Owl house (Luz x Eda's son re...

By Puppet198463

Self-assured teenager Luz stumbles upon a portal to a magical realm where she befriends a rebellious witch, E... More

Bio
Theme
Prolong
The lying witch and a warden: Part 1
The lying which and a warden Part 2
Witches before wizards Part 1.1
Witch's before wizards 1.2
I Was a Teenage Abomination PT 1
I Was a Teenage Abomination PT 2
The Intruder pt 1
The intruder 2
Questions
Sneak peek of chapter I wanna do.
Mothers day Special
Chapter/Episode list
Filler: Ted x Eda
Mothers day (Short)
Baby Y/N
Y/N x Luz Filler
Years later
QnA

Covention

909 20 10
By Puppet198463

(7762 words. Hope people like this. Oh god my hand feels like a pin cushion.)

At Eda's Human Collectibles stand. Eda was dusting the table, looking bored, Scare was organizing the shelves, while Luz is reading the first Azura book to King and Y/N.

"Emboldened by the dishonor Hecate had shown, Azura lifted her staff to the cotton-candy skies and shouted, "I challenge you to a Witch's Duel!" And look! I drew a flip book." Luz said as she flips between two pages.

"Pew, pew, pew!" Luz said.

"Not bad...for a human." Y/N said.

"Show me the picture." King said peeking over the top of the book.

"What?" Luz asked.

"Show me the picture!" King asked and Luz did.

"Hah! I can draw better than that. You know, they once called me the King of Artists." King said.

"Wait. I thought you were the King of Demons. Are you just making this up now?" Luz asked with a grin.

"Oh please. I've seen him draw. They look about as stable as a bomb shelter made out of popsicle sticks." Scare said.

"I've improved since then! They are not as blocky!" King said. "Hey Scare, isn't that your girlfriend?" King asked and pointed over to someone. Scare looked behind him and his button eyes shrunk.

"Oh no." Scare screamed in horror. Luz looked up at Scare and raised a eyebrow confused.

"What's got you worked up?" Luz asked confused. She thought for a minute and gasped. "Is it someone from a dark and mysterious past you have?! Is it the one who made you?!" She said in excitement.

"You really gotta stop saying stuff like that, like it's a good thing." Y/N said.

"NO LUZ! It's a girl who has an obsession with me! Oh god I need to hide! And like I would tell you who made me!" Scare said terrified and looked around frantically.

"Trust me, I've been trying to get the answer of who made him, for years, he won't talk." Y/N said.

"Come on, she can't be that bad." Luz said calmly. "Oh ya? Picture the most obsessive person alive, now dial it up by ten." Scare said.

"Oh.....that scary? No wonder he's trying to hide. Can't you just say your not interested?" Luz asked.

"YOU DONT THINK I TRIED THAT ALREADY?!? That was the first thing I tried!" Scare said as he looked for a place to hide.

"Scary?" A voice called out. Scare immediately froze up and gulped nervously. He slowly turned to the direction of the voice.

"Scary!" She said happily and jumped onto Scare. She wrapped her legs around his waist and started kissing his face repeatedly. "Oh god..why me? God, did I do something to piss you off?" Scare thought sadly to himself.

"Oh I missed you, I missed you, I missed you, I missed you!!" The scarecrow girl said happily as she hoped up and down, while hugging Scare tightly.

"She doesn't seem so bad." Luz said.

"Trust me kid, she is a delusional, obsessive, nut bag. Also three things. One, don't go near Scare when she's around. Two, don't try to take Scare from her. Three, don't say that she doesn't need a guy to feel special. A few women said that to her and it didn't end well." Eda whispered. "By didn't end well, you mean the women had their mouths locked in place." Y/N said as he was reading Luz's book.

"Doesn't matter. What's important is that my followers would leave me offerings in fear of me!" King said as he stood on the table.

"Well, I can offer you more of this tantalizing book." Luz offered and held up her book.

"Ugh! Please stop reading that. Its flowery language is an insult to witches and driving away all of our serious customers!" Eda snapped.

"Mom? What customers? There aren't even any other stands around. Even I admit this is kinda creepy." Y/N said as he pointed out to the empty street.

"Y/N's right. What's going on?" Luz asked as she looked out.

"This is a bad omen. There must be something horrible happening today." Eda said ominously. Y/N looked at her uncomfortably and moved closer to Luz

"Luz!" Gus and Willow run up to the stand.

"Something amazing is happening today!" Gus added.

"Gus, Willow! Hey!" Luz said with excitement and looked over at her friends.

"Hello tweedle dee, and tweedle dumb." Y/N said with sarcasm. "Hey, you say that something amazing is happening. What is it?" Y/N asked.

Willow held up a flier. "It's the annual covention! Student witches get to see all the types of covens before they're placed in one. There's even a mystery guest this year!" Willow explained to him.

"A job fair for witches! Eda, can we go?" Luz asked excited.

"Absolutely not." Eda said. Luz groans and drops to the ground.

"I never joined a coven for a reason. Sure it's like a fun club for witches, but you're also giving up your magical independence to be part of a crooked system." Eda explained to Luz.

Y/N looked at Willow and Gus. "Hey. Wanna buy a human watch?" He said as he pulled out a box full of watches. All of which were old and or broken. But Gus and Willow didn't know that.

