𝐅𝐎𝐎𝐋'𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃, chris s...

By NUTONMYDRACO

▌ 愚か者の金 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ❛ 𝒇𝒐𝒐𝒍'𝒔 𝒈𝒐𝒍𝒅 ❜ ࣪𓏲ּ ᥫ᭡ ₊ ⊹ ˑ ִֶ 𓂃 ✩ ❛ 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙞 �... More

𝐅𝐎𝐎𝐋'𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃.
001.
002.
003.
004.
005.
006.
007.
008.
009.
010.
011.
012.
013.
014.
015.
016.
017.
019.
020.
021.
022.
023.
024.
025.
026.
027.
028.
029.
030.
life update
031.

018.

6.8K 164 2.2K
By NUTONMYDRACO

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

₊❏❜ ⋮ ᶠᵒᵒˡ'ˢ ᵍᵒˡᵈ ⌒
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇
ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ

❝ 𝖽𝗈 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗍𝗋𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝗆𝖾? ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

SOMERVILLE HIGH and Cherry Creek High are schools that are known to be rivals. For many years, they have competed for the top and bring home the trophy to commemorate their win, and they've had their fair share. Today is an important day for the two schools but mostly for Chris. He has been waiting for this day to arrive since last school year, and he is more than ready to show his skills and passion.

It's the first football game of the school year. Being mid-November, it is the busiest month for him because of endless practice for their upcoming games, both home and away. As for today, it's a home game. Students rooting for the Highlanders or Eagles along with friends and families will be present today at the Dilboy Stadium where home games are held.

"Are you sure you want to wear my jersey?" Conrad asks through the speaker phone, sounds of him shuffling around as he gets prepared for the game that starts soon.

"Yes. I want to." Bianca unfolds the red-and-white jersey that has Conrad's number, 27, on it along with Eagles above his number, printed on the front. The duo have been doing well, getting to know each other more and more every time they spend time together. Though they could only hang out at night, it didn't bother them at all because what mattered most was being accompanied by one another.

"How are people at your school going to react? I don't want them to start spreading rumors about you." Worry fills Conrad's voice. The last thing he wants is to cause an issue all because Bianca is wearing another guy's jersey when she should be wearing Chris'.

Bianca didn't think it all the way through. Because of how much she's been thinking of Conrad and showing him off, she forgot for a split second that it was her school that Conrad's team is going to play against. She shuts her eyes as she tries to think of a way to make this work, though she knows that deep down there's no better solution. It's either she wears Conrad's jersey or not at all.

"You'll see me with it, I pro-" Bianca's words are cut off by a loud knock coming from her window. She turns her head to see Chris crouched down to keep his balance on the wooden platform atop the tree. "I'm gonna call you back. Kendall needs me to help her with something." Right away, she hangs up the phone and marches towards the bay window to open it for Chris.

"Hey, sunshine." A smirk on Chris' face appear as he enters her room with a shirt in his hand.

"I have a front door, you know," Bianca informs him in a murmur, laying down on her bed with her eyes focused on her phone that is held above her face.

"It's more romantic going up this way. You like it, don't lie to yourself," Chris smirks, only for Bianca to roll her eyes. She drops her phone on her stomach, sitting up to glance at Chris. Black shorts paired with a black wife-beater tank top, a baby blue baseball cap placed on backwards and a silver chain hanging from his neck, Chris sits comfortably in the bay window nook.

"Why are you here?" The girl sits up, her back rested on the headboard whilst she cuddles with her pink blanket.

Chris tosses a jersey on Bianca's lap, the shirt unfolding slightly after being thrown. "Wear that at the game." Bianca unfolds it all the way, seeing number 3 on the front and back of the short-sleeve shirt, along with Highlanders printed above the number at the front. The shirt smelt like him; crisp bergamot and spicy pepper, followed by floral, amber, vanilla and cedar. Bianca would be lying if she said she isn't fond of his scent.

The game is set to start soon, but Chris made a brief decision to drop by the girl's house to give his spare jersey to her. The idea didn't even cross his mind until Matt mentioned Elle wearing his tonight, and it was as if a lightbulb turned on in his brain. Next thing you know, he was driving to the girl's house, and showing up unannounced at her window.

