Restrained Affection [Affecti...

By Sarah24SM

Advin Martin being the first born is next in line to be an Alpha, all his life he had dreamed to be a good le... More

Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue

Chapter 10

12K 632 44
By Sarah24SM

Jasmine slowly backs out of the room with defeat, so finally the truth is out. He never once wanted her she was always stupid to think, he did care.

The words he said nine years ago still haunts her, but still she couldn't guard her heart well enough!

"She can never be my mate. Someone as pathetic as her can never gain a title to be my mate!"

His words was still as fresh to her as that day, but the little Jasmine had enough faith in her mate that he would accept her when she came of age.

But in that little corner of her mind, she had always known she was never worthy of him.

After all, she was the daughter of the man who murdered her entire pack and for the first time in her life, she wished she had been dead with all of them. It would have saved her from the heartbreak and pain she is feeling right now.

She enters her room and locks her door as she lies on her bed. She takes Mr. Brown and clutches him tight to her. He is the only one left as hers.

"Why didn't you teach me to survive this mommy?" she asks as tears rolls down her eyes one by one.

She cries silently for the one thing that was just hers and because that thing will never be hers!

*******

Advin smiles as he hugs every one of his pack members who came to congratulate him and he happily accepts it. He had met Amery Stone while he was on one of his mission; she was one of the most beautiful girls he had ever seen.

They had gotten close in that short period and he had felt strongly about her. However, when she asked him to mate with her, he backed out. Now he had said yes, it was for the best.

Amery was a very sweet girl and because she was an only child, she came from power and money. If this mating was a success, he will have an alliance with one of the powerful pack in this country.

He was proud he took the right decision, once he is mated to her fully he will take the Alpha title and with that he will have Stone as his ally.

"Hey man! So finally, you are following my footsteps huh?" Lex teases as he hugs his friend to congratulate him. Advin laughs at that.

"Amery!" he calls his future mate who comes at his way.

"You've already met Lex right and this is Lily his mate!" he introduces them happily.

"It's so lovely to meet you. I'm so happy Lex has settled down" she smiles to them.

After having a good laugh around with his pack Advin turns towards his mother who has a beautiful frown on her face as she watches both of them intently.

"Ma" Advin starts but stops by Scar

"Why didn't you say anything about finding a mate?" Scar asks confused about the decision her son made without informing anyone.

"Not now Ma, I will explain it in private" Advin smiles tightly, before looking at his father for help who looks not so happy now.

"Oh come on, please can we not do this in front of Amery. Make her feel a bit welcome please" Advin groans at his parent's behavior, they finally nod at him and give a bright smile towards the girl in question.

"So, when is the mating ceremony going to be?" Scar asks as they all settle down for the dinner.

"Within a week" Advin answers while Scar looks at her son suspiciously

"But, why wait so long?" she asks and he just shrugs not ready to get down to play 73 questions with her.

"Mom, I want to show Amery around for a while let her have some time and I too want some time before we all get down to the Alpha stuff!" he explains hoping she would cut it out.

"Don't you think, you have postponed the mating enough I mean if I were you I would have already done it son!" he adds teasing making everyone groan.

"Still, not ready to hear about birds and bees from you dad" Advin groans as he gets up from his seat taking Amery's hand so they could have some private time.

"It's beautiful" Amery compliments as they walk in the garden

"Yap, it is. Mom loves gardening, she takes care of it herself!" he says as they both settle down on the bench where Amery puts her head on his chest and he plays with her hair.

"Do you think we are doing this right Advin?" she asks after a while of silence.

"Are you having second thoughts about it?" he asks unfocused.

"No, I will be honored to be your mate but still. What if one day you find your mate, will you leave me?" she asks scared about that day.

Advin sighs before he holds her tight to him trying to assure her about his intentions regarding her.

"No, I'll never leave you no matter what and I would never use you like that Ami, I'll never go to my mate!" he promises meaning it fully.

She looks at him and smiles mischievously before she asks.

"But, what if I find my mate?"

"I'll let you go, if that's what you are worried about. I won't come in the way of your happiness" he smiles as he kisses her forehead lightly.

"Thank you and just for the record, if you find your mate you can go to her, I'll never hold you back" she too promises.

If only, Advin thinks as he gaze at the stars. A week and then he will bond to someone else...

"Yes, but once we bond fully we can't go back to our mates" Advin points out to her

"I know" Amery whispers sadly at the thought of it

He sighs as he holds Amery close to him this is right thing to do for everyone's happiness.

Well, except her but then again may be she does not know they are mates, after all, her wolf has never shown herself as his father informed him about it.

May be that is why she never was around him much, if she felt any connection she would have shown some sign right? Not once did she try to hint that she was his mate, maybe it is fate telling him, they are better off alone on his or her own instead of being together

It is a good thing Jasmine has not shifted yet, now he will not feel guilty when he mates Amery, knowing Jasmine will never feel the mating pull or anything for him!

However, somehow that thought hurts him even more!

*******

The next morning Adrian calls out for Jasmine to join them for breakfast, but the omega informs him that she has already left.

She did not want to be near anyone so for the sake of all she had escaped early from the house and good thing she succeeded but not for long as she will have to join the Alpha's family soon in the study where they have gathered.

Everyone was seating in the study room discussing about the mating ceremony and how many guests to attend, when Jasmine enters.

Advin sits straight as she comes in knocking on the door.

"There is my favorite girl in the world! Where have you been?" Adrian asks cheerfully before it fades away when he watches her face and worries.

"What's wrong? What is it?" he asks as he sees her puffy red eyes. Everyone in the room looks at her alertly.

