closer when we're far apart ;...

By strxwbrychae

wednesday and enid are back together at nevermore academy. although their time apart has made enid realize so... More

prologue
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
017
018
019
020
021
022
023

016

1.6K 34 21
By strxwbrychae

enid stared off into space. suddenly, wednesday emerged from her closet. she wore a loose fitting shirt that was obviously black. it draped past her hips and sat on her thighs. for her pants they were black and white, placed in a checkered pattern. it wasn't all that different from her typical style. it just had a more relaxed look to it. and less intimidating.

"let's get this over with." she informed enid, who still sat on her bed.

the blonde stared at wednesday, starstruck. she had seen her before in her pajamas, literally almost every night. tonight however, was different. she noticed so much more about wednesday that intrigued her. the more she looked, the redder her cheeks got. but right now, she didn't care. she didn't care about anything else besides wednesday at that moment.

"and i thought i was the creepy one." she commented, wanting to end this odd situation.

enid's light blue eyes suddenly jolted wide open. her face however stayed the same shade of pink that it had been just mere seconds before, "i'm gonna go change!" was all she could yell out.

she hastily shuffled into her own closet, accidentally slamming the door a bit too hard. her hands covered her face as she could feel it growing hotter.

what is wrong with me?

the blonde forced herself to calm down by taking multiple big breaths of air. her eyes scanned her closet, and eventually landed on something she typically wore to bed. her nerves had calmed a bit as she started to change. her shirt was plain white, something more simple to wear to bed compared to the typical bright colors. although for what the shirt was lacking in, her shorts were not. the fabric that sat on her thighs was filled full of different shades of pinks.

now that she had finished, she knew she couldn't stall anymore. it was time to face her fear.

slowly, she creaked the door open, peeking through the crack. her eyes landed on wednesday still standing in the middle of the room. thing was perched by her feet, tapping on the ground. the two seemed to have been talking. she opened the door a bit more, which caught the attention of the other girl.

"are you going to come out or not?" she asked, raising one eyebrow, "or are you going to stand there and stare at me?"

the blonde quickly became sheepish and shuffled out of the closet.

"sorry, i was just trying to not interrupt!" she attempted to lie.

wednesday, like usual, only stared back at her in response. enid waited, looked around the room, and eventually gave up on her saying anything else.

"ok lets get started! i've been planning on what we could do tonight. so i figured we could start with nail painting, then maybe watch a movie, and then we could even play truth or dare!" enid rambled on, clearly estatic.

"let's just get this over with." wednesday groaned.

the wolf smiled wide, so much so that as if her cheeks were being pulled. quickly she rummaged through her nail polish. "alright so, i know you're not big on color... but you're in luck because i actually have black nail polish! and i have white too, if you're feeling adventurous."

"wow enid i am so excited." she replied, with no excitement clearly in her tone.

"really?" she perked up.

"no."

enid giggled, looking down then looking back up. "just take a seat on my bed. i'll get everything set up."

wednesday slowly forced herself to sit on enid's bed. she crossed her arms, trying to touch the bed as little as possible. she patienly waited while enid grabbed an array of bright colors from her collection. each time she grabbed another one, the dark haired girl felt her soul crush a little. despite not wanting to do this, she figured it was important for her to tolerate enid's weird behavior. she guessed this stuff was important to their relationship.

"alright, do you wanna go first or should i?" enid sat down next to her, in a bit of an awkward position.

"it is best i observe how you do it first. i normally have thing paint my nails so this is a new experience for me." she explained.

"alright... but you know you can turn to face me? it's a bit hard to do it at this angle..." she suggested.

wednesday stared down into her soul, contemplating what she should do. against her wishes, she turnt to the side to face enid. her legs bent to where her knees were facing the blonde. hesitantly, she lifted her hand out for enid to grab. the girl smiled and turned to face her, legs now crossed.

"so do you just want black...or?" the wolf asked before starting.

"just black." she replied.

"maybe next time i'll convince you to add a bit of color." enid softly giggled.