His eyes shift to the other jersey on her bed, his jaw clenching at the sight as he knows all too well that it belongs to Conrad. Nonetheless, he knows she can't wear it because of people at their school being present at the stadium.

"I don't think it's good to wear a rival's jersey," he blurts out, a smirk on his face.

"Are you done?"

"I'm just saying-"

"Out. I need to get ready." Bianca gets up from the bed, opening the window behind Chris to show him the way out. He doesn't budge from his seat, instead he just stares up at Bianca with amusement behind his eyes. One thing about him is that he loves to get under her skin, he knows it doesn't take much effort to irritate her which only makes it more enjoyable for him.

"I'm going, I'm going." He climbs out of the window, balancing on the wooden platform that leads to the tree. A lopsided grin still on his face when he turns around to face Bianca who is watching as he leaves. "I'll see you later, baby. Wear my jersey for your boyfriend, Connor, to see, yeah?"

Bianca rolls her eyes, knowing it's been an ongoing thing where Chris purposely mispronounces Conrad's name out of spite. It's to the point where she does not even make an effort to correct him - it's not like he'll listen anyway. She shooes him away, closing the window before going to her vanity to get herself dolled up for tonight.

Skin tint to give her skin a radiant glow. Concealer under her eyes, and on her imperfections to brighten certain areas and cover the blemishes she wishes to cover. Contour on the hollows of her cheeks, her temples, her jawline, her nose, and her forehead to emphasize a few of her features. Liquid blush on the apples of her cheeks, blending them up with her fingers to make her look flushed. Setting powder all over her face to ensure her makeup stays intact until the end of the night. Powdered bronzer on the top of her cheeks and on her forehead to bring warmth back to her face. Powdered contour on her nose to accentuate it to make it appear more sculpted. Powdered blush on her cheeks and a bit on the top of her nose to bring the flushed color back to her features that were faded away from the setting powder. Tan colored eyeshadow and a bit of white on her eyelids, softly blended to add some color. Highlighter above her cheekbones, the tip of her nose, and inner corners of her eyes to make certain features on her face glow under the lights. Brow gel on her already dark and full eyebrows to set them down. Mascara on her long, black eyelashes to make her eyes more prominent and hypnotizing to gaze at. Clear lip gloss on her naturally plump lips to make them appear more hydrated and luscious. Setting spray to set everything down and make the look stay all night long.

Bianca grabs a pair of wide-legged jeans that sits atop the foot of her bed. She puts it on, buttoning it up and let the waistline hug her curves elegantly. She then stares at the two different jerseys on her bed, her eyes switching back and forth between Chris' and Conrad's. She doesn't know what to do; she told Conrad she wants to wear his and lied to him about why she needed to hang up the call but it's not much of a thinker as to why she has to wear Chris' because majority of the audience will be students at their school since it's a home game. With a sigh, she takes Chris' jersey and puts it on. Though, it reaches down to her hips and so, she ties it just by her waist - securing it with a black hair tie that was once on her wrist. After, she returns to her vanity to get her hair sorted out; a slicked back high ponytail, decorated with a black ribbon around the hair tie that secures her hair.

Just then, her phone rings, and she sees Elle's name across the screen. Bianca picks up her phone as she slides her thumb over to answer the call whilst going to her closet to find a pair of shoes to wear. "Hello?" She asks softly, the phone trapped in between her shoulder and ear.

"Hi, Bia! I'm on my way to the game, do you need a ride?"

"That would be perfect. Thank you so much." A sigh of relief escapes Bianca's lips. Because she is still new to Somerville, she still doesn't know her way around the city that well and she could easily get lost if she were to explore by herself.

"Of course! I'm turning to your street, I'll be there in a few seconds."

Bianca says a brief 'okay' before hanging up to descend down the stairs. The house is empty and full of silence, making it better for her since she doesn't have to hear any coos from Natasha about wearing Chris' jersey, and Kendall asking her when she suddenly became a P-D-A type of person. See, Bianca was not shy about expressing her annoyance when it comes to seeing people display their relationship so publicly and affectionately. Spotting couples who do things like embrace one another in the middle of a busy sidewalk down in the streets of Los Angeles or kissing whilst many people passed them by always annoyed her, and she would call Kendall every time to go on a three minute tangent over it. She still loathes it to this day, but because of being in a 'relationship,' she has to pretend that she loves the public display of affection too.

