Raising My Children With My P...

By iamkyuuu

When she woke up, she had transmigrated into An Jiuyue, a woman living with two young children on a mountain... More

Chapter 401-405
Chapter 406-410
Chapter 416-420
Chapter 421-425
Chapter 426-430
Chapter 431-435
Chapter 436-440
Chapter 441-445
Chapter 446-450
Chapter 456-460
Chapter 451-455
Chapter 461-465
Chapter 466-470
Chapter 471-475
Chapter 476-480
Chapter 481-485
Chapter 486-490
Chapter 491-495
Chapter 496-500

Chapter 411-415

674 16 2
By iamkyuuu

411 I've Been Put In the Shade

He was tired just thinking about it. The thing should be in the Prince Zhan Yun Residence, so why could he not find it?

"Your Majesty, what if that thing is not in the Prince Zhan Yun Residence at all?" he asked softly.

"That's impossible," the Emperor rejected Eunuch Zheng's guess and shook his head.

Where could the item be if it wasn't in the Prince Zhan Yun Residence? Qian Jiyun couldn't possibly keep it with him at all times. That was no small thing. Someone would have discovered it if he had carried it with him, right?

"It must be because that useless old thing didn't search carefully!" he said.

Eunuch Zheng's eyes dimmed.

No one would be in a good mood at the mention of Xue Yingyue from the Prince Zhan Yun Residence.

That woman was really... Words were difficult to describe her, but they had to keep her alive because she was very useful.

"I'll send someone to rush her."

In reality, he had already sent people to rush Xue Yingyue. However, that woman was really useless.

He had already sent someone to lure Qian Yiyun to the southern border so she could do whatever she wanted and search the Prince Zhan Yun Residence.

However, she could not find anything.

Xue Yingyue even swore to have ordered a search of the Prince Zhan Yun Residence, leaving no stone unturned.

This made him wonder if Qian Jiyun had kept that thing elsewhere. Was it not in the Prince Zhan Yun Residence at all?

"Tell her that she doesn't have to stay in the Prince Zhan Yun Residence if she can't find it," the Emperor instructed Eunuch Zheng coldly.

"Yes, Your Majesty," Eunuch Zheng replied.

The news from the palace soon reached Xue Yingyue.

She broke out in a cold sweat when she heard she did not have to stay at the Prince Zhan Yun Residence. She was extremely anxious.

She had wanted to bring the two little children to her. However, she realized that she could not do that now. The two little ones were probably useless. She had to catch the big one.

Qian Jiyun had to be interested in An Jiuyue. As long as she could capture her, she would be able to get the answer she wanted from Qian Jiyun.

"Ling Er, go there and keep watch. When you see An Jiuyue, bring her to me immediately," Xue Yingyue instructed the maid.

"Yes, Old Madam," Ling Er replied and turned to leave.

...

Qian Yiyun was making lotus lanterns with Qian Yizheng and Qian Yirong in Qiongzhi Courtyard.

The two children might not have seen many other flowers, but they had seen lotus flowers. After Qian Yiyun made a lotus lantern, the two very capable children began to make one too.

And the lotus lanterns they made...

"I feel like I've been put in the shade!" Qian Yiyun looked at the lotus lanterns made by the two children and glanced at hers in disdain.

She had been making lotus lanterns for many years, but her lantern was inferior to the ones made by two newbies.

Moreover, these two newbies were so young!

"Zheng'er, Rong'er, you've already made two. There's no need to make any more. I'll bring you to play with other things, okay?"

She quickly suggested when she saw that the two little ones wanted to continue making lotus lanterns.

"No." Qian Yizheng shook his head and glanced at the lotus lantern he had made.

"I'll make a better one for Mother."

He felt that the lotus lantern he had made was not good enough. Fortunately, it was only a trial lantern. He would definitely be able to make a better lantern for his mother.

"Then I'll make one for Uncle Qian."

412 Are You Deliberately Causing Trouble for Master?

Qian Yirong looked at his brother's lotus lantern, then at the materials in his hands.

Since Bother is already making a lotus lantern for Mother, I'll make one for Uncle Qian. Brother can make one for Mother this year, and it'll be my turn next year.

