I'm not a hero

By GAMERWHITEDEVIL

By JustBored21 James and Lily have been put into a coma, Adrian Potter is the boy-who-lived, Dumbledore raise... More

Everything going to plan
2
Flying lessons and duel with Draco
The man
proxies, punching Malfoy and two girls
Meeting parents, misinterpretation
Troll
Fight and Quidditch
Cloak, battle of minds, yellow eyes
Chapter 10
End of first year
Start of second year
Lockhart, Quidditch and the cat
Duelling club, Polyjuice
first meetings, telling Daphne, Ginny
Lockhart, end of second year
Train, training and Buckbeak
Boggart, reveal
Interrogation, Kreatcher
21
Family time, brother talk
23
Start of fourth year, goblet of fire,
25
Fights, Yule ball, flying
27:Second task, family day, third task
Fight, transformation
A few reveals, order meetings
30
31-FLASHBACK

Snuffles, three-way fight

2.7K 62 15
By GAMERWHITEDEVIL

Daphne was rather enjoying her boyfriend Harry and his sister in all but blood Rose staying at the Greengrass manor, as were the other occupants. Each and every person had their own reason for liking the two staying there.

The house elves were happy that they had more people to look after, especially when Harry and Rose treated them so kindly. Harry also had Dobby work in the manor, the excitable house elf worked as hard as he could, which resulted in the other elves working harder and soon an unofficial contest began to see who could work the hardest.

Daphne knew that Astoria and Harry got on great, but Astoria also got on well with Rose. She kept trying to spend time with Rose, and she was slowly bringing the girl out of her shell. Rose seemed fine with Astoria, she wasn't chatty but she didn't feel the need to hide from her.

Roxanne Greengrass, the mother, also enjoyed having Harry and Rose here. She tried to mother the two for all they were worth, but that didn't really go her way when Harry insisted he would take care of her as he was a guest in her house. He would regularly offer to do things around the house, he also did little things like pull out her chair for her when she sat down.

Daphne was beginning to wonder who was taking care of who, she once even found Harry massaging his mother's shoulders. But Harry then massaged her shoulders so it was fine, and boy did he know how to relieve tension.

Cyrus Greengrass, the father, thought Harry was brilliant. He was of the opinion that Harry had inherited the right things from both his father and mother, James's mischief and looks along with Lily's eyes and brains. He found Harry smart enough to discuss politics with and he rather enjoyed his witty comments.

Rose, was still incredibly shy around the whole family. She usually tried to hide between either Harry, Daphne and sometimes Astoria. This had left the Greengrass adults a bit put out, until Daphne explained that it was nothing personal and Rose just needed a lot of time to get used to people. Daphne couldn't really blame Rose for the way she acted, not that her parents did anything to deserve it but if Daphne had gone through what Rose had gone through then she might be the same.

The group were sitting at dinner, enjoying themselves. Cyrus and Roxanne sat at opposite end of the table with the kids sitting at the sides of the table, Daphne and Harry on one side while Rose and Astoria sat on the other. They were having a good time eating and talking to each other.

"Yeah that's true" Harry was saying to Cyrus "but frankly I've never understood why the 'elbows off the table' rule exists"

"Me either" Cyrus said in agreement

"I mean, tables are elbow height for a reason" Harry replied

"True" Cyrus chuckled "ah, by the way, have you chosen your electives yet?"

"Yes, me and Rose have taken care of magical creatures, Arithmancy and ancient runes." Harry answered

"Same" Daphne nodded "they all sound really interesting"

"Hmm, we should probably go shopping in Diagon alley tomorrow" Roxanne said "me and Cyrus will buy you four your supplies"

"Really, you don't need to do that" Harry said politely "you've let us stay in your home and that's more than enough"

"Nonsense" Roxanne waved him off "we've enjoyed having you here, and we insist. It's not charity, consider it a gift from us for making our daughter happy, I've never seen her as happy as she is when she's with you"

"Mum!" Daphne blushed

"You might as well accept" Cyrus chuckled "my wife always gets what she wants, believe me I know. When you two are older than Daphne's going to have you under her complete and total control"

"Fine" Harry chuckled "you can buy my supplies but I buy anything else out of my own money"

"Deal" Cyrus nodded.

