LIGHTS OUT •F1•

Por Elle_Jay

where the daughter of Max Verstappen's engineer finds herself falling for the opposition...much to Max's dist... Más

•lights out•
•chapter one•
•chapter two•
•chapter three•
•chapter four•
•chapter five•
•chapter six•
•chapter seven•
•chapter eight•
•chapter nine•
•chapter ten•
•chapter eleven•
•chapter twelve•
•chapter thirteen•
•chapter fifteen•
•chapter sixteen•

•chapter fourteen•

1.1K 40 21
Por Elle_Jay

"It seems like you're a hit with Red Bull," Max smiled as he wandered outside the event with Indie who held her heels in her hand. "Remind me why you insist on supporting the enemy," He cooly winked before taking the heels from the girl.

Indie turned her head to the Dutchman who was now a lot taller compared to her than he had been for most of the evening. She wasn't sure she that she liked this new imbalance much preferring being able to look Max in the eyes.

Suddenly Indie dramatically swung around to face Darcy who was a few steps behind with skateboarder, and fellow Red Bull athlete Jagger Eaton. The blonde was confused, and quite clearly starting to feel the effect of the alcohol.

Darcy shrugged, "What?" She asked.

Indie swiped her glance between her friend and the annoying Driver on the her left. "Did you see Lewis at the event?"

Jagger let out a scoff as Darcy monotonously told Indie that Lewis was not at the event as he was a Mercedes Driver. "And you think I'm drunk, come on Ind, I just wanna see the ocean!" She laughed before looping her arm with Jagger and powering through the middle of Max and Indie.

Indie raised a brow. "And that's why I insist on supporting the enemy," She informed Max who couldn't help but smile at the girls dramatics. "Wherever Lewis goes so shall I!" Her voice was getting louder and louder. "He is my favourite person in the world,"

Max feigned insult and drew a finger to wipe away an imaginery tear from his blue eyes before wrapping an arm around Indie. "Ew, get off me," Indie shrieked but Max pretended not to hear and squeezed her tighter.

"You smell sooooooo good," Max remarked dramatically taking a sniff of Indie's sweet, floral fragrance that had followed her around the event all evening. "So yummy,"

Indie wondered how many drinks Max had had this evening as she had only seen him with one flute of champagne the entire evening. However his actions tonight were confusing. He had spent half of the event glued to Indie's side introducing her to key people in the business and press, and the other half telling people that she was dating George Russell.

Yet now Max was holding Indie's heels, she was wrapped up in his tuxedo jacket and the duo had escaped the event with Darcy and Jagger to have a midnight, moonlight walk on the beach. Although even Max knew that Darcy's plan was probably to go skinny dipping, he was content with swaying Indie's hand along the sand.

"It's my favourite perfume, I always wear it when I need a little 'boost'," Indie told Max who was watching her glossy lips move intently. She reached into the clutch bag, brought out an atomiser and passed it to Max.

It was a small pink leather cased bottle which Indie had decanted fragrance into from her main bottle in the hotel room. Max spritzed a couple of sprays onto the lapels of his jacket that was draped over Indie's shoulders. He wanted to remember this smell, but he didn't want Indie to know that.

He leant down to the jacket once the scent had sat for a moment. Max used Indie's waist to steady himself, although truth be told he just wished to get as close to her as he could. As Max took in the scent, Indie's eyes fluttered and she too took a deep breath.

"What is it?" Max asked as he titled his head up to look at Indie. She was very still but a small smile broke on her face.

Indie shook her head. "Nothing...oh, the perfume," She laughed but she knew that wasn't what Max had meant when he had asked that. "It's Tuberose Angelica by Jo Malone, I love it," Indie grinned.

And now Max loved it too.

"I always forget how much I hate sand," Indie joked as their feet met the Miami beach sand. "It gets everywhere, and it never feels nice," She laughed. "And also my dress is going to be ruined if it drags along it."

