I Promise You (Book 2) *ON HO...

By ArrowSage

Sequel to 'I Will Find You!' Rain's story continues with the group as more threats are thrown their way. Eac... More

Introduction
S6 - Chapter One: A Year Without Rain
S6 - Chapter Two: WOMAN Hunt
S6 - Chapter Three: SheWolf
S6 - Chapter Four: Home Sweet Home
S6 - Chapter Five: Ambush
S6 - Chapter Six: A Shadow On The Heart
S6 - Chapter Seven: You're Not Here
S6 - Chapter Eight: Just Chaotic
S6 - Chapter Nine: Touch And Go
S6 - Chapter Ten: One Good Thing
S6 - Chapter Eleven: New Beginning
S6 - Chapter Twelve: That Night And The Morning After
S6 - Chapter Thirteen: More Than A Feeling
S6 - Chapter Fourteen: Possible Silver Lining
Author's Note: NOT AN UPDATE!!
S6 - Chapter Fifteen: The Living Side
S6 - Chapter Sixteen: The Next Step
S6 - Chapter Seventeen - Four Walls And A Roof
S6 - Chapter Nineteen - Last Night On Earth
S7 - Chapter Twenty - The Day Will Come When You Won't Be
S7 - Chapter Twenty One - Adjusting
S7 - Chapter Twenty Three - Little Pigs
S7 - Chapter Twenty Four - Say What
Story Time
S7 - Chapter Twenty Five - You're Not Welcomed Here
S7 - Chapter Twenty Six - What If?
S7 - Chapter Twenty Seven - Gaining Allies

S6 - Chapter Eighteen - The Day Before

58 0 0
By ArrowSage

"It's her, isn't it?"

"Maybe you should to sit down"

My head pounded against my skull as the natural light shined through the bedroom windows. I squinted slightly and groaned as I sat up then I noticed the weight on my legs so I looked down at Glenn as I tucked the sheets under my arms.

My husband was laying across the bed with the duvet only covering his area that shouldn't be seen which brought to my attention that he were naked.

A breeze from the open window made me shiver and I came to notice that I were naked too so I took a look around the room. The dresser on the side of the room had been knocked, judging by the items that were now on the floor along with our clothes, that were making a path from the door to the bed.

And then the images from last night came rolling in, Glenn and I had left the party a lot drunker than we planned. We laughed a little too hard when we closed the front door a little too loud then Glenn chased me up the stairs and when he finally caught me, he kissed me. We were a mess against the walls of the hallways until we finally found our bedroom door. Glenn opened it with one hand while he were making marks on my chest and then we were finally in the room, he closed the door then the clothes started to come off. Glenn picked me up and my legs went around his waist as he pushed me against the dresser which caused it to rock and the items to fall.

He then carried me to the bed and gently laid me down and hovered over me. The two of us only in our underwear as he stared into my eyes.

"Are you sure you are okay with this?" He asked softly and I nodded my head with a smile.
"Yes, Glenn. I'm okay" I assured him before kissing him again then rolled the two of us over so I were on top and you can imagine what happened after that.

"Glenn" I called nudging him with my hand but he didn't move and my legs felt numb so he must of been laying on them all night, "Glenn!" I called again a little bit louder this time and gave him a slap.

"I'm up" He said quickly sitting up and I groaned as I moved my legs to get some feeling back into them.
"Hey, pipe down" I said placing a hand to my head and he dropped his own before groaning in pain.
"I'm never drinking again" He muttered to himself.
"You shouldn't have drank so much" I stated swinging my legs off the bed then I just sat there.

Regretting staying to do shots with my brothers. I'm surprised at how much alcohol this place has considering, well, this is the damn apocalypse.

The bed moved and then Glenn came into view as he walked to the bathroom, giving me a good view of everything, "Nice ass" I commented with a smirk.
"Right on" Glenn replied with his fist in the air before he closed the bathroom door and I scoffed.

I sighed as I laid back down on the bed and just stared up at the ceiling, a smile spread across my face before it slowly turned into a blush. For the first time in a long time, Glenn and I finally made love.

It might seem a little weird to others to be celebrating such a thing but for us is a big step, well, it is for me. I'm finally able to wash all those touches off me and start again, allowing Glenn's touch to heal those scars. It's a new start for the two of us.

"Are you going to lie here all day?" Glenn asked and I looked to my husband standing above me, now freshly showered and fully clothed.
"I mean, I could but I'm recovering" I replied and he started smirking, "Not from you, from the drinks. Although, you lying on my legs didn't help" I added and his smug look dropped.
"Sorry about that" He replied and I smiled at him.
"It's all good" I replied as he laid down beside me.

