The Fire Within

By MC21_12

Book 1: Fire and Ice series. Twins Marina and Lukas Sloane, where taken from their father and brothers at a... More

Character list.
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Marinas new aethetic
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
New book
Update.
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chater 25
Update
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Book 2:
Heart of ice Update: Release date.

Chapter 29

1.3K 43 0
By MC21_12

Marina's Pov:

I slowly wake up some what later than I usually do. I kept tossing and turning in my sleep like something was wrong but eventually slept for a few hours. Letting out a huff, I sit up and look around my room.

I think about my family. What do I do?

Do I just give up on having a family now? They treat me like dirt over and over again to 'protect me' when will they realise that each time they do it the more I want nothing to do with them.

Finally I drag my ass out of bed and into my closet to find and outfit that is just some lounge wear then exit, closing the closet door. I head to the bathroom and take a relaxing shower.

Scrubbing and shaving everything. A little self maintenance always brings my mood up. But this time I just can't help but feel off.

After my shower I dowse myself in lavender lotion and but my clothes on. I put my towel and other clothes in the laundry and exit the bathroom. I sit at the vanity and dry my hair and put on some mascara and lip gloss.

I stare at myself in the vanity mirror for a moment. Why do I feel so wrong today? What am I missing?

Then something catches my eye.

My closet door.

Why is it open?

Slowly I reach for the gun in the vanity drawer pulling it out slowly and then walking quietly to the closet. I yank the door open and find no one.

What I do find are pictures. Lots of them. Of me. Of my family. Of Hayley and Andrew and their family. Of Leo and his family. They are all scattered around the closet. Then a note hanging from the wall with a knife stabbed through it.

Hello my beautiful,

I am sorry for our last meeting but it had to be done. Soon you will be back with me and you will be my queen. Meet me 3720 West harbour lane at 10 am. Don't keep me waiting, your family may suffer like the Americans if you do. See you soon my queen.

-Viktor xx

What the fuck?!

What does he mean the suffer like the Americans?

I pull the note from the wall but fund more pictures behind it. I pull the knife and take the pictures in my hand.

No

No

No

This cannot be happening. God no!

They are dead. NO!

I run from the closet and try to find my phone. Where the fuck is it?!

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

I grab it and call Andrew. No answer.

I call Hayley. No answer.

I check the time. 9:14am.

Motherfucking fuck. I quickly change my clothes.

I guess it's not gonna be a lounge day after all.

I cope with sarcasm, kill me.

TOO SOON MARINA!

I change into black leather pants, black boots and a black turtle neck as I tie my hair up. I have a feeling things are gonna get messy.

I walk back into my closet and grab my go bag. You know the usual stuff. Extra ammo, guns, gasoline, lighter, grenades, gps tracker, burner phone, tranquilisers, peanut butter and fruit snacks.

Everything has a purpose.

I google maps this place and see it's not that far.

I leave from the balcony as my brothers and father are probably awake by now, I can't deal with them right now. I head for the garage and get a motor bike and head off.

~~~
Later
~~~

I make it to the location. It's a pretty well kept house surrounded by forest. I make sure to keep my distance and keep driving a bit when I come across another bike. I hop off mine and follow into the opening with my gun loaded and ready.

Someone in black is crouched down surveying the area. I press my gun against the back of their head. "Don't move a fucking muscle." I say lowly. The person stops what they are doing. "Marina?" The person says. I know that voice.

"Leo?" He turns around still crouched down. "What the fuck are you doing here?" we say at the same time. "You remember I left the club when one of my guys come over?" He asks. I blush a little at the reminder of the evening.

"I got home and we were attacked. The guards were dead, maids too. My..my father was dead in kitchen. My mother dead in my sisters room. My sister was shot but she is alive. In surgery as we speak. I was messaged to come here." He recalls as tears threaten to fall from his eyes.

"Fuck I am so sorry Leo. Americans are all dead too." I tell him. His head lifts at this like he can't believe what he is hearing. Our best friends are dead as well as his family.

"I was left a bunch of pictures and a note to be here at 10. It's almost time so we should probably go in." I tell him. The property doesn't look guarded. Slowly being careful of our surroundings we get closer to the house.

"I'll take the back you take the front." I say to him. He nods in response as I dip around the side of the house coming to the back door.

Slowly I twist the knob and I creaks open. The house is well kept but I don't think anyone lives here the kitchen is empty as is the living room, the furniture is covered up in white sheets. Leo meets me here. I listen for a few moments. It is dead silent.

Until a thud comes from upstairs. I look to Leo as he gestures for me to follow behind him. I do. We check the rooms, empty one after another empty. Until the last room.

The door is closed.

I take one side as Leo is one the other side. I gesture 1...2...3 I kick the door open.

"Hayley?" I ask with tears in my eyes.

She is standing by the desk as she turns to us confused. "I thought you were dead." I tell her as I rush over and hug her. "I-I'm okay." She says softly.

"You guys were told to meet here too?" She asks

"Yeah the bastard killed my parents." Leo tells her as he hugs her.

"Not you too." She tell him. She hangs her head low letting out a sigh as she keeps holding onto him. I look around the room, it seems be to an office of some sort. I spot a manilla file on the coffee table by the back of the room.

I walk over to it and open it. It's more photos of Hayley and Leo's dead families and...my family?

Dead?

"What the fuck?" I say more to myself but I caught the attention of the others as they walk closer to me. In one photo my family are tied up, in another they have bullets in their heads.

"No, No, No! They can't be! I saw them just least night! There is no way!" I throw the papers as I feel a panic attack start to come over me.

Hayley picks up the papers as does Leo. Their eyes widen at the images. "Hey my angel, I need you to breath for me. In and out, come on Marina breath." Leo says as he picks me up from the floor. He holds me to his chest as comforts me as the panic attack stops but my cry's don't.

"I saw them just last night. How are they dead? No! I don't believe it." I state and get out of Leo's grip. "Guy's there is a note." Hayley tells us. "What does it say?" Leo asks.

Hello all,

I am sorry my queen but I couldn't let them get in the way. You care for them too much the same for that American boy, they had to go. It was a shame my nephew was out, I see you both have grown close. But he will not have what is MINE! He will let you go as well as hand over my mafia. I have also decided that no girl is fit to run a mafia, so I will be taking over the American and Italian mafia's also and one day our children will rule them.

If get what I want you may all live if not you will all die. You have an hour to decide. I shall see you all soon.

-Viktor.

~~~

"He better prepare for war because there is no way I am going down without a fight."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

367K 7.2K 41
Hey, this book is not finished, but I have been asked to keep it up! I am rewriting it right away, because there were major plot holes and it was jus...
47.9K 1.8K 24
-𝐀 πŒπ€π…πˆπ€ π‘πŽπŒπ€ππ‚π„- ~𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐀 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐑𝐞 πˆπ‹π‹πˆπ‚πˆπ“ π’π„π‘πˆπ„π’~ [CAN BE READ AS STANDALONES] ~β€’~ 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐀 π‘π”π’π’πŽ A...
3M 71.7K 84
*needs editing* "Watch your fucking mouth"Antonio said slamming his fist on the desk. The twins just looked at their oldest brother in amusement at h...
2M 51.3K 95
Alexa and Alesa Romano are the only daughters of the Romano family They grew up without their 7 brothers.. After the divorce of their parents. The...