"Brother, I'll make one for Mother next year," he said.

"Okay, you can do it next year," Qian Yizheng agreed readily, and the two brothers lowered their heads to make lotus lanterns again.

!!

Qian Yiyun was speechless.

Why do I feel so sorry for myself? Not only are they not making a lotus lantern for me, but I also have to watch them dote on my brother!

Shouldn't the two little ones only dote on their mother? Now, they're even doting on my brother.

...

Qian Jiyun had just returned.

He had not stayed in the palace for long and should have returned long ago. However, because today was the Lotus Lantern Festival, he went out of his way to purchase materials for making lotus lanterns.

Yan Jin followed his master and watched him carry the items while his own hands were empty.

He could not help rubbing his nose.

When his master said he wanted to buy materials to make lotus lanterns, he offered to buy them for him to share the burden. However, his master rolled his eyes at him.

After Qian Jiyun had bought the materials, Yan Jin felt that someone like him should not be walking around with these scraps. Hence, he wanted to carry them for him.

In the end, instead of rolling his eyes, his master told him to scram!

He felt like his heart had taken a critical hit!

"Master, you..."

When he saw that they were about to return to Qiongzhi Courtyard, he opened his mouth to ask if there was anything he could do to help.

However, before he could ask, he saw his master glare at him.

"Do you have nothing else to do?"

"Uh..." Yan Jin was stunned by his question and did not dare to speak.

He heaved a sigh of relief when he saw his master enter Qiongzhi Courtyard. Someone then vigorously patted his shoulder.

"What are you doing?"

He turned around and saw Yan Shen.

"What are you trying to do? Are you deliberately causing trouble for Master?" Yan Shen looked at his brother speechlessly.

He had also been accompanying their master from the palace and did not understand why Yan Jin did not look at his meaningful glances. He had already hinted at it repeatedly, but this guy just had to dampen their master's spirits.

"When did I?" Yan Jin refused to admit that he had caused trouble for his master.

I clearly wanted to help him. How was I causing trouble for him?

"Yan Shen, stop spouting nonsense. When did I cause trouble for Master? Shouldn't we, as Master's guards, assist in taking care of everything?"

Yan Shen was speechless.

That's true, but you should see whether Master wants your help!

Nowadays, it's not about making transactions under coercion. Everything depends on one's willingness. Master clearly wanted to buy the materials for the lotus lanterns himself, make them by himself, and accompany Mistress to release them.

As his subordinates, why should we get involved when we should be hurriedly staying away?

"I really don't understand. Why didn't Master send you to Huayan Peak?" he asked faintly.

"What do you mean?" Yan Jin was furious.

413 The Pot Calling the Kettle Black

Huayan Peak was their main base. However, it was extremely hot and lacked resources. It was also challenging to deliver supplies there. Hence, it was unquestionably a god-forsaken place!

He was occasionally dispatched there to deliver supplies but to leave him there... He couldn't do it!

"Why can't you just say what you want to say? Why do you have to be sarcastic?"

No matter how stupid he was, he could tell that Yan Shen's remark was sarcastic. However, he did not understand what he had done wrong.

"Hey, you've grown capable."

Yan Shen raised his eyebrows and looked at Yan Jin with an exaggerated expression.

"You actually knew I was being sarcastic? Not bad!"

"You—"

Yan Jin almost died of anger!

Yan Shen explained unhappily, "Since you know I'm being sarcastic, don't you know that Master bought the materials to make a lotus lantern for Mistr... Miss An? They are going to release the lotus lanterns together!"

"So what?" Yan Jin asked instinctively.

Yan Shen was speechless.

So what? What what? If you want to do something for your loved one, you have to do it personally, right?

He sized up Yan Jin and remarked faintly, "No wonder you're still single. You're really big-hearted."

Yan Jin was shocked.

What's with this personal attack?

So what if I'm single? It's because I don't have a lady I'm interested in. Go and ask around. There are so many ladies waiting in line to marry me. I just don't care!

"Talk about the pot calling the kettle black, Yan Shen! I'm single, but aren't you too?" he shouted at Yan Shen.