"I could get used to this" Glenn said and I smiled.
"You should because we did it, in more terms than one" I said chuckling and he chuckled with me.
"Well, let's not waste it" Glenn said sitting up and I sat up, holding the duvet close to my chest.
"Okay then, I'll shower and I'll meet you downstairs" I said standing up but couldn't walk any further because Glenn were sitting on the duvet.

"What?" He asked innocently when I stood there staring at him so I tugged on the duvet.
"I can't move" I told him and he smirked.
"I'm okay with that" He replied and I rolled my eyes.
"Glenn" I said and he still didn't move so I gently shoved him then pulled the duvet out, "I'll see you downstairs" I added running into the bathroom.

Once I were showered and dressed, I towel dried my hair then brushed it before giving it that cute messy hair look. I put my strap around my waist then checked my gun before putting it into the holster. I feel naked without my weapons but walking around with heavy gear might be unsettling so I only carry one gun and have a switchblade in each of my boots.

Speaking of which, I can not find. I looked down at my socked feet then took a look around the room before leaving the room, on hunt for my boots.

I stopped after coming down the first staircase when a wave of dizziness hit me and I closed my eyes as it passed before shaking my head slowly, "Maybe you had just a little to much last night" I told myself before making my way to the stairs.

"Babe, Where are my boots?" I asked coming down the stairs but came to a stop at the bottom because there were people looking at me, "Good morning" I said coming down last two steps.

"You seem to be glowing" Chase said and I frowned at him, confused on what he means.
"What?" I asked and he chuckled amused.
"I mean, you would be glowing after las-" Chase started but were quickly cut off.
"Baby" Glenn said high pitched, making me jump as he came running into the room with my boots in his hands, "I found your boots" He stated holding them up and I frowned, nodding my head.

"Uh Thank you" I replied taking them from him before sitting on the stairs to put my boots on.
"Alright, Rain" Rick said coming over to me and I looked up at him as I tied my laces.
"Yeah?" I asked and he placed his hands on his hips.
"I need you to get you and your brothers back on armoury duty because I need you to take lead on the runs again" Rick explained and I nodded.
"Yeah, I can do that" I replied placing a switchblade in each boot before standing up.

"Good. Alright, team" Rick announced turning to the group, "We are going to need to take over this place but we going have to do it slowly" Rick added and the team nodded to agree with him.

"I've got Deanna to trust me so I can convince her that her choices are the right ones" Maggie said from where she stood by the fireplace.
"So, we going to gaslight these people?" I asked scoffing in slight disbelief.

"These people don't know what they are doing" Carl inputted and I looked at him surprised.
"He's right" Max added and I looked at him, "It will be in their best interest for us to be in charge here" He added and I slowly nodded my head.
"I agree but we do this discreetly, I don't want to turn the only safe place my brothers has ever known, against us" I said turning to Rick and he nodded.

"I hear you" He assured me and then we shared a nod before he turned back to the group, "Alright, let's get to our jobs" He added scoffing at the word "jobs" and I chuckled softly to myself.
"I'll do what you've asked but I'm not bringing my brothers" I said and Max stepped forwards.

"What?" He asked frowning confused.
"You're not going to work with me" I clarified but he still looked at me confused.
"You, my darling brothers, are going to school" I said and he looked as if I just kicked his puppy.
"What? Why?" He asked and I sighed.

"Because we have it good here and if we succeed in what we are doing then we will have it amazing here so you are going to be a normal kid and go to school, hang out with kids your age" I said and he scoffed.
"This is bullshit" He muttered and I raised an eyebrow at him, silently challenging him.

"I'm sorry, What was that?" I asked and he looked at me before shaking his head.
"Nothing" He replied and I kissed my teeth.
"That's what I thought" I replied then took a look around, "Where's your brothers?" I asked.
"Miles is in the bathtub and Mason is in the back yard" Max replied and I sighed.
"Okay, you go get Miles and I'll get Mason" I said and he nodded before walking towards the stairs and I walked to the back door.

Mason was lying on the grass, still asleep and I quickly slid open the door before running out then dropped to my knees beside my brother, "Mason" I called shaking him a little and he startled awake.

"Where am I?" He asked and I sighed.
"You're safe" I assured him as he sat up, "What are you doing out here?" I asked him and he took a look around then frowned.
"What am I doing out here?" He asked me.
"I don't know, kiddo. What do you remember?" I asked and he squinted his eyes like he were in pain.