"Honestly Harry, it's really no trouble" Roxanne said

"I know but I insist" Harry replied

"Very well" Roxanne sighed "but if you ever need anything then feel free to ask"

"I'll remember that"

"And then ignore it entirely" Daphne commented

"Probably" Harry admitted

"Oh, look the mail" Astoria pointed up as an owl came in with a newspaper, it dropped the paper down on Cyrus's lap.

"What does it say dear?" Roxanne asked

"Well…" Cyrus paled as he read the paper "Sirius Black has escaped"

"Sirius Black has escaped?" Harry asked

"Yes" Cyrus nodded. He expected many things, but the news of Sirius escaping was not one of them. It was at this moment when something else he didn't expect happened, he looked up to the sound of Harry laughing.

Harry was leaning back against his chair, laughing to the high heavens. Cyrus was at least glad to notice that Roxanne and Astoria were also confused. Although he noted that Rose had a small smile on her face and Daphne was smirking at Harry.

"Excuse me" Harry laughed and left the dinner table

"I'm going to deal with him" Daphne stood up "I'll be back in a bit"

Daphne followed Harry up to the guest bedroom where he was staying alongside Rose, she entered the room when Harry grabbed her. He closed the door and pulled her in close, he kissed her strongly.

She was incredibly surprised but didn't fight back, in fact she rather enjoyed it. A few minutes later Harry had let her go, he was grinning from ear to ear.

"You're happy" She noted

"Of course I am" Harry's smile didn't dim at all "Padfoot rides again!"

The next day the group were in Diagon alley, they had just brought their supplies and the adults had agreed to let the kids go off on their own for a while. Harry, Daphne, Astoria and Rose went to the ice cream shop first.

After that they began walking around, they stopped for a while to view the quidditch sore where they saw the new Firebolt broomstick, which was currently the fastest broomstick in the world. They then continued walking.

"Where do you guys want to go next?" Harry asked

"Hmm, I don't know" Daphne thought about it "What about you two?" She asked Astoria and Rose

"I'll go anywhere" Astoria shrugged

"Same" Rose whispered

"Let's go and look in the pet shop" Harry suggested

"What for?" Daphne asked

"Let's just look around, if we like something then we'll buy it" Harry replied

The group made their way into the pet store, they looked around and looked at the many animals. They didn't buy anything but it was basically a free zoo for them.

"Daph" Harry said, holding a dog collar and a leash "look after Rose and Astoria, I'll be back in a sec"

"What are you doing?" Daphne asked, wondering what he was doing

"I'll explain later" Harry said and made his way out of the shop. Daphne sighed and turned her attention back to her sister and Rose.

The trio left the shop a couple of minutes later where they found Harry standing next to a large black dog, the dog was probably a German shepherd but looked a lot like a grim in Daphne's opinion. It was wearing a blue collar and a leash that Harry was holding.

"Harry" Daphne said slowly "why have you stolen a dog?"

"Stolen, you wound me" Harry said with a fake hurt face "this is my dog, always has been"

"Oh yeah, what's his name?" Daphne asked just as realisation hit her

"Yeah it's him" Harry nodded "I'm going to call him Snuffles"

"Snuffles?" Daphne asked with surprise in her voice

"Nobody would suspect 'Snuffles'" Harry grinned

"Hmm" Daphne made her way over to the dog and knelt down next to it "you're him? You're him, aren't you?" she whispered. The dog barked and nodded, Daphne smiled and ruffled the dog's head. "It's nice to meet you Mr Padfoot, Harry has told me all about you. I'm Daphne Greengrass"

"My girlfriend and fiancée" Harry whispered

"He's so cute" Astoria made her way over and started petting Snuffles "you said his name was Snuffles?"

