Virgin taken on her maiden vo...

By Sinaidkincaid16

With his smoldering eyes caressing her, Riccardo Buchannan arrogantly promised Kimberly, she would be his be... More

SYNOPSIS:
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWEVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
THE FINAL CHAPTER

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

66.7K 1.8K 41
By Sinaidkincaid16

He tried with difficulty to focus on what he needed to say while he was transfixed, at her lips and the movement of her slender throat, as she swallowed from her glass.

'You plan on getting to the point, or do you just want to stand there gawking at me?' she hissed.

He sighed, closed his eyes then spoke ever so softly.  'Do you remember the discussion you wanted to have in the USA?'

Her eyes narrowed in surprise, she nodded.

'I'd like it to take place on the estate.'

'No! I__I'm not going back there.'

It held too painful memories for her she could not go back there.

'Kimberly it has to happen there,' he urged, looking at his wristwatch.

'No. I can't' she pleaded.

'Kimberly, let's talk about it after this meeting, you need to hear me,' he spoke urgently.

She wondered at his persistence, 'fine we'll talk after this meeting,' she agreed, 'only because the others are waiting for us outside,' she cautioned walking out with the glass in her hand, her mind preoccupied by whatever it was he wanted to discuss.

The others cast curious glances, suspicious as to what went on behind the closed door.

Was he going to agree to the divorce?
Did he want it now that he was going to be a father?

She had no idea what the content of this meeting was about as it progressed.

She stammered, caught off guard when she was called to respond.

Rick cast a lopsided grin, at her faltering. She was tempted to empty her glass of water on his face. Nobody else suspected her inner turmoil. It was good planning, that she had a response typed out, which she read from, and lucky again, reading through her own investigative analysis was she able to provide an insightful overview of how effectively their strategy worked, identifying weaknesses that needed to be addressed and future opportunities that could be beneficial.

She walked into his office for their private meeting, but stayed close to the door.

'Would you like to take a seat?' he offered, his hand on the door observing her planned exit strategy.

'No thanks,' she replied flatly.

Rick locked the door and slipped the key into his pocket.

'Why are you locking the door?' she stammered.

'I don't want you running out before I am finished,' he declared.

'Finished what?' she swallowed, dreading what she suspected.

'You look more beautiful today, than I can ever remember in all the time we've been married,' he murmured, imprisoning her between the wall and his body.

'I thought you wanted to talk,' she mumbled, her eyes shifting from his eyes to his lips.

'I do,' he spoke softly, tracing his finger on her cheek.

'Did you lure me here under false pretences Riccardo?'

'No, it is my intention to talk to you, but I can't get over how desirable you look,' he groaned, bringing his face so close to hers, his eyes holding hers mesmerized.
She knew she should escape, but her body did not even attempt to move away from him. He was not even touching her, yet every nerve in her body was awakened by his proximity. Deep down inside of her, a part of her that knew him so intimately was crying out for just a touch from him. She felt her throat become dry. She swallowed, hoping it will provide some soothing relief.

His head drew closer to her, his eyes trained on her lips. Kimberly wanted to wrap her arms around him, feel him envelop himself against her. She clenched her fists against her sides.

'Kimberly,' he groaned, 'I need to kiss you.'

Her lips parted, she could not deny she did not want it as well.

In a quick sweep he gathered her into his arms, his mouth closing over hers. She heard him groan softly, as her lips parted, in response.

His lips were gentle, but on fire, then his tongue hungrily wrapped itself around hers. He crushed her body to his.  Her arms unable to resist any longer, clung around his neck. She responded just as forcefully to him, her desire for him, matching his. He moulded his frame to hers, pinning her against the wall. She felt his endowered form, erect against her pelvis.

'Kimberly darling!' he murmured, his hands caressing her, his fingers tracing, over her body, cupping her well rounded breasts, arousing the petite nipple, and reaching her shapely buttocks, going lower his palm seductively caressed her thigh.

