Ephemeral

By gotu2817

Begin a journey with me on the life of Emilia Emerald West.A smart but sassy girl with a sweet personality. H... More

Author's Note
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10 [THE DELUSION]
CHAPTER 11 [THE UNKNOWN KNOWN INTRO]
CHAPTER 12 [THE MYSTERIES]
CHAPTER 13 [ THE MINDLY CHAOS]
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22

CHAPTER 17

22 4 0
By gotu2817

Emilio's POV 

The hug came totally unexpected but I didn't even hesitate to hug her back. She had now fallen limp in my arms although she had slept last night but she might be sleepy so I let her sleep on my bed whilst I ordered some burgers and chocolate shakes for us. 

Not after 10 mins the food was here and I somehow had to wake her up because  I really don't know when she had eaten last and she can sleep after she eats. I call her to wake up but she didn't budge so I tried to shake her awake but still she won't even move. Somethings really wrong; My god did she faint in my arms ?

 I slap her gently but still no......The only thing I could think now might hopefully work. I take the jug of water beside me and sprinkle a few drops on her face with my hands and Voila !! It worked as she woke up squinting her eyes; barely able to keep them open. She tried to stand up and speak something but before she could I really knew what the deal was so I pushed her back and sat on her the bed comfortably with cushions supporting her back. As a medical degree holder, I could tell she had low blood sugar levels so I immediately grabbed the chocolate milkshake and made her drink some. After a minute of taking a few sips, she was now finally able to open her eyes properly. How foolish of a brother I was! I didn't even think about feeding her the entire time she was with me, it's my fault she's suffering from this now. 

"Stop blaming yourself for this Leo. It's not your fault, it's me who always forgets to drink water from time to time, that is the reason I might have fainted due to dehydration" She finally spoke but her voice was still weak. I am awstruck that she really could tell what I was thinking as till now it always had been opposite.

"No Emi it's not dehydration but it's low blood sugar, that's the reason why you had fainted and you didn't even realise. And am really sorry, like the worse brother I am I didn't even ask you for food or water whilst you were here the whole time." 

"Leo as I told you, it's not your fault so stop but now can you please let me have that mouth watering burger and enjoy the creamy shake. I loved this one really, since I am not a great fan of chocolates, this one seriously got my taste bro"

I was happy that she was confortable with me now so I did the best thing I could do. I took her to my secret hideout with our lunch since it was already noon.

Emilia's POV 

Somehow after changing the topic, Leo packed our food and led me up the stairs but I could  not ignore the fact that he was being careful of anybody knowing our presence there, I wanted to ask him but somehow burried that urge within me.

Leading through the staircases, he opened a door revealing the beautiful piece of nature I've ever seen. The lustrous grass sparkling with fresh droplets of water meanwhile sunrays accessorised them with a dust of gold. Beautiful, velvett textured flowers of all colours and kinds astonishing their fragrance in each and every square metre of the garden. Amidst the beauty, there was a round wood coloured coffee table with 2 chairs sitting right opposite to eachother. Butterflies were dancing as if to the rythm of grass. The scene left me completely astonished. No doubts it was a rooftop garden. Leo had already sensed my adoration towards this gorgeous place and led me to the chairs, where he placed down our food on the coffee table. Now that I noticed there was a double seater swing right behind the wall through which the entire city could be viewed. 

Despite the coffee table I chose the swing to sit on and eat the food. Munching our burgers in silence and slurping of the shakes is what we did  for the next 10 mins in a comfortable silence while I enjoyed the view of the beautiful city. With the admiration towards the eye catching view, a millions of questions had now begun to enter my mind which I thought is now the perfect time to ask Leo about. 

"Leo, since a long time I have been wanting to ask you many questions, if you don't mind can you please answer them to get the worries out of my head?"

"Sure Emi, this is not even a thing to ask, I would do anything you ask me to without even a thought"

"Why did you kidnap me to bring me here and who would even ask me to ? I mean if you could've just told me the truth I would've easily agreed because this is a lot better than that hell hole maybe" The last part was not meant to be heard by him actually.

"Emi as I had told you earlier that was what boss had ordered me just because you are the only princess belonging to all the main ranked mafias of current existance in the world."

To say I was shocked on hearing the word mafia would be an understatement, A damn Mafia princess that too of the best ranked mafias. I didn't even know that mafias even existed in today's world. I didn't wanna cut him off between what he said so I let him continue. 

"And I am the main ranked member of the gang Taipans, only trusted men can be given jobs ike these since you hold the power, no person in the world holds ;so boss asked me to kidnap you totally unaware of the fact that you are my twin." 

"What do you mean a mafia princess and aren't our faces oblivious to prove the fact that we're twins?"

"You are the one and only born daughter amongst the top 5 mafias. Exactly to say, you are the italian mafia princess and it will never be possible for him to recognise our relationship as I had came here with a contract to never show my face to anyone because since the beginning I knew about your existance and after I joined their gang, I came to know about their plans about you. From a point you could tell that the sole reason for the formation of this gang was you."

What !!

"Why me?"

"Because if they somehow got their hands on you and let the world know, all the mafias would be assigning their powers and positions to the boss' feet and that is what he and the gang wants. You hold the power of demolishing each and every high positions of the country, one order from you and the whole mafia world would be at your hands and the gangs like these can be destroyed easily."

