ยนREDEMPTION โฅ klaus mikaelson

By Anna6307

๐‘๐ž๐๐ž๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง - BOOK 1 in the ๐˜™๐˜š๐˜œ ๐˜œ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ. ๐Ÿ“ผ๏ฟฝ... More

โฅintroduction
โฅgraphic gallery
โฅpart i
โฅcast
o
i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
xxi
xxii
xxiii
xxiv
xxv
xxvi
xxvii
xxviii
xxix
xxx
xxxi
xxxii
xxxiii
xxxiv
xxxv
xxxvi
xxxvii
xxxviii
xxxix
xl
xli
xlii
xliii
xliv
xlv
xlvi
xlvii
xlviii
xlix
l
li
lii
liii
liv
โฅpart ii
โฅcast
lv
lvi
lvii
lviii
lix
lx
lxi
lxii
lxiii
lxiv
lxv
lxvi
lxvii
lxviii
lxix
lxxi
lxxii
lxxiii
lxxiv
lxxv
lxxvi
lxxvii
lxxviii
lxxix
lxxx
lxxxi
lxxxii
BOOK 2

lxx

592 34 43
By Anna6307

CHAPTER LXX

What do you mean by Davina's gone?

Lucy was certainly not thrilled to find herself in an unrecognised bedroom when she woke the next morning and her eyes fell onto the house helper arranging her clothes into the cupboard.

She exited the room, still yawning and groggy from the sleep, before her lips morphed into a frown on seeing several unrecognised faces lurking across what she recognised to be the Compound.

Her brows furrowed in confusion as the few who happened to cross her, shuffled awkwardly out of her way before she could even ask any of them to move aside. Weird?

Lucy tried to spot any recognisable face as she neared the end of the corridor she was traversing through before suddenly the whole house began to shake with tremors.

"What the hell?" Lucy muttered to no one in particular as she grabbed onto the railings for balance, her eyes snapping to the corridor opposite to hers as she spotted Klaus and Marcel rushing out of room, the clatter of falling objects reaching her ears.

"What the hell is going on?" Rebekah yelled as all the vampires looked up from their works in the compound in panic.

"Exactly my question." Lucy added, flinching as suddenly a large portrait hanging by the wall fell, nearly missing her shoulder.

"You should have stayed in your room." Klaus suddenly appeared by her side, concern etched onto his face as his eyes scanned her body for any potential injuries.

Lucy made a face to herself, stopping herself from rolling her eyes. "Why? Feeling like keeping me chained now?"

Klaus shook his head to himself, blowing out a sigh of exasperation.

"What a mess, honestly." Lucy casted the crowd downstairs a wry glance, surprised to spot Hayley and even Vaishali among them as soon a very confused Camille joined them.

"The whole quarter's shaking." Camille commented.

"I'm invested in personal stuff for two days, and mother nature starts raining hellfire on the city. How outrageous." Lucy said dramatically.

"Come on." Klaus gestured to the nearest room. "We'll talk."

"About?"

"The outrageousness of mother nature." he stated flatly, and proceeded to give the other Mikaelsons and the two wolves a look which indicated his wish for them to join.

"Cami will come, though." Lucy crossed her arms, gesturing for Cami to head upstairs.

"Fine with me."

◇◇◆◇◆◇◇

"So you're saying that in the span of just two days Davina runs away from here and then is back courtesy of your diabolical minds, and now she's throwing up dirt and bringing forth earthquakes. Sounds great." Lucy pursed her lips, glancing at the personnels gathered in the room, before adding. "And for the record, I just woke up."

"She has too much power that she cannot control. That much we already knew. But why is it manifesting itself in such an aggressive manner?" Elijah posed the ultimate question before realisation dawned onto him.

"Where are you going?" Klaus stopped the older Mikaelson midway out of his way out.

"This is witch business." Elijah spoke up, a slight smirk appearing onto his face. "Let's ask a witch."

"And I don't feel offended at all." Lucy murmured dryly.

Hayley looked at them awkwardly before she too hurried out of the room after the Original.

"And. . . why would she run out after him like that?" Lucy asked, confusion filled in her voice.

"No idea." Vaishali shrugged with a forced purse of her lips. "They're kinda friends now, I guess. Elijah's been teaching her how to be a vampire, now that she's a vampire too."

"I want to see Davina." Cami spoke up, "Where is she?"

"Allow me." Marcel offered after sharing an understanding look with Niklaus.

"Are you okay?" Rebekah asked, casting a curious glance to Vaishali who was tapping her foot onto the floor in anxiousness, her eyes flickering to the door constantly.

