return β€’ theo raeken [2]

By -obriens

❝I'm not fearless. I'm terrified.❞ - allison argent Luna Louve has spent years alone, but now she doesn't hav... More

PART ONE.
prologue.
one. memory lost
two. superposition
three. sundowning and relics
four. relics
five. radio silence
six. ghosted
seven. ghosted and heartless
eight. heartless
nine. heartless
ten. blitzkrieg
eleven. blitzkrieg
twelve. memory found
thirteen. memory found
fourteen. riders on the storm
PART TWO.
fifteen. all my exes live in texas
sixteen. pressure test
seventeen. pressure test
eighteen. pressure test and triggers
nineteen. werewolves of london and genotype
twenty. genotype
twenty-two. the wolves of war
twenty-three. the alpha beast of beacon hills
epilogue.
thank you.

twenty-one. mended love and broken glass

529 21 21
By -obriens

third person.

AFTER THEO AND LUNA dropped Mason off to his car at the Animal Clinic, they decided it was time to call it a night. Mason planned on filling Liam in on what happened down in the sewers, so they weren't worried about getting a hold of the others. Luna's house was off the table since it would be the best place for an ambush as it was on the edge of town with very few houses around.

"Where have you been staying?" Luna asks, leaning against the center console as she looks to him. Theo's head tips up as if he didn't hear her. "Like when I was gone, where'd you sleep?"

He taps the steering wheel and says, "You're looking at it." When he glances at Luna and sees she's confused, he continues, "I stayed here."

"In your truck?" Luna clarifies, causing Theo to nod his head. "Why didn't you tell me? I would've-"

"Let me stay at your house?" Theo interrupts. "With Charlie? Then Jonah and Asher? That would've been fun."

His words silence her. Theo and Charlie under the same roof without her would be bad enough as Charlie's taken every opportunity to threaten Theo but adding Jonah and Asher to the mix would be a nightmare. Luna remembers the bullet holes in the truck, and it dawns on her that he could've been sleeping when the Hunters attacked and kidnapped him. Her eyes soften as she gazes at him and her lips form a pout. Her fingers unclip her seatbelt and lift the center console so she can move to the middle seat. Theo's arm is in the air—it was previously resting on the center console—as he waits to see what she's doing. Luna tucks her feet up on the seat and leans into Theo's side to hug him. His arm wraps around her shoulders instinctively.

"I'm sorry," Luna states. "I wish I could've been here."

Theo's thumb rubs the exposed skin of her upper arm and says, "You were where you needed to be. I can take care of myself."

Luna lets herself get comfortable against Theo's side and moves her hand under his leather jacket where she can feel his heartbeat under her fingertips. Their breaths synchronize as they enjoy their moment alone while driving through the streets of Beacon Hills. Luna's hit with a sudden realization that they were still teenagers. She can't remember the last time she felt like one. After being abandoned by her family at such a young age and having to take care of herself, or even before that as she dealt with being a werewolf, she can't remember ever really being a kid. Luna wonders if Tara never died and if the Dread Doctors never came to Beacon Hills, would she have a life where Theo and her were high school sweethearts? Would nights of driving around town be considered normal? Would they still be together if they grew up with each other?

Theo hugs Luna closer, noticing her mind is somewhere else. Her thoughts flutter away as she returns to the present moment. She tilts her head up to look at him as he pretends to focus solely on the road. She leans up to press a kiss on the spot on his neck just below his jaw. He takes a quick but quiet inhale of breath and tries to keep his heart from jumping. A smile breaks out on Luna's face. Theo glances at her and rolls his eyes.

"I'm guessing sleeping in my truck isn't an option," Theo says to change the subject. Luna shakes her head and reaches for her phone.

She says, "I'll text Melissa."

"Scott's mom?" Theo asks, and Luna doesn't notice the harshness in his voice.

