Sirimiri ; ODAJIMA YUKEN

By callistajuliette

【retelling of high and low the worst!】 .... ❝Don't be afraid of storms, learn how to dance in the rai... More

Prologue
ARC 1
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
ARC 2
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Hi
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
ARC 3
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 5

1.8K 90 28
By callistajuliette

Honoka

"We have news on who attacked your brother." I put down the plates for the kids and gestured for them to eat first as they looked at me worriedly. Tsukasa had called me earlier and we were talking about Aimi and Arata. I moved away from the kitchen table and leaned against the wall, pressing the phone to my ear.

"Tsukasa? Who is it?" I heard him sigh.

"Housen."

I frowned. Housen? How is that possible? They don't know my brother and he has nothing to do with all that gang business.

"Housen? What do they have against my brother?" I asked and Tsukasa sighed.

"We found a ring. I assume the Mitsuboshi ni ichimonji emblem belongs to your family's clan?"

I gasped. Our grandparents told us the story behind the Watanabe name when we were little and that ring has been passed down to the son or sons of the first born of each generation. The current generation is my mother and the ring is owned or currently not owned by my baby brother Haruto.

The Watanabe clan was established by Watanabe no Tsuna (953–1025), a member of the Saga Genji branch of the Minamoto clan whose official name was Minamoto no Tsuna. He gave the clan its name after his stronghold at Watanabe no tsu, a port on the Yodogawa River in Settsu Province. The name itself means 'to cross over a river'.

The ring is a silver band with a sapphire in the middle and engraved is the family motto.

渇しても盗泉の水を飲まず

"T-t-that belongs to Haruto. But are you sure it was Housen? Can't it be-"

"One of our guys was attacked last night. He was beaten to a pulp. One of Nakaoka's faction was ambushed this morning. His head was cracked open."

I continued to listen as I held my breath.

"They also sent us a message. They told us not to interfere with their business and anyone who did, will be dealt with accordingly." Tsukasa's voice was filled with anger.

"They didn't sign it?" I asked, hoping that there wasn't any other sign that pointed to Housen.

"No but Nakaoka described the guys as a gang of bald guys." My heart dropped as I listened.

Could it really be them?

"So what are you guys gonna do now? You're not planning on..oh no.. you are aren't you?" I asked, my voice raising as I stepped out of the kitchen and to the garden.

"We have to seek justice against them Honoka. The people they hurt were our friends. And the note also stated that we'd settle this with them tomorrow." I heard rustling and shouts from the other side.

"I have to go. Be safe Honoka"

"No wait! Tsukasa-" The call was cut as I panicked to call again but it wasn't going through. He probably turned off his phone.

I tried Fujio. Nothing. Then Jamuo. Still nothing.

My eyes lit up in realization as I dialed a number. It rang for a few minutes before a voice answered.

"Hello?"

"Hello? Todoroki-senpai?"

------------------------------------

"Fujio asked you to help him?" I asked the man in front of me as I leaned against the wall. He nodded as he faced me to answer.

"He thinks that if Oya faces Housen with only the part-time students, we'll lose. He asked me to bring the full-time students as well." He explained as I frowned.

"But Murayama-senpai-"

"He doesn't know." I looked at him in disbelief. As far as I knew, Murayama-senpai had yet to agree on Fujio's declaration and want to take over as Oya's leader.

"Are you sure it was Housen? I mean all you know is that the guys who attacked him was bald and what does Housen have-"

"Why do you keep defending them?" He asked and I sighed.

"I know it sounds like I am but I'm worried that you guys may be jumping to conclusions. And you're the reasonable one senpai.." I explained and he nodded.

"I can't promise you anything Honoka but we'll just have to wait and see tomorrow..." He said, patting my head as he turned to leave.

"But Senpai!" I called out but he was long gone.

I panicked as I thought of what to do. I've only met the guys from Housen a couple of times but I could tell that they meant no harm unless they were harmed first or provoked.

My brother didn't even know them. How could they have been the ones who hurt him?

Something's not right.

BZZZZZ

My phone buzzed as I received a message from Yui-chan.

"Shojii-kun and a few students from Housen have been ambushed. They were beaten up badly and they cracked Shojii-kun's head open, he's in critical condition. Oni-chan said it was those Oya guys."

My brows furrowed in confusion before I gasped.

Cracked his head open? Like what happened to Fujio-senpai's friends?

