Recovery

Av Laughingwolf78

Twenty-two year old hero Izuku Midoriya has been severely hurt by a villain attack. It's left him battered an... Mer

1. Mood
2. No
3. Pity
4. Hand Out
5. Memories
6. Admissions
7. Tension
8. Signs of Strength
9. Rough Day
10. Frustrating
12. Morning Talk
13. Signs of Hope
14. First Step is the Hardest
15. The Final Push
16. Spoken Truth
17. Motivation
18. Date Night.
19. Progress
20. Qualified?
21. Visit
22. More Progress
23. Savior
24. Side By Side
25. Worried
26.The Wait
27. Set Back
28. Show Me
29. Testing the Limits
30. Always a Hero
31. What Moves Me
32. Welcome Home Wonder Duo

11. Day Out

2.9K 171 66
Av Laughingwolf78

Izuku is just waking up, coming out of the bathroom with a sleepy yawn when I jacket gets thrown at him the minute he pushes his chair into the living room. He scrunches his face as he pulls the fabric down seeing a smirking blonde standing there with his arms crossed over his chest.

The greenett raises a brow waiting for whatever is going on here.

" Get dressed nerd, we're going outside today. Not good for you to be all cooped up in here all the damn time."

Izuku gives him and unsure look.

" Oh um.. I dunno Kacchan. I'm not sure if I'm feeling up for that really."

Katsuki frowns as he moves closer sitting on the arm of the couch as he looks down and studies the greenett closer.

" Why? What's wrong? You feeling sick or something?"

The greenett shakes his head no with his eyes downcast as he scratches the back of his neck.

"No, that's not it. I feel okay."

The blonde continues to study him seeing emerald eyes that won't meet his gaze.

" Then what is it?"

The greenett shrugs as he fiddles with his fingers something he's always done when he's nervous.

"I just.. I just don't like people seeing me like this. I notice I get a lot of looks while I'm out and I see nothing but pity in their eyes and I.. I hate that. They use to look at me and smile and get excited rushing up to me wanting to chat or get an autograph, but now they just look sad and uncomfortable like they don't know what to do or say. I'm not the hero they once knew, not like this and it makes me feel so helpless that I have to hurt them or let them down.", he says quietly.

There's an ache against the blonde's chest, one that hurts so bad it makes his ribs hurt. He struggles for a minute trying to figure out what to say in this moment.

" Deku, you gotta stop feeling like you're letting people down because you had an accident that wasn't your fault. I mean fuck, you got hurt protecting this city and all those fuckers in it. You're recovering still, it's a long process, there's no time limit on that shit. If people can't handle it or don't know how to fucking treat you normal that's their problem, not yours. And I'll be there, you just let someone look at you crossed eyed and I'll take care or it."

Izuku looks up at the blonde finally. He's noticed something about his childhood friend lately. Katsuki has been extremely protective over him since he's been there and that was surprising to him.

His surprise must be showing since he hears the hero in front of him speak.

" Oi, what's with the look now?"

Izuku shakes himself from his thoughts.

" Nothing.. just thinking."

The blonde smirks.

" Nerd brain at work huh? Anyways, put your damn jacket on we're going out."

Izuku knows he can't fight this, he could but what would be the point, in the end that blonde hero would always get his way.

Not too long later the pair is making their way down the sidewalk with Izuku steady pushing his chair with no problems.

Katsuki keeps a close eye on him and the area around them making sure no one on the street is making the greenett with him feel uncomfortable.

There have been waves to both of them, smiles and yes sometimes looks of pity that Katsuki quickly distracts the greenett from or gives the giver of those looks a glare of death.

As they walk on the blonde hero can see Izuku is getting tired of pushing his chair so far so without a word he steps behind it and begins to take over.

The greenett feels the sudden action and shifts so he can see behind him looking up at Katsuki.

Crimson eyes sift down to me the questioning green ones. He glances back at the walk ahead.

" What's with the look?", the blonde questions.

"It's just kinda surprising that you started to push me that's all."

Katsuki lifts a brow.

" What's that mean?"

Izuku laughs softly.