"i think you might be insane sinclair."

the blonde only giggled more in response. she picked up the black nail polish and unscrewed the cap. she dipped the brush in a few times, but she made sure to not leave too much on it. her eyes skewed over to wednesday's hand, that still was raised for her to grab. quietly, she gulped. her free hand raised closer to the other girls, but yet not touching it. her eyes darted between wednesday's hand, out for her to hold, and back up to her deep, dark, brown eyes that stared into hers.

hesitantly, she grabbed a hold of wednesday's slimming hand. her pale fingertips grazed the inside of her hand. her hands felt just as she had imagined. her fingers lingered for a couple of seconds, savoring the moment between the two girls. as soon as she processed what she just did, her face turned a hot shade of pink. her stomach was doing flips, almost as if she was about to throw up. enid however ignored this, not wanting to embarrass herself anymore than she already had. she then whipped the dark brush over her pointer finger, actively trying not to get it anywhere else.

"so, what's been up with you? any leads on the stalker yet?" enid striked up a conversation.

"nothing yet. i've been close, but it keeps leading back to dead ends." she replied, watching her work intently.

"hmm, let me know if i can ever help," the blonde suggested, "in a safe way, obviously. i don't want a repeat of last time."

"don't worry, it won't happen again." she informed her.

enid smiled, feeling a bit of comfort from her response. she continued to work, making sure every nail was perfect. luckily she was a master at this point from painting her nails herself. not long after their conversation ended, she had wrapped up.

she leaned back, admiring her work. "so what do you think?" she asked.

wednesday stared at her nails for a moment, flipping her hands back and forth to get all the angles. her eyes searched for a flaw, and to her surprise there were none.

"good work enid. you have actually impressed me." she complimented her, but still did not show any emotion.

despite it being a not heartfelt compliment, enid still beamed. "aww thanks weds! now that you have seen the master work, it's your turn to try." she told her, now handing her an array of shades for her to use.

wednesday almost vomited.

"why don't we start with just one color." she suggested.

"alright fine..." enid pouted.

the blonde held her hand out, ecstatic for wednesday to caress it. the other girl clumsily fumbled with the nail polish, trying to replicate what enid had done. she had fooled her and had made it look much simpler than it actually was. but, eventually she was able to copy what she had done.

then, her hand gently embraced enid's. she handled it with such caution and gentleness. it was such a new and exciting feeling. her face turned a deep red in a matter of seconds. thankfully wednesday was busy looking down at her nails for her to notice. the blonde bit her lip and admired how focused the other girl was. she was too mesmerised to point out how she kept going off of her nail and onto the skin that surrounded it.

"hey, i've been meaning to tell you something." enid started to speak, kind of caught up in her emotions.

"that you're my stalker?" she looked up, straight into her light blue eyes.

she giggled a little, "no, not that."

wednesday didn't say anything more, awaiting for enid to start talking again.

"uhm... well i just wanted to tell you that i like girls. i figured you should know." she blurted out, shocked she even said it.

there was no response. she just kept on painting her nails. "okay."

enid was a bit taken aback. was that all she really had to say?

"do you not care?" she sheepishly asked.

the shorter girl sighed, "why would i care. i actually think it's a positive because i won't have to worry about you dating a trashy guy ever again."

"oh my god wednesday..." she covered her face.

"actually i take that back," she interrupted, "i would have enjoyed torturing all of your exes."

enid's face grew concerned, "ok well i don't think thats legal. but if you look on the bright side, you can still be mean to any of my ex girlfriends."

wednesday looked up once again and smirked at her, "i see my interests are rubbing off on you."

"no. and no torturing or killing, ok? i'll let you be mean but anything else is a no." she firmly told her.

"we'll see." the dark haired girl replied.

enid only shook her head and giggled quietly, relieved that wednesday wasn't acting any different.

(a/n: bit of a longer chapter today woooo. also i just want to thank you all so much for 10k+ reads!! seriously, i love seeing all your votes and reading your comments. thank you so much for reading <3)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 142 8
So this is a story about Enid being an actress and Wednesday being a regular person, they meet and fall in love, more in the first chapter! started:...
84K 2K 23
the Addams's and Grayson's always had a strong bond and Wednesday Addams and Y/N Grayson have been close since they were babies After Y/N's parents w...
33.2K 768 28
Wednesday was just getting used to Nevermore. She had actually made a few friends and had her first kiss, though Tyler turned out to be the Hyde. So...
2.5K 112 40
a story about Wednesday being a detective and enid becoming a superhero.