BEAUTIFUL CRIMES ▹ Mama!Nat

נכתב על ידי rcmanova-

𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐒 a simple story where natasha romanoff takes on a mission that hits a little ... עוד

𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐒
ONE. in which we meet the newest villain
TWO. in which the black dahlia is caught
THREE. in which the black dahlia escapes
FOUR. in which an olive branch is extended
FIVE. in which the heroes are on the defense
SEVEN. in which the white flag is raised
EIGHT. in which reinforcements are called
NINE. in which freedom is near
TEN. in which the olive branch is accepted
ELEVEN. in which words are stronger than weapons
TWELVE. in which the breaking point is reached
THIRTEEN. in which the world is in danger
FOURTEEN. in which international travel is free (almost)
FIFTEEN. in which snitches DON'T end up in ditches
SIXTEEN. in which the mind is the strongest muscle
SEVENTEEN. in which the path is shrouded in darkness
EIGHTEEN. in which something healthy happens
NINETEEN. in which there's pride and prey
TWENTY. in which they are irresponsible (again)

SIX. in which tensions are high

246 9 6
נכתב על ידי rcmanova-

[ BEAUTIFUL CRIMES ]
chapter six; in which tensions are high

I'm tired of my agents being burned
by the verbal fire that is spewing from this girl's mouth.

OUT OF ALL THE THINGS THAT HAVE HAPPENED, ADELINA WOULDN'T HAVE PUT THIS ON HER BINGO CARD.

The next day had arrived. She hadn't slept all night. She picks up the second sandwich. At some point, another agent had slipped it past the electronic wall. Now, two saran-wrapped sandwiches sit on a plate, untouched, uneaten. She considers it for a moment. She can feel her stomach wanting to eat itself.

Still, she sets the food down. Adelina paces around the cell mindlessly. After all, there's nothing else to do.

Escape. Dreykov needs you. You're in trouble. There's no trouble. The food is poisoned. It's good for you. Dreykov is angry. He needs me home. Home is Russia. Home is the Red Room. No. There's no home for you. There's no place in the world for you. There's no place in the world for me.

The thoughts continue to rattle around in the back of her head as two more people approach her cell. One is a tall, platinum blonde boy. He looks nervous and excited at the same time. The girl beside him looks just looks nervous. Her long, brown hair is pulled up in a ponytail as she anxiously looks to the boy. "We shouldn't be here." The brunette girl mutters. "This isn't our sanction."

"Please, Wanda, we'll be ok. Don't be so uptight!" He assures her before looking to Adelina. "We heard the Black Dahlia was captured a few days ago. The public doesn't know about it yet, but I wanted to see if it was real." He rambles. He looks like he's meeting an urban legend. Adelina is secretly pleased that she has entirety of New York as anxious as the girl in front of her.

Adelina doesn't answer the boy, only analyzing the two in front of her. She gathers that they're siblings who are her age. They speak in accented English, just like her. She supposes they're from Sokovia. The only question is their prescence. They're children, and they're not Widows. Why are they at SHIELD?

"Why did you do it?" The boy continues. "The crimes, I mean. Why did you kill all of those people?"

"Pietro, stop toying with her!" The girl, Wanda, slaps her brother on the arm lightly. "We shouldn't be here, take us home!"

"I'm a curious person, Wanda!" He doesn't take his excited gaze off of Adelina. "Seriously, what made you want to do it-"

"Pietro!" Wanda hisses before looking to the prisoner. "I'm sorry, he's really weird and into crime podca- why am I apologizing to a killer?"

"Because you want to talk to her as much as I do. Now shush and let her answer the question." The boy looks to the Asian girl, awaiting her response. Adelina almost answers honestly, but quickly remembers that there are cameras everywhere. These could be little agents testing her. So, she lies.

"Because I wanted to." She tells him before letting her gaze fall onto the nervous Wanda. "You don't have to be scared, Wanda. I have no intention of killing you..." She lets the anxious silence marinate for a moment. "...yet."

Adelina watches the color drain from Wanda's already pale face. "Aw, c'mon! She's not gonna kill you, she's in the fence!" Pietro shakes his head. Adelina can tell that she shook him up too. She holds back a smile.

She also can't help but notice the faint red glow that occupies Wanda's forest green eyes.

"Well, Pietro," Her head cocks to the side. "Fences are capable of breaking. Do you know what else is capable of breaking?"

"What?" He swallows.

She lets a sinister smile pull at her lips,

"Skulls." She whispers into the tense air.

Now, it's obvious that both siblings are scared shitless. They leave just as quickly as they arrived. Adelina smirks as they scramble to leave.

