I Wish U Luck

De BluePeriodB

Emalia is working when suddenly in walks a devastatingly, handsome, stranger. He sits at a table glaring at a... Mai multe

𝓩𝓔𝓡𝓞
𝓞𝓝𝓔
𝓣𝓦𝓞
𝓣𝓗𝓡𝓔𝓔
𝓕𝓘𝓥𝓔
𝓢𝓘𝓧
𝓢𝓔𝓥𝓔𝓝
𝓔𝓘𝓖𝓗𝓣
𝓝𝓘𝓝𝓔
𝓣𝓔𝓝
𝓔𝓛𝓔𝓥𝓔𝓝
𝓣𝓦𝓔𝓛𝓥𝓔
𝓣𝓗𝓘𝓡𝓣𝓔𝓔𝓝
𝓕𝓞𝓤𝓡𝓣𝓔𝓔𝓝
𝓕𝓘𝓕𝓣𝓔𝓔𝓝
𝓢𝓘𝓧𝓣𝓔𝓔𝓝
𝓢𝓔𝓥𝓔𝓝𝓣𝓔𝓔𝓝

𝓕𝓞𝓤𝓡

415 19 6
De BluePeriodB

Olivia huffs out a sigh giving up her attempt to get him to talk. She looks at him for a solid minute longer before stomping her way toward me.

My face scrunches with anxiety as I contemplate running away from her and towards the restroom to hide. I brace myself for whatever she'll tell me, preparing myself for the worst.

All too quickly she comes in front of me slamming the tablet to my stomach effectively knocking the wind out of me.

I've tried for the past year to get her to like me, I'm ready to give up right about now as I try to fill my lungs with air.

"Do the job we pay you for, serve him." She grunts out and walks away. I shake away the slight annoyance that comes over at her words; she's a peculiar character, to say the least. Anyway, I do as she says, seeing that she's my boss after all, and walk over to the guy.

As I walk over towards him I see the glare already on full display, what a surprise, I never would have expected him to have that expression. On a serious note, I really am getting worried; is he ok? He always looks so upset. Did someone do something to him?

Well, with a friend he'll become a happier person, I'm sure of it. I walk towards him holding what probably looks like an evil smile.

I'm just excited though, he's not the only one who could use a friend.

I've tried making other friends besides Raul and Ms.Meera but it doesn't turn out too well. They usually just walk away and I never see them again, or if I do, they're sitting as far away from me as possible.

I think it's just because I come off a bit too strong, but this time, I won't. I'll be as smooth as butter.

"Let's be friends, what do you say?" I smile brightly at him, enthusiasm bubbling to the surface. "We can hang out, tell each other secrets, and borrow each other's clothes; it'll be great!" my smile grows with the idea.

I tried to get Raul and Ms.Meera to do that with me but they were busy. Raul is a single dad of three girls and Ms.Meera has her coffee shop business to work on.

He doesn't look like a busy guy. "You don't look like a busy guy." I say out loud, the words sounding a bit harsh "Not that you don't have a life, it just looks like you've got the free time." I try and fix my unintentional rudeness but that doesn't seem to help as his face looks at mine with irritation and repulsion.

"I'm really not trying to be mean." His face doesn't change in the slightest with my words.

I'll work harder next time to not come across as mean.

"Now that we're friends we should know each other's names! Who goes first?!!" He doesn't speak as he continues to look at me; his jaw clenching and unclenching; this is going great, he hasn't walked away yet!

"Well, you seem like a shy man, and that's totally ok. I'll tell you mine first and you can tell me yours when you're ready." I hold up a thumbs up searching his pretty face for approval.

I don't see anything as his full pink lips continue to hold distaste. I didn't get a no per se, and that's all I need. "My name's Em-"

Before I can finish my sentence his deep voice interrupt, "I know your name." I'm surprised for a second to hear him talk and shocked even more at his words.

He knows my name? He must have heard someone say it. "But I bet you don't know my full name," I say grinning because I know something he doesn't.

"I do," he replies, shocking me all over again. I frown. How would he know that? Nobody calls me by my middle or last name. I eye him suspiciously "Why do you know that?"

He doesn't reply, which is kind of a bummer since his voice is nice, oh, and I also wanted to know the answer.

"I'll tell you my name anyway. I want to introduce myself." I pause looking over at him, he doesn't do much so I continue "My name's Emalia Gracia Valentine. I got my last name from my mother, she thought my father had missed my birth by choice and decided he didn't deserve to get his last name on my birth certificate; she felt bad after but at the time, when she was able to think straight, her worries weren't set on my last name."

I shrug my shoulders offering him a fun fact about myself, which come to think of it, it isn't really a fun fact, but none the less its information which friends should know about each other.

I told the same fact to my other two friends, so they know already.

The pretty guy doesn't say anything and just looks at my face; his face , though, I will say, doesn't hold the glare or scold any more. Instead, it's replaced with a neutral bored expression. Yay! He's warming up to me!

My smile brights at his expression; we'll be great buddies!

"Alaric," My jaw drops. He told me his name? I think he did! His very pretty name. I didn't think he would say it today; I thought it would be at least a week from now till he took that step.

"You know, you're a very lucky dude. You've got a gorgeous face and a pretty name." I nod my head nonchalantly before I realize what I said.

"Oh, well, not that I think you're pretty, I mean you are, but I'm not trying to hit on you or anything. I wouldn't want to make you uncomfortable it's just that it's true. I mean you are undeniably beautiful but I won't treat you any differently because of your looks. I treat everybody with equality and you're no different. Do you want something to drink?" I change the subject while I try and catch my breath, really having lost it from the unnecessary long ramble.

