His Emancipator๐Ÿ–ค [His Duet #...

Por alphabarbieee

"You're so soft baby" he murmurs. "I wish I could say the same about your dick." I exclaim. An enticing smile... Mรกs

BOOK PLAYLIST
Author's Note and Character Aesthetics
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE.
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE.
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE.
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY ONE
CHAPTER FORTY TWO
CHAPTER FORTY THREE.
CHAPTER FORTY FOUR
CHAPTER FOURTY FIVE
CHAPTER FORTY SIX
CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN
CHAPTER FORTY EIGHT
CHAPTER FORTY NINE
EPILOGUE
Author's note and Spinoff announcement

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

20 1 1
Por alphabarbieee

I don't like how this chapter turned out even after several editing i just wasn't satisfied but read on it's not all bad😊

“You ready?” Zuri asks from the passenger’s seat.

“Well we’re here I don’t see how I can’t be” I reply

We’re packed next to what used to be my apartment complex. It’s surreal how it’s just yesterday that we had the argument. A lot has happened today and I’m just ready to go to bed after this. But first, I get the evidence.

“Do you want me to come with you?”

“No. I need to do this alone. This is my personal battle” I state.

“Okay but if I hear a peep, I’m coming in”

She flips open the dashboard, withdrawing a gun from it. She sure came prepared. “You have a gun?” She rolls her eyes, unbelievably “This is US what do you expect?” Okay. Fair enough.

“Do you even need it?”

She twists her head in thought, “You’re right, I should’ve brought my cat o’ nine tails.”

“You have those?”

“That’s the whole point of saying I should’ve brought them isn’t it”

I chuckle at her sarcasm, “Why do you even have all those weapons?”

“I’m not sure cat o’ nine tails are used to only inflict pain” of course she’d say that “But when you’re a mafia Don’s daughter, you ought to learn how to protect yourself. So be a good boy and signal if shit starts looking suspicious”

“I will” although I’m sure if shit goes south she’ll be there within minutes since she’ll be listening in on the bug.

“Funny how I warned her off you and now you both will be only one foot apart” she mumbles.

“Technically, I’m going to her, she’s not coming to me” I assure her.

“Good. Now let me make sure the bug is working correctly” she turns my front towards her.

My black t-shirt upper button is not really a button but a bug camera to record the conversation I’ll be having with Madison. We agreed this is the only way, lure her into talking. I’m not sure what toll it’ll take on me but I’m ready. For the sake of my future, I’m ready.

“Hey” Zuri talks into the bug, her voice ricocheting to the laptop in her lap. “It’s perfect.” She says, lightly patting my chest. The action causes a fluttering effect in my stomach.

To add icing to the cake, she shuts the lid of her laptop and presses a kiss to my temple “Go show her what you’re made of. But do come back in one piece or I won’t be responsible of what happens to her” she says seriously.

“Okay I’ll see you in a few” I promise before sliding out of the car and into the slightly humid night air.

“Let’s do this” I encourage myself before opening the apartment door. I hope she’s around or the past hours will be perfect time wasted.

I fling the door open to find her curled on the couch.

“You’re back” Madison says, relieved. She has no idea. She walks towards me a smirk on her face. “I knew you’d come back to me. She’d never satisfy you like I do. She’s nothing but a whore”

I try walking away from her but she blocks my way “I’m just here for my clothes and then I’ll be out of your hair” I lie to rile her up.

“The hell you will!” she barks. “You’re not leaving this house Darelle” she stands firm in front of me.

“What do you want from me Madison? Have you not done enough damage already? My career is almost to shit because of you. Because of your false allegations”

“What was I supposed to do when you left me for that whore?” she counters.

“Do not call her that” I warn. “She’s everything you’ll never be even in an alternate universe. I should’ve known your personality at the beginning of our relationship was just a ruse”

“Oh. I’m the one in the wrong now? You seem to forget you’re the one who changed me. You said No when I needed to say yes and in turn I became this bitter person” she screams almost in tears.

“And I stood with you every step of the way. I took the blame Madison but No, that wasn’t enough for you was it?”

She shakes her head unbelievably “Yes it wasn’t. Because I needed you as a fiancé not as a boyfriend”

“What difference would it have made? You were moving things too fast. We’d only just moved in together. I still needed time to adjust”

“Well you can adjust in prison because I’m not withdrawing my charges” she spits.

“You and I both know you’re lying. I have scars and bruises inflicted by you, Madison. The pain I carry in my heart because of you is insurmountable. And yet I still move, yet I still smile. And for what? Just because you couldn’t handle rejection?” I run my hand through my face, already tired of this conversation. But I can’t stop. Not when I’m so close.

“What evidence do you have to show that I gave you those bruises? In this world we live in? I think you already know who’s side the society will pick. I’ll just shed some tears in the stand and boom you’ll be going to jail. Heck they already believe me and I haven’t even shown any evidence” as if she has any.