Something was definitely wrong.

------------------------------------

THE NEXT DAY

I still couldn't contact anyone from Oya. I tried Housen as well but no one was answering. Odajima-senpai's phone couldn't be reached.

It was almost 3pm, the time Todoroki-senpai said they would fight.

I paced around my house when I heard a screech out my front door.

"HONOKA-CHAN! ARE YOU HERE!?" My brows furrowed in confusion as I hurriedly opened the door to my house.

"Murayama-senpai?!" I yelled as I looked at the giant truck in front of me, painted with splashes of blue and black. Oya's signature colors.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, confused as to why the senior students of Oya High were riding on a giant truck and parked outside my house.

"I assume you know what's going on between Oya and Housen?" He asked and I nodded.

"I think they're being framed senpai. It just doesn't add up. They've both never met before, what bad blood could they have against each other?" I answered and Murayama-senpai smiled.

"Tsukasa's right. You are pretty smart for a rich girl." He joked before taking a seat on the truck. He then looked at me, gesturing to the seat beside him.

"Well come on. You wanna help them, don't you?" He said and I looked at him, unsure. He seemed to notice my hesitation and stepped down to face me, eye to eye.

"You're a lot braver than you think, Honoka-chan. You may be a girl but that doesn't make you weak. Now, are you going to keep up the prim and proper act or are you going to help your friends?" He asked and I sighed before I nodded. He smiled before offering me a hand, helping me up.

"Ane?" I turned around to see Niki in the doorway, and holding his hand was Mina. I let go of Murayama-senpai's hand and walked over to them.

"Ane is going to help some friends okay? I'll be back as soon as I can." I said as they looked at me, scared.

"We'll stay with them Honoka-chan. We'll keep them safe." I turned my head to see Yudai-senpai and Ren-senpai. They were Murayama-senpai's cousins and were the youngest in the seniors class. They were pretty smart so they skipped a few grades.

"Be good for Ane okay?" I told them as they both hugged me as I waved goodbye.

I sat beside Murayama-senpai as we headed to the abandoned bridge near the train station. He explained what had happened and what is going to happen.

I just hoped we weren't too late.

------------------------------------

The truck sped faster to the place as we heard screams and shouts of pain and anger.

"Go full speed." I told Murayama-senpai who looked at me like I was insane.

"They're not stopping now. They'll only listen if you drop in intentionally." I explained and he nodded, tapping the side of the truck as sign for Hideto-senpai to drive faster. It zoomed in as students from both Oya and Housen moved to avoid being hit. I hid my hair underneath the black hoodie I was wearing as the truck came to a stop. Hideto-senpai stepped out from the driver's side before throwing a blue and white colored blowhorn to Murayama-senpai. I could hear Kun-senpai blowing hard on a whistle to get everyone to shut up as they were still yelling at each other.

"Okayyyyy, that's all for today. Stop fighting." Murayama-senpai said through the blowhorn as it started to quiet down.

"The support team shows up when we need it most." I could hear Jamuo say. I looked around and saw him near the truck, dirty and beaten up and propping his arm against the ground for support.

"We don't need a support team!" Fujio angrily yelled as Murayama-senpai looked at him calmly.

"We're fighting for our school's honor. Don't come in trying to break it up!" He continued.

"You're completely right." Murayama-senpai answered, pointing at Fujio before looking at everyone once more. "But you know what? No matter how cool you may think this is, there's no purpose to it." He finished as everyone yelled in annoyance.

There were people still not listening.

That's it. I grabbed the blowhorn from Murayama-senpai and held it to my lips.

"Listen you idiots!" I yelled, not even flinching as the blowhorn let out feedback. I pulled down my hood, letting hair down as the boys looked at me in shock.

"Honoka?"

"What is she doing here?"

"How did she know?"

"Listen here. Neither of the groups did what the other thinks." I said and they all looked at me, confused.

"Oya didn't attack Shojii-senpai and Housen didn't attack Yasushi-senpai or Akira. And neither are dealing Redrum!" I yelled as I handed back the blowhorn to Murayama-senpai.

"Honoka is right! The scum who is dealing Redrum are a gang called Kidra and they are not here!" He yelled.

"That's right! You're all being played by Kidra!" Hideto-senpai yelled.

"Kidra? Who are they?" I turned my head to see Todoroki-senpai, panting and his lip busted.

