The Hidden

By KORREZX

born 4/2/2023 Mystery/ Romance Blake is tired of running from her past. When she is given the opportunity to... More

ZERO
ONE
TWO
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN

THREE

10 2 0
By KORREZX

Blake Holly (this is a really long chapter sorry so grab your snacks and hold on to your kneecaps ;))

It was Monday morning, and I had my first class in less than 3 hours. I woke up extra early, so I had plenty of time to get ready and stop by that fancy cafe to grab a coffee. Delilah was already out on her morning run that she claims she does every day to stay in shape. Makes sense since she has the fittest body I've ever seen. She offered for me to come with but there is no way I can go running at 5:00 am, It's just not going to happen.

For the remainder of the day yesterday I was jumpy and felt like I was being watched 24/7. Still do. These weird messages are starting to really get to me and I contemplated on just going back home but I was told if I drop out now that my scholarship will be revoked and we would have to pay the remaining balance.

I'm hoping that this is some dumb joke. By who? I don't even want to think about it because if I think too hard about who it might be, I'm going to literally go insane. Like actually full on Brittney Spears 2007 meltdown insane.

I was planning to go to the deans office today and ask who called and gave them the information. Maybe I can start by finding out if a male or female called and go from there.

I finally rolled out of my bed after staring at the ceiling for the past 30 minutes now. I found myself counting every spot where the paint was chipped. Thirty-Two. There were thirty-two spots of chipped paint.

God, this place really needs a makeover.

I almost screamed when I saw myself in the mirror, I barely got any sleep last night, and I surely looked like it. The bags under my eyes were dark and heavy, my eyelids sunken, and my hair couldn't be recognized any differently from a bird's nest. I decided that today called for a full-coverage makeup look, and I was going to fry my hair until it got as straight as I wanted.

An hour and a half went by, and I was just about done with my morning routine when I heard our dorm room door open, and the sound of heavy panting followed after.

"Blake?" Delilah called out, still breathing heavy.

"In here- SHIT" I winced as I stabbed myself in the eye with my eyeliner and dropped it on the sink.

"I had the most invigorating run, you should've came" She said taking her headphones out of each ear.

"It's 6 in the morning.." I gave her a 'really' look.

"The best time to run !" She laughed. I just kind of playfully rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"Hey what are your plans after class?" Delilah asked me, leaning on the bathroom doorway with her arms folded.

"Sleep". I really needed to sleep.

"Bummer, well if you change your mind, Kinderton always has a welcoming pep rally for the athletes. Since it is football and cheer season, it's for them and all the students go to hang out. it'll be a great opportunity to meet some possible friends"

"Uh.. yeah, maybe, I'll see." I responded as I ran the flat iron down a small section of my hair.

I mean I wasn't lying, I actually did want to explore the campus more and possibly make a friend or two. Delilah is great so far but I know she probably has tons of friends and I would be delusional to think it would always just be me and her.

"I've got to jump in the shower before class, can you...hurry up?" She said not trying to sound too pushy.

"Yeah give me like 2 seconds"

Once I was done I grabbed my things out of the bathroom and made my way to my bed where I had my uniform laid out. I had a pair of ripped fishnets I was planning to pair with my uniform, it just needed a little 'oomph' to it.

I looked at myself in the full body mirror across from me, after I put my uniform on.

Damn you look sexy.

I picked up my pace a bit when I saw I had less than fifteen minutes to get to class and luckily for me, my class was on the other side of campus in the C building.

I guess no coffee for me. I really needed that coffee.

I slipped on a pair of these really cute heeled leather combat boots and bolted out the door.

________________________

"Welcome to Trig III, I am Mr. Gavinci and I'll be your professor for this first semester. I'm truly excited to have you all in my classroom and I hope we can make this year an awesome one. First things first we are going to go over your syllabuses, which is that paper I had you guys pick up on your way in."

The class just began and I was already struggling to keep my eyes open.

The classroom had an old-school vibe to it with its green chalkboard, wooden desks, and old dusty textbooks. At one point I swore that the leg of my chair cracked a little bit. Do you know how embarrassing that would be if I was to fall out of my seat right now?