"Humans keep the time with these babies. And sometimes speak into them." Y/N said.

"A real human watch! How much for one?" Gus asked excited.

"Twenty seven snails. Each." Y/N said.

"Gosh! That's awfully high." Willow said in shock.

"Sorry. Rules of the house. I guess I could break these apart and make a clock." Y/N said.

"Wait? A real human clock?" Gus asked.

"Ya?" Y/N said.

"Like one of those big human cuckoo clocks?" Gus asked. Y/N smirked as he got an idea.

"Yes. That one will be thirty snails." Y/N said.

"Deal!" Gus said excited. He gave Y/N the snails. And Y/N gave him the cuckoo clock.

But the thing was old, not working, and rusty. But Gus didn't know that. "Pleasure doing business with you." Y/N said with a grin.

"That's my boy. Taking after me." Eda thought as she watched this.

"I think my grandma had something like that." Luz said.

"Eh, but, you know, no judgment. In any case, I haven't been to a coven one since we were girls." Eda said and immediately knew she slipped up.

"We?" Luz asked.

"I—the—I mean—" Eda began.

"Who's "we"? You have a mysterious past! Now we gotta go!" Luz popped up.

"No." Eda said.

"Okay. Then you leave me no choice." Luz said as King grabbed the book and began reading.

"You shall not shan't doeth no more harm," Azura callethed out..." King read.

"So flowery, so awful." Eda said. Eda walks away, opening the Portal Door and stepping through it.

"Hecate could only screech, screech as did she, for the screeching did worseneth." King read on. Luz tosses King through the portal as it closes. It opens a second later, Eda coming back through with King sitting on her head.

"Stop it! Stop it! I will literally do anything to stop this!" Eda said.

At long building, a sign in front of it reading "COVENTION TODAY alchemists anonymous tomorrow". Back at the front the building, where Luz is bouncing on her feet and Willow is clapping. Eda groans into her hand.

"Now why do I think we're forgetting something?" Luz asked.

Back at Eda's stand
"Why haven't any of you helped?!?" Scare cried out as the scarecrow girl was smothering him in a painful way.

Back at the convention. Eda was grunting as she struggles to pull her hood on, King hanging off of it.

"Gotta keep a low profile. You too kid." Eda said to her son. Y/N put on his top hat, eyepatch, and a monocle.

"We'll work on it." Eda said.

Luz grunted as she tries to shove Eda's hair in the cowl.

"Is this cowl really necessary?" Luz asked.

"Do you think all my wanted posters are for petty theft? Partly. But the big whammy is I disobeyed the law and refused to join a coven. If I'm seen, I could go to jail. Again. Jr is also wanted for not joining a coven, and being my accomplice." Eda told Luz as various items fell out of her hair.

Willow approached Eda with one of Eda's wanted posters.

"Maybe this informative event will inspire you to join a coven." Willow said. Eda traces a spell that pulls Willow's cowl over her face. Y/N laughed.

"Let's just get this over with." Eda said as they enter the building.

"Whoa. Was I even alive before now?" Luz asked. Several booths are set up inside, each with a sign for one coven or another. From the ceiling hangs nine large colorful banners. Two student witches fly by on broomsticks.

"Well you were living and breathing the entire time I knew ya, so I think so." Y/N said. "Also what is all this?" Y/N added.

"Those are the main nine covens, but there are hundreds of other ones you can join." Gus said.

"There's Flower Coven, Artist Coven, Big Dog Coven, Small Cat Coven, Tiniest Cat Coven." Willow explained.

Eda groaned.

"Also the Grumpy Coven." Willow whispered and Y/N laughed.

"What was that?" Eda asked. Willow yips as the kids and King all run. Just then, a man approached her.

"Uh, excuse me, ma'am, but you look rather familiar." He looks between Eda's wanted posters and her.

"Uh... No, I don't. Distraction spell!" She reaches into her cowl and throws a bag on the ground. It's Hex Mix, which does nothing. Eda runs away anyway, but returns when the man bends down to grab it. She drags his hood over his face, scoops up the Hex Mix, and runs away again. Back to the kids as Eda rejoins them. Luz stopped and pointed at something.

"Ooh, what's that?" Luz asked.

"That's the Construction Coven." Willow responded.

They watched as a bearded witch in a hard hat and Tinella Nosa standing next to a pallet of wood and a pallet of bricks. The witch grabs both pallets from the bottom and tosses them in the air. The materials fall down to perfectly construct a small house.

"One of the main nine. They use power glyphs to increase their strength." Willow added.

The witch removes his hard hat to pull of a power glyph from a stack atop his head. He peels the adhesive off the back of one and puts it on Tinella Nosa's nose. Her pupils constrict.

She screams and picks up the witch, throwing him in the air. "Ha-a-a! I'm the destroyer of worlds!" She said and grabs the Construction Coven sign and tosses it.

"Hey, that's the opposite of construction!" One Witch said.

Two witches run in to stop Tinella Nosa as she grabs a giant hammer.

"Yowza-wowza!" Luz said.

"It's like she's on an acid trip." Y/N said.

A light blue double of Luz ducks out from behind her.