It had been so long. Kimberly delighted in being in his arms. She loved the feel of his muscular body against hers. Her fingers were sweeping over the nape of his neck, sliding into his hair. She wanted him. Oh she wanted him right now, as they were standing there, needed him to make wild passionate love to her, and remove all the ache and pain that had been consuming her all these days and lonely nights and months.

Stop! He's the father of somebody else's baby.

Oh God no! her heart cried out, as she shoved him away from her.

'Kimberly, what's wrong?' he groaned, fighting for control. He closed his eyes, raking his fingers through his hair.

'Kimberly?' he whispered.

'I'm not doing this Riccardo,' she murmured.

'It feels so good to hold you Kimberly, don't you want to be in my arms?' he pleaded.

'Yes I want to be in your arms. In fact I want nothing less than to be in your bed every night. It's the reason I married you!' she yelled. 'I also want to be the only woman in your life Riccardo,' she spoke quietly, 'until I am fully persuaded, that that is the case, I want nothing to do with you. Incidentally I overheard your conversation with grandma, in the hotel.'

His face went a ghastly white.

'My convictions are you and I will be divorced, before you and I will be reconciled.'

'No Kimberly!' he barked.

She shrieked back in fear.

'Oh God,' he groaned, 'I'm sorry Kimberly,' he murmured. 'I did not mean to yell at you,' he spoke softly.

'Open the door Riccardo.'

'But I need to talk to you Kimberly. I want to save my marriage. And I need you to come to the estate.'

'Why do I have to come there? You and I can speak right now, nobody's here to disturb us!'

'Because grandma is too stubborn,' he cried out, 'I need your help Kimberly,' he sobbed,' turning his back on her leaning his hands on his desk.

What the hell has Elizabeth got to do with all of this?

'Riccardo,' she laid her hand on his shoulder.

He refused to lift his head up.

'I'll come to Manchester,' she whispered.

'Thank you,' he murmured, 'I'll send the helicopter to fetch you.'

'No, I'm driving my own car,' she insisted.

She did not know how things were going to pan out, she needed her car, if there was reason for her to make a quick exit.

'Okay,' he agreed.

'I will want every question I ask, answered by you Riccardo.'

'Okay,' he agreed again.

'This has to work both ways, Riccardo.   If whatever your strategy is in getting me there to save our marriage does not work as you plan it to, then I want out, without obstruction from you.'

'Okay,' he agreed for the third time.

Gee she was on a roll here, why stop now!

'Will you sign the divorce papers now?' she asked in rather a conversational tone, a hint of a smile on her face.

His head swung up at her, 'the jury's out on that one!' he said quietly.

'I thought I'd get the "okay" again,' she quipped.

'Kimberly my life's been a living hell the last seven months,' he spoke frustratedly.

'Join the club Riccardo!'

He gazed into her eyes, taking in her appearance, studying her from head to toe.

'You've lost a lot of weight, I'm sorry for everything you've been through Kimberly.'

'You're not looking so good yourself,' she returned the compliment.

He shook his head, smiling.

Finally a smile!

'Kimberly, I haven't eaten in like twenty four hours, you want to share a meal with me?' he pleaded, 'Jacqui had something arranged before she left.'

'And then we're going to kiss and say goodbye!' she could not resist.

'Kimberly please,' he did not find the humour in her retort.

'Okay,' she agreed, 'I'll join you.'

If only just to ensure, he ate something.
He led her to the executive dining room . She observed a lavish buffet for two, awaiting them

'Please don't tell me you had every intention of me having dinner with you!' she exclaimed.

'He cast a guilty look in her direction.

'I don't believe it!' she shook her head.

'I knew that you would not be easily persuaded. I figured, I'd take a gamble.

'How could I forget, "you never play to lose!" she tossed at him.

Kimberly hardly slept a wink the entire night.

