š“š‡š„ š“š€š’š“š„ šŽš… šˆš“ |...

By SavannaWritess

"šˆ šœššš§'š­ š°ššš¢š­ š­šØ šŸš®šœš¤ š­š”ššš­ š šØššššš¦š§ ššš­š­š¢š­š®ššž š«š¢š š”š­ šØš®š­ šØšŸ š²šØš®."... More

Character Aesthetics and Author's Note
01 | bloodshed
02 | humble abode
03 | attitude
04 | some talents stick
05 | trouble is dripping
06 | tiny junk
07 | a good spanking
08 | security cameras
9 | kinky threats
10 | i saw what you did
11 | vicious business partners
12 | pure torture
13 | tease me
14 | new target
15 | protection
16 | tough girl act
17 | beg like a slut
18 | murderer
19 | first kill
20 | bruised ribs
21 | almost caught
22 | unexpected laughter
24 | cocktail sausage
25 | forced bruises
26 | on my knees
27 | don't move
28 | two gunshots
29 | don't make me go
30 | head as a trophy
31 | lukewarm heart
32 | dirty company
33 | open up to me
34 | club opening
35 | what are you doing to me?
36 | new place
37 | moving in
38 | punishment
39 | girls night out
40 | heartless punishment
41 | far from over
42 | gentle hands
43 | he knows
44 | blood
45 | radio silence
46 | miss you
47 | or she's dead
48 | unfortunate timing
49 | beg for her
50 | hostage
51 | where is she?
52 | home and safe
53 | ti amo
Epilogue One
Epilogue Two
Bonus Chapters
Gabriel's Book: Debt of Temptation

23 | be careful of him

80.7K 1.3K 565
By SavannaWritess

✧✧✧

A L E X I A D A L T O N

You know that saying–if looks could kill, I'd be ten feet under?

If looks could kill I'd have a bullet in my chest, most likely matching with Lonzo.

Gabriel flicks his eyes down to our hands. Not before I yank them backwards and dust them off on my leggings as if they somehow are poisoned from Lonzo's skin. I can't even read his expression because it is beyond any frustration or anger I've ever seen, except for those eyes that are practically shooting lasers.

"What's going on?"

Lonzo sucks in a quiet breath behind me and I swallow down my clammy mouth. It was merely seconds ago that I heard his laugh for the first time. The first fucking time. And I've never heard anything like it. It was rough and deep but at the same time, it felt full of life. Like he's been deprived of a good laugh for eternity.

He certainly doesn't seem like the person who would be caught watching a comedy movie, that's for sure.

"I heard a loud crash," I exhale slowly. "I thought someone broke in again."

Gabriel's brows dip so low that I'm ready for him to start shouting but instead he dips his gaze down to Lonzo's split knuckles. "What happened?"

I dare take a glance at Lonzo out of the corner of my eye. Panic runs through me. Lonzo stares at Gabriel and Gabriel stares right back. My chest begins to shake from the intensity of their showdown.

"I think you two need to talk," I declare loudly. Lonzo glares at me but I don't care. If he doesn't trust his underboss, then he needs to address it. Not cower away from it. And I know deep down Gabriel would never do anything to betray Lonzo–whatever has happened–Gabriel will have your back through and through. "It's obvious you've got shit to discuss and I know that it's none of my business. So I should leave."

Gabriel scoffs from across the room, folding his thick arms across his chest in an unimpressed manner. "Already looks like you're in the business, Alexia." He grumbles with intent. Especially the tone of my name. He doesn't like this. One bit. Maybe he's never heard Lonzo laugh either and he thinks I've broken him.

His gaze flicks to Lonzo who is still standing behind me. "So go on. Spit it out, Lonzo."

I can hear his loud sigh brush my ear. They spike because if anything I am interested in what's going on with them, why Lonzo feels like he can't trust my brother. Because whatever it is, it must be serious.

Lonzo clears his throat loudly and steps beside me, pressing a hand to his desk. I didn't want to stare into his threatening gaze but whatever we shared a few moments ago is long gone. Almost as if it never happened.

"Alright," he growls lowly. "You want to hear it?"

Gabriel hisses through his teeth, "Yes."

