I'm not a hero

By GAMERWHITEDEVIL

By JustBored21 James and Lily have been put into a coma, Adrian Potter is the boy-who-lived, Dumbledore raise... More

Everything going to plan
2
Flying lessons and duel with Draco
proxies, punching Malfoy and two girls
Meeting parents, misinterpretation
Troll
Fight and Quidditch
Cloak, battle of minds, yellow eyes
Chapter 10
End of first year
Start of second year
Lockhart, Quidditch and the cat
Duelling club, Polyjuice
first meetings, telling Daphne, Ginny
Lockhart, end of second year
Snuffles, three-way fight
Train, training and Buckbeak
Boggart, reveal
Interrogation, Kreatcher
21
Family time, brother talk
23
Start of fourth year, goblet of fire,
25
Fights, Yule ball, flying
27:Second task, family day, third task
Fight, transformation
A few reveals, order meetings
30
31-FLASHBACK

The man

4K 80 3
By GAMERWHITEDEVIL

Quirrell was in his office, marking papers for the snotty nosed brats he had to teach. His office was the only place where he didn't have to maintain that stupid stutter, fortunately Dumbledore didn't suspect anything. But his master had warned him not to underestimate him.

Speaking of his master, his master's behaviour was curious as of late. He thought it was strange that his master didn't seem to care about the boy-who-lived, he wondered why. Sure the boy was an arrogant imbecile but he was responsible for hindering his master the first time yet his master didn't care.

His master was more interested in the other Potter, the Slytherin Potter who was vastly different from his brother. The Slytherin Potter was a handsome and intelligent boy who held respect from his house, admittedly he was more interesting than the other one. Perhaps his master wanted to recruit him, but if that was the case his master wouldn't have ordered him to try to hex his broom.

Ah well, it was not his place to ask his master. Especially after he got that Slytherin girl instead, his master was most displeased by that and proceeded to punish him.

He was brought out of his thoughts when he heard his office door close, which was weird as it was already shut. He stood up and saw who had just closed his door, a man about the same height as Quirrell was standing in his office and had just locked the door, he waved his wand around and placed some locking and privacy charms.

"W...who a…are you?" Quirrell stuttered

The man turned to look at him, and Quirrell began studying him. The man was dressed in muggle clothes, black trainers and jeans, a grey hooded jacket, and black gloves. His hood was up and he had a black bandana covering the lover half of his face. What interested Quirrell was the man's eyes which were a bright yellow and slighted, was this person a werewolf? Surely not, the full moon was at least a week away.

The man slid his wand back up his right sleeve, Quirrell was getting a bit unnerved by the man's gaze. Everything about the man screamed dangerous, Quirrell quickly went for his wand but the man wasn't having any of it.

He charged at Quirrell and grabbed him by his wrist and throat and shoved him against the wall, before Quirrell could begin saying anything the man began striking him in the stomach with his knees. Quirrell could barely breath at this point, the man slammed Quirrell's wrist against the wall which caused Quirrell to drop his wand.

Quirrell tried to push him off, but the man responded by punching him in the face before he tossed him on the floor. Quirrell tried to get up when the man kicked the back of Quirrell's legs, then he grabbed Quirrell and tossed him so he was sitting back in his chair.

"Had enough?" The man asked in a deep voice

"Who are you?" Quirrell breathed, forgetting about his stutter.

"No one of consequence" The man replied

"Why are you doing this? I've done nothing to you"

"Not yet at least" The man replied "tell me Quirrell, why did you try to curse that broom?"

"It wasn't me" Quirrell immediately responded

"Do not lie to me" The man said calmly "were you aiming for the girl?"

"I didn't do anything" Quirrell maintained, the man responded by pulling out his wand and firing a cutting curse at Quirrell's left leg.

"I said don't lie to me" The man spoke as Quirrell cried out in pain "were you aiming for the girl?" Quirrell after a short pause, shook his head to say no. "The boy then? You were aiming for Harry Potter weren't you?" Quirrell didn't respond. "I can take that as a yes"

"You know nothing" Quirrell growled

"I know that there should be a cell in Azkaban with your name on it" The man replied "but one thing I really don't know, is why? Why do it Quirrell?"

"Do you care for the boy?" Quirrell asked

"I don't care if either of the Potter twins die" The man responded "what I do care about is why you did it?"

"Let me speak to him" A raspy voice spoke, the man looked around to find the source of the voice.

"Master, you are not strong enough" Quirrell said

"I have strength, enough for this" The voice continued, the man narrowed his eyes at Quirrell who went about removing his turban. Quirrell rose and the man stepped back, preparing to attack and defend himself. Quirrell turned around, the man's yellow eyes widened when he saw a face on the back of Quirrell's head.

