Confused

By remi1_rem

A story, based on how I come to terms with father complex, or better known as daddy issues, figuring out on h... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
8 & 9
10
11

7

11 1 0
By remi1_rem

So, on Thursday, I went to my therapist to talk about my troubles. I went into detail - father's not here anymore, but I try to look up to someone just like I did to my father. But even when I tried, even to my own godfather, my dad's brother, I still couldn't achieve the admiration and closeness level like the one I had with my father. And yet, I look up to one and only one person that way - my drum teacher.
I couldn't understand, why specifically him, a stranger, a mere musical instrument teacher. Although, I did realize why, while time went by. I believed, that he was the missing comfort I couldn't get from my father since. The suggestion of him listening, the times he said that he's proud of me. I feel mentally "hugged" every single time I hear him say those things.

As I told my therapist about my situation, she said that it's very nice, that I have people around me who can listen, who I can ask tips from. She also mentioned, that maybe to get over the grief, I should go to the cemetery, to talk to my now deceased father. Even if I can't see him, he can see me nonetheless, and can hear me, listen to me. That I could tell him my troubles, how far I've come and what I'm dealing with now. She specifically said that, because that's how most people deal with grief and loss.

I thanked her for her advice, and headed out of her office. Then I thought, maybe I should go alone sometime. Or maybe I should tag along my mom or my sister, when they go visit.

I'll probably ask mom when.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.9K 3.9K 70
Well, this is my first attempt of trying short stories. It is the collection of love stories.
16.3M 545K 35
Down-on-her-luck Aubrey gets the job offer of a lifetime, with one catch: her ex-husband is her new boss. *** Aubrey...
416K 1.4K 47
🔞🔞🔞 warning sex!! you can cancel if you don't like it.This is only for the guys who have sensitive desire in sex.🔞🔞
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...