"We came home and were getting something to eat when I needed to take a piss and so I came out here" He explained and I rolled my eyes.
"It's the next morning, Maze" I said standing up and he groaned as he picked himself up.
"I guessed that" He shot back and I rolled my eyes again before walking off inside and Mason stumbled in behind me, with a hand to his head.

The living room was now empty and the only ones left were Na-ru and Judith as the little one played in the corner while Na-ru stood by the window.

Miles were sitting on the sofa, looking just as bad as Mason and I looked back at my oldest boy then shook my head, "You two need to take a cold shower" I said then headed for the front door.
"Oh and by the way, boys. We're not going to work like the others" Max said and I stopped in my tracks.

"What?" Mason and Miles asked at the same time and I turned around to them all looking at me.
"We will talk about this when I get back" I told them and Max scoffed, rolling his eyes.
"What is he talking about?" Miles asked me.
"Look, I have a reason for the things I do so we will talk about it when I get home" I replied and Na-Ru  stepped forward, "No, you don't get a say" I said pointing at her and she nodded.
"Okay" She replied stepping back and I sighed.

"I'm going to go and find Justice" Max said walking to the front door and I frowned.
"Justice?" I asked and he stopped before sighing.
"Jellybean. Don't tell her I told you because she will kill me" He added before leaving the house.

"M, What does he mean?" Mason asked leaning against the kitchen doorframe.
"Just get yourself sober, both of you" I said pointing at my brothers before leaving the house myself.

I made my way to Deanna's house and stood on her porch waiting for the door to open. Then, it opened and out stepped Tobias and Reggie, "Hello, Rain" Reggie greeted and I smiled at him.
"Hello, sir. Is Deanna in?" I asked and he smiled.
"Please call me Reggie and yes, she's inside. Go on inside" He replied and I nodded at him.
"Thank you" I replied before stepping into the house and then closed the door behind me.

I slowly approached the living room where Deanna were sitting and Maggie were sitting in an armchair opposite and I frowned, "Hello, Rain" Deanna greeted and I turned my attention to her.
"Hello" I greeted with a smile and she returned it before standing up then invited me to sit.
"What can I do you for?" She asked and I took a deep breath as I turned to face her.

"I'm not good with small talk so I'm just going to come and say it" I said and she nodded, "I would like my job back please" I added and Deanna didn't seem surprised as she turned to look at Maggie.
"I guess, you have something to say about this" Deanna said and I looked at Maggie too.
"She's our best. She knows every weapon inside and out and knows how to use them well" Maggie said and I smiled, nodding at her in thanks.
"I see. How do I know I can trust you?" She asked looking back at me and I shrugged at her.

"You don't" I said and she looked at me skeptical, "But you don't really have that luxury nowadays and yes, I made a mistake before but you have to understand where we're all coming from here" I explained and Deanna sighed before nodding.
"I can't begin to understand but I can see that your people are good for this town so I will allow it. But this job is only for you this time" She explained and I nodded my head to agree with her.

"And I fully agree. I'm going to put my brothers into school, I want them to have a normal life here but it's too late for me" I replied and she sighed in awe.
"Okay then" She said standing up and I did too, "Get the keys from Aaron" She added and I nodded.
"Thank you" I said holding my hand out and she smiled before shaking it, "I'll do my best" I added and she patted my hand in a comforting way.
"I don't doubt that" She said letting go off my hand then I nodded to Maggie before leaving the house.

I sighed in relief as I made my way down the steps then started making my way towards Aaron's house when Max came running towards me.

"Justice is gone! Justice is gone!" He were yelling frantically as he bolted towards me so I put my hands out to stop him from tumbling over.
"Whoa, Slow down" I said tapping the air as I grabbed his shoulder and he were breathing heavily.
"Justice is gone" He repeated and I frowned.
"What do you mean gone?" I asked and he held up a piece of paper and I frowned as I took it from him.

(A/N: I apologise for the blurriness)

"She left?" I asked and he nodded his head.
"But why? Why would she leave?" He asked running his fingers through his hair, stressed.
"Hey, We will find her, okay?" I assured him and he looked at me before nodding.
"Can we go now?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, we go the others then we will all go out and look for her" I replied and he shook his head.
"No, they will just wait and I don't want to wait" He replied and I frowned at him.
"I wasn't talking about the group. I was talking about Mason and Miles" I said and he nodded his head.
"Yeah okay" He replied and I nodded slowly before placing a hand on his shoulder then turned him around before we walked back to the house.