" Just that the day you picked me up from the hospital you were all, - I'm not fucking pushin you, you're arms aren't broken for once nerd ,die die,die!'", the greenett mocks trying to drop his voice to sound like the blonde hero.

Katsuki smirks with a deep chuckle.

" Shut up bastard. I didn't tell you to die, and I had to make you do shit for yourself so you could start regaining your strength. It's working isn't it?"

The greenett nods with a smile and a slight laugh.

" Yeah I suppose and maybe you didn't tell me to die this time but you use to say it all the time before you would spar or get into a villain attack or if I looked at you the wrong way."

The blonde hero laughs.

" Bet you have that written in a nerd book, and I was grumpy as a teenager and by the way I still fucking say it when there's a shitty villain involved, you don't change what works and me saying it to you now depends on how much you piss me off.", he teases tugging a green lock of hair from the back making Izuku laugh.

There's a small beat of silence before Katsuki speaks again.

"I stared pushing you because you looked like you might be getting tired, a lot of this shit is up hill. I push you to do stuff on your own yeah, but I'm not heartless Deku."

When Izuku doesn't say anything it causes a twist in the blonde's stomach, he clears his throat dropping his sunglasses down over his eyes when he asks a question.

" You probably think so though huh?"

Izuku scrunches his face at the sudden question shifting so he can see the blonde.

He glances up seeing dark black sunglasses and a blonde hero who is doing everything he can to keep his eyes straight ahead.

" What?", the greenett questions.

Katsuki clamps down in his jaw as he ask again.

" Heartless, do you think I'm heartless?"

Izuku raises both brows still looking up behind him.

" Actually, no. I don't think it's possible to be a hero and be heartless."

Crimson eyes shift down under the cover of dark shades.

" How about with you though. Do you consider me heartless when it comes to you?"

There's an uptick in the greenett's heart that he didn't expect while he trys to read the blonde's face but it's hard to gage with his eyes hidden.

The green-eyed hero isn't sure where this question is coming from or why it seems to be affecting his heart the way it is but he does his best to answer.

"No. No I don't think you're heartless with me, in fact you've been really great, like in ways I didn't expect. I know I'm probably not easy to deal with at times with all this but you.. You've been rock steady through it. Pushing me when I need it, easing off when you have to. You even hugged me a few nights ago, I didn't see that coming.", he says the last part a little sheepish with a small smile.

Katsuki keeps a his face mostly expressionless even tho he feels a hit of anxious butterflies when he speaks again clearing his throat.

" Might be a lot of things you don't expect from me."

Izuku is getting ready to question this but before he can the sound of three very familiar, happy voices come ringing through.

" Mido!!! Hey bro!"

" Dude! It is so good to see you out!"

" Wow Midobro, you look great!"

Green eyes snap to the voices of three extremely happy heros rushing towards him.

Katsuki smirks stopping and looking down at the greenett.

" Those pain in the asses kept bugging me to see you. I knew this would be the only way to shut them up, but if it's too much I can tell them to get lost till you're up for it.", the blonde explains.

The greenett smiles wide with glassy eyes at the sight of his friends who had literally saved his life.

" No Kacchan, this.. this is great."

He doesn't get to say another word before three overly excited heros are smothering him with hugs and high-fives.

" Bro it is so good to see you!", Kirishima grins.

" Seriously! We been trying for weeks, I was starting to think Kacchan over there was keeping you hostage", Denki smirks watching Katsuki glare and raise his palm with speaks flying.

" Watch your mouth Dunce and you know better than to call me that.", the blonde glares.

" Yeah there's only one person who can call him that, right Bakugo?", Sero smirks with a snicker getting a hard shoulder shove from the blonde hero making the raven eyed male laugh.

Izuku was so busy talking and laughing with Kiri and Denki that he didn't hear the comment, something Katsuki is grateful for at the moment.

" Hi guys. It's seriously really, really good to see you. Kacchan wasn't holding me hostage but I really wasn't up for company for awhile there, but I really did miss you all.", he smiles widely.

The sight almost makes the other heros want to cry because it had been so long since they saw it.

Sero suddenly grabs the handles of the wheel chair and begins to push it quickly.

