Hard As It Is

By 180Stopthathoe

For Jahmir Jackson life ain't never been easy, dropping out of high school at seventeen, Jahmir had no choice... More

Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Characters 2
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Thank you and Hi ☺️
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
New Story Alert ‼️
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Thank you for Reading!

Chapter 9

869 45 27
By 180Stopthathoe

Amir (two weeks later)
Smack! My head is forced to the side as the sound echoes and the force of Lee's palm collides with my cheek. There's a burning sensation afterwards as I look in his direction slowly to see him on the verge of a breakdown. Tears welling his already red eyes, his hair looked as though it hadn't been combed in days.

"Lee I-

"Nah ain't no Lee shit! Just where have you been, do you not know how worried I've been!" He tells me shaken violently.  "I'm sorry," my voice is weak. No amount of sorry's would change what has happened though.

I feel arms wrap around me squeezing me tightly.  As Lee cries into my shoulder. My eyes don't look up nor do my arms reach to hug him back. I stand there comatose staring at the floor. 

"I can't put into words how sorry I am-

"Just shut up please," Lee tells me and I do just that.

"Fuck off me, where that stupid ass nigga at!" A coarse voice yells through the hallways of the trap.

I tilt my head up looking towards the door, the loud voice disturbs my thoughts.

Lee let's me go sniffling, through his shocked expression. We look at each other hearing the voice get closer as the floorboards cave.

"Nelly! Stop! Boss back there with Lee discussing something!"

"Man Fuck off me! What his pussy ass gonna do? Motherfucker couldn't even save Marcello!" I hear the all to familiar voice taunt me as it draws closer.

The door opens forcefully, and I come face to face with a scowl on the face of a brown skin man. Nelly White, Marcelo's biological son.

The scowl on his face deepens as he tries to punch me. I dodge his attack stumbling backwards.

"Son of a bitch!" He screams at me trying to lunge at me once more. as some of the guys that came out of the rooms tries to hold him back. I watch as they force Nelly onto the ground as he struggles to out of their grips.

Lee steps in between Nelly and I. "Let go of me! I'm a kill yo bitch ass," Nelly screams at me trying to pry away from the niggas that were holding him back.

I see the pain in his eyes, and I know he has every right to be upset.  "It's alright Nel, it's okay," Lee says tears escaping his eyes, as he kneels down stroking the tears that break away from the corner of Nell's eyes.

I swallow a ball of air so hard it hurts, as I choke back a sob watching the male cry in Lee's arms.

"Nelly calm down for me okay," Lee tells him rubbing his back. "Stop telling me to calm down, why you stepping in between Lee," Nelly tells him  through tears.

"I'm trying to save your life, Amir just like you isn't in the right state of mind. We don't need no more blood splatter," Lee lets Nelly know looking back towards me.

I wondered what my expression shown, to make him look between me, and my younger brother in pity.

I lock eyes with my brother, he's still crying, and I would be dammed if I didn't shed a tear.

In this moment is when the weight sinks into the pit of my soul. I can't do nothing but drop to the ground, and ball my eyes out.

"I'm sorry." I repeat it through the tears. Did I look silly to them?

"Don't blame yourself Amir. There's no way you could've none this was going to happen. Marcello's death was not your fault. He wouldn't want you to take blame for this," Lee lets me know hugging me. I cry into his arms, watching the group that held my brother down release him.

At first I suspected him to try and swing at me, but lil nigga looked as drained as me. With my arms still wrapped around Lee I motion for him to come into this hug.

The rest of the gang that's was in that lil room had sorrow filled looks on their faces, as they found comfort in each other up.

Nelly joins the hug, and I hug my lil brother tight. I can't control nor change what has already come to play, but I'll be dammed if the something like this ever happens again.

..
"So what do you plan on doing now?" Nelly questions me as soon as everything calm down. We were sitting in the living room, his feet propped up on the table. There's about thirteen guys up in here and all of their heads turn to look at me.

I hesitate for a moment making eye contact with Lee. 

"Nothing has change moving forward, it made sounds arrogant or foolish to ya'll, but loosing Marcello to Kingpin? Well this just makes me wanna step on them even more."

It was quiet for a moment, as my eyes traveled between Lee and Nelly. Lee wore an unreadable expression, but I did notice when he shook his head at me. He's disappointed I know that for a fact. Did he expect me to let it go?

That's not how the game works, he of all people should know, a head for a head.

"So even with Marcello's death? You still not hesitating to go after your own selfish desire's," Nelly questions me and I shake my head in response, denying that claim.

"I'm angry, hurt, and vengeful. I still want that power, but that's not all I'm after. I want revenge for Marcello, this isn't an excuse, this is a fact, and a promise." I lay everything on the table, watching Nelly's hardened face crumble a bit.

Lee looks up at me, his unreadable expression, quickly turns to that of pity. Though I wonder why he looked at me like that?

"Be logical," Lee tells me and in return all eyes fall onto him. His eyes narrows down as he looks down, a few strands of black hair fall into his face. He pushes them back before looking back up towards me.

"Do a little investigating before you make your decision," Lee elaborates further and I narrow my eyes.

"Lee he doesn't need to investigate anything, it's already a fact that Kingpin killed my father. There the only ones who could've," Nelly say's in my defense.

Lee looks between both of us in defeat. He shakes his head, releasing a coarse breath.

