Souls Tied ✓

By sihle0071

[COMPLETELY EDITED AND FINISHED.] 'Who knew me celebrating my sister's wedding to rejoice and enjoy the weddi... More

Chapter 1: Bachelorette party.
Chapter 2: Another sign.
Chapter 3: Private affair.
Chapter 4: Disappeared.
Chapter 5: Unexpected fate.
Chapter 6: Mrs Mthimkhulu.
Chapter 8: Wifely duties.
Chapter 9: Someone you loved.
Chapter 10: Blame.
Chapter 11: Death of me.
Chapter 12: Can of worms.
Chapter 13: Complicated.
Chapter 14: Never be the same.
Chapter 15: Not a word.
Chapter 16: Big girl panties.
Chapter 17: Inkinga azipheli.
Chapter 18: Bouquet of flowers.
Chapter 19: When it rains it pours.
Chapter 20: Moment of weakness.
Chapter 21: Getting hands dirty.
Chapter 22: I believe you.
Chapter 23: Waiting game.
Chapter 24: Right behind you.
Chapter 25: Shifting dynamics.
Chapter 26: Too late to turn back now.
Chapter 27: Never hear the end of it.
Chapter 28: Come back safely.
Chapter 29: Never get on your bad side.
Chapter 30: Let the past go.
Chapter 31: Mess up a good thing.
Chapter 32: Perfect murder.
Chapter 33: Thank the cockblocker.
Chapter 34: Stupid lies.
Chapter 35: Go on a date.
Chapter 36: Someone else.
Chapter 37: Go for it.
Chapter 38: Never be jealous.
Chapter 39: Healing.
Chapter 40: Explain myself.
Chapter 41: Pushed him too far.
Chapter 42: Introductions.
Chapter 43: Stay for the night.
Chapter 44: Give us a chance.
Chapter 45: Beautiful scars.
Chapter 46: Ready.
Chapter 47: Clean slate.
Chapter 48: Stay away.
Chapter 49: Curiosity killed the cat.
Chapter 50: Respect his desicion.
Chapter 51: Don't.
Chapter 52: Missing piece.
Chapter 53: Return home.
Chapter 54: Steer clear.
Chapter 55: Deserves to know.
Chapter 56: She knows.
Chapter 57: Long weekend.
Chapter 58: Happiness.
Chapter 59: Destined.
Chapter 60: Honeymoon fades.
Chapter 61: It will be okay.
Chapter 62: Dreams.
Chapter 63: Miracle.
Chapter 64: Prodigal child.
Chapter 65: Peaceful send off.
Chapter 66: Falling.
Chapter 67: Snarky remarks.
Chapter 68: Intruder.
Chapter 69: Unforgivable.
Chapter 70: Home invasion.
Chapter 71: Third times the charm.
Chapter 72: Answers.
Chapter 73: Revelations.
Chapter 74: Oh baby.
Chapter 75: Bad feeling.
Chapter 76: Inner gangster.
Chapter 77: The 'L' word.
Chapter 78: All mine.
Chapter 79: Souls Tied.
Acknowledgements...
Epilogue.

Chapter 7: Replacement.

2.8K 143 6
By sihle0071

Iyana's POV

"And where exactly are we going?" I ask. "We going home where you belong." he answers and i sigh. "Wait here then I'm coming." "I'll accompany you. I wouldn't want you to be inspired by your sister." "I was inspired but I couldn't pull it off because of your mother in law." "I love her already." "Screw you." "You can swear all you want but the person at fault is the one thats gone." I roll my eyes.

I hate that his right about that statement. "Okay fine follow me." I say and we walk to my rondavel. We get inside and he sits on the bed as I start packing. As I'm packing I come across a sealed envelope. I look at the cover and it's from Imenathi. I'm not in the mood to read this now. I'll probably read it later on or even better throw it away.

"I'm ready." I say. "You don't want to bid farewells to your family." he asks. "They might as well follow Imenathi and disappear out of my life. I'll just say bye to my friends." "Okay then I'll take your bags to the car." We exit my room and i go to the main house while he goes to his car.