"But I didn't even know till now that I am a princess so what caused them to know and how are we not together since childhood since I faintly remember your eyes and even now if I look at them, I have a slight headache."

"Emi even I am unaware of the answer to this question but all I know is that we are a part of the family that loves us to death and has the mafia world turned upside down in search for both of us"

Family.....A strange word that got an existance in my dictionary because of my dream to have a family who would love me, care about me, protect me, would have been on my side to hold me while I would have taken my first steps, my first words, my first day to school. My mom, dad and my siblings if I had any would sit down for dinner together and talk to eachother about how our day was and as all siblings do, I would fight with them to have a larger piece of cake or let me have the remote of the TV ; exists. But this was all burried deep down in my heart because ever since the abuse started and I grew up to be more mature about their behaviour, I knew they weren't my real parents because no parents treat their child like this. Even their appearances were a lot different from me as they both had brown eyes and blonde hair and British accents wherein I have Emerald eyes and brownish red hairs with a slight italian accent. And now as Leo said that we are italian, that explains my accent. I didn't even realise but by now I had a rail of tears running down my eyes.

Leo wiped the tears with his thumbs and spoke "I know Emi it's really hard for you to digest the fact that you are a mafia princess and the realisation of having a family now is not easy but by the looks of you, it seems that you didn't have a good past with your family to say and don't forget that I don't notice your flinch to sudden extreme sounds and being cautious to the surroundings always for even a slight bit of potential movement or noise. If I wouldn't have been a trained memeber of the gang, I wouldn't have noticed and as a med person I could tell that these are clear signs of PTSD and also abuse. Tell me Emi if I'm wrong."

To his words, I had no answer. My Dejected silence and glossy eyes already answered to him as my words couldn't. 

"Please Emi I hope you would trust me enough someday to tell me in details and I know you are not ready but I can't see my sister who has been suffering so much, struggling all alone."

"I know Leo you care about me but as a person who didn't have anyone to talk since forever, it really is hard for me to open up to you but I will try my best to whenever I'm ready." He slightly nodded and kissed my forehead and I leaned my head on his shoulder. 

"You know, at first when I used to see other kids happily chirping in the class and enjoying thier childhood playing wherein I was forced to do the dishes, cleanup the house, prepare the food and other domestic house chores as the mere age of 8, I believed that everybody's life was all sunshine and rainbows except mine. Fighting my own demons, inside and even outside was awful and somehow it used to hurt me a lot where I would spend my whole nights crying to the moon and talking to it like it listened to me on my rooftop. The more I grew up, stronger the demons became but my thought processes and maturity concieved at that very young age were raised so high that I barely could feel the pain physically. But somehow the emotional pain was way much to bear and there would be times I would think of jumping down the rooftop at night but I feared that if I failed to die, I would have to go through worse with my broken figure so all I did till then was somehow wait to escape and you are the reason I finally did. I know even being here is as comparable as I would've been there but with you by my side."

His eyes were closed but tears rummaged through his eyes and he held onto me tighter as if I would disappear anywhere even if he held me slightly loose.

"I'm really sorry Emi you had to go through a lot and that I'm leaving you all alone for a week but if I didn't there is no possibility that I might even survive."

"No Leo there's no way I can afford to loose someone else who cares about me and loves me, you go for whatever reasons you are going and promise me you'll be back."

"They've ordered me to kill our brothers Emi. There's no way I can do that to them so I'm gonna ask to Lorenzo for help to rescue you from here"

"Brothers ?? As in more than 1? How many brothers do we have ? and it's obvious that they're the Italian mafia so the boss wants them dead but why can't you tell them the truth and let them be on our side to help us?"

"Yes Emi we have 5 more brothers and no sister.The oldest Lorenzo is the Capo. I will be asking them to rescue you but not me as I have made a plan to destroy the gang and that can be best done as their own member rather than being an enemy . You don't need to worry about me as long as they don't know my connections to you and the mafia, they won't dare to harm me. I am their best fighter and assassin to be precise."

"Woah...including you I have 6 brothers to deal with as an only sister. Not mentioning the fact that you all are somehow scary ass gang and mafia members. Can anybody's life be more complicated !!"

"No sis but all I can say is they're the best brothers you'll ever have so I don't need to worry about you whilst you're with them."

His words comforted me somehow. 

Author's Note 

Another long chapter here and boom !!

We've got some great confrontations here. Even I myself am shocked about the way I'm  writing as I have got nothing preplanned leaving out a few main plots. I let my mind and hands take over the story at the particular instant so even I would be surprised by whatever I'm writing. I know thats I kinda weird but it's me !

Hold your hearts, get your popcorns and let the fun begin;)

Word count :- 2400 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 35 4
Alessia Octavia Andino was already surrounded by love, family and money the moment she was born. Being the mafia princess with 7 older brothers meant...
2.2M 53.9K 195
Valentina Williams that is the girls name of this story, or at least she thought it was. Turns out that her whole life is a lie. Her real name was Va...
Caterina By Hoperen

General Fiction

1.1K 40 17
[This book is inspired by the many mafia books I have read] 15 years ago the Italian family lost the two bundles of joy and light in their family, th...
4.3K 51 14
16 year old Chasity Armando lived a totally different life than her peers. Having a abusive mom and stepfather, being treated as a slave, as well as...