See You Later

By superstar806

Maahi was well-versed in the art of unrequited love. After all, she was quietly and hopelessly in love with A... More

Author's Note
Dedication
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 (The past)
Chapter 24 (The past)
Chapter 25 (The past)
Chapter 26 (The past)
Chapter 27 (The past)
Chapter 28 (The past)
Chapter 29 (The past)
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 (The past)
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Author's Note and Acknowledgements
See You Later (Poem version)
Random Facts

Chapter 40

2.4K 264 6
By superstar806

The present: The Airbnb

Maahi had seemed almost lost in thought when she had asked him to go wait outside in the garden. She had said that she would make the coffee and bring it.

He was taking in the view when she joined him. It was one of the more scenic properties he had been on. A lush, green garden overlooking a glittering skyline. He felt a sense of peace. Then again, he always felt that around Maahi. Around her, he felt at home.

"Iyer..."

He turned around and saw Maahi holding two steaming mugs of coffee and walking towards a swing set. He walked over to her and she handed him a mug. She sat down on the swing and tilted her head, gesturing for him to join her.

That small gesture gave him a sudden sense of déjà vu. As though he had been here. As though he had felt this feeling of coming home after a long day before. For a moment, he stopped and just stared at her, trying to gather his thoughts and emotions.

He must have looked dazed because Maahi asked, "You okay there?"

He eased out of his inner world of chaos, blinking his way back to her. He nodded and swiftly sat down next to her before she could ask any more questions. But she did anyway.

"Where did you go there?"

He wasn't ready to answer that question because he didn't know himself. So, he smoothly changed the topic and said, "I'm right here, Mehra. Where else would I be? You've brought me to a slice of heaven."

She laughed, took a sip of her coffee and gently pushed the swing into motion.

He looked at the scenery in front of them and took a deep breath. The air smelled faintly of jasmine. He then asked, "How did you even find this place?"

She shrugged her shoulders and looked at him for brief moment before turning her gaze back to the scenery ahead and said, "I have always been drawn to beautiful things."

He smiled lightly and said, "Yes but this place...it's more than just pretty. It has...an aura of solace. It's beautiful inside and out."

She nodded along, a wry smile forming on her face. This smile felt like it was an easter egg from a movie he loved. He yearned to know what it could possibly reveal if he paid close enough attention.

She then looked at him, that same smile widening further as she said, "What can I say, Iyer? I really know how to pick 'em."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 650 28
In your eyes , I see my future and it's fucking gorgeous. ˖ ٠ › ˖ ۫ ˖ ࣪ ◞ ، ࣪ . ˖ ⌁ ▹ ˖ ࣪⭑ ↺ Varahi Khurana ❛❛ You don't ca...
6.8K 895 32
\ əˈprɪs.ə.ti \ warmth of the sun breaking through in winter. "Marry?" asked Ranveer. "Last I remember, you refused me to marry me when asked!" Ranv...
1.4M 175K 70
Yaduvanshi series #2 A second chance romance If you want to read a story which make your eyes weep and heart bleed but then make you giggle and shy...
101K 8K 38
This is a story about two souls who are connected by faith..!! Love... This single word holds lots of emotions In it...For some people love is every...