"Uh, nothing." Vaishali snapped out of it, fixing her posture.

"Doesn't look like it." Rebekah pressed on as Lucy and Niklaus watched the show unfold with extreme curiosity.

"Hayley did some stupid shit." Vaishali winced to herself. "And I guess Elijah's gonna be pretty angry at her."

"What did she do?" Niklaus piqued up, narrowing his eyes.

Vaishali's eyes widened as if just realising that he was in the room too, before she cleared her throat, managing her voice, "Nothing that I'm aware of. But maybe I'll let you know. Excuse me."

And then she awkwardly left the room.

Rebekah casted the pair one last glance, and departed, looking quite unpleased for some unknown reason.

Lucy shrugged to herself at everyone's weird and novel behaviour before rising from her chair.

"How did you sleep?" Niklaus asked even before she could take a single step ahead (or possibly begin on her plan of exiting the room).

"Fine." she replied shortly, sauntering to the small bar and beginning nursing a drink.

"You're drinking?"

"Quite a judgemental tone I hear." she casted him a look. "It's not healthy, I'm aware."

A knock interrupted them as Nikalus swallowed whatever words he was beginning to formulate.

"Oh, Cami." Lucy passed the blonde a smile. "How is Davina?"

"Not too good." she sighed, looking around the room. "Would you like to begin?"

"Yeah." Lucy nodded quietly before holding out the drink to her. "Whiskey?"

Niklaus got up respectfully, on his way out before Lucy called out after him. "Please don't be listening in this time, Klaus."

He flushed in embarrassment, mumbling a quick 'sorry' before shuffling out as Cami pursed her lips awkwardly.

"I've come to realise one thing." Lucy began once the door was shut close. "That I mustn't kill this child."

"That sounds like improvement."

"But," Lucy paused, "you can't expect me to instantly fall in love with it."

"Don't love her yet." Cami said understandingly. "Just don't hate her. You'll start loving her at one point or the other. It's your child."

"How can you be so sure? That I'll love it one day or the other?"

"The moment when after hours of struggling and pain, you'll have this tiny life in your hands, everything will feel worth it."

"What if I hate it for all that struggle and pain?"

"You won't." Cami insisted. "Trust me."

"I don't know." Lucy sighed. "It's not Brie. And for so long, I've loved her for I believed her to be Brie. And now it just feels like a disappointment. A reality check of her death."

"Maybe all you need is closure." Cami suggested. "You're constantly reminded of Brie. You're still clung to the past. You need some closure to move on."

"That's the problem." Lucy's jaw clenched. "I don't wish to move on. I don't wish to make her just the past."

"Look, I can't say anything about the pain of losing a child, but I can relate to the pain of losing someone you love more than yourself, that too so tragically." Cami began hesitantly. "I lost my twin brother, Sean. He went. . . crazy, and killed nine of other seminary students like him before killing himself. For so long, I've been looking for the tiniest bit of closure. Anything that finally gives an answer to my mad search. It was the whole reason I came into this city. Until. . ."

"Until? Did you find out what actually happened?"

"Yes. Yesterday only, actually. And my uncle always knew." she let out a humourless laugh. "And he never told me the truth. He let me drive myself insane with the quest of truth because I couldn't ever believe that my brother could do anything like that. I was right. The witches hexed him."

"I'm sorry." Lucy offered her a placating smile. "On behalf of whichever witch bitch that was."

"Agnes. Her name."

"Woah." Lucy chuckled, miming the motion of slitting the neck. "I already killed her."

Cami laughed awkwardly, obviously uncomfortable with the idea of killing, and she cleared her throat to ease back into the conversation. "Davina removed all my compulsion. I know all about this world. The Mikaelsons, vampires. Everything."

"And you're still here." Lucy said with a jokingly amused smile. "You were here yesterday too."

"I couldn't deny." she sighed. "Klaus truly looked like he needed my help. He cares so much about you."

"I wish this care extended to each and every situation despite his lack of control on his anger." Lucy sighed with a far away look in her eye, before snapping back to the conversation, "Well, we were talking about closure, right? I must say all your talking has stirred up a lot of thoughts in my mind as well. . . So, yeah, closure."

"Yeah, so, the whole conclusion, I guess, is that I think you need that closure."

"I do know what actually happened to her and why. But your theory of a closure did reignite an old quest in me." Lucy let out a laugh, and Cami frowned at the path her words were taking.

"I was quite obsessed with attaining this 'closure' you speak of, until I believed I had Brie back, but now that I know she is not actually back," Lucy took a pause, "I do need to complete a quest I had set on a while ago. I do not know how it will make me love this baby more, but I do know that I will be satiated enough to know that I've brought my daughter peace. Thank you, Cami, honestly, this session has been very illuminating. Thank you."

