I'm not a hero

By GAMERWHITEDEVIL

By JustBored21 James and Lily have been put into a coma, Adrian Potter is the boy-who-lived, Dumbledore raise... More

Everything going to plan
2
Flying lessons and duel with Draco
The man
proxies, punching Malfoy and two girls
Meeting parents, misinterpretation
Troll
Fight and Quidditch
Cloak, battle of minds, yellow eyes
Chapter 10
End of first year
Start of second year
Lockhart, Quidditch and the cat
Duelling club, Polyjuice
first meetings, telling Daphne, Ginny
Lockhart, end of second year
Snuffles, three-way fight
Boggart, reveal
Interrogation, Kreatcher
21
Family time, brother talk
23
Start of fourth year, goblet of fire,
25
Fights, Yule ball, flying
27:Second task, family day, third task
Fight, transformation
A few reveals, order meetings
30
31-FLASHBACK

Train, training and Buckbeak

2.8K 65 22
By GAMERWHITEDEVIL

Adrian Potter was sitting in his train compartment with Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger and some other bloke who had fallen asleep for some reason. Hermione had read the guy's suitcase and pointed out that his name was Remus Lupin. Once he was sure that the bloke had fallen asleep, he began telling Ron and Hermione what he had learned this summer.

"So Sirius Black is after you?" Ron blurted out in surprise

"Yes Ron…I did just say that" Adrian replied "anyway, that's apparently why they've set up the dementors around the school"

"I can't believe they did that" Hermione said "I mean dementors around a school, that's just asking for disaster."

"I know, but Fudge wouldn't listen to Dumbledore" Adrian shook his head in annoyance "I have no idea what the idiot was thinking. Probably wants to catch Black so he looks good in front of everyone"

"How did he escape Azkaban?" Ron asked "Nobody has ever escaped Azkaban, and he's a murderous raving lunatic." Suddenly the train stopped. "Why has the train stopped?"

"We can't be there already" Hermione said.

The compartment suddenly felt cold, the window began being covered in frost. Death was felt in the air, fear filled the minds of everyone in the compartment. Crookshanks made a hissing noise, Scabbers squeaked and hid.

"There's someone coming on" Ron looked out of the window.

A few moments later, the group heard something approaching. The compartment door slowly slid open, revealing a black, decaying hand. The owner of the hand was covered in a black cloak, the group quickly realised it was a dementor.

Lupin chose that moment to wake up, he jumped to his feet and aimed his wand at the dementor. He was about to get rid of it, but someone beat him to it. Remus's eyes widened as he saw a silver shield push the dementor away, a few moments later the owner of said shield stopped in front of the compartment.

"Hello Moony" Harry smiled

"Harry" Remus smiled "it's good to see you again"

"You two know each other?" Adrian asked, Harry looked at the golden trio for a second before looking back at Remus.

"Can we talk later? In private" Harry asked

"Of course" Remus nodded

"Great, oh, by the way I have the map"

"You do?!" Remus blurted out in surprise

"Yeah, managed to get it last year from a couple of red heads" Harry nodded "I'll see you later"

Later at school, Harry found himself called up to the headmasters office shortly after the sorting feast. He arrived in the office, accompanied by Professor Snape, when he arrived he found the golden trio sitting at the side of the office.

In front of him he saw McGonagall standing to the left of Dumbledore who was looking at him with a grandfatherly smile and an annoyingly bright twinkle in his blue eyes. Harry mentally groaned, he just knew that he'd get a headache at the end of this.

"Ah, Mr Potter, please take a seat" Dumbledore gestured to the chair in front of the desk, Snape moved to stand on Dumbledore's right, Harry slowly sat on the chair. He looked around the office one more time before looking at Dumbledore. "How are you Mr Potter?"

"I'm fine" Harry answered "yourself?"

"I am also fine" Dumbledore smiled "I would like to start off by congratulating you, once again, on another victory in the Japanese war duels"

"You've competed in another one?!" McGonagall blurted out in surprise "Why do you wish to participate in those vicious games?!"

"Thrill seeker" Harry shrugged

"He's mad" Adrian whispered to Ron

"But not deaf" Harry pointed out, looking at the trio

"Mr Potter" Dumbledore brought Harry's attention back to himself "there are three different things I wished to discuss with you. The first being the dementor attack, I am told that you were the one who drove them away"

"I might have been" Harry replied

"A patronus at your age is an impressive accomplishment, many newts students are incapable of producing them" Dumbledore said, Harry couldn't help but notice Grangers annoyed face. "May I ask where you learnt to do a patronus?"