"Yeah" Harry nodded "he's coming with us to Hogwarts" Snuffles barked happily

"Uh…hello" Rose whispered shyly

"Go on Rose" Harry encouraged "he doesn't bite"

"O…okay" Rose nodded, she slowly walked up and gently patted Snuffles on the head. When Snuffles didn't react badly, she slowly began petting him more. "I…it's nice to meet you"

"Oh god, what are you lot doing here?" A voice said

The group turned to see the golden trio standing in front of them. Hermione Granger was standing whilst holding a ginger cat that Harry had presumed crashed face first into a wall, Adrian Potter was standing and glaring at them, next to him stood Ron Weasley. He was holding a rather pale looking rat in his hand, Harry's eyes widened as he saw it. He couldn't believe he'd never seen it before but then again he'd never seen Ron with his rat. He quickly composed himself.

"We're taking Sirius Black out for cookies and milk" Harry said sarcastically "What do you think we're doing in Diagon alley?"

"Don't talk to me like that!" Adrian replied

"You going to stop me?" Harry challenged "We ain't in school little brother, Dumbledore ain't around to protect you here. You may have your friends but I doubt the bookworm or the red headed waste disposal machine would be of much help."

"Hey, don't insult us!" Hermione said "There's no reason to be so rude!"

"There is a reason and it's because I enjoy being rude" Harry responded

"Harry" Daphne said "come on, let's just leave the Gryffs alone. I'm not really in the mood to play with them"

"Yeah, why don't you go listen to the listen to the little snake?" Ron spat

"Watch yourself Weasley" Harry warned "physically and magically you have no chance against me. And in terms of intelligence your basically unarmed, but my lady is right, we have better things to do than deal with you"

Snuffles at that point had seen the rat that Ron was holding, he growled and tried to run towards it but Harry kept a strong grip on the dog leash. He tugged Snuffles to bring his attention back to him.

"Down boy" Harry said firmly, Snuffles continued growling "We'd best be on our way. Come on guys" Harry lead the group and Snuffles away from Adrian, and his friends. "Patience" Harry whispered to Snuffles "not yet. Trust me, I have a plan"

A week later the Greengrass family found themselves in Japan along with Rose, Harry and Snuffles. Snuffles had to stay in his dog form the whole time he was staying with the Greengrass's so to reduce the risk of him getting caught, Harry was competing in another war duel, Roxanne and Cyrus had tried talking him out of it but he was insistent on competing.

Everyone watched with amazement as Harry competed, his opponents would use any spell they could think of including the unforgivables. But Harry stuck with simple spells such as stunning, disarming, a couple of cutting hexes and he added his martial arts skills to the fight as well.

Soon it was time for the final round, Harry had entered the arena, it was just like last time with the same rock arena. Except this time Harry was facing two opponents in a three way contest, His opponents were a Japanese boy who had dyed his hair red, and a Japanese girl with black hair.

Harry looked around at the audience in the stands, behind the protective shield. He saw the Greengrasses, Rose and Snuffles giving him encouraging and prideful looks. He smiled, that was until he looked in the opposite direction and saw Dumbledore sitting in the crowds.

Dumbledore smiled but Harry had to put all his effort into not looking pissed. Harry realised that Dumbledore's interest in him had to have increased for the old goat to come and watch him. He sighed and decided to kick Dumbledore out of his mind for the moment and focus on the task in front of him.

The match started and Harry's wand flicked to his hand, the match's first move was started by the Japanese girl who fired a cutting curse at Harry, aiming for his neck. Harry ducked then sidestepped the stunning spell from the redhead.

Harry fired his own stunning spell at the girl and shot another one at the redhead, the girl blocked it whilst the redhead ducked. The two then fired at Harry, Harry rolled out of the way and hid behind a nearby rock.

"Don't those idiots know this is a three way fight?" Harry growled

Apparently they had just realised that as the two began firing at each other, everything from cutting curses to unforgivables. The girl seemed to be getting the upper hand, the boy was backing away under her heavy spell fire.

