Shudders: Retribution

By Lilas___

[Tsundere and Yandere Demons x Reader] A world where demons and humans can live amongst each other. ... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - The Awakening
Chapter 2 - The Savior
Chapter 3 - The Kill
Chapter 4 - The Trailer
Chapter 5 - The Fabric
Chapter 6 - The Geese
Chapter 7 - The Motel
Chapter 8 - The Trees
Chapter 9 - The Stable
Chapter 10 - The Stable pt. 2
Chapter 11 - The Partners
Chapter 12 - The Map
Chapter 13 - The Storm
Chapter 14 - The Skull
Chapter 15 - The Vines
Chapter 16 - The Shot
Chapter 17 - The Boy
Chapter 18 - The Beach
Chapter 19 - The Trio
Chapter 20 - The Guns
Chapter 21 - The Moment
Chapter 22 - The Stunt
Chapter 23 - The Alone
Chapter 24 - The Repeat
Chapter 25 - The Questioning
Chapter 26 - The Bittersweet
Chapter 27 - The Disturbance
Chapter 28 - The Confrontation
Chapter 29 - The Decision
Chapter 31 - The Realization
Chapter 32 - The Argument
Chapter 33 - The Help
Chapter 34 - The Gap
Chapter 35 - The Training
Chapter 36 - The Robbery
Chapter 37 - The Sewers
Chapter 38 - The Appreciation
Chapter 39 - The Dream
Chapter 40 - The Peace
Chapter 41 - The Note
Chapter 42 - The Broken Heart
Chapter 43 - The Hostage
Chapter 44 - The Oblivious
Chapter 45 - The Apology
Chapter 46 - The Cut
Chapter 47 - The Train Yard
Chapter 48 - The Mother
Chapter 49 - The Love
Chapter 50 - The Address
Chapter 51 - The Release
Chapter 52 - The Despondent
Chapter 53 - The Answer
Chapter 54 - The Interrogation
Chapter 55 - The Make Up
Chapter 56 - The Covetous
Chapter 57 - The Clash
Chapter 58 - The Room
Chapter 59 - The Hold
Chapter 60 - The Traitor
Chapter 61 - The Fate
Chapter 62 - The Party
Chapter 63 - The Peril
Chapter 64 - The Puppet
Chapter 65 - The Lovers
Chapter 66 - The End
QnA
Fanart

Chapter 30 - The Ambush

1.3K 144 331
By Lilas___

Violence Warning ⚠️
———————————————————————————

      The asylum. It's the asylum.

      (O/N) kept her word that (Y/N) would see nothing. That reading her memory will only last for a few seconds.

       She had listened to the Head Keeper's instructions and looked into her yellow eyes. They glowed which did intimidate the demon but after only 3 seconds, the glow simmered down and soon (O/N) had a horrified look on her face. Not wasting a second, she went to go give the information to her husband. Seeing that concrete room, the caved-in floors above, the crowd of demons surrounding her. She recognized it as the asylum. And she knew exactly where it was.

       Because of how valuable (Y/N) was to the Elitists, it was now a top priority to keep her from getting into their grasp.

      Rules were even made.

      1. Someone must be watching her at all times.

      2. She couldn't leave the Zone without people going with her.

      And lastly, 3. Keep her far away from any Elitists.

      It did sound like they weren't going to let her leave now but it was more so to keep her from getting caught. From what (O/N) saw, it shook her. And now the need to keep the demon from falling back into the Elitists' hands was ever the greater.

      So here she was, inside one of the carriers sitting in the open cage that she was put in at first with her legs resting against one glass wall and leaning back into the other.

      They didn't put her there, she chose to sit in the cage. It was the only place that didn't have humans watching her.

      The shake of the vehicle as it moved and the growing heartache of knowing that she was getting further and further away from the small town, it hurt.

      She missed Yama so much and it hurt knowing she was choosing to stop the Elitists over finding him.

      She made a promise to herself that she will find him. After everything is over, she'll return to the small town. Make her way to the boating shop, crossed through the secret passage, and reunite with him at his home.