"But what quest are we talking about?" Camille asked hesitantly.

"Revenge, of course."

◇◇◆◇◆◇◇

Lucy's look for the chapter ≈

"Well, this looks like dangerous territory." Lucy joked lightly with a strained smile etched onto her face, as she took in the clatter and shards of glass and ceramics littering the Young Witch's room.

"They want to complete the Harvest." Rebekah told Davina as she took a seat next to the struggling witch.

"No!" Davina cried, shaking her head rapidly.

"The witches say you'll be resurrected." Rebekah emphasised.

"They're liars!" Davina shook her head as tears streamed down her face. "They'll say anything to get what they want. Just like Marcel, just like you."

"Easy, Little Witch." Lucy traversed her way to Davina's side, passing her a comforting smile. "I will feel real sad if you die before me. I'm the older one, remember?"

Davina managed a weak chuckle but was coughing up in pain by the end of it.

"Davina, you may think that I don't care about you, but you're wrong." Rebekah looked at her, her eyes softening. "I know what it's like to have your life stripped away from you because of other people's bad decisions. How do you think I became a vampire?"

"I honestly don't hold any trust in these New Orleans Witches," Lucy began, meeting the young witch's eyes, "but seeing your condition, I'll have to say, they're not lying today. Earth, Air, Water, Fire. You were throwing up dirt, and causing earthquakes in the whole quarter. And then there were the strong winds. Soon the rainfall will begin. Sophie explained all of the symptoms you're showing. I'm sorry, but I don't think they're lying this time."

"Yes, Davina. They're not lying this time." Rebekah added, before bringing forth a syringe as the said girl's eyes widened in fear. "The more upset you become, the more you'll deteriorate. I compelled up some sedative."

"No, no, no!" Davina cried out, jerking away from Rebekah as a vase smashed in the background, the mud it contained spilling onto the cream coloured rug.

"We're sorry, Davina." Lucy smiled at her weakly, giving a light squeeze to her hand as the sedative was injected into her system and soon her protest died down.

◇◇◆◇◆◇◇

"What do you mean by Davina's gone?" Lucy's voice rang out in worry as she entered the study having overheard the conversation Rebekah was having with Elijah over the phone, while Niklaus stood by, his arms crossed.

"He's taken the girl." Rebekah gritted her teeth, answering both Elijah and Lucy. "Bloody, Marcel."

"And you wanted to run-off and start a life with this backstabber." Niklaus tsked snidely, passing Rebekah a pointed look.

Lucy internally winced by the further meaning that this line could hold, and of which Klaus remains painfully unaware.

"Says the man who was shacking up with him not two seconds before all this went down." Rebekah retorted.

Lucy suppressed a sigh. "We ought to look for them. Divide and conquer. Scour the whole city. If he's even here."

Rebekah hummed in response, nodding as Elijah spoke up something on the call.

"I'll talk to the priest, they might even be at the church. It's the last place we'd think to look for them." Niklaus suggested.

"Elijah's getting a locator spell in action." Rebekah told them, pocketing her phone. "You two check the church. I'll scour the city."

"Okay."  Lucy nodded as the blonde sped out.

Niklaus casted her a hesitant glance, clearly walking on the eggshells around her.

Lucy rolled her eyes in annoyance but didn't say anything on the matter. "Have you seen V or Hayley?"

"Downstairs, probably."

"Alright." she nodded making her way towards the exit before Niklaus' hesitant voice stopped her halfway.

"Um, Lucy?"

"Yeah." she responded without turning back to look at him.

"I'm sorry."

A singular pause. "For what?"

"For everything."

"And everything includes?" Lucy turned to look him in the face this time.

"For locking you in the room like that." he began, sighing quietly. "For—"

"—I'll go find V." Lucy interjected, her face impassive before she turned and left.

Word Count : 2249

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 2.9K 22
"she is alive but she isn't the same" in which the dead mikaelson comes back to life โ–ชโ–ชโ–ช the vampire diaries - au [slow updates] started - March 14...
51.1K 1.8K 69
"My love, you are mistaken," she said, slowly walking towards Klaus, a sinister smile visible on her lips, "I promise, I won't paint this town red." ...
225K 7K 38
Despite knowing what she was in for, she made a choice to help the Crescent Wolf Pack, believing that it could bring the prosperity and peace they'd...
254K 6.8K 53
"I'm done ignoring how I feel about you.". "And what is that?" "I love you." --- Book 1 TVD seasons 2-4 Finished Jan. 2023 Disclaimer I don't own The...