"I'm glad you decided to join us, Mr. Grant, even though you're late on your first day". Mr. Gavinvi said sarcastically looking over his classes in the opposite direction of where I was sitting.

Me being nosy of course I turned my head and looked at whom Mr. Davinci was speaking to.

He was really tall, like super tall. His head was about 4 inches away from touching the trim on the top of the door. He looked down, so I couldn't really see what his face looked like but I was able to see his perfectly carved jawline and high cheekbones. His hair was black and sort of greasy and messy. It was parted down the middle but a few strands dangled in his face. I took the time to analyze his outfit, I mean, we all had on the same thing, but just like me, I could tell he accessorized it a little bit. He had on a leather jacket over his sweater and that's when I got to notice the dark inked tattoos that poured over his hands, leaving barely any skin showing.

He was dreamy for sure.

He didn't respond to Mr. Davinci, he just walked to the back of the class and I frowned on the inside because I wanted to get another good look at him but now he was sitting way behind me.

Oh my god, I need to brush the back of my hair.

I took my hand and ran it through the back of my hair hoping that every strand lied down and didn't look absolutely crazy. My mind was soon off of the mysterious brooding boy and now I was trying to catch up with what Mr. Davinci was saying. I was so tired though, I felt myself slowly drifting off to sleep.

____________

"Did you have a good nap Ms. Holly?"

I jerked awake, hitting my head on the desk which hurt so fucking bad.

"Shit" I winced as I immediately grabbed my forehand.

"Language Ms. Holly"

Once I fully lifted my head up, I saw that the classroom was completely empty and I swore I saw some dried-up drool on my desk.

Gross.

Mr. Davinci stood next to me with his arms folded. A part of me wanted to laugh because he looked so funny with his arms folded and the expression on his face was another tickle.

"Ms. Holly... I do not tolerate this behavior in my classroom, should I expect this to be a reoccurring issue?"

"Sorry Mr. Davinci... no...it's just..."

It's just that I've been getting creepy stalkerish notes about my past and so I stayed up all night thinking about the many scenarios of what could happen to me.

He didn't respond but instead, widened his eyes and gave me a look as if he was waiting for me to say something logical.

"It won't happen again" I said emotionless.

"Ms. Holly, I feel like you're not taking me serious and it is only the first day, I'm going to have give you afternoon detention today. This detention will be a warning so it won't go on your record but we need to have some type of understanding here"

This guy is seriously pissing me off. I said I was sorry.

He retreated to his desk, scribbled something down on a sticky note and strolled back over my way to hand it to me.

It was basically a note saying which room I had to go to and what time I needed to be there with his signature at the bottom.

"I'll see you tomorrow, I hope we can be in a better headspace".

I did a mental eye roll and pushed my chair back with my hands on the desk and walked out of the classroom. Me and him are not going to get along.

As school went on, my classes seemed to go by fast and before I knew it, it was 2:15 and school was over. My detention was at 3:30 so I had a little time to spare. I was walking back to my dorm and decided to text Delilah to see what time the pep rally started, maybe I could kill time there and then go to detention.

What time does the pep rally start?

Delilah<3- Hey, It starts at 3:30 !

Well that's unfortunate.

Now would be a great time though to see who called the school and disclosed that forbidden information.

"Blake !" I heard a familiar husky voice coming from behind me.

I turned around to see Adrian with a slight smile on his face, he looked like he just got out of class too because he had a few books in his hand and his backpack hanging on the opposite shoulder.

Don't act like a fool Blake please.

"Hey Adrian" I returned the smile and stopped in my tracks. He started to walk closer to me and the closer he got, the more I felt my body tensing up. I seriously got to stop letting this happen to me.

"So uh, how was your first day?" He asked finally stopping at a comfortable distance from me.

"It was um- I got detention" I silently cursed myself out in my head. Why would I say that? Word vomit of course.

He threw his head back and laughed and I couldn't help but blush.

"Now that's rich, you got detention? for what?"

"It's a long story" I scratched the back of my head and looked down still embarrassed that I even said that.

"Mr. Davinci?" He asked and I was immediately caught off guard.