"Yowza-wowza!" The double said.

"It's like she's on an acid trip." A double of Y/N said.

"Yowza-wha-a-a?" Luz said in shock.

The illusion doubles walked over to two Illusion track witches. The two illusions waved at their counterparts and disappeared.

Gus tan over to the other witches.

"Ah! You've been taken in by the allure of the Illusionist Coven. We like to magic with a hint..." Gus began and disappears in a cloud of smoke, reappears a few feet to the right. "of showmanship." He finished. He bows as the other two appear next to him.

"Wow! Acceptance? Comradery? A sense of belonging? Covens sound incredible! Eda, why haven't you ever joined one?" Luz asked Eda.

"Watch closely, Luz." Eda said. Another illusion track witch was now standing with one of the other ones.

"When you join a coven, all your other magic is sealed away." Eda explained.

A seal in the shape of a mirror appears on the witch's wrist, light blue lines running from it up his arms and face. He pales slightly as the lines fade.

"From now on, that kid will only be able to make illusions. Since I never joined a coven, I can do every kind of magic." Eda said as she creates a fireball in one hand and a ball of water in the other, then makes both disappear. "That's why I'm the most powerful witch on the Boiling Isles." Eda said

She walks away. Y/N, Willow, Luz, and Gus hurry after her, amazed. King starts to follow, but is stopped with a hand on his shoulder.

"Weh?" King asked

"The tea leaves foretell that this will lead you to your destiny." They pulled out a pen and puts the pen in his hands.

"Destiny? Feh! I'm not paying for" King began but the witch was already retreating into the shadows.

"It's free-e-e." The witch said

"Are you bestowing gifts upon me? Yes! I accept your offering! The King of Demons is back!" King said excited.

Meanwhile at a doorway flanked with guards.

"That panel looks popular." Luz said. Gus gasped.

"It's the Emperor's Coven! Do you think they'll sign my forehead?" Gus asked.

"Only one way to find out!" Willow said. Willow and Gus run inside. Luz starts to follow them, but stops when she realizes Eda and Y/N haven't moved.

"Aren't you two coming?" Luz asked them.

"I'm trying to decide." Y/N said.

"Me? No way. Of all the covens, they're the worst. I'll wait out here." Eda said.

"I get it, Eda. Covens: bad. Individualism: good. But I'm still figuring this world out, so I'm going to go in there and make up my own mind, okay?" Luz said as she walks in. Y/N decided to go in, mainly to see Luz get heartbroken by what she sees.

They sat down in a large stadium with a chattering audience. Eda sits down next to Y/N and Y/N sat down next to Luz.

"All right, let's see this mess." Eda said

The lights dim. Principal Bump rises from the floor with spirals of green magic, a spotlight illuminating him. The audience applaudes and cheers as he summons a mic.

"Hello, Bonesborough! Students ask me all the time, "Principal Bump, what's the height of magical achievement?"" He began

"Is it this?" One kid said and increases the size of his head greatly, crushes the student next to him.

"Wow. I failed you as a principal." Bump said. He grabs the mic, with some feedback. "It's being selected to join the best of the best. And there are none better than the jewel of the coven system and the enforcers of his will, the Emperor's Coven." He said as three witches appear.

"Whoa." Luz said

Luz looks to the side and waves.

"Luz!" Willow and Gus said pointing to Gus' forehead, which has been signed.

"Feast your eyes on this elite force, each member handpicked to help usher in a new age of controlled magic." Bump said

Each coven guard traces a white spell circle above their head. One produces a jet of flame, another water, and the third lightning. The three elements come together in a firework that turns to confetti, which Luz and Y/N grabs. Y/N couldn't resist.

"When does that "elite force" get here?" Eda asked Y/N and Luz and then laughs.

The coven guards are now holding the same elements in balls between their hands.

"Members of the Emperor's Coven have access to all—yes, all forms of magic. Ooh. Aah." Bump said.

"Ooh. Aah." The audience went

"But... only the best can ascend these ranks. Some day that could be one of you!" Bump said and points directly at Amity, who brightens and squeals. Y/N saw her and rolled his eyes.

"Luz? You hear a dog howling?" Y/N said. It took Luz a few minutes to realize he was referring to Amity as a dog.

"Yep." She said.

The three guards grab their capes and disappear in flashes of white light.

"And now, I'm pleased to introduce the esteemed leader of this coven and this year's mystery guest. You know her, you love her! Lilith!" Bump said.

The audience gasps. Eda stopped laughing.

A bright flash of light near the ceiling turns into a blue raven sitting on a branch. It flies off the branch to the stage, landing to reveal Lilith. It disappears with a screech as she lifts her arms and sends her mask flying. The audience applauds and cheers, while Eda is looking at her speechless. Luz notices.

"You know her?" Luz asked.

"You could say that." Eda said

"Mysterious past!" Luz said

"Thank you, all." Lilith said. She magically sends her cape and mask back into Principal Bump. "It wasn't easy for me to rise to the top. I also started from humble beginnings." Lilith said.