" Yeah, yeah we missed you too! Now let's go to the park or something out of the sidewalk!", he yells running making Izuku laugh.

" Mido, I totally think you should give me a ride!", Denki yells getting ready to hop in the greenett's lap but suddenly his collar is griped from the back and he's snapped backwards by a large lava eyed blonde.

" Don't you fucking dare sit on his lap you electric current.", Katsuki snarls low so Izuku can't hear him.

The yellow eyed male frowns.

" Man, you are no fun."

The blonde smirks.

" I know and don't you fucking forget it."

After Sero and the others had raced the greenett to the local park they spent the day laughing and talking, throwing a Frisbee back and forth.

Katsuki kept a watchful eye over Izuku seeing him laugh and smile, joining in on strong Frisbee throws. He smiles when no one is watching, seeing traces of the old Deku finally showing themselves.

The blonde is taking a break a bit later leaning back on a bench as he watches with a head shake of amusement as Denki sings to the greenett dancing with him in his chair.

Kirishima comes and stands by his long time friend as he nods toward the greenett with a big grin.

" Mido looks great man, so much better than he did in the hospital, like wow man, great job bro."

Katsuki shrugs, sunglass covered eyes still watching a target they always would.

"Wasn't that hard, I know that nerd. He needed a shove in the right direction that's all, someone to stay on his ass and keep him focused even when he wants to give up."

Kiri nods.

" Well it's paying off man, he looks great. No improvement on the walking stuff tho huh?"

The question makes Katsuki tense.

" No, not yet but he's getting stronger, somethings up though, I been feeling the muscle in his leg react, wasn't doin that before so, that's gotta mean something."

" Dude I hope so, but while we wait it's super good to see him like this."

Katsuki nods slightly.

" Yeah, today's a good day, he has rough ones but one fucking day at a time, we'll get there."

The redhead smiles then shifts the topic.

" Soooo... you maybe mention how you feel about him since you guys have been spending so much time together?"

It's been no secret to the blonde's friends how Katsuki feels about the greenett even if that green-eyed hero was clueless. They'd known since high school especially the last year of UA but knew the blonde hero had a rough time letting his feelings known.

Crimson eyes look over at the redhead through dark shades.

" No, no time for that shit right now. More important stuff to worry about at the moment."

He sees the redhead shrug.

" Yeah maybe, or maybe it would be even more incentive for him to get better, he never wanted to let you down and always make you proud man. If you two paired up I'm pretty sure that would grow.

Katsuki shifts his gaze to the greenett who's talking happily with Sero.

" Maybe, I don't fucking know and hell I'm not even sure he feels the same way."

Kiri breaks into a chuckle.

" You're kidding right man? It's always been so obvious how Mido feels about you. ' Kacchan's so great. Isn't Kacchan's hero suit so cool?, Did you see Kacchan's fight style? Isn't Kacchan's quirk so cool? Did you see that villain Kacchan took down? Kacchan is an amazing cook. Kacchan, Kacchan, Kacchan", the redhead laughs with a grin making Katsuki smirk with a light dust of blush.

" Shut up shitty hair. He's just obsessed with heros that's all."

Kiri chuckles with a head shake.

" No man, he's obsessed with you, because he's so into you."

Katsuki shrugs with a smile he's fighting to hide.

" Shut up. Anyway, I just don't feel like it's the right time."

His best friend wiggles a brow.

" Want me to tell him for you?"

Katsuki looks at him.

" I'll kill you you shit, keep your mouth shut. We gotta get going, I need to get that nerd home before he gets too worn out and I'm sick of looking at your faces.", the blonde smirks making his way to the greenett.

Izuku looks up stopping his conversation when the blonde reaches him.

" You ready to head back?"

The greenett smiles at him showing his dimple.

" Yes. This was amazing tho. We'll have to do it again soon."

All the heros grin at him.

" Yeah man for sure! We'll see you soon Mido! Keep on keeping on you look great bro!", Kirishima cheers ruffling green curls making Izuku laugh.

After all goodbyes are said Katsuki and the greenett are headed back as the greenett chatters more than he has in a long time.

Suddenly the green-eyed hero feels his chair stop.

He glances up at the blonde.

" Kacchan? What's up?"