The boy was forming a plan in his head as he dodged a bone breaker, he was going to blast one of the nearby rocks and have it strike her, then he was going to finish her off. He got his wand ready but was stopped when he saw the rock he was going to blast turn into a wolf. The wolf growled and charged at the girl, the girl just barley dodged the wolf.

"Excuse me" A voice said from behind the boy, he turned around to see Harry running at him.

Harry did a side flip, he bounced off a nearby rock and towards the Japanese boy. He kicked the boy in the chest before he landed, causing him to stumble back, he would've fell if not for the big rock that he backed up into.

Harry rushed towards him and punched him in the ribs, the boy yelped out in pain and was hit with a right hook across the face a second later. Harry grabbed the boy's wand arm and the back of his head, he pulled with both arms and kicked the boys legs at the same time, causing him to fall onto the floor.

The boy quickly rolled away and up to his feet, he tried to fire a cutting curse but Harry jumped in the air and kicked the boy in the face. He grabbed the boys wand arm and struck the wand out of his hand, eliminating the threat.

The boy growled and punched Harry in the ribs, he then reached down and picked Harry right up, he spun around a few times before tossing Harry up in the air. Harry grabbed the boy's shirt with his right hand as he was in the air and used his left to grab his wrist.

When Harry was brought back down by gravity he pulled the boy with him, the boy landed right on his face but didn't get much time with the pain as Harry had rolled them both so he was on top of the boy.

With a punch to the face, Harry had left the boy unconscious. He stood back up then barley dodged as a green blast made its way towards him, he saw the Japanese girl looking at him with a murderous expression.

Her clothes were a bit ripped and she had a few cuts on her legs and arms, probably from the wolf he had transfigured but she had managed to get rid of it. She fired another killing curse at Harry who rolled out of the way and he began running, dodging spell after spell. A few came close to killing him or at least causing some serious damage.

He picked up a rock mid-run and changed his direction and ran towards the girl, she fired a torture curse but Harry jumped off a nearby rock and above the spell. He spun mid-air and tossed the rock as hard as he could, the rock flew through the air and struck the girl in her wand hand, causing her to let go of the wand.

Harry continued running at her, unfortunately for him the girl had one last trick left, out of a pocket she pulled a full sized sword. Harry's eyes widened as she swung it towards him, once he got close enough, Harry dropped to his knees and slid past her.

He had knee burn now but that was worth keeping your head, he rolled and got back up to his feet. The girl swung her sword at him repeatedly, it was clear to Harry that she was very good with it and that it'd be in his best interest to take her seriously.

Harry ducked and dodged repeatedly, the girl was getting frustrated by the lack of blood on her sword. She went for his legs, Harry jumped up to avoid having his legs cut off and pulled out his wand at the same time.

He aimed it and her and shot a spell, she just about dodged then tried to slice Harry again. Harry rolled away to avoid being cut, he picked up a rock and tossed it at her face, the girl tried to block it but failed.

The rock bounced off her nose, causing pain in her face and blood to drip from her nostrils. Harry sent a disarming spell at her and the sword flew out of her hand, he followed up with a body binding spell and a stunner.

The girls stiff body landed on the ground, just as the sword came back down from the air and landed right next to her head. Narrowly avoiding impaling her skull.

His two opponents were down and Harry had won, the shield came down and the audience began cheering. Harry smiled as his friends cheered wildly for him, he heard Snuffles barking as loud as possible.

A little while later Harry was leaving the arena with the Greengrass family, Daphne was holding his arm and smiling at him. Snuffles was at his side, Rose was holding his leash.

"You were amazing" Astoria had said

"Yes he was" Daphne said proudly and kissed him on the cheek

"Yes I was" Harry grinned proudly

"Why did you hold back so much?" Daphne whispered into his ear

"Wanted it to last longer" Harry whispered back

"Harry, you were hit earlier" Roxanne said with a concerned voice "and that redheaded boy did throw you up in the air"

"Plus there was that knee burn from when I slid to avoid getting my head cut off" Harry replied "the knee burn was healed quickly, the fall didn't do much damage because I rolled to reduce the damage. The punch didn't do much damage, guy punched like a wimp"

"Hmm, I would've thought that a Japanese boy would know a bit more about fighting" Cyrus said thoughtfully

"Hmm, nice to know that my future father-in-law is the slightest bit racist" Harry said

"Wait, hang on a minute" Cyrus objected "I just…I…okay I admit that was the slightest bit racist"

"Just the slightest bit" Harry agreed, Snuffles barked to show that he also agreed.

