Reign Soma

By seren_dipityyy

Reign: The fox spirit, known to be sly, cunning, and short-tempered. The one who baited the god into having t... More

Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch.7
Ch. 8
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch. 12
Ch. 14
Ch. 15
Ch. 16
Ch. 17
Ch. 18
Ch. 19
Ch. 20
Ch. 21
Notice
Ch. 22

Ch. 13

734 16 0
By seren_dipityyy

"Ahh so this is her family's bookstore," Reign said as she shut the car door. "It's small and quiet, I like it."

Hatori shut his door as well and locked the car. "I like it as well. They have good books here too."

Reign walked around the car and walked with Hatori who was waiting for her. "Do they? I should come here often then."

The two of them walked into the store and saw Mayuko sitting at the desk. She appeared to be going through an old box but once she heard the bell on the door ring she looked up and saw the two of them. She stood up instantly and smiled.

"What are you two doing here?" she asked, walking towards them.

Reign smiled. "Shigure said he has a book that needs to be picked up. Is it in yet?"

Mayuko shook her head no. "It won't be in till tomorrow."

"Well, in that case, sorry for bothering you." Hatori spoke up. "We'll be back tomorrow. Can we browse through the books?"

"Sure! And about the book, I'll send it to your house so you won't have to make the trip of coming here tomorrow!" she offered.

"No," Reign rejected. "We'll be back tomorrow to pick it up. There's no need to go through the trouble of sending it to us."

After she said that, Hatori went off to browse through the books and Reign did the same. He was on one side of the store and she was on the other. Several of the books caught Reign's eye but the description sounded similar to books she had already once read. On her side of the bookstore, she only found two books that she'd like to read and went to where Hatori was. He hadn't yet picked out one and was going through them calmly with one hand in his pocket and a soft smile on his face.

"What has you so happy?" she asked, walking towards him.

"It just has been awhile since I've been to a bookstore. Quite different from our usual routine isn't it?"

Reign chuckled softly. "You're right. You'll be busy tomorrow won't you?"

He nodded. "I'll trouble you tomorrow then."

"I guess you will."

"Have you told your parents about me coming to dinner?" he asked, looking at her as he spoke.

Reign shook her head no. "I haven't told them and planned on doing it over the phone since I won't have time to see them today. I'm sure they'll be happy all the same."

"Will they?" Hatori asked, his tone of voice full of sarcasm.

Reign smacked his arm and he chuckled. "I think you're hanging around Shigure too often. He's rubbing off."

Hatori walked past her and patted her head as he moved along in the bookstore. "Let's go check these out and tell them."

She smiled and walked alongside him as they checked the books out. Reign tapped his shoulder and motioned for him to tilt his head down.

"Go to the car. I'll deal with this here." she whispered.

He raised a brow. "Why?"

"I want to talk to Mayuko. Please go."

Hatori sighed yet listened to her anyway.

"I'll be leaving first. Nice to see you Mayuko." he said, saying his goodbyes.

"Yeah, nice to see you too Hatori." she responded, smiling somewhat fondly at him.

Reign dismissed it and waited patiently for Mayuko to bag her books so she could leave.

"How have you been?" Reign questioned. "I haven't seen you since Kana's wedding."

"I've been well. You?" she asked, bagging the books.

Reign smiled. "I've been well too. Is Kana well?"

"She enjoys her married life. I think before they have kids she wants to enjoy the two of them being together."

Reign nodded in acknowledgment. "I understand. I've been having the same thoughts myself but my situation is a bit different."

Mayuko paused. "Wait, don't tell me you're seeing someone? Really?" she asked with excitement.

"I am. I guess even I have time to date." she laughed off.

"Oh please tell me more!"

Reign grabbed the bag of books and smiled. "Tomorrow. I'll be right back tomorrow and tell you."

Mayuko nodded and had a crazed look on her face. "You have to!"

Reign smiled and bowed her head as she left. She walked out the bookstore and felt a bit lighter. She got into the car and put her seatbelt on. Reign sat the books in the backseat of the car and pulled her phone out, dialing her moms number.

"What did you guys talk about?" Hatori asked suddenly.

"Nothing much. You shouldn't worry. We are friends after all." she answered simply. "Now, let's call my parents."

Before he could say anything else, she called her mom instantly. Her mom picked up instantly and answered swiftly in Korean.

"내 딸이야, 뭐해?" (What are you doing, my daughter?)

"별 거 없어. 나는 너와 아빠에게 하토리가 저녁 식사에 동의했다고 말하려고 전화했어. 내일 밤 괜찮아요?" she asked, looking at Hatori to confirm if tomorrow night was good. (Nothing much. I called to tell you and dad that Hatori agreed to dinner. Is tomorrow night fine?)