      The thought of seeing him again gave her hope that she will be successful in finding him. To see his face again and to hear him call her annoying while she teased him back. Being close to him and sharing more moments together. Moments like when he kissed her hand and she kissed his cheek, when he wiped away her tears and reassured her that he was fine, more moments like those that she never expected to experience. Especially with a demon who wanted nothing to do with her at first. But he gave his all to keep her safe, even if it meant breaking the two apart.

       If anything, she hoped he was safe. Even if he did get away from the Elitists and decided to leave her, she hoped he was safe.

      He didn't want anything to do with her at first. Any person in their right mind wouldn't get involved with someone so deep in trouble.

      She couldn't blame him if he decided to save his own skin despite how much the thought pained her. But it didn't seem like him at all.

     He wouldn't leave her and she wasn't going to leave him. This wasn't goodbye.

      But it still hurt all the same.

"Hey."

       (Y/N) looked up and met the white eyes of the demon known as Vam. She came and sat next to her outside of the cage and leaned back against the wall. "You look like you have a lot on your mind."

      They haven't talked much. (Y/N) didn't even expect the pale demon to approach her at all. But she faced ahead of her and looked down at her hands folded against her stomach. "I do."

"Yeah, I bet." Vam exhaled a breath as she relaxed. "You're probably tired of talking about the Elitists. We can talk about something else. I'm just bored."

      (Y/N) glanced at her then to a couch nearby where a fully grown Tuca slept. Apparently, the demon child wasn't really a child. He essentially grew into the older form before the Zones took off. He looked like someone who would be the same age as her and that was his true appearance. Not an innocent child.

      B's brothers only got more stranger.

      But she also learned that Tuca and Vam were in a relationship. From what B told her, they've known each other since they were kids and have been dating for many many years. They looked out for each other and never left the other for too long. Vam usually did some solo scouting for the Zone but she was always back in time because of how much she would miss Tuca. They were inseparable.

       (Y/N)'s even heard them refer to each other as partners too. Both romantically and literally.

       It made her miss Yama even more.

"Can I ask you something?" (Y/N) slowly spoke.

"Yea?" Vam leaned her head towards her with closed eyes as she relaxed.

"How did you know that you wanted to be with him?"

      The question made the pale demon open an eye and glance at the girl before closing it again. "Why? Is there someone in your life?"

      A blush tinted (Y/N)'s cheeks. "Sort of..."

"Well..." Vam dragged. "Green is my soul mate and I am his. He got captured long ago and was gone for years. I thought I couldn't function without him. We never spent a day apart. So imagine suddenly being separated for over 20 years."

       (Y/N)'s eyes widened. '20 years?!'

       Vam sighed. "I was messed up for a while but... the day he came back to me. It felt like the world was whole again. I had my other half back."

       She reminisced about the memory. She wasn't happy for a long time without Tuca and her family had to witness her spiral into somewhere dark. They had a bond so strong that nobody could break it. They would kill for each other. Go to the ends of the world for each other. Neither of them could ever imagine life without their other half.

"That's how I knew we were meant to be. Even after such a long time, we still loved each other." Vam sweetly spoke, her eyes on the demon in question. Tuca may not be the most expressive demon in his true form, but he tells her every day how much he loves her and she does the same to him.

      (Y/N) was happy for them. Seeing two demons so in love with each other gave her hope that the world wasn't entirely cruel. But also a bit of envy.

       Is that why being away from Yama brings her such pain? Was he her other half like Tuca and Vam are to each other?

       Even if Yama didn't hold the same feelings as her, she would still consider him as her partner. He was the first demon to not hurt her. The first of anyone to help her since her life was turned upside down. No matter what, he'll always leave a mark on her life. Whether it be as acquaintances, friends, partners...

       Or maybe something more.

"Are you separated from your person?" Vam asked.

       (Y/N) nodded. "We were running from the Elitists and they had us cornered. He... he risked himself to save me. I don't know if he's even alive..."