I get inside and go to the kitchen and i find them cleaning up. "I'm here to let you know that I'm leaving." I say. "Oh you already leaving." says Nandi. "Unfortunately i am but I'll call you when I've arrived. The chauffeur is going to be here in an hour or so to pick you guys up." "Oh thanks babes."

"Bye. I'll call you when i get there." I say. "What about your penthouse?" asks Luthando. "I'll take my clothes and then look for a person to rent." "Oh okay. Bye love." "Thanks for your support guys. I truly appreciate it zithandwa zami." We pull each other into a group hug and i try to blink away the tears. (my loves.)

"Don't cry. You'll be okay. We will always be there to support you babes and you can call us when you need anything." says Luthando. "Thank you I really appreciate it." I say. We hug each other one last time and i leave. I hear my mother shouting for me but I ignore her. She catches up to me and stops me.

"You not saying bye to us." she says. "I need to go now my lovely husband is waiting for me." I say. "Iyana don't be like that." "Like how?" "Don't shut us out." "Just leave me alone I need to go." "Please don't cut me off your life." "If you had defended me a bit more than we would be talking a different story but here we are." "I'm sorry nana." "Its fine. Just don't contact me again." "Don't say that."

"And if you hear from Imenathi tell her I'll kill her when I see her." I say. "Iyana.." she says. "Bye." "Come say bye to your dad." "No. You'll tell the rest that I've left." I leave her standing there and i walk to his car. I can't believe they expect me to play happy family with them after selling me off. Evil people.

I get inside the car and fasten my seatbelt. "Shaya imoto." I say. (Start driving.) He nods and he brings the ignition to life and drives off. "You driving back to Joburg?" I ask. "Yeah." This is going to be a long drive so it's best I take a nap and try to forget about the problems I'm currently facing.

£

"Vuka sesfikile." he says. (Wake up we have arrived.) I open my eyes and i see this huge house in front of me. "Is this yours?" I ask. "Yeah it is. It's the house I was supposed to move into with Imenathi but things have changed." "Damn its huge. What do you do for a living?" "I work." I roll my eyes. No need for him to be sarcastic.

I also work but clearly the work I'm doing ain't enough cause hai suka madoda, isthaba thaba lendlu le (it's a mansion.)...or maybe you chose to settle for less...I should have been living large from a long time ago moes...You only realise that now...oh please no need for a lecture from you subconscious.

We get off the car and he takes my suitcases. At least his a gentleman. "Do you have a helper?" I ask. "Yeah I do. She lives in the cottage." he answers. "I've been living under a rock moes." He chuckles. We get inside and weh mah is this the life Imenathi ditched. Girl just lost big time. Stupid of her to run away with her useless ex. That twat doesn't compare to this one.

The interior is just fabulouso. It's a modern look with a touch of industrial. The wooden floors are dark in colour and they look real so I'm sure that shit wasn't cheap. Already when you enter you are greeted by top to bottom windows and it makes the house nice and bright.

There is a double staircase on either side of the house and the railing is made out of iron. Imenathi just missed out on soft life and i just entered one. What does this man do for a living? "Are you going to stand there or should i give you a tour of the house?" he asks. "I was still admiring beauty." I answer.

He leaves the suitcases by the door and leads me to the other side of the house. The kitchen and dining room is an open floor plan and there is a wall that divides the living room and dining room. The kitchen is to die for. There are grey shaker cabinets with a marble countertop and a beautful grey and white backsplash to compliment the counter and cabinets. The appliances are modern and I'm sure going to enjoy cooking here.

There is a window by the sink that overlooks the garden and i can say I'm going to be daydreaming when I wash the dishes. The dining room is nice and fancy and it caters to sixteen people. I go to the living room and it's spacious. I don't know how many inches that TV is but I can tell you that it's huge. It's not heavily decorated there is just a couch, rug and fleece basket and table.

