Sisters' Secrets

By RuVineet

[UNDER EDITING ] Ruhana Khanna lives with her sister, Manvi and daughter, Avni. They are happy in life. But... More

|Epigraph|
Chapter - 1 : Prologue
Chapter - 2 : Moments
Chapter - 3 : Their Life
Chapter - 4: Meeting Him
Chapter - 5: Her Health
Chapter - 6: Conversing
Chapter - 8: Love Moments
Chapter - 9: Conversing

Chapter - 7: Opening The Truth

13 4 30
By RuVineet

Ruhana is upset after meeting Raunak. She is afraid that Vineet might find out the truth and won’t believe her. Life has been harsh towards her and all she wants is peace and security for her daughter and sister. Manvi comforts her and Vineet eavesdrops on their conversation. He knows that Ruhana is hiding something. Meanwhile, Manvi goes to prepare coffee for Vineet and Ruhana while little Avni follows her demanding to help her mother figure. Vineet glances at Ruhana and she apologizes instantly. She knows that he has been her sole help for the last 6 years but she’s unable to face Raunak. Moreover, she doesn’t want the said man to know that Avni is his daughter.

“I am sorry, Vineet. Main Mr Raunak ke sath kaam nahi karna chahti. Aur wajah, wo main abhi nahi bata sakti.” She says, avoiding his gaze.

“Ruhana, relax. Mr Raunak se main deal kar lunga. Main bas tumhe us deal mein shamil karna chahta tha. Lekin agar tum nahi karna chahti, toh koi baat nahi hain. It’s no big deal.” He says softly and she looks at him.

“Aur main tumse kuch nahi puchunga. Main jaanta hoon, koi toh aisi baat hai jo tum mujhse chhupa rahi ho. Aur mujhe pata hai ki tum mujhe sab kuch sach bataogi. I will wait.” He says and it leaves Ruhana touched.

“Itna bharosa? Kyu karte ho tum itna vishwas mujhpe?” She asks, she’s touched by his gesture.

“Kyunki vishwas pe duniya chalti hain, Ruhana. Main samajhta hoon ki sab ko sab kuch bataya nahi jaata lekin tum mujhpe vishwas kar sakti ho. Ab hum pichle 6 saal se dost hain.” He says politely.

“Main tum par pura bharosa karti hoon, Vineet. Isliye toh tum yahan ho aur Avni aur Manvi tumse itna ghul-mil gayi hain. Aur mujhse zyada tumhari baatein sunti hain wo dono.” She smiles at him.

“Lekin tum nahi sunti.” He says and she sighs.

“Vineet, kuch baatein kisi ko batane se unki tees badh jaati hain aur phir wo sab bhulana bahut mushkil hota hain. Aur jo sach mere dil mein hain, main bas usko bhulana chahti hoon. Lekin aaj wo ateet khud chal kar aaya hai.” She says tears escaping her eyes.

Vineet looks at her and meanwhile, Manvi enters the room with a tray consisting of coffee mugs and bowls of fried rice. She hands one bowl to Ruhana and glares at her.

“Isko na pura finish karna. Nahi toh mujhe aapko zabardasti khilana padega.” Manvi says and Ruhana just nods her head.

“Tum khila hi do, Manvi. Tumhari behen ko dekh ke lagta nahi hai wo khud khayegi.” Vineet comments while drinking the coffee.

“Haina? I knew it. You know her so well. Phir kuch samjhate kyun nahi?” Manvi makes a face and looks at her friend.

“Kyunki hume kisi pe haavi nahi hona chahiye, Mannu. Aur hume unke feelings aur decisions ki respect karni chahiye. Maine samjhaya abhi, lekin intezar karna bhi utna hi zaroori hai. Samjhi?” He taps her cheek and she looks at him confusingly.

“Matlab? Aap Di ko kuch nahi bologe?” She asks.

“Nahi, wo jaanti hai na uske liye kya sahi hai aur kya galat. Aur wo ye bhi jaanti hai ki chahe kuch bhi ho jaye, main hamesha uske sath hoon— I mean tum sabke saath hoon. Aur phir Avni bhi toh hai, uske liye toh mujhe rehna hi padega.” He smiles and his eyes meet Ruhana’s.

Ruhana smiles lightly. She knows those words are for her. He’s assuring her that he’ll be there always and she can trust him with all her secrets. Her trance is broken by her daughter’s voice.

“Toh aap roz aaoge Avni se milne?” She asks cutely.

“Han bilkul. Lekin aapki Mumma hume aapse milne ka mauka hi nahi deti.” He makes a sad face.

“Noo! Mumma aisa nahi kar sakti.” Little Anvi argues with him and he makes her sit in his lap.

“Acha ji! Par aapki Mumma aisa hi karti hain. Wo mujhe aane hi nahi deti yahan.” Vineet says making a face.