Max sat on the front steps while I went inside the house, "Mason! Miles!" I called out for the boys.
"Why are you yelling?" Miles asked making me jump and I turned to the two of them, sitting on the couch.

"Come on, we gotta go" I said pointing behind me and Miles scoffed at me.
"Oh so now you want us to work?" Mason asked and I rolled my eyes before sighing.
"Jellybean is missing" I said and the two of them sat up quickly before looking at me.
"What?" They both asked at the same time.
"Yeah, she took off" I said holding up the letter and the two stood up before Mason walked over to me.

Mason and Miles quickly read the letter before looking at one another, "What does this mean?" Miles asked and I shrugged my shoulders.
"Come on, Max is outside" I said walking out with the boys behind me and Max stood up.
"Don't worry, Max. We'll find her" Miles assured his twin and Max nodded before we headed to the main gate before I came to a stop.

"You going to need weapons" I said and all three boys pulled a gun from behind them.
"We don't ever not have a weapon on us" Mason replied putting his gun back into his waistband.
"Alright, let's go" I said heading to the wall, instead of the main gate, "We will be seen if we go out the front" I added as I started to climb the support beam using the pegs to step on, climbing it like a ladder.

I waited on the other side, keeping watch as my brothers climbed over one by one, "Okay, she couldn't have gone far" Mason said as Miles jumped down, behind he last of us to climb over.
"I know where she would go" Max said walking off and I looked at the boys before shrugging.
"Let's just try to stick together" I said and the boys nodded before we all followed after Max.

Max took us through the woods and were running through the trees with no care in the world as the three of us ran behind him to make sure he doesn't get eaten by the things he has forgotten to look out for, "Max!" I called in harsh whisper when he went off running again but thankfully, Miles caught up to him and grabbed the back of his shirt. Max got yanked back violently, almost falling to the floor but Miles managed to keep him on his feet.

"Let go off me!" Max said shoving his twin back.
"Look, I get you want to find Jellybean but you can't if you get yourself killed" Miles reasoned and Max turned away, wiping his hand down his face.
"I know you care for her too, Miles" Max said and Miles tensed a little as Max turned to him with tears in his eyes and Miles slowly nodded his head.
"I do care about her" Miles stated and Max nodded.

"I know it's more than that" Max said and Miles took a deep breath before sighing, nodding his head,
"Yes" Miles replied looking guilty for admitting it.
"I know you love her" Max stated and Miles held his breath as Max walked closer to him, "But I'm in love with her. I need to find her because I don't know what I will do if I don't" Max added and Miles nodded his head before he grabbed Max's shoulder.

"I understand that but brother, you have to prepare yourself for the worst" Miles told his twin and Max bit his lip, "Because she didn't say why she left so there must be a reason that she couldn't tell you about" He added and Max slowly nodded his head.

"I'm scared" Max replied his bottom lip quivering and Miles nodded before pulling him in for a hug.
"It's okay. Whatever happens, we will deal with it together" Miles assured him and Max nodded against his shoulder before he pulled away.
"I don't think I will be able to do it if we find her and she's-" Max started but couldn't finish.

"I'm going to be there every step of the way, we have been together from the beginning literally and although those 12 minutes was the best time of my life, I'm glad you pulled through" Miles said and Max chuckled softly before slowly nodding his head.

"So, huh Max, where are you taking us?" Mason asked carefully and Max wiped his eyes.
"Justice and I would come out to this place by the river whenever we wanted to get away" Max said and I smiled in awe at that before Max walked off again.
"I really pray that this works out" Mason said and I looked at him before nodding my head.
"So do I" I replied as we both followed the twins.

We eventually made it to the river and I sighed in content at the noise of water running across the bed, it sounded peaceful and it made me see why the young lovebirds would come out here.

"Justice!" Max yelled and I smiled in relief as I ran forwards but my face dropped when I saw Jellybean, she looked a little dirtier than usual and she were swaying as she stood still with her back to us.
"No, wait!" I called running in front of Max and held my arm out to stop him and he looked at me.

"What are you doing?!" Max asked-yelling confused and Miles came up on the other side of him.
"Max" Miles said carefully and Max looked at him, "I don't think that's Jellybean anymore" Miles said and I could see his own heart breaking through his eyes.