"No, you may not" Harry answered, the golden trio dropped their jaws at Harry's refusal to answer Dumbledore "now what's the next thing you wanted to discuss?"

"Sirius Black has escaped from Azkaban"

"I'm aware" Harry replied

"Of course" Dumbledore inclined his head slightly "with that being said, I believe it's best for you and your brother to not go to Hogsmead, it's too dangerous for you to be there and…"

"No" Harry interrupted

"I beg your pardon?" Dumbledore asked slowly

"I said no, you're not my guardian and therefore you have no right to ban me from Hogsmead. I'm an emancipated student thanks to being the lord of the most ancient and noble house of Flight, and am legally my own guardian.

If you wish to ban me from Hogsmead then I insist that you ban everyone, because I don't find it fair for you to just ban me"

"Mr Potter, please see reason" Dumbledore said "Mr Black is after…"

"Mr Black is after someone and that person is not me" Harry looked at his brother and winked at him before looking back to Dumbledore "even if he was then you still can't ban me. I can take care of myself and even if you do ban me then I can pretty much just sneak out and go to Hogsmead, let's not waste time here Dumbledore, what was the third thing you wanted to talk to me about?"

"Very well Mr Potter" Dumbledore sighed and looked at Harry with that disappointed grandfather look, unfortunately it had no effect on him so he just dropped it "the third thing I wanted to talk about is training. I've seen you at the war duel, and I've heard rumours about you at school. It's clear that you're a fighter, I wish for you to train your brother"

"What?!" Adrian blurted out

"What?" Harry said slowly

"I wish for you to train your brother" Dumbledore repeated. He was hoping that doing so would either let him learn more about Harry or help convince Harry to his side, it would also help Adrian who really wasn't doing as well as Dumbledore would like.

"You…want me…to train him?" Harry gestured to his brother

"Dumbledore, you can't be serious!" Adrian said with pleading eyes as he got to his feet "You actually want me to train with him?!"

"I believe he meant train under me but I also agree in saying you can't be serious" Harry replied

"Albus, I agree" McGonagall said her piece "it's clear to everyone that the two don't get along"

"I am also in agreement" Snape added "Slytherin Potter is a hardworking and excellent student and duellist, Gryffindor potter is just an arrogant and talentless brat. It will never work"

"What he said" Harry pointed to Snape "it'll never work"

"Now, now" Dumbledore smiled at everyone "I'm sure that this will work if you boys simply put in the effort"

"But sir…" Adrian was about to complain

"Adrian" Dumbledore said "with Mr Black out, you need to be trained and know how to defend yourself" He said with a hint of finality, signalling to Adrian that the conversation was very much over. Adrian slumped and sat down on his seat where Ron sympathetically placed a hand on his shoulder

"I would've thought that a Gryffindor would've put up more of a fight" Harry commented and Adrian glared at him

"Now Mr Potter" Dumbledore brought back Harry's attention before the two boys could start fighting "I would like you to teach your brother about duelling and hand to hand combat, you seem to be more than proficient in both"

"Thank you but what makes you think I'm willing to train him?" Harry asked

"He is your brother" Dumbledore reminded him

"I also don't like him" Harry pointed out "so why would I train him when I have so many better things to do?"

"Mr Potter?"

"Ah" Harry said "it may surprise you Dumbledore but I am not exactly willing to sacrifice my time to train your little golden boy just because you tell me to" The trio once again dropped their jaws, McGonagall looked at him in shock and even Snape had a little bit of surprise on his face. None of them could believe that Harry was willing to talk to Dumbledore like that.

"Mr Potter" Dumbledore said, doing his best not to let his anger show "why do you not wish to teach your brother?"

"Firstly, I have many better things to do" Harry answered "like homework, quidditch, sleeping, snogging and just plain enjoying myself. Secondly, it's no secret that me and my brother don't get along. Thirdly I am not the sort of person you want teaching him. I'm a survivor and a fighter, my brother is many things but he is neither one of those"

"I'm sure that Adrian will do his best to prove you wrong" Dumbledore said confidently before Adrian could reply.