"Ray gave me information on Liam and Aaron's phones. Whoever sent those texts to them," Lonzo pauses for a second. "They've been at this house before. The IP address matches to this network. They sent the text message here."

I turn to look at my brother. He's still standing with his arms folded across his chest. No fleck of expression at all. He's completely blank faced until he releases a slow and painful laugh. Like someone has cut through his stomach and he's choking up blood whilst he chuckles.

"And you think that it could be me?"

Gabriel's voice is so lethal I barely recognise it. I should not be here. I should not fucking be here.

"I didn't say that." Lonzo's voice is steady.

"But that's what it sounds like you're accusing me of," he takes one step forward, his tone becoming sharper. Offended if anything. "I've known you for years, Lonzo. I've backed you at every given opportunity. I've gone to the ends of the earth for this empire and you think I'd stab you in the back like this?"

Lonzo's jaw tenses as he stares back at him. "I've been thinking cautiously, that's all. Anyone could be a threat. And this is my empire, remember? It's not yours. It's mine."

Gabriel curses and presses his fingers into his eyes. "Wow, Lonzo," he drags out the letters. Then when I hear him exhale a deadbeat sigh, I know he's exhausted. "This is a new low."

"You know everything, Gabriel. How can you not expect me to be weary of everyone who has ever been here?"

I listen to my brother as he laughs to himself sourly. "I can't fucking believe this. Shit."

Lonzo breathes out heavily through his nose. "I'm not accusing you of doing anything but anyone who was here at the time that message was sent, could be a threat to us."

Gabriel digs through his pocket and raises his phone. "You want to go through this and check if I'm lying?"

"Don't be stupid, you'd never use your real phone for this shit." Lonzo leans a hand onto his desk, brows pulled down tightly.

"Holy shit," Gabriel glances up at the ceiling. "I can't believe this is happening."

I glance between the pair of them. Danger and fire dancing in their eyes. If they're not careful, they will be brawling on the floor in a minute and I'll have absolutely no clue what to do.

After a few moments of silence Gabriel steps even closer. "Alright, fine. Be weary of me. But that still doesn't take away from the fact that someone is out there, someone who is messing with the empire. You think I'd want to mess with Landon when I know Alexia was staying here? I'd never be that stupid to put her in danger because I know what Landon can get like with his petty revenge."

Lonzo straightens his spine and folds his arms over his broad shoulders. For a moment he flicks his gaze to mine, seizing up what Gabriel just said. Anyone can see how protective my brother is of me, he cares, he knows that this is a dangerous life. He'd do anything for me and Lonzo knows it.

His fingers press to the piece of paper on his desk and he slides it across the wooden surface. "Here are the rest of the names. We need to infiltrate them and figure out which lying bastard has done this. I don't want them breathing by the end of the week."

Lonzo's heavy and determined voice has me shuddering. I've seen him acting lethal and unleashed but to hear his voice like that. God. I've never heard something so deadly and so sexy at the same time.

"I'll leave you guys to it," I clear my throat and leave his office without another word.

Gabriel watches me as I walk around him. He's still not happy, there is a glint in his eye that screams our conversation isn't done. But if they need to sort through their business, they'll need to do it alone.

I head downstairs and grab myself some water from the sink. Harriet is there in a flash and she smiles at me. "Hi," I say as I draw the cup away from my lips.

"Good afternoon, Miss Dalton. Could I make you something to eat?"

"Oh please," I wave my hand. "Call me Alexia. You don't need to address me as Miss. My first name is fine."

Harriet nods, her plait falling over her shoulder with force. "Okay."

"But I'm okay," I shake my head. "I can make myself something later."

My stomach churns but it's not hungry, I'm anticipating everything that's going on upstairs with Lonzo and Gabriel. I hope whatever it is, it can be resolved soon. Along with Landon, that man needs to be put in the ground.

I glance back at Harriet who is standing with her hands behind her back. "Do they treat you well here, Harriet?"

Her dark eyes dart to mine and then she flicks her gaze towards the stairs. "Erm..." she pauses. "Yes. They do."

"And you get time off to see your family and friends?"

