𝕬𝖓𝖙𝖎-𝕳𝖊𝖗𝖔 - [𝗦𝗽𝗲�...

By CELESTIELS

˖⋆࿐໋₊𝕬𝖓𝖙𝖎-𝕳𝖊𝖗𝖔 ANTI-HERO. (l.)midnights become my afternoons, when my... More

𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨. 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘱𝘩𝘪𝘤 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘸𝘤𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘪
𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘱𝘩𝘪𝘤 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘸𝘤𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘪𝘪
𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘵
𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐢.
  𝐨. 𝘫𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘨𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘰𝘯
  𝐢. 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦
  𝐢𝐢. 𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘨𝘦
  𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝘢𝘥𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘯 𝘣𝘢𝘭𝘦
  𝐢𝐯. 𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘨𝘦
  𝐯. 𝘬𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘰𝘮!

𝕬𝖓𝖙𝖎-𝕳𝖊𝖗𝖔

2.5K 122 222
By CELESTIELS

𝗔  𝗡  𝗧  𝗜  -  𝗛  𝗘  𝗥  𝗢

 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 more deceptive than an obvious fact. Nothing more deceiving than the apparent standing right before one's very eyes. Those plagued with all-seeing eyes and a sense of intellect beyond imagination could be ever so blind to most simplest of things. They could spot something petit within a person's arsenal; a false smile, a twitching finger, a thudding heartbeat... but they could stray away from emotion. They could miss sympathy within a gaze, they could bypass utter devotion and adoration...

 Because that was simply the way, wasn't it? Those with minds whirring like gears, churning out information like a pitiful computer... emotions were ill-advised, scarcely loved and sought after at all; for how could somebody so aware of the world, so aware of a humans actions and the smallest and vilest details hidden within them... how could somebody like that ever allow emotion to overrule and let them truly see the world and all of its miserable wonders?

 This was something Selena Hayes pondered often. While nursing the sugariest can of chilled tea, while reading a novel in seven minutes flat, while solving a case not even the best of the best could possibly untangle... that was all she thought of. How could she allow things to weasel through her thick skin?

 She had been taught from a young age that emotion was a catalyst for fear and terror and sadness... those were things she could not shoulder, those were feelings that simply didn't belong.

 Selena Hayes was a puzzle; broken pieces that seemed as though they could never slot together, as though they could never truly be solved and stored away in perfection. She looked closely at others, and yet the moment eyes fell upon her flesh, scouring for secrets and insight, well, she turned away and put on her mask made of stone-cold steel.

 Selena Hayes may have been a puzzle, but she was also a puzzle solver. Each case that landed upon her desk, be it stamped with the familiar seal of Scotland Yard, or marred with ink that read 'TOP SECRET', was nothing more than a page of sudoku, a board of chess pieces, a puzzle with a thousand pieces — something almost trivial.

 She may have wanted to help people and see that no other human being could ever feel the sorrow that hollowed out her insides... but Selena Hayes used them as a distraction, as a drug. They helped to blur the world around her, they helped to secure her within the delicacy of tunnel vision. All she would see were the red lines connecting victims, and crime scenes and blood and gore... until they were solved.

 Until she finished them off with a neat little bow.

 That was when the world would flood right back in, like a tidal wave only seeking to drag her to its depths and fill her lungs until she begged and pleaded for release. Selena did not breathe, she drowned. Every walking hour she swallowed mouthfuls of water tinged with the taste of blood, laden with the colour of crimson.

 Selena Hayes was haunted.

 There was nobody that could ever know such a truth more than Jason Gideon. The man that had become a mentor, a slice of solace and air amidst her crashing waves. He had once reached out a hand and pulled her back to land... He had waited as she gasped and swallowed, readjusting to the world that had consumed her whole, and then he had stayed.

 He had stayed when no other had dared to. He had kept her nose just above the water, never quite capable of keeping the tides from dragging her far, but always there when she managed to come paddling back.

 Jason Gideon had met Selena when she had been just fourteen years of age, and even then he had stared astounded by the knowledge she had spouted — of the way she had clicked her pink-polished fingers and the unsolved case right beneath his nose wrapped itself up like a present on Christmas morning.

 He had known then, that she was destined to be something, someone very special.

 Thus, when Jason Gideon's name brightened Selena's phone, she hadn't once hesitated to answer. A case. A puzzle. A chance to show Gideon everything she had learned and everything that she was truly capable of... little did Selena know that the team in which she'd be welcomed, would become so much more.

 The only question was, would such a team be able to save her from nightmares that disturbed her sleep like a demon in the night? Would the BAU's best and brightest ever be capable of saving someone from their buried past, or was Selena Hayes simply destined to crack the case and save herself all over again?

𝗙𝗟𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗡𝗖𝗘 𝗣𝗨𝗚𝗛 as 𝗦𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗡𝗔 𝗛𝗔𝗬𝗘𝗦

𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗪 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗬 𝗚𝗨𝗕𝗟𝗘𝗥 as 𝗦𝗣𝗘𝗡𝗖𝗘𝗥 𝗥𝗘𝗜𝗗

FEATURING...

sam claflin is matthew hayes
freddy carter is joey Myers
cadice accola is maddison hastings
hugh laurie is stephen hayes
alex kingston is vanya hayes

ooo.copyright !

 selena hayes and her original story belong to me, anything else mentioned belongs to their rightful owners. do not steal, copy or take 'inspiration' from the contents of this book. All Rights Reserved; the copyright holder reserves, or holds for its own use, all the rights provided by copyright law.

ooo.disclaimers !

 please understand that the characters included here may not have the same views or opinions as you; please respect them, and me regardless as some of the opinions my characters have may not be my own.

ooo.display & warnings !

 for best experience, please read this story with the second to smallest font, the font style georgia, and a black background.

 i think it's obvious to state that this story will contain MANY heavy themes, including but not limited to; sexual themes, blood, gore, death, sexual assault, torture, suicide, depression, anxiety and other potentially triggering themes. please read this story with caution, and if these themes are likely to cause you harm, please do not read this story.

ooo.dedications !

xonceuponatimex  newtaholic  hyvnology , and of course...

capmxrvel  - thank you to infinity for listening to my copious rants about spencer and selena and for forever proofreading and helping me with their story. i adore u.

ooo.   tags !

dehishouse garciasglrl cordensangels28__ stardusksx slutriots multii_fandxm oscarsisaac -clockworkangels -_-bananamilk-_- 

━━━━━━━

DATE: 03/07/2023

:・゚★ well, what do we think? i am SO excited!

I wanna let you all know now that Selena is, in fact, autistic and for this story and this oc, i will be pulling from my own experiences with my own autism to write her. so please treat her (and me) with respect, and treat her experiences with respect too. she may become cold, she may stop talking at inopportune times, and she might become overwhelmed by things you find simple; but that's just how things can sometimes be.

OH AND, i've published a graphic shop and lotto (golden); so if there's anything you want, or you want to take a gamble, please go and request! <3

please don't forget to comment and follow - any 'UpdAte!1' comments will lead to being muted and updates will only come if people interact!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 3.4K 19
you and spencer have known each other since your were both genius' in high school together. you loved each other's smarts and personality. you start...
126K 3.9K 43
❝ 𝐧𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐝𝐨, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 �...
213K 5.2K 38
She's worked with two notorious killers for years, but now she's in an interrogation room while the team at the BAU try to grill information out of h...
74.2K 1.3K 30
Y/n's trauma leads to her fallout and Spencer's relapse. After an altercation at work Y/n decides to disappear, leaving Spencer alone. After years of...