"What?" Max asked looking at his girlfriend, "No" He said in disbelief and I frowned when Jellybean didn't move so I carefully walked towards her.
"Rain" Mason called worriedly and I put my hand out to him, quietly assuring him that I'm okay.
"She would of heard us by now" I stated taking carefully steps towards her.
"Does that mean she's alive?" Max asked hopefully and I gave him the sorrow look.
"Do you hear that?" I asked frowning when I heard music and the boys frowned at me as they tried to listen too but they probably can't hear it from there.

"Rain, what's going on?" Max asked and I stepped to the side again, getting a clear view of the walker.
"Oh my-" I gasped and looked over at the boys, avoiding Max's eyes and he shook his head at me.
"It's her, isn't it?" Max asked and I didn't say anything as tears filled my eyes but that was enough to send Max falling to the ground as he sobbed.

"She's tied herself up" I stated noticing the piece of ripped fabric tied to the log on the floor. She had earphones in which is where the music were coming from and she had a piece of ripped fabric tied around her mouth, "She's-" I started but got cut off when Walker jellybean turned to me.

Her skin were slightly grey but not too much which means she has only just turned. Her eyes weren't the usual blue colour and my heart just dropped.

"I can't" I said shaking my head as I stepped away and then I turned my back to her.
"Rain" Mason said stepping towards me as I looked at him with glassy eyes.
"I just can't, Maze" I said turning back around and Miles stepped forwards, leaving Max on the ground.
"I'll do it" He volunteered getting his knife out and Mason grabbed his arm.
"I can do it" Mason said and Miles shook his head.
"I need to do it for Max" Miles stated then looked at his older brother, "I need to do it for me" He added and Mason let go of his arm.

Miles walked up behind Jellybean then wrapped his arms around her shoulder and Jellybean trashed about, trying to bite him as Miles pulled her back into his chest before he lifted his knife in the air, "Justice "Jellybean" Morris, I give you mercy" He said and I closed my eyes, flinching at the sound of the knife going through her skull.

I opened my eyes and watched as Miles slowly lowered her to the ground then once he had laid her down, he fell down beside her. Tears streaming down his cheeks and I looked up at the sky to stop myself from crying anymore but it wasn't working.

"Justice!" Max screamed as he crawled over to her and I watched as Max untied her hands then took the cloth out of her mouth before he gently picked her up then held her close to his chest, "I'm so sorry, baby" Max whispered and even Mason had to turn away to stop himself from crying.

"What happened?" Max asked looking at me and I shook my head when my eyes landed on her arm.
"At the hideout" I stated upon realisation, "She said she got hurt but she said that she was fine" I added pointing to my own arm to show what I meant.

Max gently peeled back the sleeve to reveal what was not a slice from a knife, like she had said it was, but instead it was a bite from a walker. I bit my lip as I swallowed hard, "She said she was fine" I repeated, my voice cracking and Max slowly nodded his head.
"It's okay, it sounds like something she would do because she didn't want to be a burden" Max replied before he looked down at Jellybean, "You were never a burden, baby" He said then frowned before he took an earbud out of her ear then put it into his own.

Then, he just started to cry harder.

"She's listening to our song!" He cried out and my heart broke as I slowly approached them then kneeled down behind him before placing a hand on his shoulder as he gripped onto her for dear life.

"Why did she tie herself up like that?" Mason asked and I sighed as I looked at Max.
"She probably did that because she knew that Max would come looking for her and she didn't want to hurt him" I explained and Max cried even harder, "I'm so sorry, little brother" I added squeezing his shoulder tightly as he rocked with Jellybean.

She swung her axe onto her shoulder, "So, who are you here for?" She asked with a smirk and I frowned, carefully eyeing the girl before I took a step forwards.

"It depends, Are you here to join us or stop us?" I asked stepping in front of everyone, "Because I don't think this would be a fair fight so I'll just take you on by myself" I added.

"I like your bravery and probably stupidity because not everyone will be weaker than you" She stated and I raised an eyebrow, "I, on the other hand, am so I won't challenge you" She said before she leaned into whisper.

"So, who are we going for?" She asked like it were a secret and I pulled my machete off my back, which made her back up pretty quick.
"The one who touched me without consent" I muttered angrily and her eyes widened.

"Well, say no more! I'll follow you" She replied.
"But we're strangers?" I questioned confused.
"But we are also women. If you touch one of us then you touch all of us and you better pray that you can run fast with your legs crossed" She said with determination and I nodded then looked back at Maggie who nodded too.

"Just so you know I will not hesitate to kill you if you ever try something on us" I warned her.