       Vam reassuringly placed a hand on (Y/N)'s shoulder. She knows the pain of being separated from someone you cared about. It wasn't a great feeling.

"He told me he'll catch up..." (Y/N) muttered, her pain evident in her hushed voice. "He said he will."

"You'll find him." Vam spoke. "Or he'll find you. Don't give up on it like I almost did several times. You'll find each other."

        (Y/N) sniffed back her tears that were threatening to fall. She nodded, feeling comforted to know that there was someone who went through this. Wiping her tears, she didn't expect to miss Yama this much.

       Suddenly, both demons were pushed to the side as the force of the carrier stopping threw off their balance. Once the vehicle fully stopped, they both got back up and heard the Capturers inside with them rush to the front.

       Both (Y/N) and Vam looked at each other before getting up to go see the cause of the sudden stop.

"What's going on?" A Capturer asked the drivers.

"We're surrounded." A driver cursed.

       (Y/N)'s breath hitched. They're surrounded? By what?!

       Glancing out the front windows, her question was answered.

       Demons with skull masks. Even more than before. Many of them were blocking the road up ahead while the rest covered all other sides of the Zone. Another ambush.

       (Y/N) immediately ducked away from any window. She moved back to the open cell as she can hear the Capturers' radios spark to life with the Chief's orders.

"You all know the drill. Eradicate them. But don't let them near (Y/N)."

      Immediately the Capturers inside the carriers grabbed their weapons and started charging outside. It wasn't long until gunshots and growls filled the air as the fight quickly started.

      Tuca had awakened when the carrier came to a sudden halt and both he and Vam also got battle ready and rushed outside to help with the fight. Leaving (Y/N) alone in the carrier.

      They weren't going to let the Elitists near her so as long as she stayed in the carrier she should be fine, right?

      The tank outside sparked to life as harsh booms of bullets shot out. She felt the vibrations of it even from inside this large metal vehicle. Just when she thought staying inside would be a good idea, a painful yell near the entrance scared the girl and two Elitists climbed inside and found her hiding within the cage.

       Her eyes widened as they started rushing for her. Her quickest thought was to look to the cage's switch and throw a piece of her bloody vines against the button. Just as an Elitist got too close, the glass door to the cell slammed shut while the button jammed. Even if they tried to open it, the button's circuitry was already becoming fried by her burning blood.

      (Y/N) backed into the wall as the two Elitists tried breaking the glass. But these cells were designed to keep demons locked up, they can't break it. The demons were giving it their all thought. There was only so much time to grab her and run before any human came for her aid.

       But after a couple more slams and impacts made to the glass, another hit made a small crack appear.

       (Y/N)'s blood ran cold while the Elitists finally knew that the glass was breakable.

"Hey, assholes!" A voice shouted.

        Everyone turned and it was B and Tyr with their guns pointed directly at the demons. (Y/N) ducked down as the two began firing at the Elitists who also ducked away behind walls. Some of the bullets hit the glass and the crack grew bigger.

        Once the firing stopped, the Elitists charged out in the little space they had while both Capturers pulled out their melee weapons. B with her taser and Tyr a metal baton. The fight ensued without the guns. The cramped space of the carrier wasn't going to allow for it. Which was also pretty difficult for the two Capturers.

       It didn't give them much room to move and avoid hitting each other with their weapons as they fought the Elitists. Both were transmutes and they used the cramp space to their advantage to throw the Capturers off with their abilities, one shifting their limbs to trip up the two while the other hardened their skin to take the blows from the weapons for the both of them.

        Both B and Tyr were soon struggling and (Y/N) can see that the fight wasn't going in their favor. She pushed against the glass door but it wouldn't budge. Her leg kicked the crack but it wasn't enough to break the glass.

        B got tripped up and shoved to the ground while an Elitist took Tyr's distraction and pinned him against the wall. She needed to help them.

