The Case of Raimon Mystery In...

By AnjiruSpirit

This story is inspired by Scooby Doo and the Mystery Incorporated. Raimon Mystery Inc. is a group of detectiv... More

Chapter 1: Raimon Mystery Inc. Is No More?!
Chapter 2: After Four Years With A New Member
Chapter 3: A Disadvantage For Raimon Inc.
Chapter 5: The Fallen Wings
Chapter 6: A 'Golden' Success
Chapter 7: The Swamp Alien (Part 1: Alien In The City?!)
Chapter 8: The Swamp Alien (Part 2: A Heartfelt Reunion)
Chapter 9: The Swamp Alien (Part 3: A Student's Revenge)

Chapter 4: The Storyteller's Warning

23 2 0
By AnjiruSpirit

Third POV:

(Flashback continues)

The next day, at 7 A.M. Another villager is missing. Kirino, Shinsuke, Nishiki, and Kariya visited at the family who lost a member yesterday.

Shinsuke had noticed something on the roof, so he jumped higher to check. It was a piece of black feather. He got the feather and get down from the roof.

On the other hand, Kirino found a security camera near the house.

"It's not just one feather.", Shinsuke said as he gave a feather to Kariya.

"What do you mean?", Kariya asked.

"I saw more feathers on the roof.", Shinsuke pointed at the roof.

So, Kariya followed the tracks. It's from somewhere. It's from near the house. Until, he saw a clawprint and a pressure plate-like tile near with it.

"The giant bird kidnapped them because of that tile. If it is because of that tile, why that bird tried to attacked us even though without a tile.", Kariya said in his mind.

Nishiki's POV:

I comforted the family who lost a member. At the same time, Jiro had arrived to visit.

"I told you that you must leave before the monster will get you.", Jiro requested to leave.

"Why are you keep saying the same thing like that?", I questioned him.

"It's just for a safety.", Jiro said.

"You're just ship them away from here!", I said angrily.

"But, they're just so stubborn and kept refusing my offer.", Jiro replied. "Besides, they chose to stay with that old-fashioned thing."

I lost my temper for Jiro's previous words. So, I punched in his face furiously.

"Why did you do that?! That's rude!", Jiro said angrily.

"You are ruder than me! You disrespected their culture again!", I shouted. "If you keep messing up with them, then leave them alone!"

"You will pay for this!", Jiro said and leaves.

As he is leaving, I saw something strange. I saw a bruise on his ankle. I remembered something familiar as I remembered that Shinsuke used a device to paralyzed the bird's claw to free Tsurugi.

Third POV:

Meanwhile, At the same time. At Wakura Mansion. The trio, Mari, and Akihiro are in his office. Shindou showed them a letter from last night.

"He wanted to kick us out? Why?", Tenma wondered.

"I don't know either. I just saw a letter beside you.", Shindou said.

Tsurugi was reading a map of the entire village, while Mari was reading the book about the legend of the village's guardian deity, Otori.

Meawhile, back at the village. Kariya and Shinsuke was talking to the village's Otori storyteller.

"It must be the anger of Otori.", the old woman, who is a storyteller said.

"If the bird is angry, what those people have done with him?", Shinsuke asked.

"That's our guardian deity does, young man.", she said to Shinsuke.

Then, she has something to say. "25 years ago, one of our people who lived this village before. He's wanted to be an engineer, so that he can renovate this village. However, we refused to change because we chose to not turn back on our culture, especially our worship on Otori. But, he called us old-fashioned just because he thought that we didn't care about our future. One night, our guardian deity got angry at him for his disrespectfulness to our culture, so he punished him. He died because of Otori's anger."

"So, that's how the statue works.", Kariya said.

"Yes. If someone who disrespect to our culture, especially Otori, he will punish you.", the storyteller said.

Tenma's POV:

Later, At 10 A.M. We are all at dining room for lunch.

"Wow! It was delicious!", I said.

"Kotori-neechan is very good at cooking. But, thanks.", Kurumi said.

But, I remembered something with my face saddened.

"Tenma, is it something bothering you?", Mari asked.

"Yes, he does. All of us.", Tsurugi said.

"What happened?", Mari asked again.

"Two months ago, some of our team memebers quited right after we solved The Case of The Luna Ghost.", Shindou said.

"That's sounds really sad.", Mari felt sorry for us.

"But, that okay. We still can solve the mysteries with just seven of us.", I said. "For now, you're here to team up with us. It might be able to solve this mystery."

"Yeah. Otonashi-sensei told me in surprise that you solved several cases in this situation.", Mari said.

All of us have finished the lunch.

"I'm just need some fresh air.", I said.

"Okay.", Shindou said.

"Can I come too, Tenma?", Mari asked.

"Sure.", I agreed.

"But, be careful.", Kariya said.

"What do you mean, Kariya?", I asked out of curiosity.