A few seconds like mentioned has gone by, the girl receiving a text from Elle that she is parked out front. Bianca exits the house, locking the door behind her and hastily making her way to the other teenager's car to not keep her waiting. Right away, she is greeted by Elle in her boyfriend's jersey paired with a pair of simple black leggings. Her long brunette hair separated into two near Dutch braids and two white face paint strips across the apples of her cheeks. With a huge excited smile on her face, she greets Bianca with much enthusiasm. "Hi!"

One thing Bianca has admired about Elle from the moment she met her is her refreshing energy. There is never a day where Elle is frowning. She wishes she were smiling like her all the time.

"Hi, Ellie!"

"Are you excited? God, I've missed football season."

Bianca chuckles. "I am, but I know nothing about football. I'll just cheer when we get a touchdown." Elle laughs, finding it understandable. She then goes on a little story on how Matt taught her the basics of the sport, and how she spent a week watching football game clips to understand the terms and everything to make it easier for her to know what her boyfriend is doing.

Their love is everything.

Elle offers Bianca to connect to the aux, letting her play whatever song she would like. It doesn't take long until she finds her current favorite song; Little White Lies by the one and only, One Direction.

That's all I'm thinking about,
All I keep thinking about,
Everything else just fades away

If this room was burning, I wouldn't even notice
'Cause you've been taking up my mind
With your little white lies, little white lies

Bianca and Elle break out into a song, loudly singing along to the slow tempo music. Their voices interlocking together to sound as one, singing with so much passion whilst pretending they are both holding an imaginary microphone. Ever since they met, they have gotten a lot closer. When Bianca is in need of a friend, she goes to Elle just to dump all her emotions. When Elle needs to word vomit about something that has been bothering her, she goes to Bianca. They cherish their friendship so much, and they have the boys to thank for introducing them to one another.

The duo enter the bleachers with their arms linked together, seeing almost every seat taken and everyone occupied by their own conversations. Almost everyone has a homemade sign in their hands, decorated with big letters, drawings, stickers and lots of glitter. Bianca searches for open seats, only for it to be at the front by the chain link fence. She pulls Elle to the free space, sitting down as they wait for the game to start at any minute now.

Out on the field are the two teams, warming up on opposite ends, their mind set on the game that is set to begin soon. Bianca scans the field, her eyes landing on a certain boy whose back is facing the bleachers with his helmet trapped between his arm and his side. She watches as he turns around, and she did not expect for her breath to hitch. Brown shaggy hair, knitted eyebrows, mouth chewing his gum which makes his jaw clench after every bite, and the eye black painted on either side of his face. The sight of Chris in the same jersey she's wearing makes her throat dry, and her eyes set on his figure. They follow his every move. The way he points at the other players, the way he throws a football with ease and strength, the way he catches it with one hand only, the way his silver cross necklace dangles from his neck when he crouched down or how it dances around as he runs, the way he shakes his hair away from his face, the way his eyes searches the crowd. Even from afar, she could spot his smirk the moment he caught a glimpse of her at the bleachers.

She breaks eye contact with him as she feels her face heat up suddenly. To refrain from grinning, she traps her bottom lip in between her teeth whilst her eyes wander elsewhere. On the other side, Bianca spots Conrad talking to his teammates whilst laughing along during their conversations. She was so zoned out by watching him that she did not notice Chris walking across the field to her until Elle nudged her with her elbow to catch her attention.

"What?" She asks, utterly clueless. Elle nods to Chris standing below the bleachers with his helmet in his hand. Bianca takes a step toward the chain link fence, crouching slightly over to hear him better for what he has to say.

Bianca was expecting him to say something, instead he unclips the silver necklace from his neck and stretches his hand out for her to take it. Reluctantly, Bianca grabs it from him; though, the confusion on her face is evident to which Chris chuckles at.

