The Bet | Gay BxB |

dollygrand tarafından

The rich kid with a perfect life is challenged to make the bad boy with a bad temper fall in love with him... Daha Fazla

Welcome!
1. The Bet
2. First Encounter
3. Selling His Soul
4. Future Dreams
5. Past Nightmares
6. A Rough Day
7. The Secret Is Out
8. Arrogance
9. Reckless Deeds
10. Dangerous Progress
11. Torturous Date
12. Warming Up
13. Room to Breathe
14. Truths Come Out
15. Deep Scars
16. Still Here
17. The Signs
18. An Amazing Guy
19. Options
20. Rebellious Teen
21. Snitch
22. Night Out
23. Free Pass
24. Priorities
25. Growing Soft
26. Addictive [M]
27. Sad News
29. Reckless Intents
30. Keeper
31. Not Quite Right [M]
32. Party Time
33. Poisoned Family
34. The Truth
35. All Over
36. Pain
37. Sixty Days Since
38. Perfect
Smut Being Removed

28. Red Dress

6.6K 273 23
dollygrand tarafından

-Jax-

The following week wasn't the best. I tried to stay in a positive mood, but whenever I stood in my home, staring at everything we owned, reliving the memories we'd made in that house, the sadness returned. It would be gone soon. Not burned down, but still taken from me. I always thought it would be my forever home, a place where I could always return to, no matter where my life would take me.

Monday was especially horrible. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't eat. When Nic and I left for school, I wished I didn't have to come back home, as irrational as it was. Seeing it... It hurt. Knowing I had to start packing soon hurt even more. I couldn't stand it.

But Nic was there, letting me borrow his strength. He was so sweet, too, making sure I was comfortable and showering me with attention. I would've broken down if it wasn't for him. And there was something comforting in knowing he wanted to buy our house. He'd thrown it out there a few times, acting like he was joking, but I knew if I told him to buy it, he would do it in a heartbeat.

I was tempted. And because I was tempted, because I had that option, it was easier to keep myself together. Because there was no fucking way in hell I'd tell my boyfriend of less than two freaking months to buy our house. I had more pride than that. That was my decision. That choice was in my hands, so losing my home didn't feel like I had absolutely no control over my life anymore.

And when Monday became Tuesday, and Tuesday became Wednesday, and no one came to tell us to pack our bags and get the fuck out of our home, I started feeling better. The house obviously wasn't going to get sold immediately. We still had time. Not much, but there was still time to adapt.

Then we suddenly had something else to think about too.

"Didn't I already tell you I'm coming, huh?" Nic spoke harshly, doing his best to keep his anger at bay as he squeezed his phone. "I don't care about the damn suit! I have a suit at home!"

I sat on my bed, twirling my hair around my finger, completely lost watching him. He was hot when he yelled... I was practically drooling when he continued yelling at his father. He looked so big and strong as he paced in the room, his tight shirt hugging his body, his rolled-up sleeves showing the veins pumping under his tanned skin, his dark eyes flashing under his deep, fierce frown...

"Fine. I'm fucking coming, but you're not getting more of my time," he finally said, hang up, and threw the phone on the bed next to me.

"So you're meeting him at the tailor, after all?" I guessed.

"If it gets him off my fucking back..." he growled.

I hid my sigh from him. This would keep happening again and again. His father would find ways to force him to do as he wanted. I was right, that dirtbag would never give up control over Nic willingly. And Nic didn't even see that yet.

But I would make sure Nic would get his freedom the second the stupid annual celebration was over.

"Why is it on Wednesday?" I asked. "The ball or whatever."

"I don't know," he sighed and came to sit next to me.

He rested his chin on my shoulder and wrapped his arms around my waist. "What if I broke my leg before Wednesday?"

"You're not breaking your leg because of that moron," I said sternly. "You can just not go."

"I don't want to go, but if it gets him off my back..." he muttered, sounding tired.

I brushed my hand through his hair. It had gotten a bit longer now. Very nice to hold on to in bed...

I snapped out of my thoughts.

"I'll make sure he leaves you alone after Wednesday," I promised.

"Thanks... I wish I could take you with me..."

His father had banned me from the celebration, obviously. I did not mind at all, but I wished I could've been there for Nic. I feared his dad would use that opportunity to do something. I wasn't even sure what, but my options varied from public humiliation to kidnapping his own son. What if that shitshow tried to lock Nic in his basement or something to prevent him from leaving?

