"I'll always wait for you" (O...

By askjhje

Y/n's coming back home with the will to make a surprise return by showing up to the school after the practice... More

1. The return
2. The first fight
3. Two (new) Protectors
4. First practice with Aoba Johsai
5. Two people's point of view on the same matter
6. A little talk
7. A rare beautiful day
8. The opposite of happy
9. Kori Yuuri
10. Sao and Y/n
11. The exams
12. The Interhigh Prelims
13. Tooru and Y/n
14. The sea and the park
15. From the beginning to the end of the beginning
16. Two ennemies meet again
17. The mall
18. The sleepover
19. An old passion
20. Iwaizumi and Y/n
21. Ena and Irana and Y/n
22. The first day since...
23. Yugata's demand
24. The talk
25. Free
26. Ena's past
27. Help!
28. First rehearsal
29. Kyoto, here we come!
30. The same problem...
31. The second day
32. More of it
33. The last day
34. Change of plans
35. MPSIQ Part 1
36. MPSIQ part 2
37. Another rehearsal
38. An end to something
39. The results
40. 10 days
41. The last presentation
42. December 24th
43. Christmas
44. A new year
45. The best birthday gift
46. Graduation

47. Going back

39 0 0
By askjhje

-Timeskip-

"As always, our best player of all Japan is still fired up in her last games that took place this weekend. We wanted nothing more and nothing less from her. Took her team to the win. We're proud of our team."

"And she is only 23 years old. She is really young ang yet super talented."

"Let me remind you that she started her professional career at 18! To think she could have played with her parents if they weren't gone."

"I'm pretty sure they would have retired by now, Namada-san."

I turn down the volume from the little radio I have beside me, looking up again to the ocean in front of me. I just came back in Miyagi Prefecture. We're May 10th, after all. We promised we would meet at a restaurant in five years, five years ago. It's 10h30, I still have time before I have to get to the restaurant. Tooru's already there, reserving a table for all of us.

I actually came here because I had hope I would see Ena and Irana before, but I'm completely alone. Until I hear footsteps and talking behind me. I turn my head.

"See! I told you she would be here!" Ena complains.

"Y/n!" Irana cries, running to me.

I stand up, welcoming them both into my arms.

"We have seen you a lot on TV, but it doesn't compare to seeing you in real life! We missed you!" Irana cries again.

I smile.

"I missed you, too, Irana, Ena." I take my seat back on the rock I was sitting on, the little radio beside me.

"How's it been these last five years?" Ena asks.

"I'd rather save the sharing for when we're all together. Wouldn't like Sao and Hajime to know later."

"Then, how about between Oikawa and you? You can at least reassure us on this matter."

I chuckle, then lift my left hand up in the air.

"I still have my ring. We have been married for two years, now. Time flies so fast."

"Yeah.."

"And what about you two. Did you find someone?"

"Actually, yes." Ena says.

"Who?" I ask, teasing her.

She puts her finger to her mouth.

"I'll share at the table."

Irana giggles, before turning to look at me.

"Still pretty much single, but I'm not complaining. Acting's my whole life. But I'm talking to someone."

"I'm happy for you, then."

"Should we get to the restaurant. It's soon 11." Ena cuts through the conversation.

"Yes." I say in a hurry, standing up.

They start walking and I follow them, taking the little radio with me.

"You came with a car?" I ask.

"Yes, fortunately." Ena answers.

We take a little ride and a few minutes later, we've arrived at destination. I unbuckle my seat and get out of the car, as Ena and Irana do too. We enter the restaurant and search for our friends. I catch glance of the three boys, waiting for us. We walk toward them, stopping in front of the table. I sit beside Tooru, as Irana take a place beside me. Ena takes places beside Hajime.

"Hi, guys." I greet them. "It's been long."

"For some of us, in fact." Hajime agrees.

I frown.

"What? Did you all see each other without telling us?" I dramatically say, offended.

"No. Not us all, Y/n, don't worry." Hajime tries to reassure me.

"I did go to your wedding, though." Sao says. "And I saw Irana there. I hope that doesn't count."

Ena, Irana and I burst out laughing, unable to control ourselves.

"Well, Ena shared with Irana and I that she has been seeing someone. Who is that someone, Ena." I tease her.