"Keep it safe for me, will you, baby?" He asks, a wide smirk on his face. "Nice jersey, by the way." He walks backwards with his eyes still on her before turning around to run towards the field as the game begins. Bianca was left stunned as she holds the necklace in her hand, a blush creeping up to her cheeks whilst her heart beats at ninety miles per hour.

As she stands behind the fence, her eyes diverts to a particular cheerleader that was watching her entire interaction with Chris; Amyra. Her judging stare and childish attitude were enough for Bianca to sense their jealousy. Subtly, she smirks to herself after catching a glimpse of her jealousy and the big frown on her face.

Elle smiles as she returns, her eyes diverting to the necklace in Bianca's hand. "Do you want me to put it on for you?"

Bianca gulps, but she nods, nonetheless. "Yeah, sure. Thanks." She hands the silver jewelry to Elle, getting her ponytail out of the way as the other girl clasps it around her neck. Absentmindedly, Bianca fiddles with the pendant with her fingers, getting surprised by the cold sensation from the metal.

Just then, cheers from the crowd erupt as the school band and cheerleaders on the field arrange themselves in a row facing each other whilst two cheerleaders hold either side of a big paper banner. A smile on Bianca's face appears when she sees her Kendall in the crowd, being one of the cheerleaders holding the banner. She cheers loudly for her cousin from afar, even if Kendall couldn't hear it from a distance.

The screams and claps got even louder as the Highlanders run together, and break through the paper banner with one of the players carrying a big flag that has the school logo printed on it. Bianca cheers loudly along with the crowd, a wide grin on her face the entire time. She spots Chris by Matt, River, and Evan in the sea of football players, a smug look on his face as he eyes the opponent team.

After the national anthem was played by the school band, the two teams divide to stand on their side of the field. The referee brings in the quarterback from each team to call heads or tails, to which it lands on tails, making it the Highlanders' play.

The players on both sides get into their positions as a kicker on the defense team gets ready to do his job. The moment the ball was kicked in the air, one of the players on the offense team runs to catch it and when he does, he throws it to Chris from a great distance. The players on both teams tackle one another, their helmets clanking together from the forceful contact as Chris makes a run for it towards the end zone across the field.

The screams from the bleachers progressively get louder as Chris gets closer to the end zone, turning and skillfully dogging incoming defense players to tackle him down. Victoriously, Chris makes it to the end, making the crowd go wild. He drops the balls to the ground as his teammates run up to him to celebrate their first touchdown of the game as they start off strong. Matt daps him up, their hands clutched together as the middle triplet pats Chris on the back. Evan and River come up to him, patting the top of his helmet whilst cheering. Nick on the sidelines, claps for his brother before bringing the camera to his eye as he snaps a few pictures of the moment.

Bianca, along with everyone, claps and cheers as she lets out a relieving breath. The way the players were running up to Chris to tackle him made Bianca hold her breath the entire time, in fears that he could get injured at any moment.

The members line up at the fifty yard line with the Highlanders still in offense. The quarterback, which happens to be Evan, yells a cadence. He makes eye contact with Chris, who is the wide receiver to let him know to catch it once the ball is snapped. "Down! Set! Hut!"

Evan takes a little step back before throwing the ball at the downfield to which Chris runs to, catching it effortlessly as he makes a run for it once more. He outruns the defensive opponents for the second time tonight, using quick turns on receiving routes as other teammates help him out by tackling the opponents to the ground.

Just like the first time, another touchdown calls for victory.

Bianca jumps from her seat, clapping and smiling widely at his second touchdown of the night. She screams with the crowd as she holds Elle's hand from the excitement that runs through her veins. She sees Chris dapping his teammates up as they walk back to their position at the fifty yard line.

Because they scored, the Eagles now have possession. Conrad, the quarterback, gets in position, yelling a cadence as well just before the ball is snapped. In his hand comes the ball, and he makes the decision to run it just as the defense team, the Highlanders, goes for him. Playing defensive back, Chris goes for Conrad to stop him from making it to the end zone.

Like it was nothing, Chris tackles Conrad to the ground. Their helmets colliding against each other as they land on the ground harshly, making Conrad lose possession of the ball.