Okay, maybe not.

At least Nic's mom and brother would be there, keeping an eye on him for me. Daniel had already promised to make sure Nic didn't have to spend much time with his father at the party, and Jessica would be there too. It soothed me a little.

"So it's tomorrow? The tailor?" I asked, and he nodded.

"Right after school."

"Okay. In that case, I might ask my aunt if she needs me at the shop or something. That's pretty close to the tailor, right?"

"Yup."

"So if anything goes wrong, you can come straight to me," I said with a smile.

He glanced at me and smiled as well. He watched me for a moment, then kissed my cheek and hugged me tighter. "It does make me feel better knowing you'll be close by."

"I'll come and kick his ass if needed to," I promised.

"I fear you may need to..." he muttered.

I chuckled lightly and leaned my head against his. "Then I'll be there."

*****

My aunt didn't have work for me for the next day, but Jessica and Daniel offered to keep me company while they were shopping after school.

"There's a shopping street near the tailor," Jessica told me during lunch. "If you don't mind hanging out with us?"

I shrugged. "It's fine," I said, not exactly thrilled, but why not? These two were all right, and me hanging out with them made Nic happy.

And I'd be close by in case Nic needed it.

I had a bad feeling about him spending time with his father. I had no idea if his old man could get physical, but he definitely knew how to destroy Nic mentally. What if that bastard drove Nic into a panic? I couldn't stand the idea. Nic, panicking, at the mercy of his father with no support or friendly faces...

I damn near told him not to go. I just knew I'd spend the weekend trying to keep him calm, force him to eat and watch him as he struggled to sleep. He was doing so, so much better now. And that man would ruin it. I told Nic I was concerned, but he promised he'd be fine. He did seem happy that I was worried, though.

"I'll be fine," he said one last time when he was dropping me off at the shopping street. "I'll just leave if he gets too annoying."

I nodded slowly. At first I couldn't understand why Nic was willing to see his dad even though he didn't want to, but I guess... It was his father. I had the feeling he still wanted to have a relationship with that man. And no matter how much I hated it, it wasn't my job to tell him who he was allowed to have a relationship with. It was my job to be there for him when things went sour.

"Call me when it's over," I told him, and kissed his lips.

When I left the car, Jessica and Daniel were already there, and I realized I was supposed to actually hang out with them. Without Nic. Great. I waved at Nic, who continued driving, his expression already dropping.

I let out a sigh, then turned to face my... friends?

"So, what do you need to buy?" I asked.

"A dress," Jessica said. "Since... Well... Uh..."

"Since your boyfriend is taking my girlfriend to the party," Daniel told me, and squinted his eyes at Jess.

Jess rolled her eyes at him.

"He's just meeting her at her house," I said. "It's not like he's thrilled to stay a minute longer at your home than necessary."

"I'm kidding. It just sounds funny," Daniel said with a smirk.

"You two better look after him, understood?" I asked as we started walking. "If he comes back as a panicking mess, I swear..."

"We'll keep my dad occupied," Daniel promised. "But I'm bummed you aren't coming. That would give my dad an aneurism."

"You don't like him much, huh?" I asked.

"None of us do," Daniel said quietly. "But Nic is the unlucky one. He's got dad's whole attention to himself. Dad is obsessed with him. Kenneth and I don't really exist to him."

Right, right... Kenneth was his brother, too. Obviously...

"To be honest... I didn't realize Nic was suffering so much. Not until lately. He was..." he trailed off, shaking his head. "He got really bad really fast."

"He really did," Jessica agreed in a whisper. "He just... crashed."

"But..." Daniel glanced at Jessica. "Maybe we should've seen that coming. You know... The signs were there. He got... reckless. Didn't really think things through."

"I know what you mean," she said, glancing at me. "But he's got you now. Like I said before, I think you are exactly what he needed."

"Yeah, yeah," I muttered, waving my hand at her. "I'll do what I can."

"You've done a lot by the looks of it," Jess said, smiling. "He's so much better now."

"Yeah, and right now he's meeting that bastard who forced him to crash," I muttered. "I shouldn't have let him go."

"Bossy," Jessica said with a smirk. "But Nic does what he wants to do. You can't really stop him."

I let out a sigh. "Let's just hope it won't take long at the tailor."

"Yup. My store is this way," Jess said, and walked around the corner.