"I wasn't expecting it any other way" She said then turned away a little, "Follow me, I take you around back where they go" She added then ran across the road into the dark.

Max brought me back to reality when he pulled on my arm and buried his face into my chest, "What am
I going to do?" He asked me and I was stumped as I looked at Mason who patted the air at me before he kneeled down in front of Max.

"Now, I know these words will sound harsher than I mean them but trust me you need to hear them, You get up and you accept it. You make the next step because you have to. You remember her, not how
You found her but the way she was. The memories, the good and the bad" Mason said and Max looked at him, "You move forwards but you don't move on because this new world will keep taking from you and you don't have the luxury to hide yourself away" Mason carried on and Max sat up before nodding, "Don't do what I did and shut yourself away" He added then he paused as Max took his words in, "And one more thing, anger doesn't solve anything" He said and I sighed, knowing those words came from his own experience of losing the one he loves.

"Okay" Max replied nodding his head as he looked down at the ground and Mason nodded slowly.
"Okay, good. So, Max, what is the next step?" Mason asked and Max swallowed hard, looking at Mason.

"She wanted a hunter funeral" Max said and Mason nodded before looking at me, "Her favourite tv show is Supernatural" He told me and I nodded my head.
"It was a good show" I replied and he nodded.
"I never really liked it but she would try to convince me why it was such an amazing show" He said smiling and I smiled with him.

"Well, she was right. The show is pretty awesome" I said and he chuckled softly to himself, "Alright, let's give her one hell of a hunter's funeral" I said before slowly moving away from Max who remained on the ground, "Miles" I said and he looked up at me, like I had just brought him back from a deep thought.

"Yeah, I'm going to help" Miles said picking himself up off the ground then the three of us got to work on building a Pyre. It has to be big and strong enough to hold a body so we were using any large loose logs that we could find and building it up like a fort.

A/N: Pyre is just a pile of logs to lay a body on. Image of one is posted above.

Once we were finished, I brushed off my hands then the three of us turned to Max who were straightening out Jellybean's clothes. Then, he arranged her hair before removing the mini iPod from her pocket and placed it into his own.

"We're ready, Max" Miles said a little crack in his voice and Max nodded before he placed one hand under Jellybean's neck and the other under her legs.

He struggled to pick her up but refused us when we offered to help then we all helped put her onto the pyre and Mason took out a flask then sprinkle it over Jellybean before he took a drink from it. Each of us doing the same thing, Max being the last one before Mason handed Max a book of matches.

"I'm going to miss you so much" He said and we all stood with tears in our eyes for our fallen friend, "I love you, Justice" He said finally before he lit the book of matches then threw them onto her body.

We all stood in silence as it went up in flames and I tried to ignore the smell of burning flesh as Max put the earbuds in and were listening to their song.

"My name is Rain, by the way" I said as my brothers came to stand on the other side of me.
"I'm Jellybean" The girl replied and I smiled.

"What kind of name is that?" Mason asked frowning and the girl gave him her bitch face.

"It's not my real name, Stupid" She replied before being the first one to move from the line as she took out a man, double the size of her.

"Damn" Miles muttered amazed and I chuckled before I ran forwards, slicing at a man myself.

Max walked away first and so we took that as our cue to leave also. Officially saying goodbye to Jellybean.

We all walked in silence and we didn't even bother with the walkers as they followed behind us but they were at a safe distance away so they weren't a worry.

Jellybean's death hitting each of differently. Mason weren't close with her but he felt the pain for his brothers. Jellybean and I drifted apart a little after the prison had fell but she were still my friend. I regret not rekindling with her after the prison and that will be something that I will have to live with.

However, her death hit the twins the hardest. Two brothers fell for the same girl and although Miles loved her, he allowed Max to have her. Yes, he did try to make a pass at her but he regretted that and he spared himself thin to make up for that. The twins have shared everything their entire lives and that doesn't change now because right now, they were both sharing the same grief. The same pain.

We eventually arrived back at the Alexandria and this time Max walked right up to the gate, he were no longer crying but his face were still stained with tears and he were still listening to the same song over and over again. His face held no emotion and he didn't even look at anyone as Spencer opened the gate and I waved my hand at him when he went to say something as we made our way back to the house. Nothing but silence surrounding us.

Once we got home, Max and Miles went straight upstairs and Mason went off into back yard and I sighed as I closed the door behind me, "Where were you guys?" Rick asked walking towards me and I looked at him before slowly shaking my head.