“No no!” Little Avni again says and meanwhile Manvi chimes in.

“Han, han! Di aise hi hai. Lekin aap aa jaya karo.” Manvi says teasingly.

“Acha bas! Abse wo roz aayenge. Samjhe!” Ruhana says softly gazing at her girls.

Manvi and Avni chuckle at the moment. Ruhana decides to tell the truth to Vineet. She signals something to Manvi and she takes Avni outside the room. The little girl whines as she wants to spend some time with her mother but her Maasi has taken her away.  Manvi convinces Avni that they will have fun later. Little Avni agrees and begins to finish her homework. Ruhana gets down from the bed and closes the door. He’s astonished at the moment and Ruhana takes his hand in hers.

“Tum par mujhe khud se zyada bharosa hai mujhe, Vineet. Isliye, ab jab aaj tum kuch cheezein jaan gaye ho, main tumhe sach batana chahti hoon.” Ruhana says as she looks at him.

“Aur sach kya hai?” he asks softly.

“Raunak — He’s Avni’s biological father.” She says while he’s shocked at the moment.

“What? Tum usey jaanti ho?” He asks, gaping at her.

“Han, Vineet. Raunak aur main ek hi college mein padhte they. Jab main Raunak se pehli baar mili toh wo mujhe acha lagne laga. Na jaane kab dosti pyar mein badal gayi. Main toh usse pyar karti thi lekin….” Ruhana says and pauses at the moment.

“Lekin? Kya hua tha?” Vineet asks impatiently.

“ Phir vo hua jo maine apne sapne mein bhi nahi socha tha. Lekin shayad Raunak ko mujhse pyar nahi tha. Wo bas mera istemal karna chahta tha. Aur usne aisa kiya bhi.” Ruhana says and she pauses, trying to calm herself.

“Hum dono ko college se job mila tha. Office join karne ke baad hum aur zyada milne lage. Phir ek din maine usse kaha ki main usse pyar karti hoon aur main bahut khush thi jab usne bhi wahi kaha. I was happy that I had found love.“ She says softly.

Vineet is looking at Ruhana keenly, directing her to continue the story.

“Maine uski baat ko sach maan liya. Uske liye chahe main time pass ka zariya thi par main usse pyaar karti thi. Aur humse ek galti bhi hui. Mere liye toh mera pyar tha par uske liye sirf zaroorat, bas ek fascination thi main uske liye and usne fayda bhi uthaya. Jab mujhe pata chala ki main pregnant hoon aur maine Raunak ko bataya toh usne kaha ki main abortion karva lun kyunki wo London jana chahta tha aur usko meri koi parvah nahi hai.” Saying so, Ruhana breaks into tears.

“His career was more precious to him than me. Aur isliye main ab uske sath kaam nahi kar sakti. Bahut peeche chhod diya maine usey.” Ruhana says, controlling her sobs.

Vineet is astonished to know the whole story. He looks at Ruhana who’s crying. He embraces her in his arms and tries to calm her.

“Relax, Ruhana. Tum chinta mat karo. Main tumhe kabhi kisi kaam ke liye force nahi karunga. I will handle Raunak. Don’t worry.” Vineet says softly.

Ruhana calms down and Vineet makes her sit on the bed. He makes her drink some water and he cups her face softly. He tries to convince her.

“Ruhana, tum relax karo. Tumhe itni chinta karne ki zarurat nahi hai, isse tumhari health par asar padega. Please calm down.” Vineet says softly.

“Vineet, I am sorry. Main nahi chahti ki meri wajah se tumhe koi dikkat ho. I am really sorry. Aur – Aur tum Raunak se kuch nahi kahoge. ” Ruhana replies tearily.

“Relax! Tumhe sorry bolne ki zaroorat nahi hai. Mujhpe bharosa rakho, Ruhana. Main kisi ko kuch nahi kahunga.” He says and she hugs him again, crying in his embrace.

The ever-so-strong girl is on her knees, weak at the moment. Vineet just embraces her in his arms, silently promising himself that he’ll always protect her and her girls as well.

To Be Continued.

Will Raunak learn the truth?

Stay tuned.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 203 14
[COMPLETED] Vineet Singhaniya is the MD of Singhaniya industries. He's in love with his wife Mithi. This marriage of his isn't known to his family a...
14.5K 833 21
Pain is what every one says everyone has experienced also but pain of a girl who doesn't know what is love from her childhood what happens when she...
159K 8.7K 16
Ruth loses her parents at 19 and is shipped to live with a brother she didn't know she had. But she's hiding secrets: she's a liger like her mom, and...
18.9K 824 14
Cover by @awesomeshivu Nothing is permanent- not fame, not money. Everything has its own expiry date and one small situation is enough to turn the ta...