"네! 내일 밤 괜찮아!" she replied happily. (Yes! Tomorrow night is fine!)

Reign laughed. "응. 그게 내가 부르고 싶었던 전부야. 아빠한테 사랑한다고 전해줘 그리고 너희 둘 다 몸조심해." (Okay. That's all I wanted to call for. Tell dad I love him and both of you take care of yourselves.)

"응. 사랑해 내 딸이야." (Ok. Love you my daughter.)

Her mom hung up the phone and Reign brought the phone down with a smile on her face. Hatori was curious as to what they conversed about and couldn't wait to ask Reign.

"What did they say?" he asked curiously.

She smiled and brought her hand to his face to cup his cheek. "They're excited and ready for tomorrow."

Hatori gave a soft smile and moved his head so he could kiss her palm. "I do have a question about tomorrow night."

"Please ask."

"Do you guys plan on speaking Korean? I'll be lost in conversation." he chuckled.

"Usually when we have dinner we speak a mixture of both so I'm not sure. There's no definite answer here. You may just have to suck it up and learn Korean like my dad did." she joked.

Hatori didn't like her joke and bit her palm. "I didn't like your joke so think of another carefully." he warned.

Reign had a irritated look on her face and removed her hand from his cheek. "Who still bites people in this day and age?" she mumbled to herself.

*

The next day, Reign dressed well. Once visiting the bookstore, she would be going to her parents house with Hatori to have dinner. She wore a white, ruffled, off the shoulder shirt that was tucked into a light brown high waisted pencil skirt that went to her calves. Reign wore a pair of beige heels and some jewelry that her family had gifted her before having her maid braid her hair to the left side of her head. She did light makeup and only added chapstick to her lips to not cover her natural lip color.

Reign thanked her maid and left the house, heading to the bookstore. Reign got there and took a deep breath before walking in. Mayuko was talking to her mom as she walked in and Reign greeted them both with a bow of her head.

"Hello, I'm here to pick up a book order." Reign said sweetly. "Is it in?"

Neither of them said anything and Reign froze. She wondered why they didn't answer but she saw the two of them gawking at her.

"Are you a model? You're absolutely stunning!" Mayuko's mom boasted. "Is that your natural hair color as well?"

Reign giggled. "I'm not a model but yes, this is my real hair color."

Mayuko cleared her throat loudly. "Mom, she's a friend of mine and Kana's. She also a Soma."

Mayuko's mom gasped. "No wonder! Are all of you Soma's so beautiful?"

Reign blushed and rubbed her neck. "I guess you can say that. Thank you though."

Mayuko rummaged and found the book that Shigure had ordered and ran out behind the desk, grabbed Reign's hand, and ran out of the store. Reign barely said goodbye to her mom before Mayuko pulled her out of the store. Mayuko dragged her until they were at a bridge.

Reign tried to catch her breath and speak but Mayuko held her hand out that had the book.

"Here you go. I'm sorry as well, my mom's a bit much." she said through uneven breaths.

"Not at all." Reign protested. "I like her."

Mayuko moved her hair out of her face. "If you were her daughter you'd say otherwise. Anyways," she drew out. "Tell me about your love life now. I've been waiting since you left yesterday."

Reign laughed and went to stand beside her. "Well, I am all dressed up because he's meeting my parents today."

Mayuko snapped her head towards Reign and widened her eyes. "Already? You guys have progressed that fast?"

She nodded. "But this won't be the first time he's met my parents. He's seen them countless times before."

Reign tossed the bait but Mayuko didn't catch it. When she realized she didn't get it, she continued.

"I've grown up with him and we've known each other all our lives. Do you have any idea who it might be?" she piqued.

Mayuko shook her head no. "There's many around you you've known your entire life."

"That's true." Reign agreed. "I haven't told anyone except close friends but the one I'm dating is Hatori."

Mayuko was quiet but her eyes widened in surprise. The sudden silence did frighten Reign but she felt peace when Mayuko suddenly put a hand on her shoulder and squeezed it softly.

"I'm happy, truly." she smiled. "How long?"

Reign chuckled softly. "Not that long officially but for a few months. The only people we told immediately was Shigure and Ayame but they practically figured it out themselves."

"You guys hid it well yesterday. I didn't suspect a thing. You guys acted the way you usually did." she joked.

"I think we've gotten used to each other so much that we don't have the same boundary we used to have. Even then, we barely had a boundary." Reign honestly answered.

Mayuko moved closer and gave her a side hug. "I'm proud of you both. It's been a long time. Now, go and enjoy your night."