"Uh, Jellybean, She ran away so we went to go find us but it turns out, the reason she had run away was because she had got bit so we just come back from burying her" I explained softly as I didn't trust my voice to go any louder and Rick sighed in awe.

"I'm sorry to hear that" He said dropping his head and I nodded mine before biting my lip.
"I just don't know what to do. It's different when it's my own grief but this has wrecked the twins" I stated and he placed a hand on my shoulder, getting me to look at him and he gave me his doe eyes.

"They will get through this, Rain. It will take some time but they will" He said and I looked over his shoulder trying not to cry again, "And you want to know how I know that?" He asked and I looked at him before nodding my head, "Because they were raised by the strongest person I know" He added and that was it, the walls that I spent the entire walk home, building up just came crumbling back down again as I wrapped my arms around Rick's torso.

Rick shushed me gently as he softly stroked my hair as he wrapped his arms around me, "It's okay" He assured me while I was a mess on his shoulder.
"I don't know if that's true anymore" I cried and he pulled away, placing a hand on my shoulder.
"Hey, it's only true if you make it true" He said and I swallowed hard as he gently wiped my tears away.
"Thank you, Rick" I replied before hugging him again but pulled away shortly after then chuckled embarrassed as I wiped at my face a little rough.

"You've got this because you've had it all along" He said and I slowly nodded my head at him.
"Okay, enough with the chick-flick moment" I replied and he chuckled half-heartedly and I cleared my throat, "Do you know where Glenn is?" I asked and Rick sighed, placing his hand on his hips.

"Jellybean is not the only one we lost today" Rick told me and my heart dropped, "Daryl was out on a run earlier today with Denise and Tara but Denise was killed so Daryl left an hour ago to find the person who did it so Rosita, Michonne and Glenn went after him" He explained and I shook my head.

"You know for once, maybe we can go one day without something happening or someone dying" I said walking off into the kitchen and Rick followed then all of the sudden, the room started to spin.

I stumbled a little as I fell against the fridge, "Rain, Are you okay?" Rick asked concerned.
"Yeah, I'm okay. I've been feeling a little off all day but I think with everything going on, I guess that's understandable" I replied and Rick looked at me unsure, "I promise you I'm fine" I assured him standing up before going into the fridge and grabbed myself a bottle of water before closing it.

"I don't feel comfortable leaving you alone after that" Rick replied and I shook my head at him.
"I'll be fine. You go do your duties besides Mason is right outside" I said and he still looked unsure as he stood in the doorway of the kitchen, "Rick, if you don't leave this house, I'm going to shoot you" I threatened emptily and he quickly backed up with his hands in surrender. Clearly mocking me.

"Alright, I'm going" He replied then stopped before he shook his head at me, chuckling amused then he walked away and I heard the front door open and close before the house fell into silence again.

I stared at the wall as I drank my water while my vision blurred but I didn't dare to move in fear that I might passed out so I stayed still as it passed. Then, I quickly downed the water and jumped when I noticed Mason standing by the back door staring at me with his arms crossed against his chest and my hands went to my own chest.

"Make some noise" I told him patting my chest as I blew out some air and he frowned.
"I called your name twice" He stated and this time it was my turn to frown.
"You did?" I asked and he nodded his head.
"Yes and I also noticed that you were swaying a little there too" He stated and I shook my head.
"No, I'm fine" I tried to assure him and he hummed like he knew that I was lying.
"Yeah, sure you are" He said sarcastically, thinking out loud before he rolled his eyes at me.

Thankfully, I was saved by the bell or more so a knock at the front door so I left the kitchen and answered the door to Maggie standing on the porch.

"Maggie, the door is always open for you" I told her and she chuckled softly, dropping her head briefly.
"Yeah, I guess, it's just politer to knock considering I don't live here anymore" She replied and I scoffed before moving aside for her to come in.
"It's been awhile. How have you been?" I asked closing the door and she turned to face me.

"Well, I'm doing okay considering" She replied and then she sighed in awe, "Rick told me about Jellybean, I'm sorry" She apologised and I smiled sadly at her as I nodded my head slowly.
"I hate to say that it's affected the twins more considering Jellybean was suppose to be my friend but I guess I wasn't much of one to her in the end" I replied and Maggie placed a hand on my arm.

"You were a good friend to her, just like you have been to the rest of us. She felt how much you cared about her and she understands your feelings" Maggie assured me and I nodded my head.
"I know but it just seems that we are losing more than we are gaining lately" I stated and she sighed.
"I hear you on that part" She said and I nodded.