"Quit making shit up!" I heard Eimi-senpai yell as he grabbed Hideto-senpai by the collar. Yells broke out as a fight began to start again. I jumped down from the truck as I tried to reason with them.

"They're not making it up!" I could see a student from Housen with his arm in a sling run towards Sachio who looked exhausted as he stood beside Fujio. He had a funny looking hairstyle.

"Listen to this guy!" Murayama-senpai yelled, pointing to the student.

"Sawamura-san woke up!" He yelled and I sighed in relief, grateful he was all right. Housen began to quiet down when he yelled some more.

"He said that Oya wasn't the one who attacked us!" I could see Sachio take a deep breath before turning to Housen.

"You guys!" He yelled as they all looked at him in admiration.

I gasped when I realized he was the boss that Shojii-kun was trying to tell me about.

"It's over." He calmly stated as Housen began to leave. I could see Sachio whisper something to Fujio but I was a bit to far too hear it. I looked around to see Oya and Housen's conditions as they limped around to leave while others were still catching their breath.

"Honoka-chan?" I turned my head to see Odajima-senpai, hair messy and his glasses missing. His lower lip was bleeding and his favorite black hoodie was all dirty.

"Odajima-senpai!" I exclaimed as he gave me a small smile before looking at himself. He gestured for me to follow him as I nodded my head to Fujio who nodded back, smiling slightly as I followed Odajima-senpai.

"Sorry you had to see me like this. I'm not particularly this unkempt." He explained as he tried to dust off some dirt, wincing as he did so.

"It's all right senpai. I understand and I'm sorry I wasn't fast enough to warn you guys." I apologized, bowing my head as senpai giggled.

"You are adorable Honoka-chan." He said ruffling my hair as I looked up at him once more. He was smiling. Not the flirty smile he would usually give but a gentle one.

"Are you all right?" I asked and he laughed. I blinked when I realized what I just asked.

Idiot. He's obviously hurt, why would you ask that?

"Oh so cute Honoka-chan~" He teased. I blushed as hit him on the arm. He winced in pain.

"Sorry senpai! I completely forgot-" He grabbed my hand that was on his arm and placed it against his chest, I could feel his heartbeat slowly going faster.

"You have to take responsibility for this, Miss Watanabe." He teased, looking at me straight in the eyes.

"Huh?" I looked at him confused.

"Will you go-"

"Oi! Odajima!" I heard Kenzo-senpai yell out as Odajima-senpai groaned in annoyance.

"What!" He yelled back, hand still on top of mine.

"Sachio needs us! Let's go!" Kenzo-senpai yelled as Odajima-senpai sighed.

"All right~ all right, I'm going. See you tomorrow?" He asked and I unknowingly nodded as he gave me another smile, patting my head gently before turning to leave.

"Ah. Yuken." He said with his back turned to me and I looked at him confused.

"Huh?"

"Not Odajima-senpai. It's Yuken to you, Honoka-chan." He said, smiling at me once more before running to catch up with Kenzo-senpai.

"So...Odajima huh?" I groaned as I heard Fujio's teasing tone as I turned to face the rest of Oya.

------------------------------------

So sorry for the short chapter but I will make it up for the next chapter which will be up later this evening!

And we are almost up to 2K! Thank you all for the love and support for this!

And anyone who can guess the motto of the WATANABE CLAN WITHOUT GOOGLE TRANSLATING IT and explaining what it means, gets a mention in the next chapter <3

I'm sorry for the lack of scenes from the movie and that's because Honoka is still very much in her shell despite other people's attempts to get her to be more open. Don't worry she will.

As for Niki and Mina, they play a very important role in this part of the book. I wouldn't have given them names if that was the case so stay tuned!

You know the drill: Vote, comment and follow! And see you in the next update!

NO SILENT READERS PLEASE!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 101 11
This story is purely TPN crossovers! I won't update regularly. Each story will vary in length, so some may be shorter or longer than others If you wa...
125K 4.1K 58
Akari Ukai promised herself she was to never play volleyball again. Yet when her older brother Keishin Ukai injures himself, she must take the respon...
9.2K 370 20
"𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎." [todoroki yosuke x fem!oc] [based on the high & low movie franchise] Disclaimer #1: This...
42.4K 750 9
Random TsukiKage and Iwaoi one shots (mostly tsukikage) How to tell which chapter is which Tsukikage 🎈 Iwaoi ☕ (This is not character x reader I d...