Burn Me Right

By Nyxiden

Autumn Wraith took a step a 20-year-old shouldn't take. She was naïve for her own ruin. One wrong move, or sh... More

warnings
Diabolus et angelus eius....
Prologue
Angelus Mortis
manes praeterita
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter- 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91

Chapter 30

844 31 22
By Nyxiden

Zyler sat on the edge of his seat, his fingers tapping impatiently on the desk as he meticulously combed through the drone footage. His eyes flicked back and forth between the screens, scanning for any signs of weakness or vulnerability in his targets.

The walls of his office were lined with all manner of illegal technology, which people would mistake for decoration. One had to look closely to understand what they were, including the sleek, silver drones he used to take down his enemies. They were his most prized possession, the secret key to his power and dominance. He could operate it from anywhere, and without them knowing, he could render them unconscious.

With a flick of his wrist, he zoomed in on a particular target, watching with a sense of satisfaction as the dart from his drone found its mark, sending the unsuspecting victim into a deep slumber. The power he held in his fingertips was intoxicating.

But even as he reveled in his victories, he knew he had to be careful. The drones were his greatest weapon, but they were also a liability. He created them with his own mind. They were his babies. He scoffed at the thought of the government trying to regulate his activities. They raided his businesses many times, but he managed to dodge them every single time. They could try, but they would never succeed in bringing him down.

The door opened, and Lily walked in. "Zy," she ran to him and hugged him. Zyler immediately got up and responded to her hug.

"How are you, Lilly?" He made her sit on the other end of his table.

"I am great. Where were you? What took you so long?" She didn't give him a chance to speak. She kept throwing questions at him like daggers.

"I had to be away for work for a while," he rounded to his desk and took his seat.

"But. You are never away for this long. What kept you there?" she was searching his eyes for something.

Zyler smiled, "well. England is interesting this time," he leaned back and crossed his legs.

"Interesting?" Lily was looking around. She would have found something in his eyes if she had looked closely. Something even God would miss if their attention weren't keen on him.

"Yeah. You know how they say every time you lay eyes on something or venture into uncharted territory, you unearth new beauty in the most unexpected places," he muttered," he internally scoffed at his own poetry shit.

"I don't get it," she saw a new Zyler in him. England definitely changed him this time. "What was so interesting about Wiltshire?" She knew where he was, Cole told her.

"Did Cole you I was in Wiltshire?" he chuckled amusingly. Lily was something. The woman was kind and caring toward Zyler.

"Maybe," she acted coy this time, and Cole busted through the doors right on time.

"I was so scared, Lils. The staff informed me you weren't home. How many times do I have to tell you to text me before you leave?" He came in and hugged her, worry evident in his eyes. Zyler wondered if he would ever have someone to worry about him or if he would worry about someone as such. He cleared his throat to get their attention, feeling like an intruder in this moment of familial warmth.

Cole let Lily go and stepped back. "I am fine, Cole. I have to talk to Zy," she pushed from him and sat in the chair. Cole didn't. He stood in his spot. Zyler raised his brow, asking what it was.

She rubbed her hands excitedly and dramatically sighed, "I found a match for you," she squealed. Zyler chuckled, and Cole held his breath. Though he knew Zyler would never even raise his voice at Lily, he also was scared about his unpredictable nature, but to everyone's surprise, he didn't even show he was angry. His expressions were calm.

"Did you now?" He rocked back in his chair. He looked at Cole with an expression of, "Did you know this?" but all Cole did was gulp and stiffen. The atmosphere thickened. Only Lily wasn't aware of it. Bless her heart. Ignorance is truly bliss.

"Yes, and I think you will be thrilled, too," she scrunched her shoulders excitedly. Now Cole began to tense more. He knew Zyler hated Bella. Bringing her name would do no good.

"Well? Don't you want to know who it is?" Lily scrutinized Zyler's expressionless face.

"Of Couse, Lily. Who is it?" he was amused at the care Lily showed toward him. He also knew that he would have to shut her down, but politely.

"Bella," she almost yelled. Zyler shut his eyes momentarily, biting his lip to control his anger. Huffing, he opened his eyes.

"Bella?" he questioned. He had no clue where she came up with this. Did that bitch put her up to this?

"Yes. Zy. I think she likes you. Besides, she is my cousin. You two will make a perfect couple," Cole put his hands on her shoulder before her words even came out.

"He just came home—Lil's. Let us not disturb him. Let's go," he was about to pull her up, scared of what would happen next, but Zyler held his hand in the air, asking Cole to stop.

"What made you think I like Bella, Lily?" Zyler was angry. He will end that bitch. He also suspected this might not have been Lily's idea, the woman was a sweetheart, but without someone mentioning it to her, she wouldn't have come up with this idea.

"Well, don't you?" Lily's eyes saddened a bit. She hoped that Bella and Lily would be closer if this match worked.

