THE SUN AND THE FLAME ☀︎ AEGO...

Per wishtherebestars

⎯⎯AFTER QOREN MARTELL showed his support to the Triarchy against Prince Daemon Targaryen, King Viserys demand... Més

THE SUN AND THE FLAME
intro.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty
twenty-one.
twenty-two

sixteen.

7.4K 470 117
Per wishtherebestars

SUN AND THE FLAME

☀︎☀︎☀︎

It had been made clear that Princess Rhaenys was not consulted on her husband's decision, neither were Baela and Rhaena when they were asked to come to the Capital as Nyferia welcomed them by Lord Corlys' side. "Why are we here, Grandsire, and not by our Queen's side" Baela said a fiery tone in her speech which Nyferia was sure came from Lady Laena.

"The King named Aegon his heir before his death, you heard him Baela, it is not right to deny that when it's right in front of us" Corlys said as he looked at Rhaenys. "Daemon killed my brother, and I will not stand for that" he told his wife and she nodded, they had lost enough, perhaps this meant they would stop losing. "The Crown welcomes you, House Velaryon is a friend and ally, and my husband and I both hoped for you to join us in the Council, Princess Rhaenys" Nyferia said and Rhaenys looked confused. "Me?" she asked as she looked at the appointed Queen.

"Yes, you are a dragonrider, something I could never be, and your father was a skilled warrior as well. I come from a line of warriors, but I have never seen battle myself. It would be our honour of you could advice on the Small Council" Nyferia said and Rhaenys gave her a small smile of appreciation. "As well as help us make sure Tyland Lannister does all he can with the fleet" to which both Corlys and Rhaenys nodded before Aegon walked outside, with Aemond and Addam behind him.

"What has happened?" Nyferia asked as she saw the look on Aegon's face. "Lord Bracken, our last ally in the Riverlands has fallen" Aegon said. "I am taking Addam here to the Dragonpit. There are still some unclaimed dragons there" Aegon said and Nyferia nodded.

"You cannot do this!" Baela yelled and Nyferia understood. It was her father they were fighting, she understood why there would be pain in her voice. "Baela, we do not wish to harm anyone. Rhaenyra and your father Prince Daemon can remain on Dragonstone, rule as Lord and Lady there like House Targaryen has done before" Aegon said, and Lord Corlys nodded. "And excellent choice, my King" Corlys said. "You mean to make a branch House of them?" Rhaenys asked and Aegon nodded. "House Targaryen of King's Landing would be first in line to the Iron Throne, currently my heir is my son Aenar, and then after my children and my siblings will be House Targaryen of Dragonstone" Aegon said and Rhaenys nodded. "You mean to put your sister Helaena in line as well?" Rhaena asked, her eyes were slightly sunken, and she couldn't look Aemond in eye.

Aemond on the other hand tried to find the way to say how sorry he was for what happened, he never meant for Lucerys to die, to cause her such sorrows. "After Aenar will come Eraella and then Vaegon, but after him, yes, it will be my sister Helaena" Aegon said turning to Rhaena and she nodded. "It's a change, and a small one and I know, a hypocritical one, but that how I as King name it" Aegon said before he quickly kissed his wife and left to find the dragons.

"Come, let is go inside" Nyferia said as Aegon walked with Aemond and Addam to the Dragonpit. The Dragonpit did not hold many unclaimed dragons, the closest ones where Grey Ghost, and even Seasmoke who had returned to the Pit after ser Laenor's death.

Addam walked around, looking at all the dragons as Aemond and Aegon dressed themselves into the dark metal armour decorated with three headed dragons. Ser Criston Cole had been marching to Duskendale as Lord Darklyn had pledged for Rhaenyra and it had been time, they were taking permanent action against the traitors to set an example.

It took both Targaryen brothers by surprise when Seasmoke raised his head and turned to the new heir of Driftmark and allowing him to mount him. "Good, very well then" Aegon said casually before he mounted his own dragon, Sunfyre, as the three of them took to Duskendale.

Duskendale had declared for Rhaenyra, in spite of having King Viserys renaming his Heir while Lord Darklyn had been present. The Lord, who had been the eldest child, believed it should be the eldest child as well and declared for Rhaenyra, then there was also the factor that Prince Daemon had threatened everyone who stood against them with fire and blood, and he would love to keep his head.

When Aegon landed, he walked toward the army led by Lord Darklyn, who looked at the three large beasts that came close, they had send many ravens begging Princess—or Queen in their eyes—Rhaenyra for someone to come aid them, but Prince Jacaerys had been in the North, trying to convince Lord Stark, and Princess Rhaenyra had been grieving the loss of her son as Prince Daemon took Harrenhall with a Dragonseed named Nettles who had claimed the dragon Sheepstealer, while Ulf and Hugh had claimed Vermithor and Silverwing respectively, all part of a plan left behind by Prince Jacaerys before he left as he believed the dragons they had should have riders.

But no dragon they had could compare to the brute size of Vhagar alone.

"My Lord" Aegon said looking at the Lord of Duskendale. "You should give up the crown, boy" Lord Darklyn yelled back, from behind a line of his soldiers as Aegon stood before him with Ser Criston by his side, and Aegon laughed. "And give it to my sister? Where is she then? We have seen your ravens fly away, perhaps a few are stuck between the teeth of my dragon but most we let fly, and yet, she is not here to be found to support you, my Lord, and what ruler would let their people to fight amongst each other without guidance" Aegon said, and he could see Lord Darklyn's façade faltered a little.

"I am part of the Queen's council, they will come and when they do they will live up to your House words" Lord Gunthor said, as he had seen the coronation of Rhaenyra when Ser Erryk had brought King Viserys' crown to her on Dragonstone. Aegon nodded, in a disbelieving manner. "Then we shall wait for them" Aegon said placing one hand over the other as he leaned onto his right leg, resting his left foot on the heel as he looked around, closing an eye when he looked towards the sun.