"Now I have the highest honor of enforcing the Emperor's will. So be more! The Emperor's Coven awaits you!" She added. She spins, creating the raven illusion again. It spreads its wings before bursting into balls of light. Lilith poses with her arms out, smirking, while Eda glares at her. Outside of the auditorium Eda, Y/N and Luz leave. Eda grabbed Y/N by the arm and was dragging him off

"Eda! Where are you going?" Luz asked.

"We are gonna head home and I'm gonna wash the con funk off my skin." Eda said

"But we haven't even taken the quiz to determine our coven type!" Luz said

She pulls out a thick magazine out of her pocket, flipped to a quiz named "What Coven Are You In?", and holds it above her head. Eda doesn't even look as she casts a lazer beam through it and walks away. Luz pulls the magazine down to read it, walking without looking.

"Ooh, a punky potionist." Luz said. She runs into Amity, and they both grunt. Y/N saw this and knew that he had to intervene. He used his magic to make an illusion of himself to be with Eda. He made his escape.

"Watch where you—Oh, it's you. Willow's... abomination thing." Amity scoffed.

"Uh... Hey, Amity. So, funny story. Not an abomination. Sorry for the confusion last week. I-I'm Luz. The human. Hi!" Luz said.

She offers her hand, but Amity smacks it away.

"Ugh. Put that away. You're the one that got me in trouble with Principal Bump and I never get in trouble." Amity said as Y/N arrived.

"Luz, forget it. She isn't worth it. God wanted to spice the earth with jokes, and he made her." Y/N said. Amity growled and walks away.

"Y/N!" Luz said. "That was...admittedly funny." Luz said as they followed Amity.

Well, to be fair, you were okay with him trying to dissect me, so.." Luz began. Amity stops and turns around.

"You can't be here! This covention is for witches only." Amity said.

"Well, I'm learning how to be a witch. I'm receiving magic lessons from a powerful witch, a apprentice, a magical scarecrow, and a ferocious demon." Luz said. Amity looks over Luz's shoulder.

"Is that your ferocious demon there?" Amity said.

Luz and Y/N turn around to see King, decked out in merch, walking towards them. Two bakers are walking behind him.

"Cupcakes in my tummy-tum makes the King say yummy-yum!" King said

"So you'll join the Bakers Coven?" One baker asked. King eats a cupcake in one bite.

"Hmm... Nope!" He steals a cupcake off the other baker's tray and runs.

Oh, hey, Luz! Y/N! Look at all those offerings!" He said and trips on his scarf. "Wah!"

Luz goes to help him up. Y/N reached out for the dropped cupcake, before Amity steps on it. And his fingers. King gasps.

"Oops. That was an accident." Amity said, until she related accidentally stepped on Y/N's fingers. She figured that out when he retracted back and started jumping up and down while holding his hand and trying not to cuss. Luz also noticed that it looked like Amity regretted, stepping on his fingers unintentionally

"Why are you being so mean, Amity?" Luz asked.

"Because you, your boyfriend, and your pet are giving witches in training a bad name." Amity said.

"We're not dating!" Luz and Y/N said blushing.

King was scratching his face with his hind leg. "I'm not a pet!"

"He's a very good boy and the King of Demons! I'll tell you what, Amity. It's one thing to say I can't be a witch." Luz said hugging King.

"'Cause you can't." Amity said.

"...but it's another thing to bully my friends. Just like The Good Witch Azura said when facing down her rival Hecate at the Bog of Immediate Regret... I challenge you to a Witch's Duel!" Luz said.

Everyone gasps. Even Y/N. Amity takes several steps forward into Luz's face.

"I accept. Let's set the terms for this duel, shall we?" Amity said

"One, if I win, you apologize to King for squashing his cupcake, and Y/N for stepping on his fingers and...whatever you did to him before." Luz said. She had no idea what Amity had done to Y/N, but one thing was clear whatever she did it really tore him apart.

"And two, you admit that humans can be witches too." Luz said.

"Fine by me. But when I win, not only do you have to tell the whole covention you're not a witch, you have to stop training forever." Amity said. Y/N's eyes widened and his monocle fell. His eyepatch flipped up.

"Do it, Luz! For my honor!" King said. Y/N was repeatedly shaking his head no. Luz mouthed sorry to Y/N.

"Fine. Let's shake on it." Luz said. Luz holds out her hand. Amity draws a spell circle around it before shaking.

"The everlasting oath is sealed." Amity said. Amity pulls her hand back and the spell circle fades.

"That's probably fine." Luz said.

"Meet back inside the theater in one hour. Let's see what kind of witch you are." Amity said.

"King, Y/N, I-I can win this, right?" Luz asked.

"Mmm? Oh, yeah. No." King said. Y/N had a look of despair on his face and shaking his head. Luz whimpers.

"You know little to no magic. What the boiling waters are you going to do in a duel?" Y/N asked.

Meanwhile Eda trying to sneak out of the covention. The illusion of Y/N faded already. Right now she was just trying to get out.

"Sister?" A voice behind her said. Eda stops and turns, seeing Lilith surrounded by several Hexside students, and a blue stroller.

Lilith is a tall, slender middle-aged woman in her mid-to-late 40s. She has ivory skin, pointed ears, dark black lipstick, and mint green eyes. She also has dark claw-like nails. Initially, Lilith had long, straight, dark navy hair, which she dyed

"It's been so long since I've seen you last! What are you wearing? You look like some sort of trash collector. Oh, right. You are." She said

"Oh, Lily. I just had to see the leader of the Emperor's Coven in action."