"Yeah, when she let me stay last year, she insisted I keep the key. I think she was a little worried about me." Luna's voice is quiet when she says the last part. The bitterness that usually flares up whenever he thinks about Luna and Scott together dissipates when he realizes Melissa is a mother-figure to Luna. Even though she isn't in the pack or Scott's girlfriend anymore, she is always going to be a part of his family. Plus if he took anything away from her journals, Theo should be comforted by the fact that he is the reason they broke up in the first place. "She said we can stay in the guest room for tonight."

"Just tonight?" Theo asks, taking a right on the road to head in the direction of Scott's house. Luna stares at the side of his face, trying to figure out if he is being serious. Theo glances at Luna, and it dawns on him why it would only be the night. "Oh. Right."

The drive to Scott's wasn't too long as they weren't far. After Theo pulls into the driveway and shuts the engine off, he and Luna get out and grab their bags out of the backseat. Luna leads him to the front door and uses her key to let them in. As they come in and she locks the door behind them, she reminds Theo that it's the first door on the left. Luna follows him up the stairs. Down the hallway, as Theo steps into the room, Scott peaks out of his bedroom, and he and Luna make eye contact. Luna smiles and waves before following Theo inside. Theo drops his bag onto the empty chair in the corner of the room as he looks around the room. Luna places her own bag on the dresser and pulls out a t-shirt and pair of sweats to change into. She leaves the clothes on the dresser, and she turns around.

The dresser's edge digs into her back as she watches Theo. He's digging in his bag and sniffing some of its contents to see how fresh they are. His shoes are already discarded, but he is still wearing his jacket. Her feet move on their own after a thought crosses her mind: she wants to help him remove it. Her hand reaches for his elbow, and she softly tugs it towards her. Theo turns around at her touch with his eyebrows raised. The two can feel the tension shift between their bodies as her fingers trail up his chest slowly. Luna's eyes follow her hands that disappear under his jacket around his shoulders. She can feel his muscles tense under her palm as the material loosens from his body. The jacket falls down his arms. He helps his hands out of the sleeves before handing it to her. Their eyes meet. Luna turns to hang his jacket on the hook on the door, but the jacket ends up on the floor when Theo quickly pulls her body close and lifts her into the air as his hands grip the back of her thighs. Luna's hands find his shoulders again.

"Is this how fast you were thinking?" Theo asks, desperate to feel her underneath him again. Luna can only muster out one word.

"Please."

The word is all he needs before he presses his lips against hers. Her hands move to the back of his head and run through his long locks. He moans into her mouth and carries her to the bed. They break away momentarily to shuffle to the top of the bed, but their lips find each other again as soon as her head hits the pillow. One of his hands grasps one of her thighs and wraps her leg around his waist, making it easier to press his hips into hers. It's her turn to moan into his mouth as she pulls his hair. Luna's lips move down his jaw to his neck as Theo continues to work their hips together.

"I need more," Luna says as her hands grab the hem of his t-shirt. He doesn't argue and quickly removes the fabric. She marvels at the sight as she works on removing her own shirt. When that's gone, she reaches behind her to remove her bra as Theo's lips work a spot on her neck. With her chest exposed, she basks in the feeling of his lips on her skin and the ever present pressure between them. The rest of their clothes follow soon after as their need to relieve the ball of passion becomes unbearable.

〰〰〰

The sun begins to slowly rise over the horizon, painting the room in a hue of blue that matches the sky. Theo lays with his arm around Luna and his head on her chest, covered by his t-shirt. Luna has one arm tracing up and down his bare back and the other caressing the arm that's around her. She slept for a couple of hours but remembering that Theo was in her bed, and that she could hold him through the night, woke her up. It's ironic that before he came back she couldn't sleep at all and now that she has him close, she still can't sleep.