A mixture of oohs and cheers come from the audience when Conrad was slammed to the ground. Bianca watches as Chris gets up and walks away without batting an eye at the other boy on the ground. Just from his demeanor, the girl can tell that Chris is in a competitive mindset, and will do anything to win tonight's game.

Suspense fills the stadium as the game only has mere seconds left, and the both teams have a score of 24 on the scoreboard. The Highlanders have possession of the ball, and this is their last chance to bring it home. Every single person at the bleachers as well as the coaches and cheerleaders down below watch intently as the third down begins, their hearts beating at a fast pace. Bianca clutches Elle's hand tightly as the two watch in anticipation, their anxiety at an all time high whilst they shift their eyes back and forth between the field to the clock on the board.

00:15

With only thirty-five yards left to make it to the end zone, the offense team's concentration only strengthens. Evan does his call, his eyes landing on Chris as subtly as possible to silently communicate with him. "Set! Hut!"

Immediately, Evan goes to throw the ball downfield whilst the offensive linemen, Matt and River being one of them, tackle the defensive linemen to give him a window of opportunity. Chris makes a run for it to catch the ball with his hands, dogging any opponents that are after him.

00:09

Chris turns away from any of the defensive players, being strategic with his moves as he plans to win this for the team. The sound of the cheers coming from the bleachers and cheerleaders only fuels his determination even more.

00:04

With only four seconds left on the clock, Chris is ten yards away from the end zone, but his legs only work harder as he speeds up to make it home just in time. The crowd counts down with the clock, making him run even faster than he usually does.

00:02

A smirk on his face appears when he sees that he is only a yard away. With his arms in the air along with the ball in his gloved hand, Chris makes his fifth touchdown of the night, making the crowd go wild as they run up to the field to celebrate tonight's victory.

00:00

Screams fill the stadium as almost every student from Somerville High make their way to the turf, dancing around and hyping up the wide receiver who gave them the additional three points that broke the tie. Bianca and Elle stay back to avoid getting stepped on and ambushed in the gigantic crowd, watching in awe as the victorious team take in the support from the crowd.

When the screams dialed down, that's when the two girls march towards their boys to congratulate them along with the whole team. Chris had his back facing Bianca as he drinks his cold Gatorade from his squeeze-bottle whilst he conversates with Evan, who has his girlfriend by his side. Chris wasn't aware of Bianca being behind him until he sees Elle run up to Matt excitedly, embracing him before giving him a kiss.

When he turns around, Bianca swears she felt her breath get stuck in her throat and her heartbeat stop. Sweaty, shaggy hair, eye black smeared on his face from the sweat he worked up the whole game, the end of his mouth guard trapped in between the side of his teeth. Chris takes his mouth guard away from his mouth as a lopsided grin appears on his face, his finger looping around Bianca's belt loop to pull her in. "Hey, baby."

The butterflies appear in Bianca's stomach, swimming around as their wings tickle her insides, making goosebumps rise from her arms. All because of a nickname. She swallows a lump in her throat, finding the courage to finally speak as she fears she has been staring at Chris for a full minute without saying anything. "Hi."

Chris' hand moves up to her waist, rubbing his thumb softly on the exposed skin. He has never seen her this flustered before, and to have Conrad see this from a distance only makes it even better. He sees Conrad's cold gaze, his clenched jaw as he stares at his hand on Bianca's waist.

"Your poor boy doesn't look too happy," Chris whispers to Bianca, a smug look on his face as he mentions it.

Losing a game and seeing Bianca with me right after as she wears my jersey? Ouch, he thinks to himself.

Bianca turns her head to look at Conrad, who is clearly in a bad mood as he packs up his things in his bag. She can't help but feel guilty for not running up to him first after the game, but both of them knew that they couldn't even if the urge was too hard to fight.

"Yo, Chris," a boy with dreads, Jesiah, who plays as the running back, walks up to the boy. "The team's celebrating at Andre's house. You coming with?"

Chris nods, "I'll meet you guys there."