"Y-Yeah, how did you know?"

"He's the only dick that would give a new student detention on their first day". He retorted, This made me laugh because I knew I couldn't be the only one getting horrible energy from Mr. Davinci.

"You know... there's a pep rally at 3:30, you should come..." I don't know if I was thinking too hard but I swore he sounded nervous when he asked me that.

"I just told you I have detention" I smartly replied. He threw his head back and smacked his forehead and I laughed at this gesture because this just confirmed he was nervous like I had thought.

"It doesn't end until 6:00, plus I'll be there with the team"

Damn, he really wants me to come huh?

"Okay Mr. Superstar I'll see" I tilted my head at him and he chuckled a little. He started to speak again but was cut off when a really small blonde girl came from behind him, she wrapped her hands around his neck, and with his free arm he pulled her waist in closer and gave her a peck on the lips.

"Hey babe- who is this?" she turned to me and that's when I could actually see what she looked like. She was shorter than me, I would say about 5'2-5'3. She had long toned blonde hair that was effortlessly curled. She had blue-green doll like eyes that were accompanied by her long and curly eyelashes. She was absolutely gorgeous, like somebody you would see in a magazine.

"This is Blake, I was just inviting her to come to the pep rally" He still had his arm wrapped tight around her waist. For some reason this made me mad. Why was I mad?

"Why" she cut her eyes at me.

Suddenly I remember back to what Delilah said.

"Yeah, she's a bitch. You'll know exactly who she is if you ever run into her"

This is definitely her.

Adrian just kind of opened his mouth like he was about to say something but he didn't. He looked at her and then looked back at me.

"Um...I'm just going to go" I held up my finger and turned around to begin walking.

What a total bitch.

She was being a bitch right? Or was she genuinely asking why?

I reached the main building which was my building and also the building where the dean's office is.

I reached the office and was greeted by the front desk ladies.

"Is Ms. Engrid in her office?"

"Yes honey, give a knock before you enter"

I nodded and made my way to the back, as they said, I knocked twice waiting for her approval to enter, and shorty after I heard a "Come in" and so I did.

"Hey Ms.Engrid"

"Hello darling, first day doing you well?" she asked. She must not have gotten alerted about my detention yet which I thanked God for.

"Uh yes...but I actually had something else to talk to you about" The nervousness could be heard throughout my voice which caused Ms. Engrid to furrow her brows a bit and sit up straight in her seat.

She motioned for me the close the door and so I did before I took a seat in front of her.

"I wanted to know if you have a copy of the transfer form my mother sent in. I want to see if she wrote down... if she wrote down the right medical history" I said quickly trying to come up with a lie.

I asked for this because I know my mom's handwriting like the back of my hand.

"Yes I do but your medical history and you're...um incident were not written down on the forms"

So she wasn't lying. How did they get it then?

"Your mother actually called shortly after we received your transfer papers and informed us that she left out some information that she needed to tell us"

Phone call? I know it wasn't my mother so it was a female voice...pretending to be my mom?

"Oh" I sat back in my seat, I'm sure my very bewildered facial expression could be seen all over my face.

"Blake, is everything alright?"

"Do you mind if I have a copy of the phone number that called you guys?"

"Blake... may I ask why you are asking all of this? do you believe false information was shared?" Ms. Engrid looked really concerned now.

Shit, what am I going to say.

"No, My mom got a new number and I just want to make sure it is updated on file"

Damn I'm a good ass liar.

She squinted her eyes at me a little but nonetheless, she pulled up my file and copied down the phone number on a sticky note.

"This is the number that called us, is it right?"

I looked down at the sticky note and the number was very unfamiliar. It didn't even have the same area code where I lived. The number actually started with a bunch of zeros. This was a fake number for sure.

"Yes this is right, thank you" My heart started beating and I had to get out of this office. I balled up the sticky note and quickly rose to my feet before speed walking out of the door. I heard her call behind me and I'm pretty sure she noticed how my mood changed and how anxious I got.

So many thoughts invaded my mind, my hands were trembling and I felt like my throat was closing in on me. I think I'm having a panic attack. Yep, definitely a panic attack. I found the nearest bathroom and grabbed ahold of the edges of the sink as I tried to calm myself down in the mirror.