"Yes, it was" Roxanne slapped Cyrus across the head

"I didn't mean it" Cyrus defended himself

"Ah Harry" A voice called from behind, the entire group stopped and a collective sigh came from them all. They turned around to see the twinkling eye of Dumbledore as the old man came towards them.

"May I help you?" Harry sighed

"It's a pleasure to see you here" Dumbledore smiled, either unaware or purposefully ignoring everyone's reaction

"Pleasure? Sure, let's call it that" Harry replied "now what do you want?"

"I wanted to congratulate you" Dumbledore continued smiling "it was an excellent match"

"Thank you , now if you don't mind we'll be off because we have better things to do"

"Like what?"

"Oh I don't know" Harry said while pretending to be in thought "going back to England, eating, having a shower or bath and snogging my girlfriend"

"Harry!" An embarrassed Daphne exclaimed "My parents are here"

"I'm aware" Harry said dismissively

"Don't talk about stuff like that in front of them"

"Oh come on, it's not like they don't know we've been snogging"

"I'd of been surprised if you haven't been" Cyrus admitted

"Me too" Roxanne agreed

"Told you" Harry grinned at her before turning back to the old man "is that all sir?"

"I did want to have a discussion with you" Dumbledore admitted, he had taken a guess about Harry entering the tournament again. Fortunately his guess was right

"Clearly, you've followed me all the way to Japan" Harry said "if you were a ninety plus years younger and a woman then I might have been flattered but at the moment I am incredibly worried. It's not often I've been followed by old men, last time that happened was….never, come to think of it."

"Very funny" Dumbledore half chuckled

"I don't find it to be" Cyrus interrupted "I mean, the joke was funny but I don't find you following my future son-in-law to be funny"

"Ah yes" Dumbledore was admittedly not happy about Harry's relationship with Daphne Greengrass, it had dawned on him how the relationship could affect him.

In his plans he wanted Adrian to marry Ginny, but he had never thought about Harry marrying Daphne Greengrass. If Harry did so then he would be the heir to the Black, Peverell, Potter, Flight and Greengrass family. He'd practically control the entire government, this also meant that Adrian wouldn't ever inherit the Potter fortune as any children in-between them would inherit the seats and fortune, leaving them out of Dumbledore's control.

Even if James and Lily wake up from their coma then Harry would still have the Black, Flight and Greengrass seats. He at first wanted them to break up but then Harry would still be left with two seats and Dumbledore realised it was better to have Harry on his side.

"You see" Dumbledore continued "I was simply visiting the Japanese minister, when I heard of the event and decided to attend" Dumbledore fibbed "but now that I'm here I was wondering if I could have a quick word with Harry in private"

"Nah, I'm a bit too tired for you at the moment, goodbye"

"Harry, I assure you that I need to discuss a serious matter with you"

"I assure you I don't care" Harry turned and the group followed

"That man" Roxanne sighed once they were far enough away "I've never liked him"

"You're not the only one" Harry responded.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 81 9
( Disc being rewirtten ) Harry's home life with his Aunt and Uncle is not pleasant. Because them abused Harry most of his life. Before his Godmother...
5.8K 170 14
Being called the heir of Slytherin wasn't easy for Harry. Many students harassed him while the teacher stood by doing nothing to help. After months o...
351K 9.8K 32
My name is Amara O'Connell. I wasn't born an O'Connell I was born a Potter. I have an older brother named James Potter Jr. When Voldemort came to at...
12.6K 239 7
Harry Potter son of Jameson and Lily Potter. Harry is the older brother Emmett Potter the 'wrongly' declared boy who lived. The night Voldemort attac...