My face heats from embarrassment, that I hope he can't see.

His eyes hold a tiny slab of amusement as he watches with his impartial face. "Get me water." His deep accented voice says. I wonder where he's from. I'll ask one day.

I nod my head at his words. He didn't say please but that's ok, we'll get there soon.

I walk to the kitchen and get his water putting the cute lemons inside it. He should have ordered the milkshake I bet he would like it. Waters boring, great, but boring.

I walk back holding his water, passing a very disturbed-looking Olivia on my way.

"Here's your water." I place it gently on the table sliding it towards him. "I won't take it away this time," I add jokingly which he very obviously doesn't appreciate as his perfect thick eyebrows scrunch together. I laugh nervously feeling bad for taking away his water last time.

"So, what would you like to eat, Alaric." He looks up at me at the mention of his name, and stares for a second or two causing my heart to stop at the look of his metallic grey eyes.

The moment is quick and brief before he looks down at the menu in front of him. Well, wasn't he blessed; he's literally perfect. I won't say I'm jealous... but I am.

He doesn't take long and looks back up at me. "Medium-well steak with broccoli and asparagus on the side." I quickly type his words on the tablet sending it off into the kitchen where Thomas will get it through the television screen in the kitchen.

"You're quite healthy, aren't you?" I note down the fact in my head saving it to memory, friends should probably know that too.

He doesn't reply or even bother looking up as he pulls out his phone and does whatever he needs to do.

I take the hint, not wanting to push my luck too far. I walk over to finish cleaning the table I had been cleaning earlier, then go over towards the kitchen to help out Thomas with preparing the meal.

I've never really had a chance to talk to him so I walk with excitement into the kitchen.

The moment I walk in, I immediately do a U-turn shutting the door.

No wonder I didn't feel Olivia's eyes for the past ten minutes. I'm at a loss for words as I contemplate my next move.

I mean I don't want to intrude but my friend needs his food.

Should I knock? Give them a moment or two? I mean, maybe Olivia will be in a happier mood after this.

I scratch my head looking at my watch. We're closing in thirty minutes, meaning Thomas will leave and won't make Alaric's food, and I most certainly don't know how to cook a steak or anything really.

I look at Alaric then my eyes travel over towards Henry, who's standing in front of the restaurant for any last minute guest who might come in and need seating. I go over to him picking up my pace when I pass Alaric's table.

Henry and I work in different positions, so I rarely see him but from what I've collected he's a pretty cool guy.

"Henry," at the sound of my voice he jumps up looking around. When he sees me he nods and smiles in relief "You scared me." he says breathless while holding a hand to his heart. I grin, slightly proud of myself for doing something I didn't even mean to do "Sorry."

His blond hair and tan skin make him look like a cool surf dude. I wonder if he surfs. "Do you surf?" His blond eyebrows draw together. "Random, but no." I gasp in slight surprise, who would have thought? He chuckles before speaking "Did you need anything?" Oh, right. I came for a reason.

I blush as I remember Olivia's and Thomas's position. I had no idea they were into each other.

"I don't know what to do. Alaric needs his food but Thomas is busy." I tell him hoping for some advice. "Busy? With what?" I don't respond and just look at him. "You know." I wiggle my eyebrows hoping he gets the hint.

He doesn't.

Instead, he looks at me like I'm some kind of weird bug.

"You know it's fine, I'll figure it out." I wave my hand dismissing the subject and turn around to walk away. He puts a gentle hand on my shoulder stopping me "I'll help you, I just don't understand what you need." He says, his hazel eyes staring at my brown ones.

I cover my eyes not wanting to see his before I say what I'm going to say. "Thomas had his thingy inside Olivia's thingy." I rush out the words while putting my head down, and covering it with my arms as I hear his burst of laughter surround me.

Once he's let it all out, he speaks "Damn, go Thomas, I guess. Though, Olivia's one mean ass bitch."

I look up once my embarrassment is finally gone "What do we do? What about Alaric?" He looks confused at the sound of his name so I explain who he is.

Comprehension comes over his features "You mean that hot one that recently started coming in." I nod my head with a knowing grin "Exactly that one," I reply. I really can't deny it. He is pretty.

"That man could bend me over and do as he pleases." For a split second I'm surprise by his vulgar honesty but I quickly recover and laugh at his bluntness; Henry and I will be fine friends.

"Let's be friends, what do you say?" before I say everything I told Alaric, Henry immediately agrees and says we should hang out.

Aaaggghhhh, I have another friend, yayyy!!

How had I not gotten the chance to speak to him before now? I'm happy we did today though, in fact, I'm dying of joy inside.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

Word count 2056

What'd y'all think of her new friendships?

I personally love them, but then again, I'm biased.

Anyway, how are y'all? I'm pretty good, but a bit tired. 🥱

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

18.8K 574 29
"I don't know what to tell you, it's your fault for catching feelings." He states, so harshly. And I thought I was the mean one. "It's your fault fo...
712K 13.6K 30
"Uh, uh, uh, none of that. What have we talked about, hm? You're safe, yes?" I reiterate and kiss the top of her head as she nods against my chest. "...
385K 12K 49
"You are mine now. Just remember one thing nobody gets the privilege of bringing that smile on your face and touching you" he clenched his fsts and m...
115 44 13
Sage is an assasin. She is a prisoner. She hates the man who put her in this position. She allowed herself to be kidnapped for love. She's an assasin...