Jesiah nods, turning around to catch up with the rest of the team. Evan and his girlfriend, Jaden, were next to follow behind as the two were in need of food. Chris daps up Matt and Nick, and hugs Elle briefly before they part ways as they walk down to the parking lot to Elle's car. Meanwhile, Chris still has his hand on Bianca's waist, to which surprises him because the girl would've walked away from his touch by now.

"I'm gonna hit the showers quickly. You can wait in my car if you're cold." Bianca nods as she walks beside Chris whilst they march towards the locker room where the boy has all his belongings in. The girl stands outside of the room as Chris slips past her, his hand brushing the back of her exposed skin as he enters the locker room. Moments go by, and he comes back with the keys in his hand, extending his arm out to give it to Bianca.

"You're really trusting me with your keys?"

Chris chuckles, "first of all, you can't drive so you can't even make a getaway with my car." Bianca rolls her eyes as she turns around to walk away from him, but he catches her arm which makes her stop in her tracks. She turns back to face him, her eyebrows raised to wait for any remarks he has.

"I like how my necklace looks on you." A smirk on his face before he disappears inside the locker room.

That smirk. That stupid smirk that makes Bianca's cheeks heat up from being flustered. That stupid smirk that makes her knees go weak just a tad. That stupid smirk that is engraved in her mind, to which she pictures so often but secretly. That stupid smirk that makes her forget how to breathe at time. That stupid smirk.

She shakes her head as if it would erase the thought of Chris' lopsided grin out of her mind. Walking towards the parking lot, she sees Conrad placing his gym bag in his trunk with a blank look on his face, not much emotion to read. She mentally prepares herself on what to say as her feet lead her towards him like they have a mind of their own. With a clear of her throat, Conrad looks up to meet his eyes with hers.

"Hi," she greets him softly, her fingers fiddling with Chris' keys.

"Hi," Conrad responds, his response short and his voice not as soft as it normally sounded.

"I'm sorry you guys lost tonight," Bianca attempts to spark up a small conversation with him. The both of them knowing there are bigger things to address.

"Yeah. So am I." His dry response only makes Bianca rolls her eyes. She's not used to his attitude, but she knows that it's mostly from the loss he and his teammates took.

"What's wrong?"

Conrad shrugs, his lips pursed into a thin line as he feels like it's not worth mentioning after he reassured her many times that he's not the jealous type. Bianca sighs, her eyes fluttering shut momentarily as she swallows the lump stuck in her throat.

"Look, I'm sorry I didn't wear your jersey today. I know that I-"

"I don't care about the jersey, Bianca. I just," he interjects, a dry chuckle escaping from his lips. "I just wished I could be the one you went to after the game, instead of him."

Her eyebrows furrow, finding his jealousy a surprise. "I'm sorry. You know that-"

"Yeah," he sighs, his eyes wandering around past her. "I know. You had to go to him, yes, I know. I'm just being dramatic, it's fine."

"No, it's not fine. You're clearly upset over it." One thing Bianca hates the most is when someone is upset over something she did, and this guilt will only eat her up if Conrad were to push his feelings aside as if it doesn't matter.

"Bianca, it's fine. You chose him, you had to anyway. I gotta go, I'll call you, okay?" Conrad gives her a brief embrace, kissing her forehead before he gets inside his car and drive off. Bianca tilts her head up as she sighs heavily, her eyes shut as she grows upset over Conrad being upset. She goes to find Chris' car which was only a few cars down from where Conrad was parked, unlocking it to sit inside and sulk like a little girl who was told she couldn't get the doll she saw at a toy store.

She didn't realize how complicated it was to be with Conrad whilst pretending to be dating Chris until now. Sure, they spend time together at night when half the city is asleep, but they can't be together during daylight or run up to him after games like she wish she could. If they were to hang out during the day, distance must be kept between them and linked arms or an arm around her shoulder would mean something else to a city small enough for almost everyone to know each other.

Moments of silence passed and Chris is back in a black tee and grey sweatpants with his gym bag and it's strap hanging from his shoulder, along with his wet hair that shows he was fresh out of the shower. His stride is slow, most likely from being exhausted due to the amount of running he did tonight. His fingers comb his hair away from his face, whilst his other hand scrolls on his phone. Looking up as he nears his vehicle, he sees Bianca with a frown on her face as she stares at basically nothing, completely zoned out. It's rare for him to see her frowning, whenever he is with her she is always smiling.