Breathe.

Just breathe.

Your okay.

You can breathe.

Fifthteen minutes went by of me just repeating this and staring at myself in the mirror because I needed to see that I was an actual living person, who could breathe normally. It helped when I saw my chest moving up and down, that way despite what my mind tricked me into, I knew I could actually breathe. I don't have panic attacks often anymore, this was my first one in a long while.

Who the hell is doing this to me? Haven't I been through enough? Why is somebody seemingly trying to ruin my life?

A tear fell from my eyes and I clenched them shut and held on tighter to the sink. I am so tired.

________________

I arrived at detention, approximately 5 minutes early. I was the only person here and I'm sure it was going to stay like that because I'm the only genius who gets detention on their first day. I'm sure detention at a school like Kinderton was unheard of to most students anyways.

"Phone in the bin" The detention advisor said. He was reading a book with his feet kicked up on his desk. He had a receding hairline and beer belly and I wish I stopped looking at him earlier or else I could've avoided noticing that his zipper was unzipped.

I dropped my phone in the bin and took a seat near the back. I guess I was going to sit here and play action fingers with my damn fingers because there wasn't shit to do here.

"Mr. Grant I find it funny how you get detention for being late and then proceed to arrive to detention late"

That name sounded familiar causing me to look up from my hands and see the same boy I saw earlier. I almost gasped when our eyes caught one another's, but he quickly looked at the advisor and dropped his phone in the bin. I looked back down at my hand and I saw a pair of black boots walk to the seat across from me.

He just sat next to me.

I wasn't going to look up but I did and there I saw him sitting right next to me, he was leaning back since he was so tall it probably would be uncomfortable for him to sit up straight in that small desk chair. I caught myself staring again and this time he caught me.

"Is something wrong with you?" He said but kept looking straight.

"Excuse me?" I snapped at him.

"You have like a weird staring problem. It's kind of creepy"

How embarrassing.

"I wasn't staring" I upturned my face at him just lying straight out of my mouth.

"Yeah alright" He ran his hands through his hair.

"So what should I call you?" He said facing me now.

"How about you just don't" I smiled. I was being kind of snappy to him because I was embarrassed he caught me staring and called me out for it.

"Don't be embarrassed. I get it. Look at me"

Nope. Not dreamy anymore.

"It was a joke" he laughed.

"Aha" I retorted

"You know you were snoring pretty loud in class today, I could barely focus on my work"

Double embarrassment.

"Oh please, as if anybody like you was doing any work" I quickly came up with a comeback and rolled my eyes.

I know I was judging him from how he looked, I mean I know he could have this 'bad boy' persona but be a total genius under the tough exterior. I just needed something to say though honestly.

"Yeah? What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means you're in detention so obviously you don't care too much about your 'work'"

"Then what does that make you then?" He snapped.

I for once didn't have a comeback.

"Fuck off" I flashed him my middle finger and he laughed.

"Want to get out of here?" he leaned closer and whispered in my ear, I felt chills rush through my body and a tingling sensation came over me. He smelled so good and his voice was so low that I almost melted.

"What? No" I exclaimed causing the advisor to look at me.

"Shh"

"You rather sit here?" he said still in a low voice.

No. But I wasn't ditching detention...especially with him.

"You're asking me to ditch detention? Are you trying to get me expelled or something?" I faced him with my arms crossed and my head cocked.

"This is boring me though, I know your bored" He sighed twirling his pencil between his fingers.

Well he wasn't lying and I was bored out of my mind.

"How would we even leave... he is right there" I whispered the last part. I just wanted to know if hypothetically speaking I did go with him, what would be the plan?

He sinisterly smirked as if he was proud of himself for almost convincing me.

He took his pencil and wrote down something on a piece of torn off paper he retrieved from his pocket. He slid it over to me and I read it.

Water fountains. E hall. Ask to use the restroom in 10 minutes.

I looked up from the paper to see him with his hand raised.

"Yes Mr. Grant?"

"May I use the restroom please" He said

"Take a pass" The advisor nodded towards the door.