Max and Indie were at an impasse. Indie desperately wanted to walk along the beach, dip her feet into the water but she did not want her dress to get sandy. Max had decided that he didn't want this night to end so quickly. He liked spending time with Indie, especially Indie after a few drinks when he found the softer side to the sharp tongued brunette to make an appearance.

There was a nuance to Max and Indie but it was yet to be fully discovered. Something was definitely in the air between them but Indie was also set on George. She liked that he was sweet, caring and doted on her.

The Dutchman was well aware of the growing relationship between Indie and his competition but according to Darcy he shouldn't be. Indie never went for the sweet ones, she had always dated the reckless and the chaotic.

Suddenly Max began unbuttons his crisp white shirt, "Here, you can wear my shirt?" He suggested with a grin although Indie didn't look so sure.

Indie chewed her lip from side to side and sighed. "I don't know Max..." She hesitated and began to hoist the bottom of her dress up to her knees. The dress was heavy.

Max chuckled, "You do have underwear on right...because I mean that's basically a bikini, right?" He pondered. There was a cheekiness to his words which Indie caught on to and gently slapped his naked bicep.

"Yes I have underwear on, Max-A-Million," Indie sassed pulling out what she thought was his full first name however from the light smirk that left the Dutchman's lips it would appear that she was wrong.

"You mean, Max Emilian," He corrected the brunette before embracing her for a short second. "In-D-GOOOO," Max winked.

Indie rolled her eyes. "Basically I said the exact same thing," She said sticking her tongue out.

This was the side of Indie that Max liked to see. Lando had told him at the first race that Indie had a personality like no other but that it all depended on who you were. She was in that way, the ultimate Libra. Indie could switch up to fit into different scenarios and chat with different people.

Max furrowed his brow into a scowl, "Of course it is Princess, of course it is," There was his signature nickname for Indie making an appearance. "So do you want my shirt or not?" Max asked slightly inpatient.

Indie reached her hand out and took the shirt from Max. "Can you unzip me?" She asked turning her back to him and dropping his Tux jacket from her shoulders.

There was a pause. Indie heard Max inhale sharply before she felt his cold fingers brush her hair onto her shoulder and gently pull the zip down. With a mix of the crashing waves and the pulsating hearts, Max told Indie he was turning around.

"I'm surprised you didn't try to catch a peak," Indie smirked as she stepped out of the glittering gown and changed into the white shirt.

Max fumbled his words waiting for the right moment to turn around. He bent down, rolled the cuffs of his trousers up and neatly folded his socks into the his shoes placing them by the tux jacket Indie had placed down.

"You didn't invite me to..." Max said trailing off once he realised Indie was now covered up and wearing his shirt. There was something about a girl wearing his clothes that Max found incredibly attractive, and Indie wearing his shirt, well, that was mind-blowingly striking.

Indie had left about three or four buttons undone and the lace of her underwear was just peaking through in the softly moonlit glow. Max could just about make out the curves of her body that he craved to hold.

Max leant across to pick up her dress and make sure that it was wrapped in his tuxedo jacket to ensure it didn't get ruined, otherwise he might not ever hear the end of it.

"Thank you for your help tonight Max, I really appreciate it," Indie softly said as she stepped closer to the Dutchman. "I was surprised you would want to go to those efforts,"

"What do you mean?" Max asked as the screams of Darcy and Jagger could be heard amongst the splashing waves.

Indie shrugged. She didn't expect herself to need to explain to Max why it felt weird that he went out of his way to help her. Indie also wondered if he had an ulterior motive.

"I mean, you spent most of your night talking me up...those were some pretty big deals you introduced me to, and I'm like, well, just me," Indie chuckled with an insecure tone.

There was an innocence to Indie's words that Max had never heard. Innocent was not something Max had learnt to associate with the brunette, but in that moment, as the coastal breeze blew at her hair, and the moonlit enrapt her in it cocoon – Indie was pure. 