Once he's in front of his car, he opens the backseat door to toss his bag inside without much care before entering the driver's seat and starting the car. Glancing at the girl, he asks out of pure curiosity. "What's wrong?"

Bianca snaps back to reality, shaking her head to dismiss his question. "Nothing." Lies.

"I wasn't born yesterday, Bianca," he rolls his eyes, leaning back in his seat with his legs spread out in front of him and his arms crossed over his chest. He makes no plan to drive off until she rants about whatever it is that's bothering it, not caring if it takes her an hour to finish.

"It's nothing."

"Fine," Chris shrugs. "Don't tell me, but you know we're not leaving until you tell me, yeah?"

Sighing, Bianca plays with her fingers, picking at her skin ever so often as she forms the words in her head. She knows it's no use telling Chris to ignore it - he is just as stubborn as she is and she hates it. "I don't want you to make it a big deal and make fun of him."

"I won't." Depends.

"You promise?"

"Sure." Lie.

"No, that's not a valid response. Do you promise?" Her doe eyes meet his, her pinky sticking out for him to loop around with his pinky.

Chris rolls his eyes, connecting his pinky around with hers, letting it linger there for a few seconds before pulling it away. "Promise."

"Okay," she sighs. "Conrad was upset that I went to you instead of him after the game and I know he said he didn't care about the jersey, but I could tell he was upset about it too. I just feel bad that I made him upset even more."

Silence fills the car, confusing Bianca because Chris would definitely say something by now. She looks up from her lap, turning her head to glance at Chris, noticing that he has his bottom lip tucked in between his teeth as he stares through the windshield. With a defeated sigh and a roll of her eyes, Bianca slumps in her seat with her arms crossed. "Go on. Say it," she grumbles, knowing he had some remark already formed in his mind.

"Connor's jealous of me, huh?" A smirk makes its way on his face, his head slightly turning to lazily gaze at Bianca's side profile.

"Don't let it get to your head too much."

"Tell him I said thank you. He just boosted my ego." He drives away from the parking lot with a smug smile.

"So, you guys been together since September?" Jesiah, the boy who went up to Chris earlier after the game, asks Bianca.

The football team, cheerleaders, and other guests are at Andre's house, who is the other wide receiver along with Chris. The sound of Freestyle by Lil Baby blares through the speakers, the bass of the song vibrating through the walls. Red cups litter around the house, some empty and some filled with vodka and coke. Conversations unfold in every corner of the residence, everyone getting along and lost in their own world. As for Chris and Bianca, they are in the living room, sitting comfortable on the couch with the boy's arm behind the girl, loosely around her waist as he squeezes her side ever so often. Bianca didn't care, she was too tired to put up a fight or be difficult.

"Yeah," Bianca answers far too quickly. If she were to be honest, she hasn't been keeping up with the timeline of their fake relationship - but what she does remember is Chris exaggerating to River's mom when she asked him how long they have been dating, and he mentioned the month of September to her even though they only knew each other for a few weeks that time.

Jesiah squints his eyes, leaning forward from the accent chair he's sitting on. A blunt is in between his fingers, the faint smile escapeing from the lit end of it. Bianca wonders if he's supposed to even be smoking during football season as it could affect his stamina, but she keeps that to herself and lets the boy live the way he wants to.

"I ain't never seen you two act like you datin' and shit. Maybe I'm just too high, but y'all don't look like a couple to me," Jesiah shrugs, inhaling deeply to let the smoke enter his lungs as he remains his eyes on the two.

"Bro, I literally have my arm around her," Chris deadpans his friend.

"So?" He shrugs once more. "I can put my arm around Kendall. That doesn't mean I'm datin' her, we could be just friends."

"You deadass don't think we're dating?" Chris' eyebrows are raised. His thumb caressing the exposed skin of Bianca's waist out of habit, his legs spreading wider as he gets comfortable in his seat.