"Even then, what possible reason do I have that's worth me wasting my time on him?" Harry raised an eyebrow

"You want pay?" Dumbledore asked with a surprised voice

"Hmm, that'd be nice" Harry nodded "I want some form of payment"

"You want to be paid to teach your own brother?!" Hermione demanded

"I want to be paid just to be in close proximity to him" Harry replied "after all, bin men are paid to handle trash"

"Mr Potter, ten points from Slytherin" McGonagall told him off

"How cruel" Harry said dryly before turning back to Dumbledore "so, what do I get for teaching him? Hmm, let's say twenty-five galleons an hour"

"You want twenty galleons for an hour?" McGonagall looked at him with disbelief

"Ten to deal with him and ten to teach him plus five for the therapy sessions I'll need after I've taught him" Harry replied "plus if you want to add his friends to the lesson then that'll be twenty-five galleons for each of them as well. To simplify, twenty-five galleons per student, that's my lowest offer, take it or leave it."

"Very well Mr Potter" Dumbledore sighed, this was not how he wanted this meeting to go "you will be paid twenty-five galleons an hour"

"Lovely" Harry smiled for the first time since the meeting started but his smile quickly vanished "now, let's talk rules"

"Rules?" Dumbledore asked

"Yes, I have two rules if you want him to be taught." Harry replied "let's run through them. The first being I do not accept late students, if he's late even once then I will punish him. If he's ten minutes late or under then I will make him do laps around the lake for each minute, if it's over then I'm cancelling the lessons and not starting them up again" Harry noticed that Snape looked at him approvingly.

"Mr Potter, don't you think that's a bit strict?" Dumbledore asked

"Maybe" Harry shrugged "but my lessons and what I say goes. The second rule is that during these lessons I will not have interference from you or the teachers, if any of you interfere in my lessons or take points from me or hand detentions to me during my lessons then I will cancel them immediately. "

"Now Mr Potter, that is unreasonable" Dumbledore argued

"I don't care" Harry replied "if these lessons happen then I gain some money, if they don't happen then I lose nothing. It seems to me that you want these lessons more than I do, I'm not changing my mind. Those two rules and twenty five galleons an hour or I walk."

"Mr Potter" Dumbledore was about to object

"Keep arguing with me and I will raise the price to thirty galleons" Harry interrupted him. Everyone in the office couldn't believe the way that Harry was talking to the leader of the light. "My rules are simple, be on time and no interference"

"I agree with Mr Potter" Snape said "the rules are simple and not unreasonable, besides Mr Potter is right in saying that he holds all the cards"

"Very well" Dumbledore sighed "your rules are agreed to"

"Lovely" Harry stood up, he extended his hand "I'll have tomorrow lessons payment today" Dumbledore reluctantly got twenty-five galleons and handed them to Harry who put them all in his pocket which was fitted with an extension charm. "Are the other two being trained as well?" Harry asked. All eyes fell on to Ron and Hermione.

"Uh…" Ron looked at Adrian and Hermione

"We'll do it" Hermione said, wanting to see how good of a teacher Harry is.

"That's fifty more galleons" Harry reminded Dumbledore "twenty-five per idiot". Dumbledore bit back his response and handed Harry fifty more galleons.

"Is that all Mr Potter?" Dumbledore said, praying for the boy to say yes.

"For now" Harry nodded, he then turned to the trio "you three will meet me by the lake tomorrow morning at five"

"You want us to be up at five in the morning?!" Adrian couldn't believe the words coming out of his brothers mouth

"I want you permanently quiet when I'm around but I will settle for you being there a five in the morning" Harry replied "be there at the time, if your ten minutes late or under then prepare to do laps. If your more then don't expect more lessons from me" Harry turned and walked out of the office.

"Dumbledore, please tell me I don't actually have to take lessons from him!" Adrian pleaded

"I apologise Adrian but I'm sure that they will be good for you" Dumbledore said apologetically

"But he'll probably kill me!"

"Shame" Snape said dryly "sadly, I doubt that he will hurt you that much Potter. I know it must be difficult for you but I personally think it's about time you learnt some discipline and…"

"Severus" Dumbledore warned

Snape fell quiet but he did so with a smirk on his face, picturing what his Potter would do to the Gryffindor one. Judging by the look of McGonagall and the golden trio, they were thinking the same thing.

The next day the trio walked up to the lake at five in the morning, Ron and Adrian were dragging their feet. They were followed by McGonagall and Snape who were instructed to keep an eye on them. They had reached the lake where they found Harry Potter.