Max sighed. This moment was perfect, Indie was perfect – and Max wanted her. All of that back-and-forth banter was just a build up to something Max had known since the moment Indie Jay had walked into the Red Bull garage, spurting her mouth about how much she loved Mercedes.

However, Max was not about to let Indie know that. He also knew that she had been going on dates with George, and Max didn't want to get into a competition off of the track even if he would bet on himself to win.

No. Max was going to play the long game. He was going to be Indie's biggest fan, put her on a pedestal and let the world bask in her glory.

There was a spark in Indie's eye when Max was making her name known. It was a familiar look.  Max he the same glimmer in his eyes when he crossed the line in first place. A winning spark.

"I think the world needs to know about Indigo Sahara Jay, and I'm glad to be a small part of, what I know, will be an enormous success story," Max smiled tucking a strand of the brunettes hair behind her pearl adorned ear.

Indie reached her hand to Max's. Nobody but Lewis, Darcy and her father had ever had this sheer believe in Indie. People often wrote her off as a dreamer, an airhead but not Max, and Indie loved that.

"Now are we going to beat Jagger and Darcy at chicken, or?" Max winked as a competitive grin came over Indie. "Because you know I don't like to lose,"

•••

♥️ liked by maxverstappen, oliverjay and 78.1k other people

@darcme30: miami nights

tagged: indie_go1

________________________________

Indie_go1: you mean miami early hours of the morning?

💬darcme30: miami nights had a better ring to it 😉

💬indie_go1: I'm still finding sand everywhere 😅😞

💬darcme30: nobody told you to lay down on the sand...👀

________________________________

martmechanic: I just knew you two in Miami would be trouble...

💬indie_go1: I needed a reward for all my hard work🤔🫶🏻

💬martmechanic: you mean @maxverstappen hard work? I saw him swanning you around the event!

💬indie_go1: Dad?! He was not 'swanning' me anywhere

💬darcme30: DAMN Marty... I wish I didn't get so drunk so I could remember if this is true😅🤓

________________________________

danielricciardo: where was my invite?!

💬landonorris: I second this 😞☠️

💬darcem30: I don't recall you racing for Red Bull this season?

💬user1: Does Darcy know something we don't? She said THIS season!?👀

💬darcme30: I know nothing... I'm always the last people tell secrets because I can't keep them

________________________________

User2: is that Max in the picture? Was he hanging out with the girls?🥺🤯

💬user3: Jagger Eaton was there too!😏

💬user2: Weird because she's rumoured to be dating George...😳😤

💬darcme30: It was a Red Bull event 😊

________________________________

maxverstappen: 🎸🌙🌊🍸

💬indie_go1: 🫣

________________________________

•••

indie_go1 added a new photo to her story

'Cheer up Max you have your golden booties on... 😜'

Tagged: maxverstappen

•••

maxverstappen reposted kymilman post to his story

'indie you can just ask me for a Red Bull hat, I'll even sign it for you 😉'

tagged: indie_go1

•••

I AM SO SO SO SORRY FOR THE DELAYED UPDATE! MY LIFE HAS GOT SO BUSY RECENTLY & COUPLED WITH WRITERS BLOCK ==🤮

I HAVE ALSO BEEN FOCUSING SLIGHTLY MORE ON MY LEWIS HAMILTON STORY CHAMPION RECENTLY!

ANYWAY... I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER! MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE SOCIAL BOOK THAT THIS STORY LOSELY FOLLOWS CALLED LIGHTS OUT BY

xxxx

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

7.4K 89 9
𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐚 𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐀 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐨 𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐂𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐚'𝐬 𝐧𝐞�...
10.3K 135 29
A part 2 to Career Driven Woman
166K 4.2K 31
𝙉𝙤𝙫𝙖, 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙪𝙜𝙜𝙡𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨 𝙢𝙚𝙚𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙧. 𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙗�...
712K 12.3K 69
"Did I really have a one night stand with the Netflix girl?"