"This place is gorgeous." I say. "Thanks." he says. "Your fiance ditched the soft life to wherever she's going to stay," He chuckles. "Stupid girl." "I agree." "Show me upstairs." We go upstairs and there is a nice spacious laundry room and five bedrooms and five bathrooms. All the bedrooms and bathrooms are the same and they have a view of the backyard which is nice. There is carpet in the bedrooms which is also nice cause at least you can walk with your feet.

I get to the master bedroom and damn its huge. It's mostly full of manly stuff and they used dark colours which I like. I go in the bathroom and boom baby its going to be my favourite place to be in that's if I sleep here of course. The bathtub is inside the shower and there is a double sink and an area where you can get your make up done. The floors are marble and the tub is a clawfoot tub.

The bedroom has a balcony and you have the view of the yard. It's such an unfortunate that I won't be sharing the same bedroom as him. I know he won't allow me to sleep here so I can kiss that bathroom goodbye anyways I already did a lot by getting married to him. He musn't think that I will share the same bedroom. "Its beautiful." I say.

"Too bad you and i won't be sharing the bedroom." he says. "I agree with you on that statement." I say. Great minds think alike I guess. "You'll choose whichever bedroom you want excluding this one and it will be yours and if you need any other furniture pieces you will let me know." "Fine by me."

I go back downstairs and i take my suitcases and go back upstairs. I choose the biggest bedroom amongst the other four and i start unpacking. The letter is starring at me and i decide to read it. I don't know if i should but let me get it over and done with. I sit on the bed and i open it.

Dear Iyana
-My favourite sibling amongst all of them. I roll my eyes at that statement. I'm sorry for doing this but I had to. I wasn't happy in my relationship so I thought this is the best thing to do. I know I should have ended it like any normal human being but I couldn't do that. Don't get me wrong there is nothing bad about him its just that his not the one for me and i didn't want to hurt him by ending things face to face cause I know he was excited for us to get married. I don't know what's going to happen once I'm gone but I hope they just cancel the thing. I know I embarrassed everyone in the family and i just want to say I'm sorry. I couldn't write everyone a letter cause there is too many people. Could you please apologize to ubobabomcane nobabomkhulu on my behalf. I finally found someone that completes me and makes me happy. Don't be angry that I ran off with my ex. His the only guy that can truly make me happy. I love you Iyana and i hope you not angry at me for the desicion I took. I hope you find someone that you love and that will make you happy.

Yours sincerely
Imenathi (your favourite sister)♡

"Your favourite sister bullshit." I mumble. She honestly thought they were going to let her disappearance slide just like that. Now I have to carry the cross for the sins she committed. I really hate her right now. Found someone that makes you happy but you failed to end things with the person that doesn't make you happy. What kind of foolishness is that.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●
I've never had such a good nights sleep on a comfortable bed like that in my life. Don't get me wrong I'm not poor I'm just too lazy to upgrade my lifestyle to this. I know with what i earn I can easily live this life but I'm too lazy but guess what i got married and now I don't have to upgrade I just have to fit in.

I wake up and do my morning routine and wear a purple bodycon dress that's slightly above the knees. I tie my butterfly locs into a high bun and i go downstairs. Its a Monday and i know i should go to work but i don't feel like it. I go to the kitchen and i find an elderly lady making breakfast. She looks really beautiful and good for her age.

"Sawubona ma." I greet.(Hello.) "Yebo ngan yami. Ulele njani?" she asks. (How did you sleep?) "Ngileli kahle wena." (I slept well and you.) "Nami ngilale kahle. Igama lakho uIyana neh?" (I also slept well. Your name is Iyana right?) "Yes ma." "I'm Mam Zodwa." I nod. At least I didn't have to introduce myself. "Where is Nkosinathi?"

"Anagazi ma." I answer. (I don't know.) Nkosinathi comes in the kitchen and it looks like he comes back from running. "Oh I see you guys have met. Ma please make her comfortable." he says and she nods. "Where is Imenathi? You said you will explain today." she says. "I'll tell you about her later on." "Okay." As his about to leave ma says something. "Aren't you going to kiss her or something since she's your wife now."