He was currently doing handstand push-ups with his feet leaning against a tree, he was wearing white trainers, grey tracksuit bottoms and a grey shirt.

"I'm surprised" Harry admitted whilst still doing his push-ups "I would've thought that you'd be at least two minutes late"

"I made sure they were on time" McGonagall said, she thought it would be best to make sure they arrived in time, if for no other reason than their physical health.

"Shame, I was looking forward to telling them to run around the lake" Harry got to his feet, he shook his head and walked up to the trio. "What are you wearing?" Harry gestured to their clothes

"They're our clothes, it's Saturday so we don't have to wear our uniforms" Hermione replied

"You want to train in those clothes?"

"You're wearing muggle clothes" Ron pointed out

"Yes but they were designed to be lose and allow movement" Harry replied "either transfigure them into workout clothes or go and get some better clothes"

"I will transfigure them" McGonagall sighed, she then turned the trio's clothes into matching versions of Harry's clothes. Except Hermione's clothes were pink, Ron's were green and Adrian's clothes were red.

"Brilliant" Harry sighed and pulled out a piece of paper, he handed it to the three "I want you three to do the stretches on this paper, call me once you're done"

"What? Are you serious?" Adrian spoke

"If they're too complicated for you then I'm sure Professor Snape can read them out for you" Harry replied with a fake smile, while Snape actually smirked "do them or shut up and get lost"

Without waiting for an answer Harry turned and walked to the tree, he walked around the tree and pulled out a punching bag. He dropped the bag on the floor, he then ran toward the tree. He ran up it until he could reach a branch, he climbed on it then summoned the bag to him. He attached it to branch then climbed back down.

He began wrapping some tape around his hands, once he was done he looked around and noticed that everyone was staring at him.

"Are you idiots going to start or what?" Harry said, the trio then snapped out of their trances and began doing as the paper instructed. Whilst Harry began pummelling the bag, he struck with high speed and precision.

A few minutes or so later, McGonagall and Snape were pitying the poor bag that Harry was punching. The trio had finished the paper, Harry made his way over to them and looked them on the floor.

"Alright, I'm going to teach you guys how to fall" Harry said "it's important to know how to fall in a duel and a fight."

"Are you kidding me? Why one earth would we need to know how to fall?" Adrian looked at Harry as if he was crazy.

"Come here for a sec" Harry said, Adrian made his way over. He stopped just in front of Harry when he found himself being thrown on to the ground, the wind was knocked right out of him and he groaned. "That's why you need to learn how to fall properly, any more stupid questions?"

"Mr Potter!" McGonagall said

"No" Harry interrupted before she could tell him off "no interference, I'm teaching my lessons my way. If you don't like it then pull them out or leave"

"Did you have to do that?" Hermione gestured to Adrian who was groaning on the ground "I doubt you were taught like that"

"You wish to be taught like me?" Harry raised an eyebrow

"Yes" Hermione nodded

"Fine" Harry pulled his wand out and conjured a large slab of concrete, McGonagall was impressed by his advanced magic "I practised on concrete when I was younger, if you prefer that to the softer grass then by all means feel free." Hermione reddened slightly

"You didn't actually practise on concrete" She said disbelievingly "that would really hurt"

"And it did" Harry replied with a forced calmness "now are you going to keep talking or can I actually start teaching? Because if it's the first one then leave" Hermione turned even more red and shut up.

Harry spent the next few minutes teaching them how to break their falls and roll. Once they were done Harry gave them his opinion.

"You were shit but you weren't total shit" Harry said "and that's about the closest to a compliment you maggots will get. I'm not going to bother teaching you hand to hand combat today, let's see your duelling skills so I know what I'm working with." Harry pulled out his wand "Get your wands out and get ready"

The trio did as they were told, they took their wands out and got into their duelling stances, Harry put a hand up to stop them.

"Stay still" Harry said as he began walking around them "I want to see your stances" Harry carefully looked at each one of them "and they are horrible"

"What?!" Ron blurted out

"Quite Weasley" Harry said "with the stance that you're going for you need to have your body facing sideways to reduce your target area, unless you'd like me to be able to shoot you more easily. Would you like me to shoot you?"

"No" Ron mumbled and did as he was told. Harry then moved on to Hermione

"You're stance is fine but you've planted your feet to heavy on the ground" Harry said

"What does that mean?!" Hermione blurted out

"It means you'll be slower and more likely for me to kill you when we duel"

"Wait?! You're going to actually try and kill me?!"