Kariya came to me and whispering in my ear, "There's stone tile on the ground. Be careful with it or the giant bird will get you both."

"Hai.", I said.

Me and Mari leave.

Shindou's POV:

Meanwhile, Shinsuke and Nishiki announced the suspects on this case at Akihiro's office.

"According to our investigation, we have two suspects.", Shinsuke said as he put his two fingers in motion.

"First one is Jiro Baron. Because he convinced the villagers to leave forcefully.", Nishiki said angrily.

"The second one is the storyteller. Because she said that was the deity's anger is the reason why the villagers were missing.", Shinsuke said. "Plus, she warned us that once we disrespect their culture, Otori will punish us.", he added.

"That's it?", Tsurugi asked.

Both Nishiki and Shinsuke nodded. But, I noticed Nishiki's angry face.

"Are you angry, Nishiki?", I asked.

"Yes. Because all that he saying is disrespectful, so I lost my temper and punched in his face.", Nishiki answered angrily.

"Why did you do that?", I shocked as well as Tsurugi, Kirino, Kariya, Shinsuke, and Akihiro.

"That engineer gone too far for always trying to kick them out of this village.", Nishiki explained.

"Engr. Baron came to us in our village one month ago. He offered something to us, such as our children's education. But, we refused. One night, the giant bird began lurking around the village and kidnapped the villagers. The next day, Baron visit to our village again, he offered to us, we refused, then the bird is coming, kidnapped the villagers. Again and again.", Akihiro said.

Then, he continued, "Meanwhile, Sumire (the old woman storyteller's name), was actually believed about Otori."

"And the one thing is, she told us about one of dead villager 25 years ago.", Shinsuke said, which shocked Akihiro. "He wanted to be an engineer to change the village, but you refused to let him renovate it. Because you chose to keep your culture alive. He got angry for not supporting him. This is the reason why Otori got angry at him for being disrespectful to it. He died.", he continued.

"Nani?", Tsurugi shocked.

"He's right.", Akihiro mumbled. "I was in here during that time.", he was telling the truth. "His name was Haji Mitsuru. He was my friend once. One day, he dreamed to be an engineer, so that he will change our village better. But, I denied his decision, because I chose to keep this village like that."

"So, what did you do, Wakura-san?", Kirino asked.

"I told to my father and our previous storyteller before Sumire. My mother was a priestess (or miko) once in our village shrine where we worship Otori. They were all angry at him. They are called him 'disgrace'. So, we worship Otori to punish him. He died and I felt guilty for what I have done. But, it was too late.", Akihiro answered sadly out of his guilt.

"So, that what a tradition looks like.", I said in my said.

"Kariya, what did you say Tenma earlier?", Kirino asked.

"When we saw a black feather tracks, I followed it. Until, I saw a pressure plate thing and a clawprint beside of it. This is where the giant bird came out.", Kariya shared his information he got.

Tsurugi realized something, "Wait a second." He grabbed a village map he read from earlier and showed it to us. "When I read the map, I saw a square-shape like figure. I think that was a thing that Kariya talking about."

Kirino also figured it out, "So, you gave him a warning, Kariya."

"That's right. Once you stepped on it, the giant bird came out. Then, he will get you away from here.", Kariya said. "But, the one more thing is..."

"What?", Tsurugi asked.

"Last night, the bird attacked us. But, there's no square thing around this mansion.", Kariya wondered.

Tsurugi checked the map. He saw that there was no square-shaped figure surround the mansion. "Souka. (I see.) There's no square thing around here. But, why?", Tsurugi got curious.

Tenma's POV:

Meanwhile, Me and Mari went to the village shrine, where the townspeople worship at. We saw Sumire, an old woman storyteller worship at the statue of Otori.

"Otori, please stop this tyranny once and for all. Please bring the peace back to our village.", Sumire chanted.

"That's the great statue of Otori.", Mari pointed at the sacred statue.

"That's huge.", I said.

Sumire stopped her worship and looked at me and Mari.

"What are you two doing in here?", Sumire asked.

"Uhmm... We're just looked around here.", I said.

"Wait. You must be a young investigator.", Sumire said to Mari. "And you must be one of those detectives.", then she said to me.

"Hai.", we answered in unison.

"Earlier, I spoke with two young men. One has dark teal hair and one has a small body.", Sumire said.

"It must be Kariya and Shinsuke.", I said in my mind.

"I told them about Otori's anger and I also gave them a warning.", she continued.

"A warning?", Mari asked.

"Once you disrespect to our culture, Otori will punish you.", Sumire answered. "The question is... Will you respect to our guardian deity, our village, and our culture?", then, she asked.

"We will respect all of it. And no matter what happens, we will solve this case and stop the tyranny.", I answered with my determination.

"So, Am I.", Mari also answered with her determination as well.

"I hope Otori will answered to our prayers.", Sumire wished.