“You are an animal Madison. After everything I did for you? What do I get in return?”

“You wanna know why I hit you? I hit you because I can Darelle. I took everything away from you like you took away my dignity in front of the whole world. You denied me the one thing I’ve always wanted and in turn I will deny you your freedom. So no I am not sorry for hitting you, taking your money or restricting your going out. As a matter of fact I quite enjoyed seeing you suffer. Especially when you I used to have my way with you in bed and you couldn’t even do anything about it.”

Her words ignite a raging fire of a thousand burning witches in me, setting fire to every organ in its wake and yet I manage to cool it down. At least I got what I came here for and that too from her own mouth.

“You will pay for your sins you know that?”

“No I won’t. Not if I have enough leverage to grant me a lifetime freedom”

I forage my brain for what she might be talking about and the only thing I can come up with is “The sex tapes?”

She smiles “I see you’re not the idiot I thought you are. Every man I’ve shared a bed with has been taped or filmed at some point and if they run their mouth the only thing I’ll have to do is release the tapes. I mean without me in it of course”

“Did you ever film us?”

“Why yes of course. You were my favorite” She strokes my cheek softly.

I grip her hand tightly “You know you’re not the only one good at taping people”

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“That I will be the one to bring your downfall Madison Crapper” I say, my voice tight.

She pulls her hand away “My father-” I look her straight into her serpentine eyes “will do nothing about it”

“You don’t know that.” She states, her confident form now wavering.

“Then you’ll just have to wait. Until then find another brain because that one is clearly useless”

I walk out without another word and when I’m away from the confines of that evil house, I exhale deeply. By the time I get to the lobby, Zuri is waiting for me by the door. She throws herself on to me “You did so well Darelle. I’m proud of you”

She might be but I’m not sure I’m proud of myself. It took so many months for me to finally rid myself off the Crappers.

“Thank you”

She pulls away, linking our hands together “Are you ready to end this miserable day”

“Yes please” This is officially the longest day of my life. From the news articles to Jake coming over, to meeting Crapper and Ethan and now this. I’m so ready for it to end. I could use a long nap right about now.

I take the driver’s seat while she takes the passenger’s. “Where to Zuri?”

“Home please. I’ll order pizza on our way. I’m too famished to do anything constructive other than eating and sleeping”