"I will if you keep raising your voice like that" Harry moved on to Adrian "as for you, you've got both problems your friends have. Face your body sideways and be light on your feet"

"Fine" Adrian said and did as he was told

"Oh, one more thing" Harry said "don't spread your legs so wide unless you'd like my foot to come in-between them" Adrian blushed and brought his legs closer together. Harry moved away from the trio to create some distance.

"Alright, what now?" Adrian asked

"I want you three to try and disarm me" Harry said

"Disarming? We learnt that in second year" Ron replied

"You were also supposed to learn table manner when you were a child" Harry replied "if you haven't remembered that then I'm not putting much hope in you remembering how to disarm. Now, we start on three. Get ready, one" The trio prepared "two, three"

The three simultaneously fired disarming spells at Harry, Harry ducked and dodged them and ran towards the three of them. They were surprised by the sudden change, they aimed their wands at Harry, prepared to fire again.

Harry grabbed Hermione's hand and aimed it at the other two, a spell shot from her wand and struck Adrian who landed on Ron and both of their wands flew out of their hands. Harry then kicked Hermione's legs out and she fell to the floor, losing her wand as well.

"What was that?!" Adrian demanded

"You three are slow" Harry said "you need to learn to think more quickly, I could've killed you all easily. You need to work on your speed and precision"

"You're too fast!" Ron objected

"Am I?" Harry's arm shot up in the air and fired two stunners at McGonagall, shock was on her face for a brief moment but she quickly raised her wand and blocked the first one and dodged the second one.

"Mr Potter! What are you doing?!" McGonagall demanded, Snape also had his wand out and from the look on his face it was obvious that he wanted to know as well.

"Proving a point" Harry looked back to the stunned trio "Professor McGonagall is old enough to be your grandmother and Snape is in his thirties and teaches classes that usually don't have anything to do with wands yet she blocked both stunners and Snape had his wand out quick enough to defend or attack. What's your excuse?"

"Well…we…" Hermione struggled to come up with an excuse

"Exactly" Harry continued "you three are a trio of spoilt brats who think you possess greatness, be glad that I'm showing you how wrong you are instead of a death eater"

"We're not spoiled!" Ron shouted "My family is poor! I have to share everything with my brothers and my sister!"

"Cry me a river" Harry said unsympathetically "you have a family, shelter and food. Forgive me if I don't have much pity because you have to share or can't afford the latest broomstick"

"Like you know what it's like!" Ron spat back

"I don't know what your life's been like" Harry replied "but even if I lived your life I would still be smart enough to remember that there's always someone who's had better and there's always someone who's had worse. Trust me, I've met people who would make you look like as spoilt as a Malfoy. Now get your worthless arses off the ground"

"You can't talk to us like that!" Adrian growled

"If I want to address you as an idiot or even the sugar plum fairy, then I will do so. Your options are to take it like a man, prove your worth the effort of addressing you with respect, make me stop or quit. If I was you then I'd go for either the first or last option, they're more reachable aims than the others. Now up or I will make you get up" The trio reluctantly got up

Harry set the trio on disarming, and if this was any indication of what teaching was like then he'd never teach again. Soon the lesson ended and Harry looked at the trio with a critical eye.

"Hmm, maybe now you'd at least be able to disarm a death eater….if he was blind….and distracted by a large noise" Harry said slowly

"Hey, would you stop being such an arse?!" Adrian demanded

"Can't, it's a full time job" Harry shrugged "in all fairness you three can disarm fairly decently now but you have a whole way to go, a very long way to go. In an actual fight you'd last about a minute if you're lucky"

"Like you've been in actual fights" Ron snorted

"Mr Weasley, Mr Potter has competed multiple times in the Japanese war duels" Snape reminded him "duels that are famously known for allowing the use of any spell, including the unforgivables. Needless to say Mr Potter was required to be at a higher level than you to avoid getting killed"

"Yeah but it's not like anyone actually tries to kill people in those duels" Adrian said

"My last duel I fought against a Japanese girl and boy" Harry said "the boy was fairly easy whilst the girl tried to cut my head off with a cutting curse, kill me a few times with the killing curse and then she tried to remove my head and legs with a sword. If you don't believe me then ask Dumbledore, he was in the crowd at that time."