"I went to my meet my mother" she explains softly making Adrian visibly relaxes at that, knowing she gets pretty emotional every time she visits her mother.

"You scared me there!" he says that as he pulls her in the room all the while she silently let Adrian drag her.

"I want you to meet someone" he announces as he takes her to his friend.

"Mason meet Jasmine, she is the one I have been telling you about!" he beams as he introduces her.

Jasmine politely greets the man standing in front of her and tries not to look at the person who is drilling hole on the back of her head.

"Well, she is quiet a looker, if she wasn't younger than my own daughter, I would definitely court her" Mason teases her so she can loosen up a bit.

"Hey now, don't be a pervert. I will not risk my precious girl to you. She deserves the very best" Adrian warns as he slightly stands in front of Jasmine protectively making Mason shakes his head with a laugh.

"Jasmine, meet Amery you must have heard about her. I wanted you two to meet her last night but with everything, it just slipped out of my mind!" he explains apologetically.

"Hi Jasmine, it's so nice to finally meet you! Not everyone here can stop talking about you. I'm so envious!" Amery smiles at her sweetly but Jasmine does not face the girl as she stares at the floor.

"You don't have to be envious of me. You already have a mate, who loves you so much that he can throw everything out of his way like trash...

I always heard a mate's love is the most powerful love you have. So, Madam Alpha I'm envious of you for having our Alpha as your mate!" she bows at her respectfully before turning around and leaving the room.

They all look at her shocked, as she has never behaved like this before.

"She must be upset after visiting her mother's grave" Scar tries to defend Jasmine's behavior, as she too is shocked at incident.

Jasmine goes straight to her room once again locking her door as she drops on the bed too tired to do anything. She does not even have any tears left in her as she has shed it all on her mother's grave.

She closes her eyes clutching Mr. Brown as sleep takes over and she wishes that she never had to wake up again.

*******

Advin paces back and forth in his room as he remembers her face and the things she said to Amery. He cannot help but keep remembering her words.

Throw her away like trash that is what she meant by it. She was blaming him for everything and maybe in some way she was right, but he can never go back to her.

She can act as much as a spoilt little child as she wants, but he can never be hers. They were never to be together. All he has to focus on is the mating and to make his pack strong.

As Advin gets out of his room, he finds Amery talking with Jasmine in the hall and he watches as she fidgets so he walks up to them.

"Advin" Amery calls as she sees him walking towards them

"I was talking here with Jasmine, asking if she would take me to the school you had gone to. I just want to know how you spent your school days!" she grins with mischief in her eyes.

"Well now that we are going to mate, I want to know your every little dirty secret!" she giggles making Jasmine groan internally wishing to be anywhere but here.

"It's getting late!" she murmurs walking away from then making sure to stay away from Amery as it seems she can't handle the girl's sweetness.

Both of them do not say anything as she leaves and hides around the corner to watch him which was a bad idea as she sees them kissing.

She turns away not wanting to watch them anymore as she feels that same ache inside of her grow every time she finds out he can never be hers.

"But I want to" she hears Amery whine clinging on his arm.

"Ok, anything for you!" he smiles before he whispers something in her ears making her giggle.

Jasmine slumps on the wall bringing her knees to her chest as she feels the pain inside her chest seeing her mate with someone else.

"Why can't he be like that with me? Why am I not enough?" she whisper asks to no one.

*******

Jasmine walks to the last day of her school feeling like a zombie. She cannot take out the image of them kissing from her mind and tries to think of something else but cannot!

Even though she had said she would never come in between his happiness and she will never ask him to accept her, she still cannot help but feel betrayed by him.

All her life she had seen people with mates and how happy they were, the perfect example of that is their Alphas who still are so in love and that's why, she had started to dream about herself and her mate to be just like them!

However, she cannot have that anymore, after a week, they will be officially mate, and she will even lose the right to dream about him.

Jasmine takes a seat on the bench near the school grounds as she watches some familiar faces and some new passing by laughing, teasing and playing with each other.

She never had any friends except Lily in this school or better yet in the pack. It was a known fact to all whose daughter she is due to Adrian being very protective of her.

She still remembers, the days she used to go back to the house with bruises and torn dresses. There are still a few pack members that still aren't happy with her being on the same land as they are, so Adrian had ordered her to never to leave the pack house without any one escorting her.

However, she did not want to bother or become trouble to anyone so she made herself busy helping out Scar and Georgia in the kitchen and at the pack house.

Her life has always revolved between the pack house and school but she was happy, no complaints on that part. She could have had a worse fate that night, if it was not for Adrian saving her when he did.

He is always there for her loving her like his own which she is grateful for, he always protects her, he went so far as to stand up for her, against his own pack just so she can have a place she calls home and for that she can never betray him or his trust!

Jasmine gets up from the seat as it is getting late, she needs to be getting back to the pack house one place that she wishes she did not have to be.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 7.1K 52
Book 2 in the Rootbridge Pack series. You DON'T need to have read book 1 in order to enjoy this. You'll find a plot summary for An Alpha's Alpha (Boo...
17.3K 577 6
"You're mine, don't you understand!" he shouted "No," I say quietly lowering my head as to not see his pitch black eyes and angry state. As my eyes s...
63.6K 1.6K 51
She was rejected by her mate His mate died in a fire She went strong cold after her rejection He went crazy after the fire She's a warrior He's an...
6.3M 171K 51
She's the Omega; he's the Alpha's son. Her life's been full of pain; his has been full of parties, popularity, and potential. She's filled with shame...