"Who are you?" The man asked

"I am the dark lord, Voldemort" The face spoke "who are you?"

"I haven't chosen a name yet" The man answered "perhaps in the future, for now I'd like to ask a few questions. The main one is why the most dangerous dark lord of all time is currently living in this pathetic fools body when he was supposed to be destroyed by the Potter boy?"

"Destroy me?" Voldemort laughed "Nobody can destroy me, I am immortal"

"That doesn't answer my question"

"How dare you interrupt my master?!" Quirrell shouted

"Quiet" The man ordered "you are irrelevant now, so tell me, what are you doing here?"

"Why should I tell you?" Voldemort sneered

"Because I'll figure it out either way" The man replied "you could save me the time. In fact, I believe I know what you're after"

"Do you?" Voldemort asked slowly

"Yes" The man nodded "that old fool is hiding something in the third floor corridor, that's what you're after, isn't it?"

"Yes" Voldemort admitted "I must say, you intrigue me, you seem to have no love for the Potter boys or the headmaster"

"The headmaster" The man snorted "is a tired, old, delusional fool who believes he knows best. As for the Potter boys, one is an arrogant and talentless brat while the other is unimportant"

"Oh" Voldemort chuckled "how wrong you are, how incredibly wrong you are" Before the man could reply, a large sound was heard outside. It seemed that somebody was trying to open the door.

"We should talk more, another time perhaps" The man said

"Yes" Voldemort smiled "perhaps"

Quirrell quickly began putting his turban back on, by the time he was done the door burst open. Standing in the doorway with their wands drawn were Albus Dumbledore, Professor McGonagall and Professor Flitwick.

"H...headm...master" Quirrell stuttered

"Who are you?" Dumbledore demanded

The figure slowly turned to face the headmaster, he slowly raised both of his arm. The three kept their wands on him, soon his hands were up in the air.

"You were asked a question" McGonagall spoke "who are you?"

"Nobody of consequence" The man answered

"I insist you tell me who you are" The headmaster demanded

"Very well" The man drawled "I am...escaping"

A wand shot from his sleeve into his right hand, he turned it and a high pitch scream echoed in the air. Dumbledore quickly shot off a stunner before he began covering his ears, the man dodge then grabbed Quirrell's desk and tossed it at the headmaster with one arm.

The headmaster blasted the desk, and all three teachers were about to fire when they heard a sound of glass smashing. It seemed that the man had jumped out of the window, the Professors quickly rushed to the window and looked out of it. They saw nothing, not even a bird.

"Are you alright Professor Quirrell?" Professor Flitwick asked

"Y...es" Quirrell got out "but I t...think he b...broke some r...ibs"

"Ribs?!" Professor McGonagall shouted "There's a cutting curse on your leg, what other spell did he hit you with?"

"He d...didn't, he attacked me ph...physically"

"Physically?" Dumbledore asked

"Y…yes" Quirrell stuttered that annoying stutter "he s...strangled me, k...kneed me repeatedly, and p...punched me"

"My goodness" McGonagall exclaimed "why would he do that?"

"I...I don't k...know"

"Very well" Dumbledore said "could the two of you escort him to the hospital wing?"

"Yes, of course headmaster" Flitwick nodded. McGonagall and Flitwick gently guided Quirrell out of his office and towards the hospital wing.

Dumbledore was left deep in thought, who was this mysterious stranger? Why did he attack Quirrell? And why did he attack him physically? The man clearly had his wand with him, yet chose to resort to physical violence, Dumbledore wondered if the man knew about Voldemort residing in Quirrell head.

Dumbledore had worked it out a long time ago, the only reason he didn't do anything about it was because it was a good test for Adrian. He hoped that this new man wouldn't ruin his plans, Adrian still had to discover the third floor corridor and the mirror.

At breakfast the next day, Harry sat with Daphne and Tracy as he usually did. The three looked around and saw a huge number of people gossiping, and talking with each other along with the occasional glance at the teachers table.

"Do I even want to know?" Harry asked

"Yes" Tracy nodded

"Fine, why is everyone gossiping?"

"Well" Tracy replied "apparently Quirrell was attacked yesterday"

"By who?" Daphne asked

"Probably his own shadow" Harry sighed "or maybe an overly enthusiastic fly, I swear I don't know what Dumbledore is thinking, hiring him as a teacher"

"Well" Tracy continued "from what I've heard it was a person, who apparently hurt the professor then escaped Dumbledore, McGonagall and Flitwick."

