【𝐒𝐢𝐡𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞】| John...

By CassTea

I'll try to update once/twice a week ^^ More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Night 1
Chapter 2 - Day 1
Chapter 3 - Day 1
Chapter 4 - The beginning.
Chapter 5 - Night 2 (Part 1)
Chapter 5 - (Pt. 2)
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8 (PT. 1/2)
Chapter 8 (PT. 2/2)

Chapter 9. (Back from hiatus!)

485 24 12
By CassTea

Some of y'all are STARVING for a new chapter so imma just leave the notes at the end 🐱

She had told her that a friend of hers had asked for her help, that she'd get fully paid and perhaps a small bonus. But really, since Faye had quit her job, she had been living off of her parents money, and yes it was enough to get her food and pay bills but damn it she was bored as hell.

When (y/n) asked what she was doing so early in the morning, which it wasn't even that early as it was 8 am, she wasn't about to worry her and tell her she had a nightmare and woke up because of it. So she stood up, walked towards the kitchen, made breakfast for her friend and afterwards, as soon as she didn't saw anything sweet enough to shove in her mouth, she walked towards the bathroom, but as soon as she passed her friends room she felt a chill running down her spine.

Well she had been inside her room of course, but somehow this felt like she was about to invade her privacy or even worse, like she was about to see something she shouldn't.
When she entered the room, she noticed nothing was out of the ordinary, kinda messy but not filthy at least so she didn't have to worry about her friend living in filth... However, as she was about to leave, she noticed a small wood stand behind the door, and when she fully got a closer look, that's when she jumped in disgust at the jar that was resting on top of it.

After that whole ordeal of her freaking out and her friend waking up to go comfort her, she felt something she had never felt before around (y/n). Her beautiful and amazing friend she loved and cared for so much... She felt like she had to get away from her. And this feeling made her nauseous, she had always felt safe and comfy around her, so why did she suddenly feel the urge to leave? Like she'd be in danger if she didn't... She knew she would never do something to hurt her, and yet right now she felt unsafe. She wasn't about to tell her that she felt unsafe and needed to leave, but she really had to, so she came up with the excuse of having to work.

But working is the last thing she'd do today. At first, Faye thought about visiting her friend at work... But her shifts were so flexible she didn't even know if she had work today and besides... Maybe it wasn't a good idea right now.
Going back home wasn't an option either, she was pretty bored and the last thing she wanted to do was go home and nap, after all if was pretty early.
So after a bit of pondering, she ended up in "Normal business district". Freaking weird name.
After brushing her teeth till her gums bled, she didn't feel like drinking coffee or anything for that matter, still she entered the small coffee and sat down. Maybe if they asked her to order something she'd have a soda, since that was what she could afford with the current money in her pocket.

Currently it was 10:30 something, (y/n) must've already gotten to the bazaar, at least if she left shortly after Faye did. But as she was checking the hour, her phone began to ring.
-"huh"- was all she muttered when she saw the caller's name. She answered.
-"hey Lu"-
-"Faye have you heard about (y/n)?? She hasn't answered to a single of my texts"- the voice on the other line was a quite worried Lucian. Faye furrowed hey eyebrows a bit, -"I mean she's not your girlfriend or anything to answer"- she replied, feeling a bit weird about his concern, after all they had met just once so he wasn't close enough to be worrying about her... At least that's what she thought, -"ok see- ugh, don't give me an attitude, I'm just worried about her"-. Faye rolled her eyes -"sure you are, knight in shining armour. Anyways yeah, she came home safe and sound yesterday and I stayed at her apartment to watch some movies. She's fine... But man, it's been two days, if she hasn't answered to your texts, then maybe she doesn't want to."-, she was met with a small silence on the other side of the line. -"oh... Anyways, thanks for letting me know she's fine"-, before he fully finished the sentence, Faye replied to his previous silence, -"no way, don't tell me you felt bad about her not replying. You haven't even talked to her while fully sober!"- -"you were the one who gave me her phone and got my hopes up, Faye!"- -"dude I just said she MIGHT like you, besides I was drunk anyways"- she now felt bad about giving her friends phone to someone without asking for her permission first. Even as she was giving him her number, she had a feeling at the back of her head that she shouldn't have been doing that, but she did and that made her feel like a bad friend. At least it was someone she knew, she wouldn't give her number, or any information for that matter, to a complete stranger.
-"anyways, thanks for letting me know about her. See you"-, before Faye could answer, he hung up. "Fragile ass" she thought while putting her phone down.