Hah weh ma now I have to kiss him in front of his housekeeper. "Uhh..." "Kiss her Nkosinathi she's your wife." she says. "Okay mah no need for you to pressure me." He slowly walks to me and pecks my lips. At least it was a little peck. His lips are soft though.

"Ngingakuncedisa ngani ma." I ask. (How can I help you?) "Don't worry I'm almost done with everything. Just set up the dining table then I'll be fine." she answers. "Do you work alone?" "No i have a daughter that I work with. She does the cleaning and i do the cooking and laundry." "Oh okay ma." She gives me plates and cutlery and i place them on the dining table.

She brings big dishes and a plate and places them on the table. There is oats, fruit salad and pancakes. Sophisticated people live like this. Why can't you just make one thing and stick to it? "I'll leave you guys to eat. When you need me I'm in the laundry room." she said. "You don't eat with us?" I ask. "No. We eat in the cottage." I nod and she leaves.

I sit down and dish up for myself. I have a little bit of everything and i pour sugar and milk in the oats and start eating. Nkosinathi comes after a few minutes and he also plates for himself. "You could have tried avoiding the kiss." I say. "Hello to you too." he says and i roll my eyes. "Mxm."

"I wasn't about to say no to her. You saw how persuasive she was." he says. "You were supposed to tell her that this is my house and i won't kiss my wife when you tell me." I say. "And how was that gonna help?" "It was gonna avoid having your lips on mine." He rolls his eyes. "You enjoyed the kiss though." "Oh please." Now it was my turn to roll my eyes.

"How can i enjoy a kiss with you? Out of all people in the world I wouldn't even want to kiss you." I say. "Not that I would too I was just forced." he says. "You so annoying." "Siyazifanela mina nawe."(We are the same.) "I don't even know why you said yes to this whole thing." He rolls his eyes.

We continue eating in silence and after eating i clear the table and i take the plates to the kitchen. I find another person there and i guess this is the her daughter. "Sawbona sisi." I greet. (Hello.) "Hi. Let me take those from you." she says and i give her the plates. "You Imenathi?" "No I'm Iyana." "Oh where is Imenathi?" "It's a long story. Your boss will tell you about it." She nods and I leave.

I guess he had told them a little bit about Imenathi or they met her I'm not sure. I go back to my bedroom and sit on the bed. I need to call an uber so I can go back to my place and fetch the rest of my stuff. Nkosinathi barges into my room leaving me startled. "What if I was naked!" I shout. "You aren't so get over it." he says non chalantly. "You very rude. I get that this is your house but please knock before you get into my room."

"Whatever." he says. "Ufunani la?" I ask. (What do you want here?) "We going out later on." "Why don't you go alone?" "Because I'm supposed to bring a date and guess what you my date." I roll my eyes. "What is event is this?" "Charity."

"Just pick a random chick and go with her." I say. "You the random chick." he says. "Wow I feel offended." "Don't, you are the random chick. Don't forget you aren't supposed to be here but you are." "And its your fault." "Mines or the elders?" "All of you guys."

"Don't annoy me. You going whether you like it or not." he says. "Fine. What's the address?" I ask. "Don't worry about the address of the event." "No I mean this house." "Why you asking?" "Cause I'm calling an uber." "Where do you need to go?" "My house to fetch the rest of my life and live here with your atrocious self." he scoffs.

"I'll take you there let's go." he says. "I don't want you to take me I want an uber." I say. "I'm not about to argue with you. Asambe." (Lets go.) "I need to take my phone and keys for the place please just chill I didn't even ask you to take me." "Make it moving Iyana I have places to be too." I huff. I take my stuff and we leave.

He opens the door that leads to the garage and he opens the garage door using a remote of course. He gets inside the Range Rover Evoque and i do the same. He has too many cars for one man.

"Type in your address in the GPS." he says and brings the ignition to life. I type the address and he starts driving. My penthouse is not far from here cause the GPS says we 20 minutes away from my final destination. At least I have to be in his presence for only 20 minutes before I get out of the car...more like be in his presence for rest of your life.