Reign rested her head on Mayuko's. "Thank you. I'll buy you a drink the next time we meet. Hopefully you'll have romance news."

Mayuko scoffed. "Let's not be too optimistic."

*

When arrived back at the estate and arrived at her parents house, Hatori was already inside. She walked into the kitchen and saw three gifts sitting on the island and heard him, her dad, and mom conversing in the kitchen. When Reign entered, her mom was taking out the ingredients to prepare dinner while her father and Hatori stood around her and talked. She smiled at how natural it was for him to be around them and how nothing changed despite them being together.

"You three were so busy talking no one noticed that I entered." she pouted, hugging her mom from behind and wrapping her arms around her neck.

Her dad chuckled. "We were just catching up with Hatori. It's been a while since we last saw him."

She didn't budge. "That's not good enough. 난 여전히 네 딸이야!" (I'm still your daughter you know!)

Her mom patted her arm lightly and laughed softly. "Despite being upset, please speak formally to your father."

Reign hugged her mom tighter and let out a 'mn' sound to acknowledge what her mom said.

"Have you decided the menu mom?" she asked, looking at the ingredients her mom had on the counter.

Her mom pulled some garlic out and sighed. "Decide with me? It's still early so we could prepare something with a broth to it."

She thought it over before finally
saying, "Bossam, kimbap, and mandu?"

"Got it. We're having bossam, kimbap, and mandu everyone." her mom announced.

Everyone was happy except Hatori since he wasn't familiar with the dishes. He was only familiar with kimbap. Reign laughed at his confused face and let her mom go before walking over to him and laced her arm with his.

"Bossam is pork shoulder boiled in spices. When served, it's sliced thinly and we usually eat it with kimchi, lettuce wraps, or garlic. Mandu is just dumplings. We boil them in broth if we have a soup but we'll just fry them today." she informed, walking him out of the kitchen and to the garden.

Hatori let out a sound of acknowledgment. "I see. How long will it be till we eat?"

Reign smiled. "To get a deep flavor into the bossam, maybe three to four hours?"

"Then shall we prepare snacks? I can at least do that much." Hatori offered, opening the door for them to go outside.

Reign stepped outside first and waited for Hatori to follow. He stepped through and closed the door behind them.

She shook her head no. "Knowing mom, she probably won't let you since it's such a formal affair this evening. You just stay here with dad and do whatever men do when they gather together."

Hatori chuckled softly. "Ok. Also, have I told you that you look absolutely stunning today? The colors bring out your complexion well."

Reign blushed and let go of his arm, walking away to hide. Hatori noticed her sudden act of shyness and smiled. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her into him. Reign let out a shriek and he kissed her neck.

"Don't shy away from me." he cooed. "You do look great though."

She leaned her head into his chest and titled her head back, kissing his cheek. "Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself. I do miss the usual doctors coat and glasses though."

"Should I wear them tomorrow? I don't usually wear the glasses unless I'm reading something." he asked, debating seriously.

Reign laughed at his seriousness. "Don't take it too seriously. Just a minor suggestion."

Hatori held her tighter. "So you don't want me to wear them?"

"Do whatever you want." she huffed, turning around in his arms. "I am curious about something though; what were you and my parents talking about before I got here?"

"Nothing much." Hatori answered.

She sighed. "I'll take that. What's inside the bags?"

"Some gifts for them and some desserts. I brought donuts, macarons, and cake."

Reign widened her eyes. "When did you have the time?"

Hatori smiled. "You needn't worry. It was no issue at all."

"Where did you learn to flirt so well?" Reign suspiciously asked. "You've been doing a bit too well lately. Where's my stone cold Hatori?"

"I've changed for the better." he said, leaning in to kiss her.

Reign kissed him and swiped at his nose. "Well Mr. 'I've Changed For the Better', shall we go back inside?"

He kissed her once more before letting her go. "We shall."

*

After five hours of cooking and waiting patiently, all of the food was done. Reign cut the bossam and prepared everyone a bowl of rice while her mom prepared sauces, wraps, kimchi, cooked garlic, drinks, and the fried dumplings. The boys joined once Reign called and the two of them set the table with plates, chopsticks, and a spoon.

Once everything was done, all the food was placed on the table and Reign's dad took the first seat at the table and everyone else followed suit. Though everyone was waiting for him to take the first piece of food, he gestured for everyone else to eat at the same time as him and they did. The way they sat was Reign sitting beside her dad and her mom sitting beside Hatori. Reign and Hatori were across from each other and her parents were the same.

The moment everyone started eating, Reign's mom piled bossam onto his empty plate and he thanked her. Reign found it funny and made herself a wrap, putting it into her mouth. Her dad amaze himself a big wrap and put it into his mouth. Not even a second later, he gave them a thumbs up, approving of the meat.