She leans down to talk to the students.

"You know, when we were kids, Lilith was so excited to see the Emperor's Coven, she peed a little." Eda said.

The kids laugh, making Lilith blush.

"That—That's all for today." She ushers them off. She looked at Eda.

"You shouldn't even be here. You're a wanted criminal! Unless... [Gasps.] I don't believe it! You are here to join the Emperor's Coven!" Lilith said with a smile. Eda just laughed.

"In your dreams." Eda said

"You think being covenless makes you so much smarter than everyone else. But while you run from the law like a degenerate, I'm mentoring the next generation of powerful witch students into the world." Lilith said to her sister.

"Well, I have a student. Two in fact. And I bet they could wipe the floor with any of your prissy little blue bloods." Eda snapped back. Lilith started stepping closer.

"Is that a challenge?" Lilith asked.

"Oh, it's a promise." Eda said. Just had a baby cry interrupted the two. Lilith turned and dashed to the stroller. She reached in and picked up a small baby.

"I'm so sorry, sweetheart! I didn't mean to wake you up." Lilith said to the baby and rocked him gently.

"Lily? Who's kid is that?" Eda asked.

"...He's...mine." Lilith said. Eda busted out laughing.

"You! A mom! Since when?" Eda said laughing.

"Since I had...too many to drink and...I didn't know me and my husband had done it till the baby came." Lilith said.

"Wait wait wait. You got a one night stand, and got pregnant! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!" Eda said as she was uncontrollably laughing and fell to the ground. Lilith's face turned red with either rage or embarrassment. Lilith's baby boy cooed softly.

"It's not like I meant for it to happen!" Lilith shouted in frustration. "That's what makes it so funny!" Eda said laughing.

"Well, well, well." Lilith muttered, trying to come up with a real crusher. All she got out was "You let Ted sleep in your room!" Lilith said.

"Those were sleepovers, where else was he gonna stay? The closet?" Eda asked laughing. "Besides, you were the one who practically pushed David into sleeping on your bed!" Eda said laughing.

"Hey? How is David doing?" Eda asked. David was Eda's brother in law, and Teds brother. David was cheerful, charismatic, hyperactive and enthusiastic, often at inappropriate times. He has a relatively flat voice and has comparatively odd vocal inflections. He was also very blunt and literally while speaking and took things literally. He often talked in grammatically, correct sentences, or with a different vocabulary than the people around him.

"He's in the break room. You know how he is with crowds." Lilith said.

"Hey mom? I think Luz might be in trouble." Y/N said as he walked to Eda.

Lilith's eyes widened as she saw the kid from earlier. "Mom?" She asked surprised. Eda's face fell.

"Oh ya...after me and Ted left. We had a baby of our own." Eda said.

"Oh, hello. Your the Raven lady." Y/N said. Lilith was speechless.

"I had a nephew...and you never told me!" Lilith said. She immediately calmed down and looked at Y/N.

"Hello there. It's a pleasure to meet you. So your my nephew? What's your name?" Lilith asked him kindly.

"Umm...Y/N? Who are you?" Y/N asked.

"I'm your aunt, Lilith." Lilith said to him. Y/N's eyes widened.

"Your my aunt? I have an aunt? And a baby cousin?" Y/N said as he looked at Lilith and the baby.

"Yes. This is your baby cousin, Wilber." She said to him. Then Luz pops up between them.

"Eda, I need your help! I accidentally challenged Amity to a witch's duel, and I think she's going to kill me all the way dead!" Luz said as she slumps to the ground.

"Mmm, it seems your student has met my strongest protégé. And look at those ears!" Lilith said. Luz covers them, blushing. "Is she human? Where did you even find one of these? Okay, Edalyn."

Lilith traces a spell circle. Around the building, Eda's wanted posters burn.

"For one day, you won't have to hide from the law, because I want to see how good a teacher you really are." Lilith said as she walks away.

"Come on, kid. Time to prepare for bloodshed." Eda said

"But... whose blood?" Luz asked

"Anyone's guess!" Eda asked and chuckles.

Luz smiles nervously.

"I have an aunt?" Y/N asked.

Later

"All right, Luz. Let's start your training. Now, I'm coming at you with a blast of fire. What do you do?" Eda asked

Luz pulls her hood up and leans off of the box she was sitting on, landing on the floor in fetal position.

"Oh, that's right. I haven't taught you many spells, huh?"

Luz shakes her head.

"Boy, I hope you didn't make an everlasting oath to stop learning magic or anything. You'd be toast." Eda said

"She did." Y/N said as he was sitting and watching.

"Abomination. Rise." A voice said

Lilith and Amity are standing nearby. An abomination that comes up to Amity's shoulders rises from her spell circle on the ground with a groan. It twists its head off and throws it, hitting a bakers coven witch in the face. Tinella Nosa grabs his hand, chucks him, and then screams.

"Ooh, boy." Eda said

"I can't believe I'm gonna have to stop learning magic!" Luz cried.

"Listen to me, Luz. We are not gonna let those snobs win that easy! We are not gonna let them win at all. I've got an idea." Eda said.