She smiles at me. Beside her, I see Hajime lifting his hand, waving it. My jaw drops.

"Really? I never would have thought you would get together. How?" I ask, curious.

Then, I realize the identical rings to their ring finger on their left hands.

"You're getting married?" Irana reacts.

Ena nods to what she says.

"Omg, I'm so proud of you!" I exclaimed, excited for my friends.

"I wasn't at your wedding, because I was in the U.S." Ena explains. "Haj and I have been talking since he left for the U.S. himself. I moved there three years ago."

I'm so surprised by this information that I don't know what to say anymore.

"What about your uncle, Y/n? How is he handling his team?" Hajime asks, changing the subject.

"He's doing well. Actually, the team has become stronger. He's proud of them. At least, that's what he tells me in his texts."

"What about Julio?" Sao asks, curious.

"Julio's in his second year of studying to become a vet. He stopped volleyball, saying he wasn't as in love with the sport as me. He still played though. My uncle didn't care. As long as I pass down the sport to my children."

"Wow, that's change."

"Yeah, you could say I wasn't expecting this. But what about you, Sao?"

"I don't have anyone yet, but I'm sure it will come. I have plenty of clients and they are so grateful for the help I've been getting them."

"Well, congratulations."

"Thank you, Y/n."

"And what about you... Y/n?" Ena asks. "You told us you wanted to wait for us to be together to talk about the last five years."

I chuckle, a bit nervous.

"You want me to tell them?" Tooru asks me.

"No, I'll be fine." I say, turning my head away from him. "We have been traveling for the last five years. It's rather complicated to see each other, because of volleyball, but when we're on breaks, we usually take the next flight to Argentina or Japan to go see each other. It's been going on like this for four years." I explain as I take a deep breath. "What we wanted to say, is that I'll go live with Tooru in Argentina for one year and nine months."

"Why one year and nine mo-" Irana starts, but gets cut off by Ena's little scream.

"You are pregnant?" she asks.

I nod, smiling.

"We are gonna be aunties?" Irana asks.

I nod again. Their jaws all drop to the floor as Tooru and I try to stop ourselves from laughing too hard.

*-*--*-*

We ordered our food after this, talking about all possibilities for the future, how we could see each other again soon, how life will be going on for each of us. We ate while talking, while sharing. We stayed almost all the afternoon, but left one by one after that, Tooru and I needing to take tonight's flight back to Argentina. Hajime and Ena's flight was later that night, so they followed us. Sao and Irana returned home.

After five years waiting to see them again, we go our separate ways just a few hours after we met again. These moments will go rare as the years go by and I'm aware of this.

In the car to the airport, I put the radio on my lap, putting the volume on.

"Why did you bring your little radio?"

"Because I want to see how they'll react to me taking a break from volleyball."

Tooru laughed, putting a hand on my thigh.

"Apparently, according to the Captain of the Women's Volleyball Team, our beloved libero, Irihata Y/n, decided to take a break. Why do you think, Namada-san?"

"Maybe she got injured?"

"Or maybe a family member is ill?"

"You didn't tell your team's Captain the reason why you're taking a break?" Tooru asks, worried.

"Oh yeah, I did, but these little people make me laugh so hard when they talk about me. I told her to tease them a little."

He shakes his head, not believing what I did.

"You're not serious."

I shrug my shoulders, listening to Namada and Kurui share the options of my sudden decision to take a break from my team.

"You're unbelievable." Tooru whispers.

"I know. I know..."

*-*--*-*-

(A/N) : And here we are. This book is done. This was the last chapter. I hope, when you finish this, that you liked it. I also hope that the views will continue to go up and that people will like it as you did. I hope you liked this story. I hope I see you on the other ones I'll publish (Better this time, I swear.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.8K 445 12
"What...what happened to you?!" "You promised you would never leave....and then you were gone." Oikawa Tooru was depressed all threw Highschool. His...
542 1 28
Tooru will be her sun, and Hajime will be her moon. Even in the absence of the other, one of them will always shine a light on her path. She will ne...
115K 3.5K 25
After a devastating car crash that kills your mother and leaves you unable to play volleyball, all you can do is try and help out younger kids who st...
120K 4.7K 62
[Complete; 200k+ words] One way or another, the Makoshima children have been dogged by misfortune ever since the beginning. Different people cope in...