>>><<<

Walking with Doe wasn't so bad. You had gotten to the stage where you were comfy just being around him without the need to speak. Just then, you were already in "normal business district". -"weird ass name"- the words accidentally came out of your mouth. -"hm?"- the man beside you mutterd as he looked at you with curiosity, -"oh, nothing, sorry"-.

You were walking towards the Caffe you first entered when you got to this place. You sure had a weird experience with the food the first time you ate there, you'd like to experience that once more.
-"How does that place sound?"- you asked Doe while pointing at the café, -"Good, it's your choice after all, so it must be"- he said enthusiastically, you giggled at this.

>>><<<

-"... Oh for fucks sake."- As Faye saw you enter the café, she quickly hid under the table, almost spilling her forced-to-buy soda. "What is she doing here??" She asked herself... Wait-
As she peeked from down the table, she noticed another person walking right behind you... "Why the hell is a rat's nest with legs behind (y/n)?"... Those were her thoughts.

>>><<<

"So the first time I got here I got a sandwich... I think I'll order the same as that day... What about you?" You asked the man behind you, you smiled when you noticed him staring wide eyes at the menu, really thinking it through. -"... I'd rather pass"-, your smile faltered. -"Oh, are you sure?? If you don't have money I can buy it for you"- his smile widened. -"no, it's only that I had already eaten before, so I'm not hungry"- -"oh, I see."

>>><<<

"Who the hell is that guy and why's she practically begging him to eat?". You weren't, really.
Faye observed as her friend ordered her food, both of them standing aside while waiting for her order. You both were in complete different worlds, you were looking down at your hands, probably wondering if you should've gone to a different place, and that dude... Well he... Oh, he was just looking around. It was such a weird pair, the contrast between the both of you was so odd...

>>><<<

"Should we have gone to a different place?" You thought as you looked down. You felt kinda bad that you were gonna be the only one eating while he'd probably just watch you do it. Maybe we should've gone to a different place...
All the while, Doe was just thinking about how you'd probably feel bad and try to give him some of your food, which he'd gladly accept since it was from you.

Your eyes lightened up as a small plate with a sandwich and a glass of water were put in front of you. You grabbed it and looked around, you started to walk towards an empty table as Doe followed right behind.

>>><<<

"She's probably gonna feel bad and will try to give that thi-... That guy, some of her lunch" Faye thought. Being under the table wasn't too bad it seemed, but she had to go to the bathroom before risking someone coming to complain and catching your attention. So she quickly scurried over to the bathroom. Maybe if she wore the hoodie in her backpack, she could walk out the front door without you noticing.

>>><<<

You felt kinda bad seeing how you had a bigger than your hand sandwich and Doe was just starting at you, so you cut some of it, grabbed a napkin and used it as a plate. You slipped the food towards him. -"at least accompany me in eating, please?"-. Of course he wouldn't refuse.

From the table you were sitting, you were both facing each other, but you were facing towards the entrance and he was facing towards the kitchen and bathroom beside.
You took a deep breath just as you were about to take a bite out of your food... Small bites first.

Wait, how come...? Huh, why did it taste like your favourite food? And you could also feel your favourite texture in your mouth?... Wait this isn't so bad!.

>>><<<

Doe smiled at the sight of you enjoying your food. The way you eyes widened a bit and you had to stop chewing to try and take in the flavour, it was so cute, he wanted to take a bite out of his piece of food as well. While it wasn't as good as some other stuf he'd rather eat, he was just doing it because you asked him to. He took a bite... Teeth. He smiled.

She raised her face and asked if the food was good, If he liked the flavour. Doe answered that it was nice.

But he hadn't even finished half of it, when he felt a stare. He looked away from you and was quick to find why.