"Have I grown blind, my good Lord Hand, or do I not see those Dragons from the Blacks" Aegon said looking around, mocking Darklyn's words further. Aemond snickered along with his brother. "I have merely one eye, my King, but I am not blind. There are none" he said before turning his gaze onto the Lord. "I could let you fall with one simple word, or you yield now" Aegon said looking at all the men. "Our dragons are hungry, my Lord, they would not mind feasting on flesh of the Crownlands." Aegon said looking at the Lord who swallowed thickly.

"King Viserys named me Heir, and I will honour the King's wish" Aegon said as Sunfyre appeared behind him, standing to his full height as men coward away leaving the Lord standing alone. "Bring him to me" Aegon commanded and ser Criston did as told as all his men had thrown down their swords, in fear of the dragons.

Lord Gunthor of House Darklyn, it was written, was quickly and smoothly defeated by King Aegon, second of his name at the fall of Duskendale. The King, who wanted to make an example out of him by showing what would happen to traitors with mercy, would swing Blackfyre and decapitate the Lord himself, naming the son the new Lord of Duskendale with the promise of siding with the true Heir and King. Duskendale had not waved into the other direction afterwards.

Ser Criston had turned to the King as the men watch the blood drip of Blackfyre, the ancestral sword of House Targaryen, as Aegon looked at the man whose life he had just taken. His face wanted to falter and cry as everything started to become surreal, until the knight spoke to him. "My Lord, we must turn to Rook's Rest, Lord Staunton has pledged for the Usurper as well" Criston said, his dislike for the Princess not hidden anymore. "ser Criston I do want to remind you that is my sister you speak off, and if it's Rook's Rest you wish to attack then so be it, let it be known traitors will be dealt with with either fire or blood" Aegon said as he turned to his brother as they walked back to their dragons.

"You are shaking, brother" Aemond noted, as Aegon's hands were indeed shaking as he put away Blackfyre, not wishing to show his people he was crying after taking a life. "I am not meant for war, Aemond, I am not meant to take another's life" Aegon said and Aemond nodded. "Who is?" Aemond asked and although it was meant rhetorical, Aegon turned to him. "Prince Daemon is" he said before mounting Sunfyre and flying over the army as they made their way to Rook's Rest, where Lord Staunton waited for them.

But he had not been alone as Prince Jacaerys and Prince Daemon with their dragons had been waiting for them. "Uncle, nephew" Aegon said landing his Dragon not daring to get off. "I will ask you kindly first—"Aegon started but it didn't seem like kindness was Prince Daemon's plan when he threw a spear towards Aegon.

His eyes landed on it, on the staff of the spear stood the sigil of his wife's House. It belonged to House Martell. "Those Dornish cunts know how to fight" Daemon said. "Such a shame I cannot say the same for your bastards" Daemon said as he looked at Aegon, who flinch. "What?" Aegon asked, his voice darkened. Hoping, praying, Prince Daemon was not speaking of what he thought he was. "Hiding your children in Dorne was smart, but what can mere men do to Dragons?" Daemon taunted and Jacaerys looked away, he had disagreed loudly that killing Aegon's children was not the revenge for Lucerys that needed to be done.

"What have you done?" Aegon snapped and Sunfyre roared at the feeling of distress from his rider. "Aegon" Aemond said loudly trying to calm the King, but he understood. And blamed himself. "Eye for an eye, and a son for a son" Daemon said before he threw something else at Aegon.

Blood-soaked blanket that was once white with a three headed dragon and a sun embroidered on it was thrown into his hands, the cursive letters of Vaegon stitched into it and the once light grey colour was now a dark brown colour from the blood. "No" Aegon said before he quickly steered Sunfyre away, but not fast enough as Prince Daemon followed on Caraxes. Aemond and Addam quickly went after the Rogue Prince, until the loud roar of Meleys joined, and Daemon smirked thinking she had come to aid him, instead Meleys attacked Caraxes, taking down the dragon with her as Vhagar's flames tried to attack Caraxes and Vermax.

Aegon lost balance of Sunfyre just as the Red Keep came into his sight, crashing to the ground as the battle continued in Rook's Rest. "Nyferia!" Aegon yelled out as everyone bowed their heads in a sombre expression as Aegon held his arm and ribs, which had been clearly broken when he fell, and a burn from Caraxes was forming on his upper left shoulder. The cries of a woman who he knew was Nyferia from a mile reached his ears as he rushed to her.

"Kepa!" the sound of children was heard, and Aegon was caught in the small arms of his children, only two of them as he looked up to see Drazenko, Aliandra's husband, hold Nyferia who was crying on the floor, holding something to her chest. "I am sorry my King" Drazenko said as he looked at Aegon.

Aegon dragged himself, and his children, towards Nyferia, taking her in his arms as he hissed in pain, tears falling down from the pain in his body but he did not care, his family needed him, and he needed to hold them tight afraid to let go.

☀︎☀︎☀︎

sorry

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

16.6K 497 9
The Dance of The Dragons ushered in an era where House Targaryen kept suffering until they were reduced to just two. But what if before the events be...
7.2K 336 34
In a world where The North stayed an independent kingdom after the Targaryen conquerors took the rest of Westeros, the Northern kingdom is in shamble...
48.6K 939 32
Aemma Velaryon, first born child of Rhaenyra Targaryen and Ser Laenor Velaryon and heir to the Iron Throne, must fight for her life and her family as...
6.8K 505 4
when the princess gave birth to her first child, the kingdom rejoiced, and when the sweet princess was followed by brothers they expected the princes...