"How the bloody hell do you know all this?" Harry raised an eyebrow

"I have my ways" Tracy smiled as she continued eating

"So I'm guessing this means that we miss defence" Daphne spoke

"Unless they get a replacement" Harry pointed out

"True" Daphne nodded "but who would be the replacement?"

"Might be Dumbledore" Tracy suggested

"I hope not" Harry sighed "I can't listen to a word that man says"

"Why not?" Daphne asked

"Too distracted by his horrible dress sense" Harry gestured to the teachers table where Dumbledore was wearing a purple dress, as that was what Harry was willing to describe it as.

"That's mean" Tracy said

"To my eyes" Harry replied

"Weren't we talking about Quirrell?" Daphne pointed out

"Fine" Harry sighed "so let's say Quirrell was attacked, big deal. How does it affect us?"

"So you really don't care what happens to Quirrell?" Tracy asked with a disappointed look

"Hey, it's not like he died" Harry defended himself "besides, like I said, not much we can do about it."

"True" Daphne agreed "let the adults handle it"

"Yeah" Harry nodded "we have more important things to think about, like quidditch or how long it will take Daphne to profess her love for me"

"I don't love you" Daphne glared at him

"No, you don't love me yet" Harry smiled playfully

"I would never say I love you"

"My mum said the same thing to my dad" Harry pointed out "and their married. By the way Daph, summer wedding or winter?" Tracy giggled and eventually Daphne lightened up.

"You're not funny Harry" She smiled "besides, knowing me I'll probably get forced into a marriage contract by some pure-blooded arse"

"I am being forced into a contract" Harry casually spoke

"WHAT?!" Daphne and Tracy screamed

"Could you say that a bit louder? I don't think the America has heard you yet" Harry put up some privacy wards so they wouldn't attract attention.

"You're in a marriage contract?!" Tracy exclaimed, Daphne looked visibly upset, even though she tried to hide it.

"I am for now" Harry replied, Daphne perked up at this

"For now?" She asked

"Yeah, I went to Gringotts a while back and found out that some old relative of mine had made a marriage contract between me and another family. I couldn't find out which family as I could only learn if my parents told me or if I was of age."

"So you have to get married into some random family?" Tracy asked

"No" Harry shook his head "by the age of fourteen, I can claim head of house if my parents haven't woken up yet"

"What?" Tracy was confused

"If the head of house can't perform their duties then it gets passed to the next eldest member" Harry explained "as mum and dad can't perform their duties, it passes to me and the earliest I can claim the position is at fourteen. Until then I either put a proxy in place or don't do anything, the proxy isn't allowed to make any big changes like the contract.

I do however have a person who I've been sending letters to act as my proxy, he'll deal with all the financial and legal stuff until I'm of age. But once I have become fourteen I can take the position and cancel the contract."

"Wow" Daphne breathed

"I know, sad part is Dumbledore knows as well"

"Why is that bad?" Daphne asked

"Because he'll want me to give the position to his golden boy or assign himself as proxy" Harry answered "either way, he'd have total control. I expect he'll come and talk to me about it soon."

"Why?" Daphne raised an eyebrow

"Probably because the goblins are taking money from his vault to compensate for the money he took from the Potters vault without permission" Harry shrugged, and the girls went wide eyed "in fact, I think that's the letter that would inform him"

At this point a Gringotts owl had flown into the hall and delivered the letter, it then flew off before Dumbledore could even open it. Dumbledore opened his letter, and he went a little red at reading it. He stood up and walked out, as calmly as he could.

"Told you" Harry smirked

"His been taking money from your accounts?!" Daphne couldn't believe it

"Believe it" Harry replied "I don't know if my less than handsome twin knows about it but I was very unimpressed when I found out that the old man had been digging his fingers into the hard earned gold of my ancestors."

"That's illegal!" Tracy hissed "You could take him to court!"

"A court full of Dumbledore supporters? No thanks, if I wanted to waste my time I'd teach the boy-who-eats and his redheaded friend about table manners"

The rest of Harry's day went as normal, Hermione shot him death glares whenever he did better than her in class, which was all the time. Adrian and Ron shot him death glares whenever he breathed, which was all the time. Draco shot him death glares whenever he did both, which was all the time.

He also flirted repeatedly with Daphne who blushed as Tracy alternated between laughing, snickering and giggling throughout the day along with the occasional snort. Dumbledore had taken over the defence against the dark arts lesson for the day, which pleased Adrian, Hermione, Ron and the rest of the Gryffindor's.