She's alone again. No stimulation, no comfort, and she drove away the conversation. So, she begins to braid. She braids repeatedly, each plait more complicated than the last. It's muscle memory for her. She can't even see what they look like; she doesn't need to. Adelina knows they look like the embodiment of perfection. If she were in the Red Room, she'd be executed if they weren't.

She's braiding mindlessly when Natasha approaches her. She's in the middle of the last half of her second French braid when Natasha's voice pulls her from her trance. "Let us help." It's almost a demand.

Adelina continues to braid, but looks to the angry redhead. Her cheeks have a light splash of pink on them, and she carries anger on her person. It dawns on Adelina that it must've been hours since she last talked to the siblings. She has no idea. She ignores this and focuses on the redhead before her.

"Look," Natasha's trying — and failing — to compose herself. Failing is a relative term; to the naked eye, she's as calm as she can be. But to Adelina's trained eye, Natasha is struggling. "I know you're angry. I know how you feel. But you are pushing and hurting all of these people, and this can't keep going on. You've insulted Hill, me, Fury, the twins- you are above this! I mean- you're too smart to resort to this kind of behavior! You know it. I know it. Adelina, your window is closing, and it's closing fast. You're about to be handed to the government, the U.S government, and it's not looking good for you!"

Adelina lets her finish her little rampage. "You and I both know I've been through worse, Natalia." There's a pang of sadness in her voice that makes Natasha sympathize with her. She's fully aware that Adelina can handle a government. She just doesn't want her to do it at all, especially alone.

"I really hope you answer us straightforwardly soon." She says quietly, honestly. Natasha walks away before Adelina can get another word out. The girl sits there for a moment, pondering over everything, before returning to the braids.

⧗ ⧗

They sit in front of Fury's desk, awaiting his final verdict. They all hope that Fury is patient, that he'll give Adelina another chance. They know that his patience is running thin, however. This is the time to start praying to whatever God is up there.

"I'm tired," He begins slowly. "Of my agents being burned by the verbal fire that is spewing from this girl's mouth. Romanoff, before you say anything, I know. I know she's hurting, I know she's a victim, I've heard it all. And I do feel for her, I really do. But people are getting hurt, and not just her. If we keep her here, she could seriously injure us all. And of course, there's still the possibility that this is planned, that Dreykov is sitting behind her eyes and taking it all in. I'm sorry. I am. I understa-"

"No." Natasha shoots up from her seat, placing all of the attention on her. She usually doesn't like being in the spotlight; she'd rather be the power supply. But that doesn't matter right now. The only thing she cares about now is Adelina. "No, you don't understand. Sir, with all due respect, you're looking out for your agents. That's your job. But that girl in that cell is not a ruthless killer, she's not some spy! She is a pained teenage girl who is carrying the world on her shoulders, and I want to take off some of the weight!"

"Romanoff-"

"Let us help her." It's so close to a demand. "Let us take the weight off her damn shoulders, like you did for me. You were so much more understanding when Barton took me in like the stray I was. You trained me and deprogrammed me and gave me a chance. What's the difference between me and her?"

"The difference is that, I hate to admit it, but Valieva is worlds stronger than you!" He's trying not to yell, but all efforts are about to be futile if Natasha doesn't sit down. "It's not your fault, the Red Room must've used a stronger serum or whatever they did to the poor girls! If we let her go where the civilians are, more people will die. More parents, more siblings, hell, more pets may die at her hands. Is that a risk we want to take, Romanoff?"

"Yes!" She takes in a deep breath before continuing. "Yes, it is! If we take her in, take off some of the pain, we can stop those kills before they even happen! Would you rather have a little girl executed for crimes she was forced to commit or help her, and in return, help the lives of hundreds of thousands of people?"

Fury stops. Natasha does too. They seem to be at a standstill. Steve, Clint, and Maria can only watch as Natasha and Fury stare at each other intently.

"Romanoff, if I have reports of this little girl trying to retraumatize my agents-"

"Then I'll get her out of your-" She almost says 'hair,' but stops when she sees Fury's unamused look. "...Triskelion."

"You better fix this somehow, Romanoff." His eye narrows. "Dismissed."

{ AUTHOR'S NOTE }

Mean Adelina >>>

- V

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

15.2K 381 41
Natasha thinks she's lost all her hope. Alone in the red room she feels like a no one, like no one needs her. That's until she meets a little girl...
99.7K 1.7K 61
• CURRENTLY EDITING THIS STORY TO MAKE IT A BIT BETTER IG • ~ Follow our favourite Russian spy's story on how she decided to make a huge decision tha...
23.1K 606 23
You were in Hydra along with your sister, Wanda. But she managed to escape with the help of the Avengers during her mission, leaving you alone. What...
5.3K 85 21
for all of her life, natalia alianovna romanova 'natasha romanoff' has had nothing, and no one. all shes ever known is death. what started out as a s...