Date A Live: Desire Grand Prix

By JamesPatrickBueza6

Cornered by Mio, Shido uses the power of all ten spirits in Zafkiel's sixth bullet to travel back to the past... More

Prolouge Part 1: Timeline Reset
Prolouge Part 2: The destined meeting of a boy and a fox
Prolouge Part 3: Dawn F: Invitation to Be a Rider
Episode 2: Encounter I: Treasure Hunting and Thievery
Episode 2 Part 2: Date with a Spirit
Episode 2 Part 3: School before the Next Round
Episode 3: Encounter II: Zombie Hunting
Episode 4: Encounter III: Conditions for Victory
Episode 4 Part 2: Before the Snow Falls
Voice Cast for this Fanfic
Episode 4 Part 3: Operation: Falling Snow Pt 1
Episode 4 Part 4: Operation: Falling Snow Pt 2
Intermission: Off the Chain

The Main Characters

1.3K 17 36
By JamesPatrickBueza6

1. Shido Itsuka/Kamen Rider Seirei

(Note: be prepared to see Shido frown because it will happen a lot!)

After travelling in time after being cornered by Mio, Shido begins a restart of his life but somehow finds himself chosen to participate in the Desire Grand Prix, now with an even bigger problem compared to sealing the Spirits. Shido will soon find himself and his mind put to the test and limit. Will he be able to keep the existence of the DGP a secret from the Spirits? Or will he crack under peer pressure?

2. Ace Ukiyo/Kamen Rider Geats

The reigning undefeated champion of the DGP. Ace is a mysterious man whose past is shrouded in mystery and intrigue. Ace is determined to find the secrets of the DGP to fulfil his wish that he had long been seeking...to find his long lost mother. Along they way, Ace meets people who might help him find the truth he had been seeking for, even if he has to use some underhanded yet well meaning trickery that is.

3. Keiwa Sakurai/Kamen Rider Tycoon

A job seeking college student graduate who finds his life turned upside down upon meeting Ace, he soon joins the Desire Grand Prix to fulfil his wish. However, Keiwa much like Shido will be put to the test and learn some horrific secrets behind the DGP and find a means to save the world...without dying that is.

4. Neon Kurama/Kamen Rider Na-Go

The rich only daughter of the Kurama Zaibatsu, Neon joins the Desire Grand Prix to fulfil her wish: to find true love, that is...if her meddling and controlling mother stays out of the way!

5. Michinaga Azuma/Kamen Rider Buffa

A veteran Kamen Rider and construction worker who has an enmity with Ace for some reason. Michinaga once again finds himself joining the DGP with the desire to grant his wish, one that he made since his first foray: "To crush all Kamen Riders".

6. The Spirits

(You know them all. So it it would be a waste of time to say their names, but i'll do it anyway! Warning: Spoilers!)

Spirits are extraordinary beings from a different dimension. Through their own will or not, it is unknown, but each time they come through to this world, they create a spacequake that is similar to a bomb explosion which destroys everything that it engulfs. Each individual Spirit is unique in personality, power, and their knowledge of the world.

This is where Shido Itsuka our hero comes in. He possesses a strange power that allows him to seal the powers of a Spirit in his body with a kiss. However things get more difficult for the Spirits once Shido gets embroiled in the DGP, it's only a matter of time before they find out!

List of the Spirits (from chronological order in sealing in this fic!):

A. Tohka Yatogami. Codename: Princess. Angel: Sandalphon.

The first Spirit that Shido encounters and falls in love with, and she is the first one to be sealed. Tohka might be a ditzy girl but she shows some suprising moments of intellect from time to time. She deeply cares for Shido due to him being the reason why she was given a new life and happiness. During Shido's battles in the DGP, she becomes increasingly worried that Shido might be Kamen Rider Seirei in which no one believes her. Unbeknowst to anyone, Tohka possesses a dark side, which might emerge should something horrible happen to Shido and the DGP might be the very reason this dark side emerges.