At least the store she took us to was only a few blocks away from the tailor's shop. When we stepped in, I realized we were in a very expensive clothing store with fancy dresses and suits. I eyed the mannequins... There was one wearing a blue evening dress in front of me, and I went to peer at the price tag. I coughed and retreated from it carefully.

"That would look good on you," Jess told me.

"Girl, it costs more than what I earn in a year," I said, but peered at the dress again.

"It's not that pricey," she said, and checked the price tag. "See? Only three grand."

"Only. I work at a candy store two nights a week," I said, snorting.

"You do?"

"You didn't know?" I asked. "Fuck."

She laughed. "Nic said you work at your aunt's store. He didn't say it's a candy store."

"Why?" Daniel asked, glancing at me. "You hate kids. You're poisoning the chocolates, aren't you?"

"I'm just helping my aunt," I said, but forgot the topic when I saw a big, dark-red dress with full sleeves and so much hem and frills it looked like a calm, bloodied waterfall.

I loved it. It was a tight fit with a deep V neck, and the lightly creased bodice continuing all the way down between the hips, also shaped like V. The long hem and frills started from top of the hips and continued all the way down to the floor. With a black jacket and a big, black belt and boots... Maybe a few spikes here and there...

"Oh, that would look great on you!" Jessica said as I took a few steps closer. "You should try it on!"

"I'm a dude, Jess," I reminded her when the employees of the store overheard her and got excited over a possible buyer.

"So what?" she said, gesturing for me to follow her to the dress.

"I can't even afford it!" I said, already knowing it had an even bigger price tag than the last one.

"Come on, you're built like a supermodel. A female super model. That dress would look so great on you," she continued, not noticing I was getting uncomfortable.

"Come on, Jess. He's not one of your girl friends," Daniel reminded her. "He's a dude. A very angry dude."

I snorted in amusement. "I'm not angry, I'm just... I hate it when I'm being stared at. And a guy wearing a dress..."

"Well, enough makeup and you'll pass as a girl," Jess said, but more carefully this time.

I slapped my hands on my chest. A very flat chest.

"And some filling?" she said, grinning questioningly.

I shook my head and sighed, but I was already feeling better. I turned my attention back to the dress and checked the price tag.

"Oh hell no..." I said, letting go of it like it was burning.

"But... You could still try it on?" Jess suggested. "I bet it would look great on you."

"Jess..." Daniel muttered.

"Okay, okay, I didn't want to push..." Jess said.

"You were supposed to find a dress for yourself," I reminded her.

"Right, right," she said, and turned to look around. "Let's see..."

"How about that green one?" Daniel asked, pointing at a dress further back. "Green looks so good on you."

"Aww," Jess cooed, but she looked genuinely happy that he was trying. "I want to see it closer."

I chuckled at how cute they were as they together made their way to the green dress. I waited for a moment before turning to look at the red one again. It was so my color... But five fucking grand...

"May I help you, Miss Moore?"

I glanced at Jess and Daniel, who were now chatting with one of the employees. Who knew Jess by her name. I guess she wasn't kidding when she called this place her store. But... She didn't actually own the store, right?

Fucking rich kids...

I followed Jess and Daniel around while they shopped. I kept an eye on my phone in case Nic tried to contact me, but I suppose things were staying... civil between him and his dad. Whenever I wasn't staring at my phone, I kept glancing at the red dress, cleverly placed right in the middle of the whole store.

"Are you sure you don't want to try it on?" Jess asked when she caught me staring at it for the hundredth time. "You don't have to show it to us."

"It won't fit. My shoulders are too wide," I said quietly.

"My mom could fix that for you," Jess said tentatively.

I turned to glare at her. "Aren't you a little problem solver."

She laughed at my insult.

"I mean, you do look kind of hot in a dress," Daniel said, and Jess turned to glare at him. "What? I'm not into dick and balls. I'm just stating a fact. You're the one going out with my brother."

"Well maybe you should take Jax to the party, then," Jess said, jokingly of course, but we all fell silent.

"I mean... I could," Daniel said, his eyes turning wide. "If you dress like a girl, I can take you to the party and you get to be with Nic while my dad has no idea! And if we don't tell Nic, it'll be a fun surprise! It'll make his night, I'm sure of it!"

"You are way too excited about that," I told him.

"I mean, come on! You already found your dress! Jess' mom can fix it for you!"

"It costs five fucking grand!" I noted.

