Shadow and Bone Imagines and...

By queer-red-panda

IMAGINES FOR THE CHARACTERS OF SHADOW AND BONE Imagines for: • Inej Ghafa • Alina Starkov • Nina Zenik • Zoy... More

🖤INEJ GHAFA IMAGINES🖤
💛ALINA STARKOV IMAGINES💛
❤️GENYA SAFIN IMAGINES❤️
💜NINA ZENIK IMAGINES💜
💙ZOYA NAZYLENSKY IMAGINES💙
🤍KAZ BREKKER IMAGINES🤍

Come Home

510 13 2
By queer-red-panda

Summary: Inej finally gets a break from her work for Kaz, and comes home to you; her girlfriend.

Inej Ghafa x Ravkan!Reader
———

You were a simple young woman, happy with what you had. You managed to get some money by working at the Crow Club, cleaning glasses, making drinks. Basic bartender jobs. You saved and saved till you had enough to get a small apartment, not too far from the Club itself.

However, what made it feel like a home was your girlfriend; none other than the feared Wraith herself.

The evening was a simple one. You'd asked for some leave from Kaz, who had granted it to you, knowing that you'd worked overtime for him for many days.

You were happy, and were taking your break very seriously; having slept in for the first time in weeks, eaten your favourite breakfast, gone out and had gone to the market, wanting to buy some groceries for dinner.

Truth be told, you missed her. Inej, that is. It had been days since you'd last seen her, and you were, indeed, sick of waking up to an empty bed every morning, sick of not having her to embrace you at night, sick of not having someone to pray with before dinner.

You were sick of not having Inej with you, just the two of you, unafraid of the world.

So, you came back home, sighing at the emptiness. Though you were used to it, it was not a pleasant feeling.

Your bags made a full 'thump' as you placed them on the counter, opening the cabinets and putting them away. Tins of peaches, some meat, the usual stuff.

You and Kaz shared an ability to hear Inej even when she was being silent as a mouse. So, when you heard her silent footsteps against the floorboard, almost inaudibly pressing against the dull wood, you turned around with a smile on your face.

"Ah, seems like my Wraith has come home at last," you chuckled, leaning against the counter and crossing your arms.

She laughed softly, the pleasant sound reaching your ears and making your heart flutter as she did.

"Kaz likes to keep me busy, you know this," she replied, moving towards you and pushing a lock of hair behind your ear, before cupping your cheek with her hand lovingly.

"Hm...he does so to me as well, yet here I am with a day off," you grinned, standing straight and wrapping your arms around her waist. You could feel her knives in her belt and smiled softly, "You know you can place your Saints away for now. You're safe here."

Inej looked down with a smile and looked back up at you, "You always say just the right things and it's infuriating."

You kissed her nose and laughed, "You love it, though. Now go take a shower, I'll set up some dinner."

"Nothing too fancy, I hope?" Replied the Suli, eyes moving away from you as she stepped back. She pulled off her coat, placing it next to yours on the hanger before she began taking out all her knives, whispering each of their names as she did.

"Obviously not," you chuckled, pulling out a few things from the cabinets you'd restocked. "You know I can cook barely anything."

"For a bartender, you know surprisingly little around a kitchen" Inej quipped, earning a small but gentle whack upside the head from you.

"I will have you know that I could poison your food, Wraith," you gasped in fake offence. "And bartenders make salted peanuts and alcohol, not food."

"First of all, how rude," the girl gasped, rubbing the back of her head where you'd hit her. "You know I'm joking!"

"Naturally," you shrugged. "Now, bathe, please, you reek of the sewers. Chicken and rice, like always?"

"Of course, my love," the Suli bowed formally at you, earning a playful eye roll from your end.

Once she'd bathed, she could smell your chicken gravy and rice from the kitchen, and it made her mouth water. She watched as you cooked, humming a soft tune to yourself. Both your parents had been musicians and you had inherited their gift of song.

She walked up behind you, soundlessly, but you caught her before she could catch a taste of the gravy.

"No you don't, darling," you chuckled, catching her wrist. "We pray, then we eat."

"How can you hear me when I make no sound?" She asked incredulously.