As he made his way out he looked back at me and gave me a wink. Was I really going to do this? I mean I don't even know this guy, but I don't know how much longer I can sit here and look at the detention advisor's unzipped zipper and occasionally hearing him burp after every sip of his Diet Coke.

Five minutes went by and I contemplated on whether to go or not. I didn't even know where I was going. What if he takes me to the back of the school and just starts beating me up. Okay I'm being dramatic but still.

Another five minutes went by. Fuck it.

"May I use the restroom..uh sir" I raised my hand. He gave me a look. A long and hard look. For some reason, I was scared he was going to say I had to wait until the boy got back.

"Take a pass"

I searched frantically for E hallway, I didn't want to get caught by an admin and be asked where I'm going or where I'm supposed to be since technically I'm in the class building and not the main.

I finally reached a hallway that had a large red E on the wall and then I saw some water fountains at the end of the hallway and a tall black figure. That must be him.

I walked down and there he was, leaned up against the water fountain with a cigarette in his mouth. Was he smoking in school?

"You came" He turned to face me and blew out some smoke from the side of his mouth.

"I did" I folded my arms. He was way taller than me, and very slim too. I got a chance to study his face since we were face to face now. He had grey-green eyes and plump pink lips that held the cigarette faintly between them, his hair was now all in his face but I could still see his thick arched eyebrows underneath.

He began to walk closer to me with both hands in his pockets. I froze in my stance as he slowly kept coming closer. Now we were inches apart and he was looking down on me intensely. I could feel the heat radiating off of him or maybe it was my own body heating up inside because we were too close. He was trying to purposely intimidate me and it was working. He scanned over me for a minute and at this point my breaths became uneven.

He stepped back and smiled.

"We're going to the pep rally".

_____________

We arrived at the pep rally and it was completely packed. Music was playing and a bunch of students were parading around the field showing their school spirit. Many of them were in their regular clothing or school-themed clothing and I felt out of place standing here in my uniform.

When I turned to the side of me I saw the guy that I came with was gone. Great. He coerces me to ditch detention and then ditches me. Just great.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. Why did I even come?

I pulled my phone out my pocket to text Delilah and ask if she was still here and if so where was she. When I pulled my phone out of my pocket, the balled up sticky note that I took from the dean's office fell out. I picked it up and a very spontaneous thought came to my head.

I should call it.

I ducked off somewhere where the music wasn't too loud incase someone did answer. I dialed the weird unfamiliar number in my phone and then held it up to my ear as it rang. It rang a few times and each time it rang I lost hope that no one would pick up and this was a dead mission. I mean what was I thinking? I almost hung up before the phone stopped ringing.

"Hello?" I said.

Nothing.

"Hello ! Hey who the fuck is this-"

I was cut off by the sound of the phone hanging up.

What the fuck.

There was someone on the other line...I think I heard...breathing.

Or am I going insane? No that was definitely someone on the other line. I quickly called the number back.

"Sorry the number you are trying to reach is currently unavailable right now"

"NO!" I yelled out. I hung up the phone and threw it on the grass area in front of me.

*Ding*

I rushed to grab my phone off the ground, hoping that the mysterious number was calling back.

You're digging a deeper hole blake. stop looking for me. you don't want that. XOXO

____________

What yall thinking? 0_0

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter I'm pushing out updates like crack okay lmao XD

Please vote, comment, and share.

Dylan Love ( Adrians Girlfriend)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.3K 2.3K 42
Everyone can believe in the idea of being innocent until proven guilty but when someone holds the evidence to prove your guilt, how long can you cont...
40.3K 890 70
"My heart is torn between two. I love them both. I have to let one go" . . Jazmin thought she found everything she could've imagined in her boyfrie...
The Secret By Trina Maria

Mystery / Thriller

652 3 34
I have a secret, one I cannot tell. If I do my mother dies but if I don't I might. ---------- Maya was a sweet girl she loved wearing dresses, she ke...
No one can know By Unknown1k6

Mystery / Thriller

489 80 8
A superhero group of Teens and Young Adults attending Rushfield High School with a secret. Whilst battling the evils of The Realm and studying they m...