The room is yellow before Theo starts to stir. Luna continues rubbing his back as he wakes. His thumb rubs her side as he snuggles further into her. It appears as though a thought crosses his mind because his head pops up to see who's underneath him, and it almost seems like he doesn't believe it. Luna watches his eyes widen and blink the sleep away to see her more clearly. There's a small smile on her face. He stares at her for a long time before leaning in to press his lips against hers. It's a long, sweet kiss. When he pulls away, he doesn't go for long as he continues to peck her lips. The final kiss is enough to hold them both over.

Theo asks, "Did you get any sleep?"

Luna rubs his shoulders as she answers, "A couple hours."

The two hear footsteps in the hallway and assume it's Scott.

"You should get a few more. We don't know what the day's gonna be like."

Luna shakes her head.

"I'll be fine."

"I really think you should-"

"Just give me a few minutes." Theo studies her face and finds worry across it. "Like you said, we don't know what the day's gonna be like. Let me hold you a little longer."

Theo nods in understanding and continues to study her face. He isn't looking for anything now. Instead, he's memorizing each detail: the color of her eyes, the curve of her nose, the shape of her lips. Luna moves her fingers to brush a strand of hair out of his face and begins to slowly trace over the details. She starts with his eyebrows, up to his forehead, down his nose, around his cheekbones, and across his lips.

"I love you," she whispers. Their eyes meet as the words fall softly out of her mouth with nothing but sincerity backing up the sound. Her eyes gloss over as his eyes do the same. She's the first one to say it after having interrupted him the night she killed the Ghost Riders. It was something that always lingered between them but now is out in the open.

"I love you," Theo whispers, and she knows it was worth the wait.

Luna kisses him once more and turns on her side to sleep, letting Theo fit in behind her, and Theo starts brushing through her hair with his fingers. She interlaces her fingers with the hand of the arm her head is using as a pillow. The tiredness she swore wasn't there comes full force and drags her into the depths of sleep.

More than a few hours later, Theo woke Luna from her slumber. No one had called them for anything, but it didn't mean nothing was happening. Luna was a lot less sweet than Theo was when he woke her up. Bribing her with a shower together was the only thing to get her up from the bed. Now, as they're walking down the steps, they hear voices at the bottom that didn't belong to Scott or Melissa. One is Lydia's, that much Luna can tell right away. After reaching the final step, Luna looks to see who Lydia's talking to.

"Peter?" Luna asks in surprise. "Lydia? What are you doing here?"

Peter sighs in annoyance as he crosses his arms over his chest. Lydia fixes her gaze on Luna and Theo and asks a question of her own.

"What are you two doing here?"

Peter mutters, "Not this again."

Luna squints at Lydia as Theo answers, "Sleeping."

"Hm," Lydia replies, placing her hands on her hips as she stares directly into Luna's eyes. The blue haired girl can feel a blush creeping into her cheeks as she knows Lydia suspects they were doing more.

"We're looking for Scott and Malia. The phones are down. Monroe and Gerard are cutting us off from the outside," Peter states. Luna can tell he's worried by the look on his face.

Lydia adds, "And from each other."

Luna sighs and steps off the last step into the living room.

"Which means they're almost ready for war," she says. Theo follows her down and places a hand on her shoulder.

Theo states, "Which means we need to find Scott. I heard him and Malia leave this morning, but I don't know where they went. It didn't sound urgent though."

"Then we'll need to split up. Peter and I will go to the Animal Clinic. You two go to the school," Lydia says, making a plan. Luna nods as Theo runs back up the steps to grab their bags and his keys.

Luna stops Peter and Lydia from leaving with a question, "If the phones are down, how do we get a hold of each other?"

Peter shrugs and says, "We'll just keep trying the phone till we get through."

"We'll call you if we find them," Lydia states as the two head out the back door. Luna opens the front door, preparing for Theo to carry their stuff straight out. Once he's downstairs, Luna stops him before he's out of the house.

"In case we don't get the chance," Luna says and kisses him. The kind of kiss that makes a person want to head back upstairs and not come down for a couple days. She pulls away and steps outside so Theo can't convince her to stay inside. He stands in the doorway as though the events of the night are replaying in his head. Luna laughs. "Come on."

