love is on the radio (malum)

By samisaninja

More

love is on the radio
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
part 6
part 7
part 8
ending

part 9

190 13 0
By samisaninja

Michael sat through a pretty boring meeting with Louis, Liam, and Niall. He thought their could've been more people involved, but he wasn't going to complain. More people meant more opinions and more opinions meant a longer meeting.

Liam was going on about the do's and don'ts of having a radio show. Swearing be one of the don'ts which Michael had the decency to show a little bit ashamed about even though he really wasn't.

Louis was going on about transitioning everyone from him to Michael, instead of just bam Michael is the new presenter.

And Niall, Niall just seemed to be their for the food. Not that Michael could blame the boy, the food was good touch. Pizza was always good in Michael's own opinion.

As Louis and Liam talked about how to introduce it, should there be an actual name for it like Louis having the The Tommo Show, Niall calling his Irish Bro. Michael sighed at it all and grabbed another slice of pizza.

"Y'know I already had a thing going on. I was Overlord Clifford and everyone was my Little Clifford's. Never did decide on an actual name for the show." He pointed out with a shrug which set Louis back to his point that Michael already had something to identify himself.

Pizza slice after pizza slice the meeting went on and finally when there was no more pizza, Michael leaned back in his chair and watched the debate go on about different things for the radio show.

"Okay, do I still need to be here?" The lilac haired boy asked with a sigh. Louis and Liam shared a look and then looked back at Michael.

"Yes."

"No."

They both gave contradictory answers and Michael crossed his arms with a slight frown. Waving Louis and Liam to continue their talk, Michael turned to Niall. The blond boy staring sadly at the empty pizza boxes.

Michael chuckled softly and looked back to the two boys who were still talking. The entire meeting they had been talking while Michael had barely listened, figuring Louis could tell him the important bits later.

Looking around at the break room, Michael decided to get over his phone and play Crossy Road. Emo Goose being his character of choice.

He was trying to beat his high score of 300 and was only at 217 when Niall tapped his shoulder and Michael looked up after pausing his game. "What?" He looked between the the three other boys with a confused expression.

Louis had a massive grin on his face, his eyes sparkling with some excitement. "You are officially taking over my show next Monday! Now you need to come in the week before so we can make the announcement and people can be upset with me for leaving, but it's official! You can take over my show. That is if you want too." Louis rambled for a second.

Michael paused, he did like doing the radio show. It was fun as hell and...and yeah. "Yeah, I want to do it." Louis threw his hands up in a cheer, Liam shot Michael a friendly smile and Niall gently patted him on the back.

"Okay, can I go now?" He was ready to go and tell Calum and Luke about this. All three boys nodded and Michael shot up out of his seat, saluting the three boys with his two fingers while saying, "See ya."

-

The ding that sounded as he entered the bakery was a nice welcoming sound. He giggled as he noticed Calum dancing to music from the radio and didn't notice Michael's entrance. So h3 snuck up behind the boy, covering the pretty brown eyes with his hands.

"Guess who!" He sing songed happily.

Calum's face automatically morphed into a grin and paused to act like he was thinking. "A super cute radio intern turned presenter?"

Michael made a ding sound and removed his hands from Calum's eyes. Instead he hugged to boy from behind, resting his chin on Calum's shoulder. "I start next Monday, but Louis wants me to come in for the week to get everyone used to hearing my voice and shitty humour." He said happily.

Calum gently ruffed Michael's hair, the boy leaning into Calum's touch with a soft smile. "Are you almost done working?"

"Yeah, I just need to clean up in the back. Why?"

"We should just go on our date now. A date slash mini celebration, but honestly more date."

"Are you sure you're not just being impatient and can't wait another day?" Calum joked, gently playing with the boy's hair.

Pursing his lips, Michael shrugged. "Maybe a bit of both. We also avoid the hassle of 'omg, do I look okay?' Not that it would even be a hassle for you, I think you look cute in anything."

Calum cheeks turned a slight shade of pink as he blushed, just furthering Michael's thought that the boy was really cute and adorable. "Okay, give me fifteen minutes." He said, with a soft giggle.