"I'll take your place in the fight. Or you can use some of my enchanted objects. Anything. I wanna see that green haired rat burn." Y/N said.

"What did she ever do to you?" Luz asked

An hour later to the theater. Lilith and Amity are standing on the dais, while Eda, Y/N, and Luz are standing opposite them. Wilber was a safe distance from the fight.

"Beloved citizens, the Emperor's Coven proudly presents an impromptu demonstration of the sort of witch we seek every year. Introducing Amity Blight." Lilith said. The crowd cheers.

"Boo, Amity!" Y/N said.

"Versus..." Lilith began

Eda steps out of the way and proudly presents a very nervous Luz.

"...some human girl." Lilith said

The applause stops.

Willow and Gus shared a nervous look.

"Eda? What am I going to do?" Luz asked

"Calm down. You see those mounds? Get Amity to land on one of those and she'll set off my magic traps." Eda whispered to Luz.

"That's cheating!" Luz said

"Nobody will know. To all eyes up there it'll look like you're performing magic. Just trust me." Eda said

"But I will know in my heart! Even if I win now, I lose." Luz said

"It's not like you have much of a choice." Y/N said and patted her back.

A bell rings and screams. Luz, still nervous, and Amity, confident, approach each other as the audience cheers. Amity cracks her knuckles. Luz waves. Amity started tracing out a large spell circle.

"Abomination. Rise." Amity said

An abomination that towers over the two girls groans as it rises out of the spell circle. Luz whimpers.

"Whoa. Show me what you got, human!" Amity said.

"I'm not good under pressure!" Luz said and ran.

The abomination groans. It twists its head off and throws it at Luz. Its head just misses. Luz is backed against the wall by the advancing abomination, its head regrown. She sinks to the ground in fear, whimpering, and grows nervous when she realizes she's right in front of one of Eda's mounds. She braces as the abomination steps on it. The abomination looks down as a towering jet of fire erupts from the mound.

"How did you do that?" Amity asked in shock

"I, uh—Magic?" Luz said.

King scats as he enters the theater, piled high with hats, shirts, buttons, and scarfs.

"♪ Things that are free ♪ ♪ People are giving offerings to me! ♪" King sang as he reaches Willow and Gus. "I love offerings! What did I miss?"

"Luz is in a witch's duel!" Willow said.

"Yeah! And she can win it all! Yeah-yeah!" Gus said

"Weh?" King asked.

The steaming abomination steps onto another mound, this one producing a current of air strong enough to launch it and Amity into the air. She creams. The abomination grunts as it lands on its back. Amity lands, kneeling.

"I-I saw you that time! You didn't use your hands! What are you getting at?" Amity snapped angrily.

"Not dying!" Y/N shouted out.

The abomination sits up with a groan, then stomps toward Luz again. Luz screams and runs. Back at the stands, where King is carefully making his way down the rows. "This I gotta see!"

He ran, but gets caught on his scarf again and falls. He falling down, his "offerings" falling off as he goes.

"How are you doing that?" Amity asked angrily. Y/N saw the mound. He knew that she was going to hit it. He had to see this. He quickly cast a spell the temporary muted Luz

King screams as he falls flat on his back, directly on the mound. Spikes burst from the ground, forcing Luz and Amity back several steps.

"No!" Y/N said upset.

"Mmm? I'm okay!" King said. That part calmed Y/N

"Spikes?" Luz asked Eda. Eda gives her two thumbs up.

"I knew it! You were cheating!" Amity said

"Amity—No!" Luz said

Lilith touches the top of a shorter spike, making it crumble.

"Oh, Eda. I do believe this means you lose!" Lilith said. Eda groans.

"It wasn't my idea to cheat. And when I found out, I tried to stop it, but" Luz began.

"Who could believe anything you say?" Amity snapped. Y/N slid down to the field.

"I would believe her." Y/N said.

"What? D-do you even know her?" Amity snapped at Y/N.

"In all honesty, in the week I have known her, I would believe her. Luz is a kind-hearted, outgoing, eccentric, and exceedingly geeky girl, who possesses a strong love of fantasy and adventure. She is an extremely optimistic person who always attempts to see the best in others, even in a backstabbing, heartbreaking, emotion damaging wart like you! Unlike you, she cares about her friends! She shows them kindness and love. She is clever, creative, and a quick thinker. Luz is determined to be who she wants to be regardless of the opposition she receives. She's one of the coolest and kindest girls I've met. Unlike you! I'm your boyfriend for two years and look what you did in the end! You arrogant miss perfect! You only ever care about yourself, and your perfect status! So yes, I would believe her! And why shouldn't I? She is one of the best people I know! Unlike you you little, what's this?" Y/N confronted Amity. By the sound of his voice, it sounded like he'd been waiting to say that. Luz noticed that Amity looked hurt by his words. He looks and power glyph on the back of her neck, which he notices.

"Wait just a sec, Miss Protégé." Y/N said. Lilith's eyes widen as Y/N lifts Amity's hair.

"Hey! What are you." Amity said as Y/N rips the glyph off. The abomination shrinks until it's about the height of Amity's knee, though it crumbles completely when its head crushes it. Y/N holds the glyph up to the audience.