"Hmmm......." Zyler thought for a second. "Am I allowed to take my time and think? Or do you want the answer right this minute?" Zyler's answer shocked the hell out of Cole. Why is he so calm? Why aren't things in his office flying like rockets everywhere?

"You will think about it?" The look on Lily's shocked face was priceless. Honestly, she had fewer hopes for this match. She also thought she would have to press him to think about it, but this was easier than she thought.

"I will," a nefarious idea suddenly infiltrated his mind. "Now, if you excuse us. Cole and I have something to discuss," he looked at Cole. "I will see you soon. Lily," he dismissed her. Lily walked to Zyler and hugged him. She kissed Cole on the cheek and walked out of the building.

"Are you really going to consider marrying Bella?" Cole didn't waste a second. He had to salvage the damage.

"Not a bad idea, is it?" Zyler got up from his chair and walked to the edge of his glass room. "What do you think, Cole? Would we make a good couple?" Zyler wanted to laugh. The nerve of that bitch. Did she really think manipulating Lily would get him to marry her? But he has to give her points for trying.

Cole gave no response. He knows how Zyler treated Bella and how the woman latched onto Zyler and wouldn't let him go.

"Where do you think Liam is, Cole?" Zyler switching topics caught Cole off guard.

"Barbados was where he was last seen," Cole dutifully answered.

"When is the meeting he is going to host?" Zyler and Liam's meeting would only lead to destruction. Nothing good will come out of it. But that is what Zyler wanted, the destruction of his nemesis.

"In 2 weeks, should we respond?" Cole didn't waver his gaze from Zyler.

"Yes. I think I would love to send a present to Liam, too," Zyler turned around to face his assistant. Cole did not understand his boss's motives.

"Do you think Liam would appreciate Bella?" He walked back to his desk and grabbed a cigarette. Cole put two and two together and understood where Zyler was getting at. But his doubt was if it would work. Bella wants Zyler, not Liam. Why would she help seduce Liam?

"I know what you are thinking, Cole, but the thing about desperation is that it will make you do things," he uttered, his voice dripping with confidence and a hint of amusement. "It's amazing what one can achieve when they're pushed to their limits," he lit his cigarette and inhaled the toxin.

"So. You will marry her?" He was confused. "Wouldn't threatening work?" Cole knew Zyler could threaten Bella, but why was he doing this?

"Sometimes, the most effective weapon in one's arsenal is not a gun, but a silver tongue, Cole. Lucky for me, I am a silver-tongued demon," he winked.

"I don't understand," Cole was scared Lily would be hurt. The woman did not understand all these. All she wanted was for Zyler to marry and settle happily.

"Sometimes you have to say something. Just what the other person wants to hear," Zyler sighed. "Lily won't be hurt, Cole. I promise," he assured. He cares for Lily just as she cares for him. If it was a few months ago, he might have married that bitch Bella for her power or her shares. Her father owns a specific position in the government that Zyler wants to take over. Besides, he also needs support if Bianchi's decides to wag their tails and try and be wise. As brilliant as he is, he also knows how to make other people pay the price with their lives than him paying it.

Cole nodded and walked away. Zyler put his cigarette in the ashtray and sauntered over to his desk. Pulling another cigarette, he lit it. He pulled up his illegal website and entered Autumn's details. He pulled up school records and the place where she grew up. He knew stuff about his little dahlia, but there were so many things he didn't know also. So, he wanted to explore her today.

She wasn't the brightest in the bunch. Her reports were subpar. He understood she was above average student. Well, not what he expected her to be. But the woman had a penchant for writing. He flipped through her articles, all of which were impactful and fueled with emotion. He wondered what had happened to her. If she could write articles with such passion, why wasn't she brilliant? Where was she lacking? But he shook his head. Why does he care? All he cared about was keeping her with him.

He closed the webpage and settled back in his chair. Closing his eyes, he drifted to sleep. And suddenly, he remembered he saw something. He jolted from his chair and pulled up the page again. He scrolled down and clicked on a picture of what appeared to be her college fest. She was holding a cup and that crazy dog, but that was not what caught his eye. The man behind her. He knew that boy. Fuck he even threatened that boy. What the fuck was Nicholas Bianchi doing with her?

Fury crossed his eyes. He knew her, and she knew him. Was he her boyfriend? Did she date him? Did she fuck him? Did he touch her in the places that he wanted to touch her? Did he savor those delicious lips of hers? His twisted mind mocked him with their images. His mind was consumed by the image of Autumn and Nick intertwined in a passionate embrace. He could feel his blood boiling, his fists clenching in anger. How dare they?

The thought of Nick's hands on her, his lips on hers, made his skin crawl. He would make them pay for this. Oh, how sweet it would be to watch him suffer, to see the fear in his dahlia's eyes when she realizes the price she would pay for her indiscretions. He smiled a cold, cruel smile, his mind already devising the perfect punishment. He had already warned that bitch boy to stay away from what's his. Oh, now he will know what it is ever to cross him.

"Oh, my little Dahlia. You have no idea what you have done," he shut the laptop with a force that cracked the screen. In hurried steps, he reached the door.