"Forget it. I can't be bothered to talk to you anymore."

Yan Shen could not be bothered to talk to him anymore. He had said so much, but Yan Jin did not understand the main point. What else could he do?

"The supply list is here. I have to prepare something. Are you coming?"

"Yes, of course."

Yan Jin did not hesitate to organize the supplies to be sent to Huayan Peak.

If they did not deliver the supplies, the people at Huayan Peak would starve to death!

...

Qian Jiyun returned to the courtyard and saw the two boys making lotus lanterns. He then looked at Qian Yiyun, who was praising them non-stop.

He frowned and could not help but dislike his sister.

"Yiyun, Yan Jin and the others have something to do. Go and settle it together," he said to Qian Yiyun as he put down the things in his hand.

"Huh?" Qian Yiyun turned around and was stunned.

When did Brother ever ask me to work with Yan Jin and the others? Never! Not even when I begged.

"Big Brother, are you serious?" she asked excitedly.

Is Brother finally allowing me to get involved in big matters at home? As expected, he'll trust me more after I gain more experience.

She had no idea that her brother was sending her away because he thought she was too much of a hindrance.

Qian Jiyun nodded seriously and said gently, "Go on. Yan Jin and the others are leaving soon."

"Alright, I'll go now."

Qian Yiyun stood up impatiently and got ready to leave.

"Aunt Yiyun, are you not making lotus lanterns anymore?" Qian Yizheng looked up at Qian Yiyun, who was about to leave.

414 Don't Even Think About Coming Back Tonight!

"Uh..." Qian Yiyun was rendered speechless.

She was so excited that she almost forgot that she was keeping the two children company.

"I—"

"Aunt Yiyun has other things to do. Uncle Qian will teach you."

Qian Jiyun arrived beside the two little ones before Qian Yiyun could speak. He squatted down and patted Qian Yizheng's head.

"Aunt Yiyun only knows how to make this type of lotus lantern. I'll teach you to make other styles—the very beautiful ones," he said.

Qian Yiyun was speechless.

A bright idea came to her suddenly. Unfortunately, it slipped away too quickly, and she could not catch it.

She lowered her head and muttered, "So what if I only know how to make one type of lotus lantern? Is that heinous of me?"

She was not going to make a living out of lotus lanterns anyway. She only had to make a lotus lantern and put it in the water. As long as it did not sink, it did not matter if she made the same kind every year.

"Forget it." She shook her head and decided not to argue with her brother.

It was more important to work with Yan Jin and the others.

"That's right. Zheng'er and Rong'er, learn from Uncle Qian. He knows how to make many lotus lanterns. I have something to do. I'll come back tonight to keep you company."

With that, she left.

Qian Jiyun watched his sister leave and thought to himself, "Don't even think about coming back tonight!"

He looked at Qian Yizheng and Qian Yirong.

"Zheng'er, Rong'er, the lotus lanterns don't have to be pink. Daqing Kingdom reveres totems with black backgrounds and golden hems. You can also make black lotus flowers. They'll look nice too."

He took the materials he had bought and spread them out in front of the two little ones.

"Black and gold?" The two children looked at each other. "Uncle Qian, won't we be arrested if we use these colors?"

Their mother had also mentioned the colors revered by Daqing Kingdom. She had warned them, however, to be cautious and not use only these two colors. Otherwise, they would be arrested and charged with contempt of the royal family.

Who would dare to use the royal family's colors carelessly? Were they unafraid of death?

"No." Qian Jiyun smiled and shook his head.

Who would dare to arrest them? The people from the Prince Zhan Yun Residence could do whatever they wanted. Did they have to be at the mercy of the old Emperor?

However, the old Emperor had been doing a lot recently. It was time to find something to occupy him. Otherwise, it would be troublesome to deal with him.

Just as he was thinking about how to make things difficult for the old Emperor, Nan Qian, the butler's assistant, rushed over.

"Master, Prince Sui is here."

Qian Jiyun stopped what he was doing and glanced at Nan Qian.

What could Prince Sui be here for? His arm had been hurting for two days, and he was worried it would hurt like hell tomorrow.