B. Yoshino Himekawa. Codename: Hermit. Angel: Zadkiel

A young girl who carries a rabbit puppet named Yoshinon. Yoshino is quite the nervous wreck and clearly goes into a crying fit when Yoshinon is taken away from her due to her puppet speaking for her most of the time. Yoshino also has the power to control ice via her angel and with some determination can transform her Astral Dress into a more armored variant called 'Shiryon'. Yoshino looks up Shido and develops feelings for him due to his kindness, unbeknowst to anybody she has a very shocking past as well as...her true age.

C. Nia Honjou (you heard that right! she gets sealed way early!). Codename: Sister. Angel: Rasiel

The author of the popular manga Silver Bullet which Shido (and unbeknowst to him: Ace and Keiwa) is a fan of and is secretly a Spirit in which the public doesn't know. Kidnapped a month before the events of the first episode, Nia is captured and tortured by DEM and is codenamed: Material A. However due to Shido's knowledge of the past, Nia is rescued much earlier with some help from Ace (as Geats) and a reluctant Kurumi. Due to her earlier rescue, her Inversion and theft of her Sephira Crystal (and to an extent her Qlipha Crystal) are prevented. Out of gratitude, she gives Shido (and by extension Ace and Keiwa) a free chapter of Silver Bullet. Due to Rasiel (and Beelzebub), Nia is able to predict some stuff, this unfortunately is the reason the Spirits become wary and suspicious of Shido's involvement in the DGP later on.

D. Kotori Itsuka. Codename: Efreet. Angel: Camael

Shido's adoptive sister who is secretly the commander of the Fraxinus which Shido already knows. Kotori is also a Spirit and has a personality switch when wearing different ribbons. Later on, she becomes increasingly suspicious of Shido's behavior as well as his constant hangouts with Ace, Keiwa and Neon and semi-frequent outbursts of anger, unbeknowst to her, the DGP is gradually taking a toll on his sanity and the dates aren't making it any better and damages their semi-distant relationship.

E. Kaguya Yamai and Yuzuru Yamai. Codename: Berserk. Angel: Raphael. True Name: Kazamachi Yamai.

Known as the Yamai Twins, Kaguya and Yuzuru have been locked into a stalemate for quite a long time to prove who is the true 'Yamai'. Upon meeting Shido, the two decide to use him to determine who will win once and for all. Later on both twins become wary of Ace Ukiyo and the other Kamen Riders and just like with the other Spirits an increased suspicion towards Shido who tries to prevent them from learning about the DGP.

F. Miku Izayoi. Codename: Diva. Angel: Gabriel.

A popular idol singer (though not as popular as Ace who is the Star of the Stars of the Stars) who is actually a Spirit. Unfortunately Miku has a hatred of men which makes Shido's job a lot harder to do. Later on after regaining her faith in humanity and getting over her hatred, Miku later discovers an unnerving secret behind the enemies and the sponsors of the DGP.

G. Origami Tobiichi. Codename: Angel. Angel: Metatron.

Shido's classmate who harbors a grudge against Spirits due to one killing her parents years ago. Later on she makes a deal with Phantom who turns her into an Angel to find her parent's killer and travels back into time thanks to a reluctant Kurumi and discovers a horrific truth...SHE was actually the murderer of her parents which results in her undergoing an Inversion out of sheer despair and agony over the horrific truth. Shido goes back in time along with the Kamen Riders which results in an alternate timeline where her parents are still alive. Unlike the other Spirits, she has a dual personality consisting of her old timeline personality and her new timeline personality. She for some odd reason forms a friendship with Neon and learns a rather tragic and horrific secret regarding the Kurama Zaibatsu's only daughter (spoilers for the latest episode a.k.a. episode 29)

H. Natsumi Kyouno. Codename: Witch. Angel: Haniel.

A Mysterious girl with the appearance of a beautiful woman in her 20s wearing a witch costume...yet that's not really what she looks like. She's actually a 15 year old girl who hates her true appearance, and causes some trouble for Shido once it's exposed. However deep down is a troubled and anguished soul starved of love and affection and Shido is more than willing to give it to her.