"We can pay for it," Daniel said, shrugging.

"Stop trying to pay for my shit, you freaking Gabriels," I hissed, and walked away, leaving them chuckling at my words.

I ended up next to the dress. I crossed my arms and glared at it. I mean... I liked Daniel's plan, but there was no way I'd let him pay for the dress. No fucking way. Maybe I could find something much cheaper at a thrift store or something... Wait, no, that would mean I'd have to dress like a girl in a freaking fancy party at the Gabriel mansion.

I sighed and carefully touched the dress. It was so nice... I really wanted to try it on. There were just us three and the employers around... I didn't have to come out of the dressing room.

I smiled, but not at the dress. I smiled at Nic. The idea of trying this dress on didn't feel so intimidating, and that was thanks to him.

Fuck it. I was Jax the Snake. If I wanted to try on an evening dress, I would try on an evening dress.

"Fine," I said, and Jess emerged next to me out of nowhere. "I'll try it on. But I have no idea what size I should take..."

"Yes! Let's grab a few," she told me.

"Ugh..." I sighed as she did exactly that.

"Come on, then," she ordered, and made her way to the changing rooms.

The biggest size actually wasn't too far off. It was easy to put on, but I did struggle with the zipper. It didn't go all the way up, as I'd expected. But if Jess' mom could fix that... NO. Five. Fucking. Grand. I didn't have that kind of money! Maybe after we sold our house...

NO. Just... just no...

I stared at myself in the mirror in the brightly lit room. It did fit me really well. The creases made me look curvier than what I was. My Adam's apple was an issue, so was the lack of boobs, but the dress hid all the scars I had.

I carefully touched my waist and turned sideways. My butt looked kind of nice...

My phone started ringing, so I hurried to search for it from my bag.

"Nic, hi, you good?" I asked before he could even say hi back to me.

"Yeah I'm good. Stupid fucking suit... Where are you guys now?"

"We are at, uh..."

"Tell him we're at my mom's store," Jess told me behind the curtain.

So this is her fucking store!

I relayed the information to Nic, then hung up. He'd be there in a few minutes... And he'd probably want to see me in the dress... So...

I leaned against the wall and waited, still staring at the dress on me. With good makeup, nice hair, and fake boobs, I could almost pass as a girl. If people didn't look too closely...

"Over here!" Jess said, and I braced myself.

"Babe? Can I come in?" I heard Nic's quiet voice right behind the curtain.

"Sure," I said and faced him when he stepped in.

"Oh..." he gasped, holding his chest, his eyes glued to my body as he smoothly fell on his knees right in front of me, his hands then finding their places on my hips. "My fucking God... My boyfriend is so hot..."

I smiled at the worshiping look he gave me as I stood between his legs.

"Just fuck me," Nic muttered, pressing his lips against my stomach while his hands started traveling on my body.

"You like it?"

"I love it," he breathed out, his voice thirsty.

He stood back up, pushed me against the wall, and smothered me with his body as he kissed me heatedly. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, smiling and laughing lightly at his enthusiasm. He suddenly pulled back to stare at my body, and he smiled in a way that made me want to lose the dress right then and there.

"You're so fucking hot..." he breathed out. "We're taking this dress," he added and stepped back.

"Nic, no, it's five–"

"We're taking it," he repeated, pulling his wallet out while stepping out of the dressing room.

"Nic, no!"

I stepped out of the room, trying to catch him, but he was already gone. I stared after him, then laughed lightly.

"Oh my God, it does look hot on you," Jess said.

"It really does," Daniel agreed, glanced over his shoulder, and leaned closer. "So. Do we have a plan?"

I watched Nic, who stopped behind the registers. I smiled, feeling warm and happy inside.

"Yeah," I whispered back to Daniel. "We have a plan."

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

110K 4.7K 75
(This is the edited version of my book Bad Boy Knows My Secret) Jesse's life turns upside down once the football player from his school finds out he'...
44.6K 1.5K 34
In an all boys boarding school surrounded by football players 18 year olds Alex, Sam, Jason and Parker have two years left in school. Two years, to f...
68.9K 3.5K 53
[BxB] In the eyes of the public, Rhys Martinez is the darling boy of the governor of New York, who has an angelic smile and charming wit. The people...
125K 225 2
After losing his parents and being abused, Thomas is learning how to enjoy his life again - something he thought was impossible for him, but then he...