Why does Rick insist on having this meeting on the estate?
And for crying out aloud what is Elizabeth's role in all of this?

As much as she had made a commitment to herself to start eating responsibly, this morning she could not look at food. Anxiety and adrenalin were jocking for major player status in her stomach. She wished the evening was over. She was extremely nervous about making the trip into Manchester. Perhaps she should have accepted Rick's offer of the helicopter ride. She could always call and say she'd changed her mind. It's a girl's prerogative to change her mind, isn't that so?

No, she was not going to call Rick under any circumstances. She did not even attempt to try and do any work. Her brain was on another planet all together. Kimberly tidied up the apartment, rearranged her wardrobe, and nervously decided to start the dreaded trip. She locked her laptop in her safe and picking up her handbag, headed for the road.
Stopping at the petrol station, she topped up the tank, had the tyres checked and continued on her journey. She decided to take it easy, having plenty of time to get there.

She was in a reflective mood, either by some miracle Rick was going to convince her that their marriage was salvageable, or tonight he was going to sign the divorce papers she had in her handbag. She felt nausea fill her stomach. That was not a good sign. She inhaled deeply, trying to get air into her lungs, but it was as if there was a concrete barrier preventing oxygen from entering her lungs.

Oh, if only she had not met him on the ship.
If only her demanding editor had not convinced her to make that trip.
If only he was not so irresistibly gorgeous.
If only she could have said no to him, the first time he had taken her in his arms.

But who was she kidding. She had fallen head over heels in love with him. How could one deny one's heart? Stupid and foolhardy that's what she was, look where it got her!

Kimberly cautiously switched off the engine as she parked in the driveway of the estate. She deliberately did not park in the garage she used to occupy instead, she turned her vehicle around so that it faced the exit gate.
Some burden consumed her spirit, it struck her like a debilitating virus. Kimberly summoned up the courage to open her door, feeling herself losing her source of protection. She was surprised by the sudden weight, pushing against her upper leg, and almost screamed, until she heard the whining sound and a slobbery tongue licked on her wrist.

'Spanner! You've grown so huge!'

She dropped to her knees to hug the not so little Alsatian. 'Oh, you look so gorgeous,' she murmured, hugging him.

Spanner seemed to whine incessantly, licking at her face. He lifted his two grubby paws to her shoulders, his weight taking her by surprise and causing her to fall backwards.

'I'm sorry,' she whispered, 'I've missed you too,' she hugged him again.

She giggled, as his slobbery tongue licked her nose.  'I think you should allow me to get up now,' Kimberly pleaded.

'Heal Spanner!' the authoritative voice instructed from behind Kimberly.

Spanner whined one last time and obediently went to sit on his haunches next to his master, guardedly licking at his master's hand.

Rick gently tapped his palm on Spanner's head, rewarding his obedience, which earned Rick a few more licks.

Kimberly lifted herself to a sitting position and wrapped her arms around her knees, studying Rick and Spanner. They'd definitely bonded and become firm friends. Spanner had not tolerated Rick, when she lived here on the estate.
She lowered her head, feeling like the outsider, intruding where she did not belong. She looked up as Rick had a hand extended to help her up. He looked gorgeous in faded jeans and a black polo shirt. She placed her hand in his, as he effortlessly hauled her to her feet.

'Hi,' he greeted.

'Hi,' she repeated.

'Can I park your car in the garage?' he extended his hand for her keys.

'It's okay,' she shook her head slipping her keys into the pocket of her jeans.

Rick studied her for a millisecond, but his expression gave nothing away.

'Shall we go inside?' he invited, leading the way.

Kimberly nodded, following him, as a legion of butterflies was now encamped in her stomach.

Spanner enthusiastically followed his master, his head swung over his shoulder to see if Kimberly followed, she smiled, he wagged his tail, then hurriedly joined his master again.

We know who's the Boss, don't we?