I switch on the ignition “You read my mind.”

~~~~~~~~~

“Oh my God I could sleep for a lifetime” Zuri says plopping herself onto the couch.

“Good then I can eat the pizza alone” I joke.

“Throw yourself out with the pizza box will you?”

“You’d throw me out because of pizza?”

“No I’d throw you out because of food. Hell I’d slap you a million times because of food. I have hunger issues”

I chuckle lightly “Okay then just give it a few minutes and I’ll be pacifying your issues.” I promise, lifting her legs onto my lap.

“Do you think it’s over now?” I ask, softly.

“We’re almost there D. Tomorrow we’ll call the lawyer and see how it goes. In no time, she’ll just be a fading memory”

“You think?”

“I know so Darelle. You deserve so much more than what she gave you and tomorrow we’ll see to it that she’s arrested”

“Thank you Zuri. I wouldn’t have done this without you”

She sits up straight, pulling her legs from my lap “You’re welcome. I’d do it again and again” she confirms, sincerely.

“We make a pretty good team don’t you think?”

“Damn straight we do” she lies her head on my shoulder.

“Good. Because I’m planning to ask you out soon”

She sighs “Mmmh I’d really like that”

The doorbell rings signaling the arrival of our food. “I’ll get that. Just sit tight”

She leans on the couch’s backrest “Well you ain’t gotta tell me twice”

I pick up the pizza from the delivery man, handing him my credit card and a tip from my wallet. I place the pizza on the coffee table and get plates from the kitchen.

“If you continue like this I might just keep you forever” Zuri says once I’m settled next to her.

“I thought that was the whole point” I hand her, her own plate of peperoni pizza. “You can start eating. I’ll bring the wine”

“He’s so perfect” she whispers as I head to the wine pantry. For some reason hearing her say that fills me with a bewildering pleasure.

After eating we decide to call a night since it’s almost midnight. I’m so ready to put all this behind me. Today has been draining and I don’t think I could have done this without Zuri.

“Am I still on couch duty?” I ask referring to Zuri’s earlier statement about me sleeping on the couch.

The corner of her lips turn into a crooked smirk “I think I have space on my bed” she says taking one stair at a time.

“Mmmh tempting”

“Come on. It’ll help with the nightmares” she flicks me over using her pointer finger.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I could get used to sleeping next to Zuri. I get the best sleep when I’m next to her. Her soft breathing winds the tiny hairs on my neck. Her hand is tightly wrapped across my torso while her head rests on the inside of my neck. Perfect way to wake up if you ask me.

She stirs gently in her sleep and I stiffen my hand on her lower back, not wanting her to move away yet.

“How long have you been up?” she asks, eyes still closed.

“A while”

“Why didn’t you wake up?”

“And deny myself the chance of seeing the only time you’re speechless?”

I can feel her smile “Shut up” she slaps the side of my hip.

“Kinky. I like”

She gets up “Okay I’m just gonna go and leave you here with your idee fixe” she scurries to the bathroom whilst I go downstairs to make breakfast.

“I’ve called the lawyer and he has agreed to meet us here.” Zuri explains, rounding the kitchen counter after a few minutes.

“Okay”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“From what I’ve seen, this will be charged as felony.” Thomas Spellman briefs us.

He arrived a few minutes ago and we’ve already filled him in on everything. I can now understand why Ethan has him as a lawyer. He is nothing short of professional.

“So what do you suggest we do?” I inquire.

“I’d advise you talk to the police. She needs to get arrested. And seeing as there’s a new chief of police, I think things will be easier now. He will in turn launch an investigation.

“If I’m right, she’ll be released on bond then the case will be assigned to a detective from the domestic violence unit. He/she will review the arrest reports and may conduct a follow up investigation if the evidence is not enough. But from what you’ve told me and the domestic violence cases I’ve dealt with before, I don’t think an investigation will be required”

“Do you think we have a chance at winning?”

His lips pull into a faint smile “Of course. In all my years of lawyering, I’ve never lost a single case. Why do you think I’m on Ethan’s legal team? He picks the best out of the best. So rest easy.” He’s not wrong because I’ve seen him a lot on TV. He’s one of the best lawyers in the country.

“Anyway I have to leave now. we’ll be in touch” He stands up and stretches his hand for me to shake.

I shake his firmly “Thanks for doing this Mr. Spellman”

“Please call me Tom.”

“Well I really appreciate Tom. Send me your legal fee charges when you get time”

He shakes his head “Don’t worry about that Ethan already settled it”

I nod my head and he walks out the door without another word. “Well someone has been awfully quiet.” I plop down next to Zuri.

“I thought you said you like me speechless”

“As a matter of fact, no, I love me a vocal woman” I wink at her.

She quickly catches on to my sly nuance “Mmh shall we test that theory?” she moves impossibly closer to me, her hips now brushing against mine.

“I would prefer a date first but by all means unleash your kraken Bakari” Zuri breaks into a fit of giggles “You’re impossible”

“Impossible to take you out on a date on Saturday?”

“I’ll have to consult my planner first” she smiles, her head edging closer to my shoulder.

I grip her neck, landing her head on the crook of my neck “Zuri?”

“Yeah?”

“Thank you for coming into my life” I say, profoundly.

“Right back at ya D” she breathes.

This right here is what home feels like, a place I’ve yearned for for the longest time possible and she makes it so much better. I’ll do everything in my power to keep it that way. Starting with the date and I might just have the perfect idea for it.

A/N
I recently lost my grandaunt to domestic violence. The man mutilated her to death and buried her. People heard. His brother literally helped him bury her but now they're saying he's a state witness. Only for her to be found 2weeks later bc the two idiots didn't bury her deep.

My point is, if you know anyone in such a situation don't hesitate to help them, call the police do whatever. Just get them out of that situation. Don't be like the neighbors who knew my grandaunt's situation and didn't help her bc apparently they fear the man. Idk what the police's job is.

Seguir leyendo

Tambiรฉn te gustarรกn

485 38 18
A tale of two sorrowful souls who crossed paths due to a trivial coincidence. His eyes will forever ravish her, his lips will leave eternal marks an...
80 7 11
"๐‘ฑ๐’–๐’”๐’• ๐’‚๐’…๐’Ž๐’Š๐’• ๐’Š๐’•, ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’˜๐’‚๐’๐’• ๐’Ž๐’† ๐’”๐’ ๐’ƒ๐’‚๐’…๐’๐’š ๐’‚๐’” ๐’Ž๐’–๐’„๐’‰ ๐’‚๐’” ๐‘ฐ ๐’˜๐’‚๐’๐’• ๐’š๐’๐’–." ๐‘ฏ๐’† ๐’”๐’‚๐’Š๐’… ๐’˜๐’Š๐’•๐’‰ ๐’‚ ๐’‘๐’–๐’“๐’† ๐’๐’–๐’”๐’• ๏ฟฝ...
531K 24.5K 33
*COMPLETED* Catherine Cavenon is as broke as it gets. Working long hours at a night club earns her just enough to last a week. Unable to pay rent or...
212K 13.1K 38
"So, let me get this straight. You stomped all over his paperwork?" She started. "Not intentionally, but yes," I confirmed it. "Threw a drink in hi...