She chews on her lip, debating if she should keep talking but sometimes when I see her, I feel sorry for her. She works day in, day out and Lonzo has ordered her not to speak unless needed.

"I don't have any family here," she speaks quietly. "But when I get time off I get to see my friends."

I hum and watch her eyes gravitate to the floor, her shoulders sinking. "How old are you?"

"Twenty eight."

"And how did you get to work for Lonzo?"

Her throat clenches. "I'd rather not speak about that. Lonzo doesn't like me talking about my personal life."

My eyebrows clench together. "Why?"

"Because I did some bad things and this is my way to repay for that."

I realise my eyes begin to widen slowly. "I see."

Harriet clears her throat, eyes darting behind me. She begins to make herself busy with something in the kitchen and I turn around to find my brother storming straight towards me. Oh God. Here comes the shit.

"What the hell was going on upstairs between the two of you?"

Knew it.

I shake my head. "Nothing. I literally heard a crash, I ran in and Lonzo was fuming. I was trying to calm him down and I saw his knuckles. I told him to clean them before they get infected, that's it."

Gabriel's eyes narrow towards me. "A few weeks ago you were at each other's throats and now you–" he pauses to think. "Do you care about him?"

My mind tells myself not to roll my eyes because that will not end well. "He was so angry and I was concerned. I was just trying to be a good person."

His loud scoff catches me off guard. "I don't like this at all."

"Look, Gabriel. We've spent a lot of time together when we were training. At first it was a bit of a struggle but since we've learnt to get along with each other, to not keep winding each other up. That's it. What else do you want me to say?"

I notice that his jaw ticks at my answer. So I lean against the counter and fold my arms over my chest, raising a brow in his direction.

"Be careful of him, Lex."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Just–" he cuts himself off to swipe his thumb across his lip, pondering his next words. "Be smart. That's all I'm going to say."

I purse my lips and nod. "Fine. I always am. Did you sort through your differences?"

Gabriel laughs to himself. "Who knows but with this information, he'll soon realise that I'm not the one he should be weary of."

"Are you not fuming at him for not having your back on this?"

"He's under a lot of stress and I have nothing to hide. Too many people have stabbed him in the back, I understand but it sucks because I've been his ride or die for years." He comments and walks closer to the kitchen counter. "So yes, I am fuming at him."

I release a slow breath. "He'd be fucked without you."

"Tell me something I don't know."

"I've got to study for a test," I say as I push off the counter. "I've barely had time to think about it."

Gabriel nods as I walk past him. "Alright. I'll give you some peace and quiet."

"See you later," I tell him before ascending the stairs and towards my mess of notes that cover my bed.

✧✧✧

Read up to chapter 53 and bonus chapters over on Patreon!

www.patreon.com/dreammcatcher
Link is also in bio!

Author's Note

Hello my loves, what did we think of this chapter??👉🏼👉🏼👉🏼

Ooooop, Gabriel is getting suspicious🫣

I can't wait to share more of the story with you guys, it's going to get thrilling!

Don't forget to vote, it truly makes my day!🌟

Love Savanna x

Insta: SavRose.x
Patreon: dreammcatcher
Tik Tok: SavannaWritess

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 2.5K 62
š“š”šØš¬šž š°šž š„šØšÆšž ššš§š š­š”šØš¬šž š°šž š„šØš¬šž, ššš«šž ššš„š°ššš²š¬ šœšØš§š§šžšœš­šžš š›š² š”šžššš«š­š¬š­š«š¢š§š š¬ š¢š§š­šØ š¢š§šŸš¢š§š¢ļæ½...
64.9K 1.8K 21
š‚šŽšŒšš‹š„š“š„šƒ āœ”ļøŽ š€ š’š“š€ššƒ š€š‹šŽšš„ šŒš€š…šˆš€ š‘šŽšŒš€šš‚š„ ā§ š‹š¢š§šš š†šØš§š³ššš„šžš³ is a poor girl who's never had much. After runni...
401K 8.2K 33
A crime boss struggles to carry out a vendetta after he falls for the spirited daughter of his enemy. ...
7.2M 178K 79
Trailer for this book is AVAILABLE NOW! If you're interested in hot, sexy, sensual, fiery and action-filled content, this book is the right place to...