She knew now why the sick feeling of dread consumed her so, when she walked into the living room and came face to face with Katie Smith, leaning against the fireplace

I think I'm going to be sick!

But Rick said he wanted to save his marriage.

Kimberly stood dead in her tracks, every brain cell was in one accord, instructing her to make a quick exit.

No, she will give Rick the opportunity to state his case, she drove all this way, she may as well give him the benefit of the doubt.

'Hello Kimberly,' Katie greeted nervously.

Kimberly slowly removed her handbag from her shoulder, and placed it on the cabinet, 'good afternoon,' Kimberly murmured, avoiding Katie's eyes as she responded.

Kimberly's eyes sought out Rick, and found his eyes trained on her studying her reaction to Katie.

'What is she doing here?' an angry voice screeched from behind Kimberly.

Oh heck am I not welcome here anymore?

'What do you think she's doing here grandma? She has every right to be here just like you do! Rick barked.

'Either she goes right now, or I'm leaving!' Elizabeth instructed.

I don't have to put up with this__

'Katie is not going anywhere until Kimberly gets the answers she wants,' Rick yelled.

Katie? I thought she meant me!

Kimberly first looked at Katie, who had her head lowered, she then glanced at Elizabeth, who now had an anxious look on her face.

'Good afternoon grandma,' Kimberly ventured.

'Kimberly good afternoon,' Elizabeth responded uncomfortably.

'Grandma are you going to sort this mess out, or do we all continue to live a life of hell?' Rick pleaded.

'I have nothing to sort out,' Elizabeth replied stubbornly, wringing her hands together.

'Grandma, do you get some sort of pleasure out of hurting people? What sort of a __?'

'Rick!' Katie shouted, 'It doesn't matter.'

What does not matter? What the hell is going on?

'Unlike you I stand up to my responsibilities grandma.   Now I'm giving you a final opportunity to end this hell we're all in,' Rick pleaded.

Well Kimberly knew now, exactly when Rick got his stubborn streak from as she observed Elizabeth obstinately refuse to budge.

'You should not have brought her here and that's the end of the story!' Elizabeth flung at Rick.

Well off course he had to bring her here. Off course he had to take responsibility for the child he and Katie were having.

Rick glared at Elizabeth.  A broken man, resigned to a fate he seemed to have no control over. His shoulders slumped.  His eyes moist, a defeated man. He waited a long moment, then looked at Kimberly.
'You may have your divorce,' he spoke quietly, 'leave the papers here, I will sign it and instruct my attorneys accordingly,' Rick hurried outside, with Spanner following him.

What just happened here? I though Rick was going to provide me with answers!

Wait. What questions was I supposed to have asked him?

Kimberly cast a glance at Elizabeth and Katie. Both had their heads lowered each seemed to be a million miles away.

So this is it? The end of my marriage! Oh God, is this the end f the road for Rick and I?

Kimberly picked up her bag and turned away, feeling just as deflated as Rick. Finally Rick had come to terms with the status of their union. He'd resigned himself to the eventuality that it was over. She still loved him with all her heart, but her marriage to Rick was over.

Didn't she know it was going to end this way?
Didn't she know exactly that when she woke up this morning?

'Kimberly wait!' Elizabeth cried out, as Kimberly reached for the door handle.

Kimberly swung around to see tears streaming down Elizabeth's face. Katie gasped, staring at Elizabeth with surprise. Elizabeth nervously smiled in Katie's direction, for the very first time.

'Katie is my daughter.'

'What!' Kimberly exclaimed, flabbergasted.

        -End Chapter Sixteen-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126 27 17
Darkness and Death was all she knew before She met Him All he knew was the bright side of life before He met Her
20.8K 1.1K 39
That stupid ghost of jealousy...
26.6K 1.3K 33
I should've just minded my business I shouldn't have looked into his eyes Now he knows it's me And he won't stop until he has me
764 126 22
If he knew, he'd never be mine.