"I think it's time for you and your little friend to learn a lesson," Zyler whispered to himself, getting into his car. He leaned back in his seat, savoring the fear that would radiate off her. "I will make it painful. It will be a treat you won't forget." He chuckled. His mind played those images of them making out.

"I will enjoy watching his life fade away from his eyes, baby girl. I will promise you this much," he shook with anger.

"A cigar in your cunt wasn't enough for you, Autumn?" He savored the thought of the fear that would be etched on her face as she realized the true extent of his power. He closed his eyes, relishing the sadistic thrill that surged through him at the mere idea of the control he held over her. Oh, he wouldn't break her-that wouldn't be any fun. No, he wanted to see her tremble, to watch the flicker of hope in her eyes slowly fade into despair as she realized there was no escape from his grasp.

"I will show you my world tonight. Autumn. The dark world. As the darkness swallows you whole. You will realize that the only light left in your life will be the one shining off my twisted smile," he snarled with a menacing tone, his eyes glinting with sick pleasure.

..........................

Autumn's body vibrated with anxiety. She clutched her medallion, rocking back and forth. He knew. He knew about me. This is why he wanted revenge. Sam's words rang in her head. "Don't go write about these people, Atty. They are dangerous," she squeezed her eyes shut. "I should've listened to her. I shouldn't have done this," she bit her lips, clutching her sister's chain tight.

She closed her eyes and remembered every detail of how he stalked her. He knew she had written about him. Is this his way of taking revenge on her? Can he not just kill her and spare her the torture? Why does he have to keep doing this?

Her mind went back to the first time she saw him. He was standing outside her house. He leaned on the tree while she had a candle in her hand. How stupid was she to think that little candle could protect her?

And the head. Did he notice her gagging and retching? Did he enjoy her frightful state? "Your fear tastes so much better little bird," his voice rang in the room. "No, no," she shook her head. Somehow knowing the truth was far scarier than not knowing it.

"I need you, April," she remembered how she saved Autumn from her cousins as they were bullying her for being slow like a snail. She was her shield. They all were afraid of April. She always admired her sister's strength. But now she needed her strength more than ever. She might die in this place and might never see her sister ever again.

..............................

The Diary of a broken girl.............

As he entered the room, my heart sank. I knew what he wanted from me. I silently followed his orders to undress, too afraid to say no. He stalked closer to me. Licking his lips, he traced the corners of my body like I was an artwork to be memorized. He touched every part that he was going to keep locked in his head. His hands were the only thing I had closer to human touch. I wasn't allowed to have friends, and neither did I have time to make them.

It wasn't always like this between us. He used to be my protector, the older boy who would chase away the monsters under my bed. I remember the days when he would bring me muffins and tell me stories. But now, the only story I have to tell is of the monster he's become. The sweet boy I once knew is gone, replaced by a dark force that consumes him. And I, a mere victim, am left to suffer in his presence, wondering where my protector went.

He kept me away from monsters. He never touched me when I was younger. Should I feel lucky for it that he protected and let me have my childhood? Or should I curse him for showing me mercy and taking it away from me brutally? I don't know whether to be grateful that he spared me from abuse when I was younger or to curse him for making me believe that he was my savior. I was so naive to trust him, to believe that he was still the kind boy who brought me sweets.

As he thrust into me, I tried to get away and break free from his hold, but he seized my movements. Anger took him hostage, and his brutality worsened. He pushed into me with the force of a demon. "Let me go," I screamed, but he only laughed, crushing me under his weight. His teeth marks from a few days ago haven't faded, but he decided to grace my body with many more.

"There will be no one between us. I won't allow it," he grabbed his cigarette. For some reason, he loved to smoke while he fucked me, making me inhale the smoke. I despise him. I hate him. I want to leave. I want to be free. I think about her, Autumn. She was the only thing that kept me strong. My little girl had so many issues growing up. Her speech was not perfect. Poor thing had problems with differentiating six from 9. I wonder what she was doing. Was she free? Was she living her life? Will she ever see me? Will I ever see her? Her smiling childhood face is what keeps me going. I hope she never stops smiling. I wonder how she looks now. Was she like me? Does she resemble me?

The intensity of his groans increased, and his thrusts became powerful. In a few more thrusts, he came undone, and I lay there like a doll, used and dirty, feeling lost again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 2.3K 25
The moment his eyes lands on her, he's all determined to make her his. He gets and keeps her against her will. But what he doesn't know is that, the...
112K 5.5K 77
He wanted her; She'd always tell -- "I hope that you burn forever in hell." He has her in his grasp; This type of duo was never meant to last. Story...
275K 9.9K 16
She has been destroyed by him in the worst way. After been kidnapped, tortured and raped by him, nothing is left in her to survive. Still with a ray...
155K 3.9K 62
"The only way out is through." ***Warning: Is very triggering. Lots of detailed descriptions of abuse*** When your life turns into a nightmare and so...