See You Later

By superstar806

Maahi was well-versed in the art of unrequited love. After all, she was quietly and hopelessly in love with A... More

Author's Note
Dedication
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 (The past)
Chapter 24 (The past)
Chapter 26 (The past)
Chapter 27 (The past)
Chapter 28 (The past)
Chapter 29 (The past)
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 (The past)
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Author's Note and Acknowledgements
See You Later (Poem version)
Random Facts

Chapter 25 (The past)

2.6K 318 10
By superstar806

Eight years ago

Maahi didn't realize that one of her of most endearing memories of Aarush would be one where he didn't speak to her at all. And it was.

It was honestly one of the most mundane days otherwise. She had grumpily woken up on a Sunday morning and had been asked to go buy groceries. With a sour face and an even sourer demeanour, she ambled over to the grocery store near her house when she spotted him from afar. It had become so easy to do that nowadays. Zero in on him in a sea of people.

She slowed down her pace and just observed from afar. Aarush was standing at the local pav bhaji wala, paying the vendor when a poor little kid came running up to the thela. He looked down and smiled at the kid who smiled back toothily. He then spoke to the thela wala and took another plate from him.

He waved the kid over to a small table that the thela wala had set up and sat down with the plates. He patted the seat next to him. The kid happily trotted over and sat down next to Aarush.

For the next few minutes, Maahi just sat and watched Aarush and the little kid eat pav bhaji together. The kid kept talking with food in his mouth and Aarush kept listening with a smile on his face.

She wished she had her camera to capture this sweet moment. Then she slowly turned around and walked over to the grocery store knowing full well that she didn't need a camera to remember it.

Author's Note: This chapter is dedicated to a real life gentleman that my mother saw outside a grocery store, carrying out the same kind deed, almost 15 years ago. :') 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 905 32
\ əˈprɪs.ə.ti \ warmth of the sun breaking through in winter. "Marry?" asked Ranveer. "Last I remember, you refused me to marry me when asked!" Ranv...
264K 11.6K 48
Abir Rajvansh a Business tycoon. Fun loving, shayar, best photographer of the city and comedian of the house. His life changed after his father's dea...
2.1M 222K 69
Yaduvanshi series #2 A second chance romance If you want to read a story which make your eyes weep and heart bleed but then make you giggle and shy...
437K 19.3K 40
"Now that I have seen you naked...." Parmish paused to look at Meher who shot her head in his direction, giving him a death glare. Parmish chuckled...