        B turned on her back with her taser in hand and shoved it toward the nearest Elitists but the demon dodged and grabbed the middle handle of the taser and yanked it out of the Capturer's hands. Soon the taser was directed toward her now. The Elitist flipped it around and prepared to strike her with it but-

*CRASH*

       The demon didn't have time to look up as bloody vines shot into their neck and yanked them forward. The taser was dropped in the process so B grabbed it and rushed to her cousin's aid, kicking the Elitist back and jabbing the electrified weapon into the demon's gut. The electricity quickly took care of the demon as it fried their insides and soon killed them.

       She pulled away as the body dropped and turned around to check on Tyr. "You alright?!"

       But they weren't too focused on her and instead on what was happening in the back. B looked and she became shocked as well.

       (Y/N) had the other Elitist pinned against the glass door of the other cell with her vines that were wounded around each other into a sharp point that stabbed through the demon's torso and through the glass as well. The cell she was in was broken open with bloody shards of glass on the floor.

       (Y/N) growled as she ripped herself away from the demon and slammed them down into the floor. They were already dead from how hard she slammed their head against the still-intact glass door and then followed up by stabbing them repeatedly.

        The bloody vines went back into her arms which were now dripping in her blood. She looked up to the two Capturers with heavy breaths and swallowed back her growing rage. "Are you- both alright..?"

"Yea?" Tyr answered carefully.

         Their attention was pulled by more fighting outside so the Capturers quickly grabbed their weapons and went to rush outside. (Y/N) followed but was stopped by B before she could step outside.

"No, stay here!" The Capturer ordered.

"But I can help!" (Y/N) protested but B shook her head and pushed her back inside. "You can't help us if the Elitists get you. Just stay out of sight!"

       B and Tyr both ran off to rejoin the fight, not giving the demon time to argue. (Y/N) bit back her anger as she looked around at the scene. Capturers were confronting the many demons and keeping them as far back from the carriers as they can. Not only to keep them from getting to (Y/N) but also the members of the Zones who weren't trained to fight demons. They were all in the other carriers being kept away from the fight.

       But she didn't want to be a sitting duck doing nothing while she was able to fight as well. So (Y/N) ignored B's order and left the carrier anyways.

       Two Capturers were getting overwhelmed by three Elitists until she jumped in and whipped her vines at one that was going to strike a Capturer. The vines wrapped around the demon's legs and yanked them down to the ground, making the fight even enough for the Capturers to take on the remaining two.

       (Y/N) dragged the Elitist further back as they disappeared into a cloud of smoke. After experiencing this trick before, her vines flew behind her and into the demon who reappeared and attempted to grab her. Successfully she managed to kill the demon when her vines struck their head. She could feel that need for violence and rage grow again but just like before, she did her best to keep it down.

       The battle was intense. The Capturers had the strength to take on all of the demons due to their weapons and the tank firing shots at as many as it could, but the Elitists had the number. There were so many of them. It wasn't like the last ambush she faced, it was triple that.

        Despite being told to stay put, B and Tyr soon noticed (Y/N) joining the fight where she could. Elitists would notice her and try grabbing her but her vines were enough to keep them back along with nearby Capturers taking the Elitists' distractions and firing their bullets into them. The more she fought the more her mind started slipping deeper and deeper. It became harder to focus as her vines whirled around and attacked any Elitists that approached her or the Capturers around her. But she was getting sloppy.

       The Elitists had silently formed a plan. The majority of them went for the Capturers and avoided getting shot by the tank while a few went for (Y/N). B and Tyr tried going to her aid but were kept from getting close by more Elitists, being forced to fight them instead.

       Her eyes were completely bloodshot as her vines swiped at one Elitist and slammed near another. Soon four of them were surrounding her and taking jabs at her that made her stagger, almost like they were leading her to where the tank couldn't see them in the tall grass on the side of the road. She was becoming less angry and more overwhelmed. The claws of one slashed across her arm, she hissed in pain and retaliated but it left room for another to harshly kick her side and shove her to the ground.

      (Y/N) growled loudly and fought to push the demon on top of her off but soon her angry growls became painful screams when the Elitist holding her down quickly pulled out a bottle of familiar toxic blood and poured the contents out onto her arm. Just like before, the blood sank into her skin and a massive wave of pain pulsed through her limb. Her bloody vines dropped as the pain from her arm was enough to incapacitate her.