I. Kurumi Tokisaki. Codename: Nightmare. Angel: Zafkiel.

A mysterious new student who transferred to Shido's school. In reality she is a Spirit nicknamed the 'Worst Spirit' due to her highly unpleasant behaviour and seemingly evil nature, due to her desire to kill Shido or have him all to herself. Due to Shido's time travel, initially she becomes wary of him but ultimately trusts him unlike in the original timeline (due to him showing his life in the original timeline via Rasiel) and somehow gets herself involved with the Kamen Riders which she takes an interest in, later on she starts making the connections bewteen Shido and Kamen Rider Seirei and discovers some nasty truths along the way. Though seemingly abhorrent in her advances towards Shido, she geninuely likes him and ultimately falls in love with him.

J. Mukuro Hoshimiya. Codename: Zodiac. Angel: Michael.

An emotionless Spirit found above the Earth's atmosphere who stays there to avoid detection. Later on, Shido ultimately finds her and manages to unlock her emotions, which causes some trouble due to her initially wanting Shido to herself and refusing him to have another lover (in the form of the Spirits), but ultimately warms up to it and lets herself be sealed. She for some reason knows some knowledge about the DGP which ultimately gets Shido in more hot water than ever before.

K. Mio Takamiya. Codename: Deus. Angel: Ain, Ain Soph, Ain Soph Aur.

The first Spirit also known as the Spirit of Origin and the reason why the Spirits have their powers and why Tohka exists. And also the reason why Shido travelled to the past to change the timeline. Mio is clearly determined in her plan for Shido to seal all Spirits in order to resurrect her dead lover Shinji Takamiya...who was Shido's original identity. Much to her fury, Shido gets involved in the DGP before the sealing of the other Spirits begins, which results in her lashing out at the DGP riders who are Shido's friends. However Shido realizes that he must make a single choice in the new timeline, one that will change everything: convince Mio and SAVE her from her despair and insanity.

7. James Ryukishigami/Kamen Rider Draveast (OC) (again he looks like Setsuna during Season 1 of Gundam 00)

A 17 year old high schooler who attends Makisuhara High at first year who finds himself participating in the DGP. Not wanting to pass up an opportunity to grant his wish for his love interest to be happier both mentally and emotinally. James despite his unassuming appearance is quite intelligent and skilled in various martial arts as well as a master of sword skills and techniques. James then forms a bond with Shido and gives him advice and support to survive the DGP and also befriending the other DGP contestants. Deep down, James is a troubled, sad and lonely youth who wants to make his love interest happy as seeing her happiness makes him truly happy and later on fighting to save the world with your friends which also makes him happy.

8. Satou Matsuzaka (yep. you heard that right.)

(Top: Normal. Below: Yandere Mode)

James' love interest who also studies in the same school and classroom year he's in. Despite her seemingly normal appearance, Satou is a bundled mess of emotions both mentally and emotionally. She takes an interest and mild obsession in James which culminates in her kidnapping him in ironically in his own apartment. Due to her mental and emotional instability, James wants to make her truly happy which results in him joining the Desire Grand Prix to grant his wish where she is happier and mentally and emotionally stable. Later on she learns about James' battles which does not sit well with her (at first). Ultimately she is a broken mess of a young woman who desperately wants to know the true meaning of love.

Author's note: An introduction to our main cast. What, surprised to see Satou from Happy Sugar Life? Regarding the Spirit's profiles having some spoilers, can't help but spoil a bit. But i'll give a proper explaination regarding these spoilers. The next chapter is Shido's first foray in the DGP. As always, take care of yourself and see you all later.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

685K 13.2K 69
After being killed by angry pilot, Y/N landed in the Abyss and meet Four Kings of the Abyss. They made deal with him and reincarnated to Date A Live...
74.5K 1.9K 45
Shido gets cornered by Mio, but manages to travel back in time and restart at volume 1 again. Essentially, a redo of Date a Live but Shido has all 10...
289 13 4
ʚ❀︎ɞ γ€” π’π‡πˆπŽ π˜πŽπ“π’π”π†π”π‘πˆ... 〕 γ…€ β–¬β–¬ ⠀⠀❛When it comes to love, I want ours to be the purest. ❜ γ…€ πŸΉβ€’Β° Β·Μ©Ν™ βͺ π™™π™žπ™€π™§ 𝙛π™ͺ𝙣𝙙𝙨...
31.2K 2.6K 111
Volume 2 of "Shido's Daily Lives with the Spirits" Shido has found more Reiryoku, but he needs much more to help other Spirits stay longer. He will h...