Jesiah shakes his head, his eyes low and his dreads covering his eyes slightly. "Nah."

Chris turns his head to Bianca, getting closer to her ear. His breath fans over her skin, goosebumps rising from her arms as he leans in. "Are you okay with doing something a little crazy?" He whispers.

Bianca turns her head, the distance between their face is small, but there's enough space for her to look at his low eyes. She gulps, her eyes flickering to his lips. "How crazy are we talking?" She whispers back.

"Kiss me."

"W-what?" Bianca's eyes widen slightly, the pace of her heart earth quickening by the second as her gaze stays on his lips.

"Do you trust me?" He asks, softly.

"Yes."

Before Bianca could even take in a deep breath, Chris attaches his lips to hers. His lips feel soft. It feels like kissing a cloud. The deafening noise of the music suddenly turns into silence, and it felt like it was just them in a room full of people. Suddenly, it was like no one existed except them. When Bianca kissed Conrad, fireworks were all she heard. Now that she's interlocking lips with Chris, silence is all she hears.

For some odd reason, the silence is much louder.

Her hand reaches to his jaw, cupping his face as the two remain this way for a few moments before they pull away in unison to catch their breath. Words seem to not exist to Bianca as she sits there, just gazing at Chris with her doe eyes as a blush creeps up to tint her cheeks scarlet. She never realized just how blue his eyes were, so much so that it resembles the sky on clear, sunny days.

"You believe us now?" Chris asks, his arm wrapping around her waist better, his hand slightly atop her stomach as his thumb continues to caress her skin comfortingly.

"Shit," Jesiah raises his brows in surprise, not expecting them to kiss to prove their relationship. Nonetheless, he fell for it just as planned.

Chris smirks to himself. He turns his head to glance at Bianca, only to see her completely in another universe as her eyes haven't left his from the moment they pulled away from the kiss. "You okay?" He whispers, leaning closer to check on her. His hand squeezing her side to bring her back to the real world.

"Um," she gulps, pushing away from him as she stands up from her seat. "I'll be back. I need to, um, use the bathroom." She disappears to the crowd hastily, not giving Chris a chance to say anything else. Pushing bodies to the side, turning left and right to find the nearest bathroom, Bianca locks the door behind her once she finds it. Exhaling deeply, she glances at herself in the mirror ahead. Her cheeks are redder than cherries, her lips are slightly plump and pinker than usual, her eyes are widened like she just got jump-scared by a horror movie, her heart is pounding out of her chest, her mouth is suddenly running dry, her hands are trembling.

This kiss, it was different. It felt completely different, and the worst part is she liked it. She liked the way his lips felt on hers. It was different. It was the kind of kiss that makes you believe it was just you two. It was a kiss that makes you miss their lips already. It was a kiss that felt like poetry. It was a kiss that felt like the happy ending of a fairytale. It was a kiss that made the time stop. It was a kiss that made her feel alive.

And that scares her.

ੈ✩‧₊˚ chat with gian! *ੈ✩‧₊˚

ok so that happened.

y'all that literally had
me walking around the
house i'm not even joking

oh my god???

also please note
that i know absolutely
nothing about american
football but i tried my
best to describe the game
with the help of google
and youtube to help breakdown
the play for me as well as
my bff / sister -txmholland
who was super patient
with me after i asked her
many many questions
regarding football
i love u lindsey <3

6.8k words of pure madness
just for u!

i love u

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

956K 20.5K 74
❛ 𝘪𝘮 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘧𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥. 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘰𝘳 𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳'𝘴 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘴 𝘰𝘧𝘧? ❜ ❛ 𝘯...
651K 10.1K 44
-'𝜗𝜚'- 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 ⎯ chris sturniolo winds up messaging a stranger without realising his mistake and somehow...
391K 7.5K 52
𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐰 𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐨 𝐱 𝐟𝐞𝐦 𝐨𝐜 --- 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 𝘌𝘷𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵...
196K 3.8K 40
❝Your voice is deeper in real life❝ ❝You're so much cuter in real life❝ (🎵) 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 a relatively unknown singer, 𝘀𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗶𝗮 𝗱𝗮𝘃𝗶𝘀, fi...