"A power glyph from the Construction Coven." Y/N announced.

"She cheated!" Willow said.

"Ah-ha! Yes, yes, yes-yes-yes! You cheated. Little miss perfect, prissy Amity cheated. Hot dang, I love day!" Y/N cheered and did a happy dance.

"🎶You cheated! You cheated! You cheated! You cheated! You cheated, all the wee long day!🎶" Y/N said in a sing song voice.

"I only did that because I knew she would cheat!" Lilith said and pointed to Eda.

"Still cheated! Welcome down to my level!" Eda said. Amity was rubbing the back of her neck.

"But... I didn't know!" Amity said. She sees Luz approaching and runs off.

"Amity, wait!" Luz said as was about to follow her. Y/N still did his happy dance.

"Luz! Y/N! Help me!" King begged. The two stopped what they were doing.

Luz grunts as she frees King, ripping the shirts in the process.

"My offerings!" King whined.

Luz pats King's head. "You'll get more offerings, King." She runs after Amity. Y/N followed.

Eda was dancing. Kind of.

"Knock it off. You're making a scene!" Lilith said.

"You cheated. Hey, where's the Rhyming Coven? What rhymes with "cheated"?" Eda asked.

"Stop acting like a child!" Lilith whined.

"You were defeated, don't get heated, get your stank face treated." Eda rhymed.

"Rhyme one more thing. I dare you!" Lilith said getting angry.

"Oh, it's okay, I'm done. Because my rhymes are depleted!" Eda messed with her sister.

"That's it!" Lilith said screaming.

Lilith summons her staff and hits Eda with a blast of energy, throwing her through her spikes and into the wall behind the dais. The audience gasps. Willow and Gus gasp. The cloud of Lilith's blue magic clears out. Eda, splayed against the wall, smirks.

"There she is!" Eda said

She summons her own staff and spins it in a circle only for it to fly out of her hand and clatter on the ground. She picks it back up with a roar and sends a burst of energy at Lilith. Lilith grunts and sends one back. Lilith's blue magic and Eda's orange magic are evenly matched. They explode in a white light.

At the entrance to the theater, Luz runs out of and looks around. Y/N followed.

"Y/N? Everything you said, did you really mean it?" Luz asked him with a blush. Y/N blushed softly and looked at her.

"So what if I did? So what?" Y/N said and crossed his arms.

"Nothing. It's just...I thought it was very sweet of you." Luz said as she looked away, blushing and smiling.

She sees Amity sulking in a dark corner next to the bathrooms.

"There's Amity. I'm going to talk to her. You can come if you want. Just please don't be so harsh. I don't know what she did to you. But you don't need to lash out at her." Luz said calmly.

"What?! But but...fine." Y/N said and crossed his arms.

"Amity... I'm sorry. Well, we're sorry." Luz said as they walked over.

"Ugh, seriously? Just leave me alone." Amity said upset. Y/N shrugged his shoulders and would have left if Luz hadn't grabbed his shirt.

"I didn't mean to embarrass you." Luz said.

"And I'm sure Y/N didn't mean half those hurtful things." She added

"That's all you ever do! First at school, and now this!" Amity snapped, upset.

"In Luz's defense." Y/N said.

"You made me look like a fool in front of the Emperor's Coven. My future! You think it's so easy to be a witch. I have been working my whole life to get to the top! You lost! You cheated! Say it! Say you're not a witch!" Amity said upset.

"We didn't make you look like a fool...nature beat us to it." Y/N said. Luz looked at him. "It's almost all out of my system." Y/N said and put his hands up.

Luz looks at the ground. "I'm not a witch."

She kneels down, pulling out a notepad and pencil. Amity looked confused as she kneels down with her. Y/N kneeled down. Luz slowly draws out the light glyph, then taps it. She gently cups the ball of light produced, smiling at it. She holds it up to Amity.

"But I'm training hard to be one." She said.

Amity stares at the light in awe.

Back to Eda and Lilith's duel, where Lilith is spinning her staff. When Eda's attack stops, she pushes her hand forward, her spell circle turning into a burst of magic. Eda takes a few steps back, spinning and drawing a spell circle on the ground. She lifts her hand, creating a growing pillar of wood that splits Lilith's attack. The pillar bends, its owl face hooting lowly. Lilith stares at it, then teleports away from its approaching beak. Stray magic enters the audience. They scream and flee. Two new owl faces extend from the large pillar. Eda draws four more spell circles on the opposite side. Lilith easily teleports away from all of their beaks, destroying one on the ground, then three in the air with a grunt. Eda smirks and spins her staff, creating an orange shield as Lilith hits it with magic and her staff. The shield cracks, but Eda's expression doesn't change. Owlbert's eyes glow. He flies into Lilith's face, interrupting her attack. He hoots and pulls her hair.

"Ow, ow, ow-ow-ow. Ow-ow-ow-ow-ow!" Lilith said.

"Say goodnight, sister." Eda said.

She spins her staff and smacks the butt of it into the wooden pillar. A large owl's face forms right next to Lilith, and with a hoot, it captures her in its beak. All falls silent. Owlbert lands back on Eda's staff. She smiles at him, then looks concerned when she sees the flaming hole in the new owl tube's side. Lilith appears directly behind her.