"Chase him away. I won't see him."

He did not have to give Prince Sui any face. If the Emperor did not give face to his son, why should he?

Nan Qian was speechless.

Isn't this something that only Master will do? Who would dare to chase Prince Sui away?

But I think Prince Sui deserves it. He had to provoke Master's people out of everyone he could. But it did seem like he didn't fall into this trap on purpose—Prince De framed him.

"Yes, Master," he replied and turned to leave.

415 Snatch a Few Maids Back

He had to listen to his master. It was fine if his master did not want to see Prince Sui. It was time for someone like him to suffer a little anyway.

However, Qian Jiyun did not expect Prince Sui to bump into An Jiuyue, who had just returned from the suburbs, at the entrance of the Prince Zhan Yun Residence after he was turned away.

"The people from the Prince Zhan Yun Residence are too arrogant!" the servant accompanying Prince Sui said angrily after Nan Qian chased them away rudely.

His Highness had lowered himself to come to the Prince Zhan Yun Residence, but Qian Jiyun chased him away without giving him any face. He was embarrassing Prince Sui!

In truth, Prince Sui's expression did not look too good either.

He assumed that Qian Jiyun would not make him look bad because he had even come here to seek peace.

Unexpectedly, Qian Jiyun was unmoved by both coercion and persuasion. He did not even meet him and only asked a servant to chase them away.

Although he said that An Jiuyue was not in the residence, everyone could tell that this was a mere excuse to embarrass him.

"Let's go!"

He turned around and stared at the words "Prince Zhan Yun Residence". He took a deep breath and turned to leave.

However, before he could take a step, he saw a familiar lady walking over from afar. Behind her were Yan Nuo and Yan Qin.

When he saw An Jiuyue, he instinctively recalled how she had gripped him. The pain over the past two days was too terrifying.

He trembled with fear instinctively and almost ran away.

After a while, he told himself he was there to ask An Jiuyue for the antidote. Since he happened to bump into her, he had to greet her.

"Miss An—"

"Oh, aren't you Prince Sui?"

An Jiuyue had long noticed Prince Sui. However, she found it difficult to initiate the conversation since he did not. Who knew what he was here for? She did not have the hobby of greeting strangers for nothing.

But since Prince Sui was obviously going to greet her now, if she did not say something, he would seize the opportunity. Hence, she spoke first.

Raising her eyebrows, she asked half-jokingly, "Why? Haven't you snatched enough ladies outside? Are you thinking of going to the Prince Zhan Yun Residence to snatch a few maids back?"

"Uh..." Prince Sui was stunned by her words.

He liked good-looking ladies, and An Jiuyue was indeed good-looking. He was not the only one who thought so. He believed that if An Jiuyue interacted with more people, many in the capital would admire and covet her.

However, no one dared to speak their minds because of Qian Jiyun.

But he...

After what happened that morning, he completely lost interest in An Jiuyue.

He could lose his life if he provoked a woman who hit him without regard for his identity.

Having lost interest in her, he did not dare say anything about snatching anyone away.

"What are you talking about? It's your good fortune that His Highness likes you. How dare you mock him here? Be careful; he could kill you!"

Prince Sui was embarrassed and did not know how to ask An Jiuyue for the antidote. Meanwhile, his servant was unhappy to hear what An Jiuyue had said.

It was time for him to show his loyalty and reprimand An Jiuyue.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

401K 13.4K 53
Anhay Sharma:- Cold business tycoon who is only sweet for his family. He is handsome as hell but loves to stay away from love life. His female employ...
315K 22.9K 28
Avantika Aadish Rajawat Aadi, with his fiery nature, adds intensity and excitement to their relationship, igniting a spark in Avni. Avni, like the ca...
43.7K 226 7
21+ Gay ဇတ်ကြမ်း အသုံးအနှုန်ရိုင်းရိုင်းတွေဘဲသုံးပါမယ် လိုက်အတုမယူရန်နှင့် ကလေးသူငယ်များမဖတ်သင့်ပါ
180K 6.6K 82
Not many people understood 12 year old Jessica, as a person and an individual. That doesn't include, however, her older sister, who Jessica adores w...