>>><<<

"It's just that there's no way that the guy she's been talking about... IS SHE BLIND?" Faye's thoughts were wild at the moment, all over the place. While she was at the bathroom, she sat there for a bit contemplating about you. She was trying to organise a mental tier list of your type. No person in the list was close to looking like him as far as she remembered. She could write a full on 40 minute video analysis on you and the type of people you liked, but suddenly she couldn't feel her ass anymore and she had to stand up from the toilet before it fell asleep.

She put on the hoodie and quickly headed outside, of course she washed her hands before leaving. And she stood behind a wall, slowly peaking through the corner, just to see what was going on. She saw you were smiling and the guy in front of you was too. But maybe she stared a bit too much because suddenly she felt a set of daggers being set on her. She furrowed her eyebrows at his face, what's with the attitude?

John Doe on the other hand, noticed how she was staring softly at you but as soon as he made eye contact she looked like she had seen shit. Your friend, Faye. Of course he remembered. The one who gave your phone number without permission, the one who leeches off of her parents and you while she's at it. What was her problem? Was she following you?

Doe was starting to get mad, and so was Faye because he must recognise her and still he looked at her like filth. They were just staring at each other.

>>><<<

Was it you or there was something weird in the air...?
Just as you were about to take another bite, you felt some kind of cramp in your mouth... Not actually a cramp, it was... Whatever this was it wasn't a cramp, more like an electric shock, like there was fucking static in your head. You gagged when swallowing the bite, and your ears began to ring. -"fuck!"- you almost screamed as you covered your ears. Doe immediately stopped staring at Faye and turned to look at you, completely worried.
He didn't even say anything, he just saw how you were covering your ears with a pained expression, and immediately reached out to you. He gently put his hands over yours and slightly pushed, as if to cover your ears better, you were trying to cover out sound, right?.
You felt a soft pressure over your hands... After a minute or so, you finally opened your eyes and slowly removed your hands from your ears. The hands around yours belonged to Doe, who was looking at you with a worried expression. You both looked at each other for a minute.
-"... I think I got a cramp in my tongue or something"- -"oh, I thought you just really disliked the music"- you stared at him with wide eyes, you started laughing.

You liked how he didn't stand up and started to ask "OMG ARE YOU OK?!???1". Which would've been a normal response actually, and if he had done it you wouldn't be mad. But it was almost as if he understood that what you needed at the moment wasn't more external stimuli, rather just time, which he gave you and in the process he also helped you with covering your ears.

He smiled at your laugh, a wide smile, just then he noticed how a hooded person quickly walked out the entrance. She had finally left.

>>><<<

She was going to go help you, she swears, but when he cupped your hands slightly, she just saw how you relaxed a bit... And then whatever had just happened just stopped when you went back to normal. You were even smiling with him.
Besides... She didn't want you to know that she wasn't actually working.
She quickly walked through the front door... You'd be fine.

>>><<<

When you looked back down at your sandwich, you felt icky. Maybe you had eaten enough.
-"hey... I'm sorry about that"- you apologized to Doe. You knew it wasn't your fault that whatever fucking software updater had just reset your nervous system decided to act up, but you still apologised.
-"But you shouldn't apologize, it's ok"- he replied.

You just decided to drink water.
-"... I can make it up to you with a walk to my apartment... I think I need to rest a bit. You can enter and I'll let you devour the cereal dust in my cupboard"-

And just like that, you both had a deal.

Me🤝 writing chapters at early hours of the morning when my brain is exhausted and I don't know if I'm being coherent.

Anyways!! I hope you guys liked this chapter, I wanted to play around with the characters lmao. I took a small hiatus because of insufferable stress, but I'm back :)

Thanks for reading!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103 1 53
I get a word from the random word generator and base a short story around that word. Or just write whatever. I'll try to update once a week on Friday...
62.3K 1.4K 17
Since there aren't really any Enid x male reader stories i decided to write one myself. (Also because i got a couple requests) Anyways hope you enjoy
183K 4.1K 30
First off all i'm not creative enough to think off a name. Second if there is something in here that you recognise it is possible i took inspiration...
174K 4.7K 35
Wednesday and Male Reader. Based on the popular Netflix series. The story will mainly focus on the OC(Y/N) and the interaction he has with Wednesda...