Hours pass by of Theo and Luna searching through the school for Scott and Malia. Luna only graduated last year, but it feels weird to be walking around when she isn't a student. They didn't dare to split up, knowing they were better together against both the Hunters and the Anuk-ite, and it is always a bad idea when people do it in the movies. The two search the halls, the classrooms, the locker room, and the library and never find anyone besides a few afterschool stragglers. They even search the lacrosse field and parking lot and still can't find them. The sun is on the verge of setting as they climb into Theo's truck when Luna gets a call from Lydia.

"Peter and I think we know where they are. Do you know that lot with all the shipping containers?" Lydia asks through the speaker of Luna's phone. Luna looks to Theo because she doesn't know what the redhead is talking about.

Theo answers for her, "Yeah, I know where it is. We'll meet you there."

After hanging up the phone, Luna asks, "Why would Scott and Malia be there?"

Theo shrugs as he pulls out of the school parking lot. The rain is pouring down on the truck as the windshield wipers swipe back and forth as fast as they can. Luna wonders why Scott would take off early in the morning without telling anyone, especially with how things have been going lately. He probably doesn't even know the phones are down.

It's dark by the time they get there. Lydia and Peter are parking as they pull in, and they wait for Luna and Theo to park before they head over to where they can see Scott and Malia with Deucalion on the ground. Scott's helping Deucalion up as they run over.

"Scott!" Lydia yells over the rain. The four take cover under the structure the three were standing under. "Scott! None of us are gonna survive this."

Malia looks over to Scott who's confused and the latter asks, "What? Why? What are you guys doing here?"

"They're coming," Peter states. "Monroe and more, and they have heavy firepower."

"They're ready to start the war," Luna declares, knowing that her words are true.

Suddenly, heavy fire is shooting off from her right, piercing right through Deucalion who's back is towards the gunshots. The group ducks fruitlessly as they watch the previously blind man hit the concrete. They see cars lined up and people shuffling into position. The man who shot Deucalion turns to look at Monroe. Each friend has little time to get to cover as the other Hunters raise their semi-automatics and start shooting at them. Luna and Theo shuffle to the nearest concrete pillar as the bullets narrowly miss them. When they're covered, Luna checks Theo's body for any wounds and finds none. Her mind runs a mile a minute as she tries to figure out how many people were shooting at them and how many of her friends were unharmed. All Luna has to do is shift into the Beast and take care of every single one of them. Bullets don't affect her the way they affect her friends. Nothing did. Not even wolfbane.

Luna is their only hope of getting out alive.

Hi, guys! It's been a year and a half, and I'm officially ending this series. There are two more chapters after this and then an epilogue. Next update is next Monday! Unless I finish writing the epilogue then I'll probably update sooner.

Theo and Luna said I love you to each other! How did that feel? Sorry if you were expecting more from their spicy time, I'm more of a leading up to the moment kind of writer. I love them together so much, I almost wish I could write about them forever. Also, this is the calm before the storm, baby. Get ready, 'cause shit's gonna go down.

I hope you liked the chapter! Please vote and comment what you think!

-chelsie
word count: 2976

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

321K 11.5K 68
𝐅𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐃 | ❝ I'm not Divergent, I'm Fractured. ❞ ━ IN WHICH Rita Rose, a young Factionless girl is given the chance of a lifetime. Or, al...
511K 12.4K 29
"Someone mixed up your spices, didn't they, Ginger?" "Not another word, Bellhop." [ the 100 season one ] [ bellamy blake ] BOOK ONE OF THE BRIGID CA...
125K 3.9K 49
"You have to marry Park Chanyeol." I stood up. "I can't marry him when I'm in love with Jongin!" "Saehee, you're our only heir. How can you be like t...
144K 2.9K 15
❝Note to self, the good boys don't just mend a girl's heart. They break them.❞ Note To Self [season one] Copyright © 2017, BeautyAndMarie_