       (Y/N) caught sight of another bottle getting pulled out, likely to be used on her other arm. She tried fighting against them but it proved futile. Not until a strong force knocked the demon holding her down and sent them flying back into the open fight where the tank quickly disposed of them. The other three demons surrounding her were treated the same. A force hitting them and slamming them away from her and into the view of the tank and other Capturers. Once she was able to sit up, she gritted her teeth as her she reached where the toxic blood infected her arm and sliced her claws into her skin to create an opening, and willed her body to force Xed's blood out.

        As her body began pushing the infected blood out of her system, she glanced around and saw that the remaining Elitists were beginning to retreat. Once their numbers started to dwindle, a few yelled for the rest to run and that's what they did. The Capturers who held their own of course chased after the fleeing demons. They couldn't leave not one Elitist alive.

       (Y/N) held her bleeding arm once she got rid of the rest of Xed's blood. It sizzled into the dirt and grass beneath her and she pushed herself up and away from it.

       B showed up at her side and led her from the grass back to the road as she yelled out to her team that (Y/N) was safe. A part from a bleeding arm.

"I thought I told you to stay put!" B huffed out, trying to catch her breath from the fight.

"I'm not sitting around!" (Y/N) growled but mainly from the lingering pain of the toxic blood. Her arm felt numb as the painful throbbing slowly went away. "I can help."

"Yea I saw-" B was cut off by several Capturers rushing past them and aiming their guns at something. They were blocking the view and (Y/N) instantly thought of Xed. She didn't see him at all or Indi and Chey. Where were they?

      The Capturers ordered whoever it was to step away, but if it was an Elitist, wouldn't they have already shot them?

       (O/N) came out from a carrier once it was safe to do so and ran over to the two girls. She inspected her daughter first before moving onto (Y/N) and accidentally pulling at her bleeding arm, making the demon hiss in pain. "We'll get this patched up. Thank god you're all ok!"

"Mrs. Killwater! We need you!" One of the Capturers called.

        (O/N) looked up confused and hesitated to head over, not wanting to leave the girls. But she did and B followed, brandishing her own gun to escort her mother.

        (Y/N) watched as the Capturers started to part for the Head Keeper and she was able to finally see who they were aiming their guns at. And (Y/N)'s heart dropped.

        She first saw the blond hair, then the black tail, then his red eyes that found hers.

        She couldn't stop his name from escaping her lips as she started bolting over to him. She ran past the Capturers and a stunned Head Keeper before the demon reached her partner and jumped up to wrap her arms around him.

       Yama staggered at the impact and was forced to hold her up against him as she hugged him. She was starting to shake as sobs escaped her. Her arms were wrapped around his neck and face was buried into his shoulder as she could feel him slowly hug her back. His head leaned into hers while he held her up against him.

"I told you I would catch up." He grunted, he sounded exhausted. Like he's been on the move for some time.

"I missed you..." (Y/N) choked which made that same feeling grow in his chest again. He didn't say it or wanted to admit it, but he missed her too. It's why he came back.

"Yama..."

       The doctor looked up and met the familiar yellow eyes that were stunned to see him. He set (Y/N) back down who didn't want to let him go..

      But once she noticed the Head Keeper, she watched a relieved smile break across the older woman's face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 72.5K 125
The Mob Character Shouldn't Have A Yandere Harem?! 50 years ago, rifts started to open around the world. Portals to other dimensions. And with their...
14.5K 378 16
"You're from a whole other world" "A different dimension" "You open my eyes" "And I'm ready to go" "Lead me into the light" You just finished th...
674K 10.4K 46
Hello, this is my first story. I don't own demon slayer or Any photos or videos I use in this story the credit goes to their rightful owners (English...
175K 7.4K 49
-The story in which Y/N is transported into another dimension by a demon she was trying to slay and is now stuck in the demon slayer universe. -The u...