"What was Dumbledore doing there?" Hermione asked

"Oh, he was hoping to see up the skirts of young Japanese girls like in anime" Harry lied, though with the look that Hermione was giving him he had no regrets about doing so "either way, lesson is over so get your pitiful arses out of my sights"

"You don't have to insult us!" Hermione said

"I don't have to train you either, deal with it or get lost" Harry replied

"Come on guys, let's go" Hermione glared at Harry and left with the trio, not before McGonagall transfigured their clothes back.

"Mr Potter, was all of that necessary?" McGonagall said to Harry

"It was a complete waste of my time is what it was" Harry replied and made his way back to the punching bag, he started punching it as he talked "the so called boy-who-lived and none of you thought it was a good idea to make sure he could at least disarm properly. I planned to spend today's lesson seeing where they were at and I am very disappointed."

"But surely you can see that you were too harsh on them" McGonagall replied

"Harsh? Please, that was angelic compared to the training that I had received" Harry said as he kept punching "I've had much worse when I was a lot younger, your lions are kittens and if they want to survive my training then they had better grow up or I won't be so nice next lesson."

"Nice?! You call this nice?!" McGonagall blurted out in surprise

"Too nice, I think" Harry replied "let your cubs know that they should be here the same time tomorrow and the same rules apply, also if I hear them complain tomorrow then I will personally throw them in a lake with shackles attached to their ankles and make them swim in it. Oh and tell Dumbledore that I want my payment before every lesson, I'm not coming near those idiots without it"

"I will make sure he's informed" Snape said, supressing a smirk at McGonagall's open mouthed face. He then lead his colleague away from Harry, once they were far enough away they began talking.

"Severus" McGonagall said "you must agree with me when I say that those lessons should be stopped"

"Yes I do, I need to protect Mr Potter's sanity and teaching your brats won't help him"

"My brats?!" McGonagall repeated "'You make it sound like it was their fault"

"I think it is" Snape replied calmly "Miss Granger is a girl who believes she's a magical prodigy because she can memorise a few books, Mr Weasley and your Potter are lazy and spoilt by Albus. It's about time that they learn about how the real world works"

"Real world?"

"Surely you noticed Mr Potter saying that he had practised falling on concrete and him saying he's received worse training when he was younger. From the sounds of it, your lions are moaning and complaining about training that would seem like child's play to him. I understand why he's upset, imagine having seventh year students complaining and saying that transfiguring a matchstick into a needle is too hard."

"Do you know what training Mr Potter went through?" McGonagall asked

"All I know is I've got another piece of the puzzle that is Harry potter"

Soon Harry, Daphne and Rose found themselves in the care of magical creatures class, it turned out that Hagrid was teaching it. This worried Harry slightly, Hagrid with all the best will in the world, was a nice guy but had a different idea on what is appropriate for kids than say a regular teacher, or a student, or a muggle or just about anyone.

Hagrid began leading them to their first creature, Harry couldn't help but notice that the trio were trying to stand as far away from him as possible. He smirked, knowing that he at least achieved something today.

"Alright everyone" Hagrid said when everyone stopped "get your books out and turn to page sixty-four"

"Just how are we supposed to do that?" Malfoy asked sarcastically, holding up the biting book that was held shut with a belt.

"Just stroke the spine, dumbass" Harry sighed and stroked the book. He removed the belt and showed that the book wasn't trying to bite him. Malfoy turned a bit red but didn't say anything, he and everyone else just did as Harry said.

"Why do you put up with him?" Theodore Nott whispered to Harry "You're the head of like fifty powerful houses yet you still put up with Malfoy? Why don't you just use that political power and shut him up?"

"Because if I keep doing that then he'd eventually realise that I'm not following through with my threats" Harry replied "I could ruin the Malfoy family but I won't, not yet at least."

"Why's that?" Nott asked curiously

"Let's just say I know someone who prefers the Malfoys to stay afloat for now" Harry responded vaguely

"Say hello to Buckbeak" Hagrid said proudly as he brought a hippogriff towards the group "isn't he beautiful?"

"Hagrid, what the bloody hell is that?" Ron asked

"That Ron, is a hippogriff, the first thing you need to know about hippogriffs are they are very proud creature. Very easily offended, you do not want to insult a hippogriff, may just be the last thing you ever do. Now, who wants to say hello?"

"I do" Harry raised a hand, many people looked at him like he was mad. Harry stepped forward and made his way over.