Nodding, Michael pulled back from his hug and let Calum go do baker things. He pulled his phone out and went back to trying to beat his high score on Crossy Road. Part of his mind on the game and the other part thinking of what to do for the date.

He quickly got distracted as Calum returned, wearing a Grey sweater with 'No Morals' written on it. Michael gaped at the boy, feeling an urge to just grab the boy's face and kiss it. Shaking his head, Michael stood up and held out his hand for Calum to take, which the boy did.

"You look adorable and hot at the same time. It's unfair." He commented, getting the boy to blush for a second time that day.

Calum gently nudged Michael, "You're the one making a denim jacket look good." Michael laughed and stuck a pose, earning a laugh from Calum who covered his mouth to hide it.

"Okay, Calum Thomas Hood... Are you ready for a fun night."

"Yeah, I am, Michael Gordon Clifford."

"Then let's go!"

Michael gently squeezed Calum's hand and dragged the boy out of the bakery with a laugh. He didn't have any plan for where to go, so in case Calum asked he was gonna say they were going on an adventure. Luckily he didn't ask and just followed Michael.

-

They ended up having a makeshift picnic, complete with McDonald's and Starbucks. The two had found nice spot in the park and they ate food and chatted at the sun started to set.

Michael layed his head on Calum's lap as his attention was divided between the sunset and Calum. He watched as Calum stared at the sky. Softly humming and playing with Michael's hair. In Michael's own slightly biased opinion, he thought it was one of the best dates he's been on with the cutest boy ever.

He didn't realize until Calum looked down that he had been completely staring at the boy. Lost in committing every feature to memory. The boy blushed and Michael had the urge to grabbed Calum's face and kiss him.

Instead he reached up and gently tapped Calum's nose, a soft 'boop' leaving his lip, followed by a breathy chuckle. Michael knew he was falling fast for the boy, but it just felt like he had know Calum his whole life.

"We should probably get going." Calum mumbled, a small pout on his face. Not wanting to leave Michael's company.

The lilac boy pursed his lips and sat up. "Do you want to act like 6 year olds and have a sleepover? I could probably get Luke to leave the apartment for the night or he could join in and we can invite Ashton."

"So like a double date, but a sleepover?" Calum asked to clarify,

Michael nodded, "Yeah, exactly like that."

"Okay! I'll text Ashton about it." Calum grinned and pulled out his phone. "He says he likes the idea!" Calum cheered as Michael smiled at how cute Calum was before pulling out his own phone and texting Luke.

To: Breadstick
hey
we're having a sleepover and theres nothing you can do to stop it

From: Breadstick
whhyyyyy

To: Breadstick
why not???

From: Breadstick
.........

To: Breadstick
YOU CAN'T THINK OF A REASON
WE ARE HAVING SLEEPOVER
NOTHING. AT. ALL. THAT. YOU. CAN. DO. TO. STOP. IT.

From: Breadstick
i can leave the flat
crash at ashton's or something

To: Breadstick
nooooope
you can't
ashton has already agreed to having a sleepover
so just accept that you're having a sleepover with ashton, calum, and me
just accept it

Michael didn't get a text back from Luke, but he gave Calum a thumbs up. So the two threw away their trash and heading for Michael's and Luke's shared apartment, picking up Ashton on their way.

-

Next morning, Michael woke up with a warm body on his chest and a tangle of dark hair in his face. He giggled softly, watching Calum sleep and loved cuddling the boy. He giggled softly and gently played with the boy's fluffy hair, smiling fondly at the soft snores escaping Calum's lips.

Michael felt himself falling back to sleep and simply pressed a kiss to the boy's forehead and tightened his hold around Calum's waist.

_____________________

???? idk i kinda like this chapter. and yeeeesss there only one more cause i like having things at an even number. like even number or a 5. idk why, but yeah. and i totally didn't know how to end this sooooo that what i give you all okay.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.6K 913 37
143K 9.1K 41
in which a teacher and a student try to find a way for their relationship to work. lowercase intended.
22.8K 114 24
504K 10.1K 59
REQUESTS CLOSED