"Enough of this." Lilith said

Eda gasps. She is thrown into the wall with a scream, leaving a crater. Lilith smirks and spins her staff.

"Lily, wait. The curse." Eda said.

Lilith stops spinning her staff, the gathering magic at her palisman disappearing.

"Look at me. Look at my face. The curse is worsening and I can't keep up with it. I don't know how much time I have left. I don't know what'll happen to Y/N. He's young. He still needs his mom in his life." Eda said.

Lilith approaches Eda. "I'll admit I was surprised when I first saw you today."

"I just had to see my sister for...possibly the last time. Have my son meet his aunt and gradian. And meet my new nephew." Eda said

"Eda, I.." Lilith began. She screams as a bag of Hex Mix is thrown in her face. She stares at it as it hits the ground. Lilith growls.

Eda was running for the exit. "It's been fun, but let's call it a draw!"

Lilith: Argh!

Back to Luz and Amity.

Amity turns away. "That's nothing. A child could do a light spell."

Luz's expression falls. She extinguishes the ball of light and turns away, scooping up her notepad. Y/N patted her shoulder.

"But... I've never seen it cast like that." Amity said.

"It doesn't come naturally to me like it does for you, so I've had to improvise. Y/N has helped me a bit." Luz nods to the notepad.

Amity sighs. She traces out a spell circle and drags Luz's hand into it. Their hands glow briefly, and the circle disappears.

"The oath is unbound." She let's Luz go and stands.

"Did it work? Can I still learn magic?" Luz asked.

"God I hope so." Y/N said.

"Humans have no magical ability. But I doubt that'll stop you." Amity said.

"Y/N...it was good seeing you again." Amity said. Amity leaves. Luz stands, watching her.

"Wish I could say the same thing." Y/N said. Luz sat on his lap and looked at him.

"Seriously. You've got to tell me what happened between the two of you!" Luz begged. Then King arrived.

"Y/N! Luz! You left me!" He said

"Yeah, sorry. Your legs are just so tiny. Should we get you more offerings?" Luz asked him.

"I know a good watch maker here." Y/N said:

"Nah. That stuff just weighed me down. But I have something for you, Luz. And it's the best thing, because it's free, comes from my heart, and I always have more than I need."

"Is it love?" Luz gasped.

Ugh! No! Tote bags!" King said and them on Luz's arm and hops in it as she stands. "And they have so many uses! Away, fair chariot! Away!" He said.

Y/N laughed and Luz pats his head as Eda arrives.

"We gotta go." Eda said.

"How'd you get away from Lilith?" Y/N asked

"Let's just say she had a real "snack attack." Hah!Wait, I got a better one." Eda said.

"Mom?" Y/N began. Eda stops and looks back at her.

"Do you think Luz ever be a true witch?" Y/N asked

"What? I don't know. And who's a true witch? These suckers? According to them, that means being in a coven, but I never joined one and I'm better than all of them combined. You gotta be your own witch." Eda said.

"My own witch." Luz said

"Now, let's go before my sister realizes I tied her pointy shoes together." Eda said

Lilith screams could be heard.

"And that's our cue!" Eda said.

"Sister? Now that's a mysterious past payoff!" Luz said.

"Oh, you think that's all the mystery I got? Wait until you hear about my parents." Eda said

"What? You've got parents? I need to know more!" Luz said in excitement.

"You very much don't!" King replied.

As they walked, Eda looked at Y/N.

"Don't think I didn't notice you defending Luz." Eda told him with a grin.

"It meant nothing!" Y/N panicked.

"Sure sounded like it meant something." Luz said playfully.

Y/N used his magic to pull their hoods over their faces.

In a dressing room. Lilith entered pushing the baby stroller, and tripping over her tied laces.

"You make it so hard to want to help you, Edalyn." Lilith mumbled. Lilith looked over and saw David fast asleep on the couch. He had fallen asleep reading Frog and Toad. Lilith smiled and placed a blanket over him and kissed his cheek.

The compact mirror on the counter opens, showing off the insignia of the Emperor's Coven. Lilith gasps.

"Lilith, I see you let The Owl Lady get the best of your temper. Just remember what Emperor Belos has promised to you." Kikimora said.

"I will capture her, ma'am. You have my word." Lilith said.

"Very good. And if you fail, we'll waste no time sending the Tin hunter, in your place." Kikimora fades from the mirror, allowing Lilith's reflection to appear.

"Your days are numbered, Edalyn." Lilith said. She was sidetracked when she heard her baby screaming and crying and went to comfort him.

What do you think happened between Y/N and Amity?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 159 24
Camila Noceda marries a mysterious man and gives birth to the next generation of a legendary bloodlines, who's sworn duty was to protect humanity fro...
937 14 19
Luz is a self-assured teenage human girl and the last remaining member of the Shirai Ryu named Scorpion, who accidentally stumbles upon a portal to t...
5K 149 19
the classic owl house story with a twist Eda Clawthorne the most powerful witch in the boiling isle's is married.....to a now former assassin
8.1K 361 33
Luz along with her best friend Ava, adventure the world of magic and meet a witch named Eda and a little demon named King. Ava is a little special...