"Well done Harry, it's nice to see you so eager to meet him" Hagrid smiled

"Yes, well when you live with Draco Malfoy you take up the opportunity to interact with intelligent beings whenever you can" Harry said, simultaneously insulting Malfoy and complimenting Buckbeak at the same time. The former growled while the latter proudly raised its head, as if to say 'damn straight'.

"Now, the first thing you need to do is bow" Hagrid instructed "then you wait and see if he bows back, if he does then you can go and touch him. If not then…..well, we'll get to that later."

Harry nodded to show his understanding, he looked towards Buckbeak, looking him directly in the eye. He slowly arched his back, bowing enough to seem respectful. Buckbeak looked at him for a moment before deciding to grace Harry with his own bow.

"Ah, well done Buckbeak, well done!" Hagrid praised as he threw him a dead ferret

"And there goes one of Malfoy's brethren" Harry commented, causing giggles to go through the crowd along with snorts and suppressed laughter.

Harry slowly made his way forward, he made sure to keep his speed slow, so he doesn't startle Buckbeak. He raised his arm up and gently patted Buckbeak on the head, Buckbeak seemed to like it and nuzzled Harry's hand.

"Ah, well done Buckbeak" Hagrid smiled and made his way over "I think he may just let you ride him now" Hagrid said to Harry

"I beg your pardon?" But no sooner than the words had left his mouth, Hagrid had picked him up and placed him on Buckbeaks back.

Buckbeak ran and lifted up into the air, Buckbeak treated Harry with a beautiful tour around the Hogwarts sky. He even flew above the lake, Harry couldn't begin to describe the joy he felt in the air. It was why he originally joined the quidditch team, he didn't care much for the game but flying, flying was where he felt free.

Soon Buckbeak flew back and landed right where he originally stood, a few people cheered as Hagrid picked Harry up and put him on the ground. Harry looked around and saw Daphne smiling at him, so was Rose but it was at that point that Harry noticed that Theodore Nott was smiling at Rose.

"Yeah, you're not dangerous at all are you" Malfoy walked right up to Buckbeak "you great ugly brute"

"Malfoy, no" Hagrid said but before he could do anything Buckbeak was on his hind legs and was about to strike Malfoy. Harry acted quickly and put up a shield, it blocked Buckbeaks strike. Buckbeak moved back but then Harry quickly stepped in front of him before he could charge again.

"Buckbeak no!" Harry said is a commanding voice "There's a list of people that want to kill him and you will wait your damn turn! Hagrid, if you'd please help"

"Uh, right, come on Buckbeak" Hagrid said and began leading Buckbeak away from Malfoy.

"Why'd you save me?" Malfoy asked with surprise in his voice

"Save you?" Harry turned to Malfoy "no, I saved Hagrid and Buckbeak. Knowing you, you would've got hurt then you would've ran to daddy just like every time you do when anyone says anything mean to you then you would've told him what happened. And of course daddy would have to indulge his spoilt little princess"

"Don't talk to me like that!"

"I'm sorry, should I call you an idiot instead?!" Harry got right in Malfoy's face "I'm no expert but if a man as big and strong as Hagrid says something is dangerous and not to insult, the last thing anyone with brain cells would do is walk right up insult it. Even Weasley was able to figure that out"

"Hey!" Ron shouted

"The next time you want to risk bodily harm or death then just say the word and I'll personally help you" Harry threatened Malfoy, he then walked past the boy, shoving him in the shoulder as he did so.

"Alright babe?" Daphne hugged him as he approached

"Just another day with another idiot" Harry sighed, he then whispered into Daphne's ear "by the way Snuffle's is close to having his moment. It'll happen tomorrow"

"Hope it goes well" She whispered back before letting go.

"So Nott" Harry walked up to the boy "we need to have a discussion about where those eyes were looking"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91K 3K 15
Harry James potter brother of the famous Marcus Charlus potter (the boy who lived) and oldest son of lily and James potter. He was wrongfully named...
1.5M 42K 72
Evelyn Potter was the girl-who-lived, or so they thought. Harry was the true boy-who-lived, who beat Voldemort. After being dumped by Lily and James...
765K 16.9K 63
Thomas potter is the "Boy-Who-Lived." His fame and future named by the beloved wizard of the light, Albus Dumbledore. But what happens if he made a...
64.4K 1.5K 29
What if James and Lily Potter were hiding something about Lily's pregnancy? What if Harry had a twin that no one knew about? What if Voldemort tried...