Katsuki looks down at him.

" I'll be right back nerd.", he tells him pushing him to a bench on the sidewalk.

Izuku watches him disappear around the corner wondering what's up.

After a few minutes Katsuki is back making the greenett look up from his phone to see the blonde holding two ice cream cones.

A large smile makes its way to Izuku.

" Oh my gosh! Strawberry?! In a crepe?! Extra whipped cream?!"

Katsuki chuckles handing it to him.

" Yeah, I remember it was your favorite, sweet as fuck and horrible for you but your favorite."

The greenett takes a large mouth full then smiles with his eyes beaming.

" Yeah but sooo gooood"

The blonde shakes his head with a grin as he begins to eat his own.

Izuku looks at him.

" Let me guess. Dark chocolate with spicy chili flakes?"

Katsuki smirks.

" Hell yeah, best flavor ever."

The greenett laughs.

" Can I taste it?"

Crimson eyes look into smiling green.

" You sure? You hate spicy shit, I'm not sure you can handle it anyway.", he smirks.

Izuku rolls his eyes.

" Bring it on, it's only ice cream can't be that bad."

Katsuki holds his cone out watching the greenett take a taste then he sees those green eyes water from the spice as he tries to hide it.

" It's.. it's... good."

Katsuki is starting to laugh.

" You sure? Why's your eyes watering?"

" What? I .. I don't know what you're talking about Kacchan that's not even spicy"

Izuku's face is now flush from the spice making Katsuki laugh even harder.

" Bullshit. I always get extra chili. You're actually sweating right now"

Izuku puffs his cheeks then in a brust sticks his tongue out fanning it quickly.

" Oh my god! Ok ok, it's horrible! It's so.. oh my God I think my throat is on fire right now and .. am I crying ?!"

Katsuki is laughing so hard it hurts and even tho the greenett is feeling the fire of hell he can't help but begin to laugh through his pain at the sight and sound of the blonde hero losing his shit next to him with waves of laughter.

" Pfft...hahaha, holy shit, I told you you couldn't handle it, you never could, take some of your ice cream, it'll help calm the heat."

He watches the greenett practically shove the whole cone in his mouth making him laugh even harder.

" Damn, slow down. Holy shit that was funny tho."

Once the fire in Izuku's mouth is out he laughs.

" Ugh that was horrible, seriously horrible but.. it's really nice to hear you laugh. I remember laughing with you like this as kids."

Katsuki nods with a smile meeting his eye.

" Yeah, it's been awhile huh?"

Izuku smiles.

" Yes, but this is great. It kinda reminds me of a...", he doesn't finish his sentence making Katsuki look at him studying the now sheepish look.

" A date?", Katsuki finished for him with a rapid heart beat seeing Izuku flush.

The greenett clears his throat looking shy but smiling nervously.

"Yes. I mean I know thats not what it is, I'm just saying."

They lock eyes for a moment both trying to read the others expression before Katsuki looks away with a slight shrug.

" I could think of worse things."

Izuku goes slightly wide eyed his heart hammering before Katsuki stands up and takes hold of his chair.

" Let's get back, early workouts tomorrow."

Right before they reach Izuku's apartment the greenett speaks up.

" Kacchan, if I forgot to tell you it's.. it's really nice having you here. Thanks for today and.. and everything you've been doing."

The blonde smiles behind him.

" You're welcome Deku."

A/N
Late night update.

Our tale continues ♡

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

17.9K 882 12
After Izuku and his father get involved in a car accident when he was only fourteen, he finds himself paralyzed from the waist down and stuck in a wh...
92.3K 4K 39
Katsuki Bakugo was your average man. He worked as a debt collector in an office, had an apartment, a good fuck buddy, and great friends. What he didn...
26.9K 1.5K 16
Last Year things got complicated for Katsuki Bakugo when at a Christmas party he kissed his childhood friend Izuku Midoriya under the mistletoe. It w...
1.1M 30.2K 39
RANK #1 IN BAKUDEKU ON 12.4.22 🍓 Izuku Midoriya is just a useless kid without a quirk. Bakugo Katsuki is a ticking time bomb aiming for the top. W...