"The flavor is nice and it doesn't taste bland. A bit spicy but that's the norm when you two are in the kitchen." he critiqued.

Reign giggled. "Thanks for the review. I do suggest that you eat it with gochujang and perhaps throw in a garlic clove. That may be better suited to your tastes."

Her mom chuckled. "She's right dear, our daughter knows how to eat after all."

"Yes, I am aware my love. Who did she learn such a skill from?" he asked jokingly.

Reign thought it over in a playful way. "I think I learned it from my father. He never let me leave the table until I finished a meal and didn't waste any food. He's also quite the hearty eater as well. Do you know him?"

"I think I married him." her mom continued. "Is he perhaps a Soma?"

"맞습니다 어머니." she smiled. (That's right mother.)

Unknowingly, Hatori suddenly joined in on the joke.

"Could he be my girlfriend's dad?" he asked with a smirk.

Reign blushed and her mom smiled widely while her dad clapped his hands.

"Ahh it's nice to see you still have that same bite as always!" Reign's dad boasted. "Glad you aren't uptight!"

Hatori chuckled softly. "I've known you both too long to suddenly change. I prefer to continue to be myself rather than put on a facade that you both know wouldn't be real."

Her mom rubbed his head affectionately and smiled. "I'm glad you know we love you as you are. Our biggest fear was you thinking you had to change since you're dating our daughter."

Hatori liked the gesture and had a slight blush on his face from her words.

"I hope I didn't worry you too much." he said softly.

Reign's dad waved his hands, dismissing what Hatori had said. "Of course not. If anything, we depend on you to take care of her, even when you guys were small kids. She's a bit, how should I put it? Stubborn?"

"No dear, headstrong." her mom corrected.

"I'd say she's very opinionated and wants things her way." Hatori chimed in.

Reign sat and watched them talk about her like she wasn't even if front of her. She let out a dry chuckle and shoved a dumpling in her mouth.

"그냥 내가 여기 없는 것처럼 나에 대해 말해."she mumbled. (Just talk about me like I'm not here then.)

"입이 꽉 찬 채로 말하지 마, 레인." her mom scolded, pointing her chopsticks at her. (Don't talk with your mouth full, Reign.)

Reign was about to say something but her dad interjected.

"Please don't have your mom call you by your Korean name. She only uses it when you argue back with her." he pleaded.

Reign heaved a sigh and lightly hit her dad. He chuckled and ruffled her hair.

"I think she got this habit from her mom." her dad joked.

Her mom interjected and it suddenly became a debate between whether or not Reign's habit of hitting came from which parent. Hatori enjoyed the show thoroughly while Reign continued to instigate further. It wasn't the best display to show your boyfriend who was having a formal dinner with your parents but he had known them all for too long to care about such trivial things as that.

Even as they continued to eat dinner, the talking never stopped nor did the laughter. Reign's mom continued to pile food on Hatori's plate and he did the same back to her. Even as they ate dessert, the laughter never ceased. It was genuinely a good night for the four of them.

Once eating commenced, Reign and her dad cleaned the kitchen while Reign's mom took Hatori somewhere in the house, probably telling him some embarrassing childhood stories that her dad hadn't told yet. She didn't have time to fret since he basically knew everything there was to know about her. She suddenly remembered her parents talking to Hatori and got curious.

"Dad?" she asked, finishing up rinsing the dishes.

"Yes, my dear?" he answered, giving her a napkin to dry her hands once she was done.

"What did you and Hatori talk about earlier?"

He smiled. "You're just now curious about that? I expected you to ask this earlier."

Reign pouted. "Can you just tell me?"

He patted her head and chuckled. "You ask him that. He'll tell you the instant you ask."

"Why do you say so?"

"Because he's your lover and will always answer honestly." he answered simply.

She widened her eyes. "Where did that come from?"

"Ask him when you two leave."

Reign couldn't say anything and only stared at him. That made her dad laugh and kiss the top of her head.

"Don't think too much. I should tell you that I'm very fond of him and always have been. Make me and your mom proud." he encouraged.

Reign smiled and hugged him, transforming the instant she did. "I'm happy."

He hugged her back tightly. "Me too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 218 12
Oneshot. Fluff. Smute Request are open B×B You can request any ship from any group.
412K 12.4K 94
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
113K 3.6K 30
She's born to be my lover. On the outside Adrien was a gentle, loving guy. Kind to his peers and patience to his fans, a perfect man to any girl but...
50K 1.7K 28
NCIS fanfiction, my first one so u have been warned !!!!