"So, would you like a drink or something to eat?" I asked and she chuckled before shaking her head.
"I'm fine, thank you. I do need to ask you a favour" She replied and I frowned.
"Sure anything" I promised and she pulled out a pair of scissors from her back pocket, holding them out to me, "What are these for?" I asked curiously.

"I want you to cut my hair" She said and I raised an eyebrow as I took the scissors from her.
"Are you sure?" I asked her and she nodded.
"I really need a change" She stated and I smiled before walking off into the kitchen.

"Well then please, follow me" I said playfully as I pulled a chair out from the dining table, "Please take a seat" I said suggesting to the chair putting on an act, pretending that I'm an hairdresser.
"Why thank you" Maggie replied taking a seat.
"Now, what can I do for you pretty lady?" I asked and she used her fingers to show me where she would like me to cut it to, "If only you are sure?" I asked and she nodded her head at me, "Okay" I added before going into the kitchen area.

I grabbed a towel that had been drying on the pantry door then came to over to Maggie and placed said towel over her shoulders, pulling her hair all out and back then used my fingers to comb through it, "Are you sure you will be okay to do that?" Mason asked from where he sat at the dining table, playing solitaire with some cards.

"I used to cut yours and the twins hair all the time. I can do this" I replied and he chuckled.
"That's not what I meant" He shot back and I glared at him as Maggie turned to look at me.
"What is he talking about?" She asked concerned.
"Nothing. It's just Mason trying to be funny" I replied giving him a warning look.
"Okay" Maggie replied turning back around and I got to work on cutting her hair, making it shorter inch by inch to ensure that it will be level.

It took me 20 minutes to finish cutting it but another 10 minutes for me to tidy it before I took the towel off her, "Go see if you like it" I said and she moved to the hallway, using the mirror on the wall to check out her new look and then she turned to me with a smile as she ran her hands through her new hair.

"Thank you so much" She said looking at her reflection some more and she looked happy.
"I'm glad you like it. It suits you well" I replied taking the towel to the sink and shook the remaining hair into the bowl before washing it out.
"It looks good. I mean, less hair to pull but you look good" Mason commented and I dropped my hands onto the side of the sink as I looked at him.

"For that, you can sweep up the hair" I said and he looked at me like he was offended.
"What? I was just joking" He replied annoyed.
"But I wasn't" I shot back and he sighed before he dragged his ass up then walked to the cupboard in the hallway behind Maggie and grabbed the broom from it, "Honestly, do you think I did okay on it?" I asked Maggie unsure and she nodded her head as Mason moved to sweep up the hair.
"I'm absolutely in love with it" She replied happily and I nodded my head as I placed the towel into the sink bowl then submerged it in water and dish soap.

Dizziness hit me harder than before and my vision started to blur and I fell against the sink, "Are you okay?" Maggie asked worried and I nodded my head.
"I think I might be more hangover than I thought" I replied not quite sure what was wrong now.
"Maybe you should sit down" Maggie suggested and I went to reply but instead, I felt myself falling.

Everything was fuzzy and I didn't feel right but I did feel myself hit the floor then darkness clouded my vision. I tried to stay awake but my head were hurting and the last thing I saw was Mason's blurry face as he kneeled down beside me and he were looking down at me in panic and then the last thing I heard was him calling my name before it went black.

Sheesh, So much has happened in just one day.

💜💜

Okay, that's it. One more chapter left.

I have to apologise for how long it took to finish this season but finally we made it to the end.

The next chapter will change everything so how do you think Rain is going to react to the new threat.

Again, I apologise for any mistakes this chapter may have. I do proof-read each chapter twice but there still might be some that I have missed.

Is there still people even reading? Is there anyone who would like me to continue?

Anyway, let me know what you think of this chapter.

Comment. Vote. Follow.

Thank you for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

347K 5.8K 48
"You're my everything Angela." Rick said planting a kiss on my forehead. Angela is all alone when the world goes to hell. She finds a group with a sh...
1M 26.1K 121
"You lose everyone, that's just the way it is now. Get used to it." The new world, where blood and dirt stained your body like it was your favourite...
18.2K 461 43
the dead rose-the world fell, but carsyn walsh rose higher. with her family at her side, she grew stronger, smarter, braver... what she didn't expect...
119K 1.8K 18
THIS IS A PART 2 TO MY DARYL FREAKING DIXON STORIES! THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THE READS, COMMENTS, AND VOTES! I LOVE YOU, MY CUPPYCAKES!! This book is ju...