At 2:30 P.M., we finished the tour in the village. At the same time, we were about to take our photo with a beautiful view.

When Mari was about to sent our photo to Otonashi with her phone...

"Oh man. No network?", Mari shocked.

"Wait a second.", I said. Then, I picked my phone in my pocket and tried to call my team, but... "Oh no! Mine's no network too.", I surprised.

Then, we heard a loud screech. It must be the giant bird flew around somewhere.

"We thought that it did appeared every night.", Mari got scared.

"I don't know.", I also got scared.

Later...

"Aaaahhhhhh!!!", someone's screamed.

I heard it. Turns out, it was Mari. She was falling.

"Mari!", I shouted.

I caught Mari at the same time. We fell on the ground. Then, the giant bird appeared in front of us.

I just noticed the tile just now. I recalled what Kariya saying.

"Did you stepped that tile?", I asked as I pointed at the tile.

"Yes. Why?", Mari wondered.

"I remembered what Kariya said to me earlier. If you stepped that tile, the giant bird will get you.", I answered.

The bird made a loud screech.

"Run!!!", I shouted.

Me and Mari run away from the bird. The bird keep chasing us and screeching.

Third POV:

At the same time, At Wakura Mansion, my team heard a loud screech. They're shocked.

"What's that noise?!", Nishiki asked.

"I recognized that sound. It must be the giant bird.", Kirino said.

"Oh no!", Kariya cried out.

"No way!", Shindou got shocked.

"Tenma!!!", Tsurugi got worried.

Tsurugi rushed outside to get his mechanical glider. While Shindou also rushed to activate Hamano's drone.

Shinsuke tried to call Tenma with his phone, but...

"Kuso! (Damn it!)", he said angrily.

"What's wrong?", Kariya asked.

"No network!", Shinsuke got annoyed.

"Same to mine.", Kirino said as his phone showed to them.

Nishiki also showed his phone as well.

Shindou tried to locate Tenma by using the radar but...

"The radar didn't worked. What now?!", Shindou got frustrated.

"Shindou-senpai, let's fly.", Tsurugi said.

Shindou nodded. So, he flew the drone, while Tsurugi flew with his glider.

Tenma and Mari were keep chasing by the giant bird. They're tried to go back to the mansion, But, the bridge fell down.

"Damn it!", Tenma said.

"It's a dead end!", Mari cried out.

The giant bird flew in front of them. His wings flapped higher at them.

"Aaaaahhhhh!", both of them shouted as we fall.

But, Mari shoot the mysterious bullet at the bird at the same time. The bullet pinned. Tenma and Mari held the vines tightly to stop the fall.

"Phew. That was closed.", Tenma exhausted.

"Tenma...", Mari's eyes widened.

They noticed that that giant bird was still here. He made a loud screech in front of us. Tenma and Mari let go the vines due to the loud screech. They falling as they cried out and the bird flew away as he leaves.

At the same time, Tsurugi and Shindou (through Hamano's drone) saw them.

"Mari!!! Tenma!!!", Both of them said in unison.

Shindou fires a net to save Mari, while Tsurugi catches Tenma with his glider.

"Shindou-senpai, I got him!", Tsurugi said.

"Same.", Shindou responded through the speaker as he caught Mari with a net.

Shindou came and retrieved the drone. Tsurugi was with Tenma and Mari.

"Yokatta.", Tsurugi was in relief as he hugged Tenma.

"Tenma. Mari. Are you two alright?", Shindou asked.

"We're fine. By the way, thanks for saving us.", Tenma said.

"Why the giant bird chasing you in this afternoon? It supposed to be appeared at night.", Shindou got curious.

"It's my fault. I stepped the square-shaped thing.", Mari confessed.

"That was what Kariya warned me about.", Tenma said.

"And the one more thing is... The signal cut off.", Tsurugi said.

"Same.", Tenma said. "The bridge was cut down too. That's why we fell."

"Soudesuka. (I see.)", Shindou said.

The four are going back to Wakura Mansion.

Kirino's POV :

At the mansion, I watched the newly footage that I gathered from earlier. I was shocked when I saw something.

"No way..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.9K 3.5K 32
⚠️Warning bad English ahead! Book cover: @dolustoy on twitter and pixiv. Inakunijima Island is an isolated island and very less known from people...
1.2K 41 20
What happens when part of the Raimon team falls into a portal and find themselves in the Hunter X Hunter world? Will they become friends or foes with...
IDENTIFY By f1410n

Mystery / Thriller

362 27 25
What if the body that they identify wasn't who they thought it was? Hayama Sora, the representative of Kendo, Tsurimi Echiko, their classroom's inte...
33.6K 1.2K 10
"I'm sorry, but you won't be able to play soccer anymore." Matsukaze Tenma left everything behind after a horrid accident destroyed him. Abandoned an...