Not the Slytherin's though, especially not Harry. He noticed that while Dumbledore didn't openly discriminate against the Slytherin's, he did it subtly by doing things such as missing one who put his hand up in favour of a Gryffindor and looking a ton more happy when Gryffindor's answered the questions.

Soon the lesson ended, Harry was about to make his way out when he heard his name called by the headmaster. He gestured his friends to continue, once they left Harry turned around and saw his brother standing with the headmaster.

"Yes sir?" Harry asked politely "How may I help you?"

"I would like to have a little discussion with you, Mr Potter" Dumbledore answered

"Clearly sir, but may I ask what the topic of this discussion is?"

"Today I have received a letter from Gringotts" Dumbledore spoke "it was a letter saying I had to refund all that I had taken from the Potter accounts, you can imagine my shock. I was most surprised"

"As was I sir" Harry replied

"Really?" Dumbledore raised an eyebrow

"Yes" Harry nodded "I thought they were going to take way more time than that, say what you want about goblins but you have to admit the little buggers are efficient"

"You actually did this?!" Adrian exclaimed

"No, little brother, the goblins did this" Harry replied "I just asked them to do it"

"Harry" Dumbledore spoke

"It's Hadrian sir, or Mr Potter" Harry reminded him

"Yes, Mr Potter" Dumbledore amended "can I ask why you did this?"

"You can" Harry replied, the room went silent for a few seconds when Dumbledore realised that the boy actually wanted him to ask.

"Why did you do this?"

"I thought it was simple" Harry raised an eyebrow "you took money without permission and I've simply had it retrieved, you may lose some extra money for violating the rules but I think that's a pretty fair deal"

"Stop being stupid!" Adrian spoke up "Our parents probably gave him that money!"

"They didn't" Harry replied "the money was taken after they went into their comas, and his received the money from the Potter accounts multiple times after. The last of which was on our tenth birthday, so unless our parents have woken and walked up to Gringotts, I don't believe it.

Besides I'm not sacrificing our family's money on 'probably' , if our parents wish for the headmaster to keep the money then they can give it back to him after they wake up. If you really want to give the headmaster money then take it out of your trust vault, the family vault is off limits"

"Harry, what's wrong with you?!" Adrian hissed "He's Dumbledore, leader of the light!"

"And you're a Potter!" Harry shot back "The Potters are a proud family, the best in Britain. Our family has given birth to inventors, politicians, healers, warriors and so much more. Our grandfather was able to fight off twenty-one death eaters before he was struck down, we didn't care about blood purity but we cared about family and I am not wasting the hard earned money of our ancestors so you can please the headmaster. Until mum and dad wake up, I have to resume responsibility as head of house."

"Mr Potter" Dumbledore spoke "you cannot be head of house, you are too young"

"I'm aware, which is why I will be assigning a proxy" Harry replied "my proxy will take care of the day to day running's until I am of age"

"Mr Potter, I was a friend of your parents" Dumbledore pointed out "I would be more than willing to become your proxy"

"No thank you" Harry refused "I already have someone I want to assign as a proxy"

"Who is this person?" Dumbledore asked calmly, internally he was seething. Hopefully he could convince the person to refuse, if he couldn't then maybe he could control them.

"He hasn't accepted yet, so I feel no need to tell you his name." Harry answered "However, if he refuses, then it will be disappointing but I will still have a few back up choices. So there is no need to worry headmaster, after all, you are just a headmaster and forgive me for saying so but frankly the Potter family business is none of yours"

"Young man, your attitude is not a good one, your parents would be most disappointed" Dumbledore put on his best grandfatherly look of disappointment

"No sir, my parents would be James and Lily Potter" Harry retorted "and I don't know either of them enough to know how they would feel, but whatever it is they do feel, I'll discuss it with them if they wake up. Now, good day to you sir and brother, stay out of trouble"

Harry turned on his feet and walked out of the classroom, leaving a shocked boy-who-lived and headmaster. Neither could believe that the young boy had just refused Albus Dumbledore, the leader of the light and had just walked away from him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 170 14
Being called the heir of Slytherin wasn't easy for Harry. Many students harassed him while the teacher stood by doing nothing to help. After months o...
91.4K 3K 15
Harry James potter brother of the famous Marcus Charlus potter (the boy who lived) and oldest son of lily and James potter. He was wrongfully named...
3K 81 9
( Disc being rewirtten ) Harry's home life with his Aunt and Uncle is not pleasant. Because them abused Harry most of his life. Before his Godmother...
21.8K 787 32
The story of Harry Potter, the boy who lived, with a twist; thanks to a black haired beauty who came in with a bang. Raven Howendale; a name that wil...