inte...