Cryptid Dancing

By BIGsimp_buddy

A story of the life I never got to live. A life I have longed for but knew was never going to happen. I have... More

Certain Decisions (Prologue)

Chapter 1: Pleasant Acquaintances

15 1 0
By BIGsimp_buddy

A/n - S I G H S H E A V I L Y anyway, heads up, Luna (Bun=She/They) (Kit=Her/Them/Their) !!!And music video restricted!!! March 1st by Cyberbully Mom Club. I suggest putting it on loop

~ ~ ~

Matilda stood aimlessly in front of the school. Not feeling prepared, she hesitated to enter. Kids would often worry about daily life in High School; more complex math, more kids passing by, and possibly strict teachers.

Although, perhaps kids will finally mind their own business. 6th was sometimes an absolute nightmare and most kid's mental health is affected by the amount of bullying. Thankfully, Matilda stayed in the down low, circumventing the horrid path.

Matilda would prevent herself from socializing, she just wants to be alone. Not that some company isn't nice, but Matilda can feel comfortable by herself. She can't really socialize for the life of her but she manages.

She also avoided overthinking her outfit and first impressions and whatnot. Her usual clothing consists of gray sweatpants, a plain tank top, and high-top black sneakers. Matilda keeps her red varsity jacket in her backpack in case the weather gets chilly.

The kids swarmed each other. Rapidly entering the building or squealing for their friends from elementary. Even though they probably had countless sleepovers in the summer.

Matilda had some acquaintances aback, however, most of them moved away from Elksbark. She gets a few letters every now and then.

The soft breeze swayed her dark, frizzly hair as she finally took a step. Then confidently walking inside.

According to the school website: LaValla Moore; Founder of Elksbark and the first principal of the town's high school. She was a woman of high standards, and along with being Native American, the school's mascot is "Jamie Horned Serpent". An old Indian legend.

That's why most kids attending here are natives; including Matilda.

The building was no more than 4 stories tall, and the entrance revealed a small foyer with Jamie painted in front of the stairs (which split two hallways.) Starting off each hall, past trophies were shown in display cases.

Matilda dug for the schedule inside her pocket as it held her locker information.

"1765" She muttered to herself, then began searching for some guidance. Spotting a sign, "⬅2000-1001 1000-0001➡"

Cruising to the left, she gets an occasional bump from somebody.

...Annoying, right?

Well, we all suppose it's alright.

'1759, 1761, 1765. Great'

Learning from the video every student had to watch in 8th grade: Instead of a master lock, it is a 6-digit push button padlock. So it should be easier to open lockers than twisting and turning all the time.

6-2-0-7-3-6

She yanked on the lock but to no avail. Resetting it, Matilda pushed in the numbers again. Slowly this round. Yanking it once more, she cried in frustration.

"Oh, come. On!"

It grabbed some attention but thankfully they put it somewhere else. Although, a lanky fellow has arrived.

"Darn, you got one of 'em stubborns, I see." He stated. Matilda turned her head to him. His red hair and buck-tooth smile gave off a friendly appearance.

"Stubborns?" She repeated. The boy simply nodded and he grabbed a rock that was the size of his hand, next, he firmly tapped the hook of the lock. It finally hinged off. Matilda gingerly opened the small door, revealing its graffitied insides.

She glanced at him as her eyes widened slightly.

"My pop and generations back always had a problem with a few lockers. You'd be lucky enough to get a good one." He chuckled, explaining the situation.

"Well, thank you."

"Aw, it's my pleasure," He then spat (impressively?) on his hand, sticking it out. "Names Ron Schmuck! I don't know if ya had me in elementary but uh, some folks call me Ronnie. I'm just yer regular country boy, and I'll be glad to help you with whatever." He introduced humbly.

Matilda found it odd. First of all, she's never met someone so energetic, and second: Is she supposed to spit on her hand too? Nonetheless, she hesitantly shook Ron's hand. Feeling the sensation of wet saliva mixing between skins.

...Sounds pretty disgusting but neither seems to mind :)

"Matilda Artemis."

"Lovely to meet ya, Matilda! Say, who's yer homeroom?"

She peeked at her paper, "Ms. Montgomery." She answered.

Ron's face lit up immediately, "Well, will ya look at that! I have Ms. 'Gomery, too!" He cheered, bouncing up and down in excitement. (Bro gets excited easily I see HM HM HM A D H D PERHAPS- no jk. Maybe :3)

I think we know, this is a very happy fella. We can all appreciate someone like this.

Matilda grinned slightly. Baffled by how eager he is just by our share of commons. Maybe this could be a new friend. But as established: She rarely ever has friends. Matilda already does well on her own, would fellow comrades just be a holdback?

RIIINNGG!! (AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH-)

The bell rang, scaring everyone. Ron pulled out a map from his a-

"A'ight, Ms. 'Gomery should be in room 107. I might've broke in here earlier," He giggled. *insert Scooby Doo laugh* Ron began leaving to the other side of the mentioned 'stairs'. Matilda quickly put her jacket inside and closed the locker.

~ ~ ~

"Luni! Ya in here!?" Ron semi-shouted over the chattering. A violet head popped up from the ocean of kids as she sheepishly approached us, beaming with enthusiasm. 

"Luni, I want you to meet our new friend, Mattie, this is Luni" He introduced, hand gesturing to them. 

"Hi! I'm Luna Monfrey, she/they/fae." Luna greeted, her bright smile moderately blinding Matilda. 

'Is everyone this cheery?' Matilda thought, suddenly remembering why she detaches herself from people.

Luna was charming. A perky button nose, purple-dyed fringe, and seems to like space; judging by her Celestial Sun and Moon dress. 

I forgot to mention: Ronnie my boy and Luna have freckles. Ron has his face covered in it whilst Luna has some to a light amount. Awww, just cute

"Matilda Artemis." 

. . . *Awkward silence😐*

"Those are Luni's pronouns..." Ron whispered. 

"Oh. OH. Sorry, I'm dumb. Those are ...quite interesting." Matilda positively said, scratching her neck. 

It's not very often you'll encounter someone with neo pronouns. Which typically means you have pronouns beyond the "he", "she", "they" and "it".

The three talked some more while picking their seats. Of course, Mattie took the one in the back, right next to the window. A shooter comes in, jump out the window; there's a fire, jump out the window; picking groups, jump out the window.

C O M M O N  S E N S E  : D

Schmuck here is your typical adrenaline junkie and nature lover. Ron is often picked on for his thick Southern accent. Obviously making jokes about him being on a farm or handling the animals. Or they would sometimes bring a cowboy hat or small overalls to throw at him.

Thankfully, Ron has more patience than you could comprehend.

Luna Monfrey usually volunteers in community service activities. A decent sense of humor, and can always find a reason to smile. Fae's very optimistic but Luna does think realistically. Plus, an average Jane.

Who knows how this newfound friendship will turn out?

"A'ight, children, shut yer cake holes. I'm Ms. Montgomery, and -" The teacher barged in, looking kinda dead :/

Matilda took the time to familiarize her surroundings. 

Just a classic classroom, adequate-looking children all in their separate desks, the roller curtains/shades half-down shined an orange hue in the room, the morning ready to start. 

Luna (next to Mattie) and Ron (in front) smiled at each other. Even Matilda felt her lip upturn slightly. 

'I think I'll survive here'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

390K 8.1K 35
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
889K 35.1K 45
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
2.1M 108K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
173K 4.3K 47
TAEKOOK STORY TOP : JUNGKOOK BOTTOM : TAEHYUNG In this story taehyung was purchased by biggest multi billionaire jeon jungkook rude cruel Taehyun...