You laughed and nudged her shoulder, smiling, "You're not as soundless as you believe you are, Inej Ghafa. I'll always hear you."

"Is that another loopy Ravkan way of saying you love me?" She teased with a laugh.

"Maybe," you chuckled, turning the gas off and taking the gravy container to cool. "Could you set the table for me please, darling?"

"Of course, my love," the woman nodded, going to the table and placing plates as well as mats for the food. She filled some glasses with water, and pulled the chair for you.

Your quick eyes noticed the knife in her hair that held up her bun and placed the gravy container on the table, shaking out the rag which you used to protect your hands from the heat.

"Darling," you said with a frown, leaning against the table with one hand on your hip. "All knives away, please."

She sighed, "You always catch me," pulling the knife from her hair, she shook it out, letting the straight dark locks fall down her back smoothly. "There."

"Done," you smiled, going back to the kitchen to take the rice bowl from there.

Inej watched and couldn't help but feel grateful for you. When she had no one to lean on, you were there. And she was more than happy for it.

You sat down in front of her, having placed the bowl of rice beside the gravy.

You both then joined your hands and prayed, before digging into the food.

"This is the best food I have had in weeks," said Inej, her mouth full.

"Mhm," you hummed, giggling softly. "Now tell me, how's it been without me?"

"Torture," she replied, taking another bite. "But I've had interesting adventures."

"Ooh," you grinned, "Tell me more."

So, you listened intently while she narrated her stories, just like always. She'd come back from a mission and you would listen to her tell you about it over chicken, rice, and maybe a little bit of whiskey.

Once you both had finished dinner and were all cleared up, you went to the bathroom to change.

"You know you don't need privacy to change," said Inej, leaning her shoulder against the closed door's frame. "There's nothing on you that I haven't seen already."

You laughed from inside the bathroom, and opened the door, already in your pale white nightdress. You moved out and pressed her to the wall, hands on her waist.

"Been back not more than two hours and already want to see me naked, darling?" You asked with a grin.

"Oh don't be lewd, my love," she rolled her eyes playfully, pressing a kiss to your lips. "I was merely saying, what is the need of being behind a closed door, when you could change in the spacious area that is our room?"

You frowned and tilted your head, "Inej!"

She laughed and took your hand lovingly, taking you to the bed.

You laughed as she pulled you atop her, wrapping her arms around your waist to keep you steady. She giggled as you cupped her cheeks, pulling her in for numerous kisses.

"I've missed you," Inej laughed, leaning her forehead against yours.

"Oh, I've missed you too," you smiled, letting one hand of yours to trail up to her hair, running your fingers through it. "Shall I braid it?"

She hummed, "You know I love it when you do."

Inej loved it when you braided her hair. She loved how gently you did it, the way you made her feel loved with each strand you put together. She felt safer, more comfortable and happier with you.

You combed her dark locks carefully, kissing the back of her head gently as you did. You then parted her hair into three sections, deftly braiding it up.

"I love you," you whispered, after tying her hair nicely.

It had taken time for Inej to be vulnerable with you. She'd always been hesitant with showing affection, admitting her love to you. But, over time, and with your effort, she grew more comfortable with vulnerability than ever. At least, with you. Outside she was the Wraith. A silent, soundless being, never vulnerable but ever ruthless.

You smiled and let her lean into your embrace, letting you wrap your arms around her from behind, while you both lay together. She liked that, your arms around her securely, whispering soft reassurances to her whenever she grew restless.

You buried your face in her neck, inhaling her scent of ginger and lemon, which was ever so familiar to you.

"Goodnight, my love," she whispered as her eyes dropped with sleep.

"Goodnight, darling," you replied against her skin, gently humming a Suli folk song to lull her to sleep.

——
I'm dying of the cuteness I hope you enjoyed <33

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 7.1K 102
In the vast and perilous world of One Piece, where the seas are teeming with pirates, marines, and untold mysteries, a young man is given a second ch...
360K 31.4K 90
Sequel to my MHA fanfiction: •.°NORMAL°.• (So go read that one first)
660K 21.6K 80
Follow the story of Cathy Potter as she and the entire school of Hogwarts sees what their future has in store for them... Best Rankings: #3 - Lily Ev...
1.5M 25.9K 53
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...