We get there after 20 minutes and i exit the car. I unlock my door and go inside. I'm definitely going to miss this place. This was home. The furniture and the way it looked was the reason why i fell in love with the place. I'm going to miss the memories I made here. I go to my bedroom and start packing up my clothes.

"Why did you live in a penthouse when you could have bought yourself a house?" he asks leaving me startled. "This thing of you barging in is going to start annoying me." I say. "The door was open and i let myself in." I roll my eyes. This dude is so annoying.

"To answer your question I wasn't ready to buy a house yet." I say. "Mmm." he says. "Where am I going to get an outfit at such short notice?" "Don't you have fancy dresses that you have worn before?" "I probably do." "A make up artist will come and do your make up." "Okay."

Three hours later I'm done packing up everything. I need to tell my PA to find a tenant for this place. The food that's left I packed it up in a box and i shall donate to charity. "Let me help you with that." he says. He carries the boxes and puts them in the car and he helps me with the suitcases.

I take a look at the place one more time and i leave. Can't believe I won't be living here any more. I'm definitely going to miss this place. I guess this is it and I'll be living a new life, a miserable one at that. I get inside the car and he drives off.

£

The make up artist arrives and she gets started on my make up. "How long have you guys been together?" she asks. "We've been together for three years." I answer. Thats how long him and Imenathi have been together and I'm not about to tell her whats happening in my life cause she doesn't need to know.

"You make a really cute couple." she says and i smile a bit. "Thanks." That statement just made the whole room become akward. After a while of silence i decide to speak up. "Please help me pick a dress. This was kind of a last minute thing so I couldn't buy one and now I have to work with what i have. Men are mean." "Tell me about it." We chuckle.

After doing my make up we look for a dress. I end up going for an off the shoulder gold dress with a thigh high slit. It's simple yet elegant and i won't look cheap at the charity event. She ties my locs into a high bun and lays my edges. I don't look bad for a person that was informed same day. This girl really knows how to do make up so I'll start calling her when I go to events.

"Thank you so much. Your work is really beautiful." I say. "My pleasure. You also look gorgeous right now. Don't be surprised when the men keep gawking your way." she says and we chuckle. "Let me get going." I help her pack up her make up kit and she leaves.

I take my phone and take a gazillion pictures. I feel nervous right now cause I'll be going to an event as a taken person. Its kind of hard to accept that I'm married. At least i don't have a ring so it won't necessarily be a big deal or problem. He barges into the room and i roll my eyes. "Iskhathi sokhamba." (Its time to leave.) "Okay I'm done." I take my bag and fill it with important stuff and we head out.

A chauffeur opens the door for us and we thank him. "What is this event about?" I ask. "We raising awareness for autism. People will be donating money to go build a school for autistic kids in Daveyton." he answers and i nod. That's a good cause I know how autistic kids are misunderstood and i hope they adjust well at that school and they hire good and qualified teachers for the job.

We get to the place in an hour and it looks beautiful from the outside. The chauffeur opens the door for us and we thank him. He takes my arm and inclines it with his and we go inside. I didn't expect him to do that but he should cause we are 'married.'

We get inside and the interior is just as lovely. "Don't let go of my arm unless told to." he says. "Haibo." "Are you familiar with anyone here?" That shut my mouth real quick. "Imenathi was the one that knew these people here don't forget you just a replacement." That hurt quite a bit but his right.

I'm just a replacement after all...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 47.6K 69
❝You Might Be My Angel In Public, But You're My Whore In Bed.❞ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━ "Are you ready for me baby?" I nodded my head licking my lips seductivel...
24.2K 2K 46
-MIHLALIKAZI LANGA I am Mihlalikazi Siphiwokuhle Langa, the daughter of Sinokuhle Mbana and Lunga Langa, mom changed her surname back after she and m...
66K 4.8K 78
Abandoned at a young age Zethu is left to fend for herself and her brother. Her ultimate goal is to trap a rich man and provide a good life for her l...
218K 9.9K 99
What happens when a spicy arrangement with the gangster starts to get a little too spicy for Lerato to handle? Will she want out or will she be a rid...