I watch him grab a bottle of water, before turning to head up the stairs. He doesn't turn back to give me a single glance. However he opens his mouth to speak once more.

"There are plenty of people that would plot your downfall, that's why I'm warning you, that you need to sit down and think for a second-

"Lee," I say his calmly yet my voice trails cold, "I've already thought hard about this, and it wasn't that hard to figure out just who was behind this."

I didn't have to elaborate further for him to understand. Though he still looks at me in disappointment, while shakes his head continuing up the stairs.

"I'm guessing that's Lee, he seems like the logical type, always trying to find a reason for everything," One of the guys says out loud, and I turn to look at him. My eyebrows furrows in confusion. He was unfamiliar to me, though I wasn't close to most people in this gang. I knew everyone's faces, maybe I had seen him before, but it's weird for me to forget a face.

We lock eyes for a split second a small smile appearing on his face. "That's Razi Romero, he's your newest member," Another member  tells me  peaking my curiosity, and I look towards him. Lurking a brow I question, "Since when?"

Razi answers for him, "Since a couple of days ago." I stare at him my eyes trailing him, his demeanor wasn't flawed. His looks piqued my interest a bit, the scar under his left eye. He had some pretty brown skin, and handsome face. Full lips, and dark brown eyes.

This nigga Razi also had dreads, which he wore in a ponytail, with a purple bandanna around his head.

When he reaches his hand out to me I don't take it. I don't trust him, and I guess he sensed it to cause he frowns,  withdrawing his hand, and letting it fall limp to his side.

"Welcome to gang," I tell him bluntly, walking past them, and exiting the house.  I pull out my new phone seeing a text from Jahmir.

My heart throbs and my mouth dries. I couldn't help but think back to that night in his car. How I wanted nothing more but to devour him, and at the same time crush him.

Pa 😶
If you read this, then you should  pull through  my house Saturday so we can continue our chat.

My lips part as I take in a breath releasing it slowly. I turn off my read notifications, hopefully he doesn't know that his message was received.

I needed a drink, but I didn't know where I'd get one from. I take a seat on the hard steps, hearing loud rap music playing in the house.

"You're just worthless! It should've been you who died that day!

My mother's words are like a recording, all of her hateful spite, never fails to make themselves know at my lowest of times.

"If only you were never born! I wouldn't have to suffer! It's all your fault that he's gone.

My thoughts play me like a violin, traveling towards the moment I meet Lee and Marcello. If it wasn't for them, then I wouldn't be here right now, they saved me. However I couldn't save Marcello. Just like I couldn't save my own mother.

In the end my Mother was right. I'm really just a cause for despair and destruction. Everywhere I go death seems to follow, taunting me, and taking away the people I care about the most.

My eyes narrows on the concrete below me. My phone rings for a split second pulling my attention towards it. I take it back out my pocket, answering it without even reading the screen.

Hello?

...

The person on the other line doesn't respond, but I can steady hear the sound of their breathing in the background.

After a few attempts, I hang up confused, stupid niggas loved to play on my phone.

Jahmir
"Soul eat your broccoli," I tell my daughter as she pouts at me, playing around with the sprouts. 

"Eat them, you're not leaving this table until half of them is gone, so you better stop playing lil girl," It wasn't as though I was trying to force her, well I kinda was but the reason was valid. Doctor said she needed more of it in her veins, I was just trying to supply.

"Daddy did Mir Mir text back?" She questions picking up one nibbling at the bush. I tap my phone, seeing no response from him. I text him earlier to see if he wanted to come over next Saturday.

It's been two weeks, since I've heard from him . I'm nothing but disappointed. I've could've sworn we left off on good terms, but this proves to me otherwise. I shake my head no in response to my daughter and in returns she sticks her bottom lip out.

"Does Mir Mir hate us?"

"I don't know, but don't be sad alright. You a big girl and big girls don't cry over something so simple," I let her know as I grab the napkin wiping her face.

My front door opens causing me to look up, turning my head in its direction.

"Whatz happening Jet?" Quez alerts me with his welcoming. "Just what the hell you doing in my house?" I question him as he welcomes himself in one of the stools at my kitchen bar.

Soul laughs as he rubs her head, while looking towards me, "I have good news and not so good news, which one you wanna hear first?"

He gives me a wide tooth smile as I respond, "Just give it to me straight up."

"Figure you say something like that," he laughs then calms himself. His smile falters as he goes on to say, "Well Lorenzo is awake. The first thing he asked about was you though, he seemed pretty normal for the most part." He tells me and a small sense of relief washes over me.

I lunch a brow, "And?" Quez looks agitated for a moment. "He doesn't want us to attack Gorilla Mob, he told me and Shaq that they're not the ones behind this."

I shake my head in confusion, "Who else could it be then? If not them then who?" I question Quez and he shrugs his shoulder. " Saw and I tried to get us to tell him what he meant, but he wouldn't tell us nothing. You know Shaq has a temper, so he might've caused a ruckus, but Slim was there to calm that goofy nigga down. However, Old nigga would tell us shit, only one wants to talk to us you." Quez lets me know as I take away Soul's broccoli dismissing her from the table.

"Go ahead upstairs and watch tv. I have to discuss business with your Uncle." She nods hoping off the stool, and I hand her the stuffed animal. She runs quickly as I call out to her telling her not to.

I sigh turning my attention back towards Quez. "Lorenzo despises the Mob's with a passion so for him to wake up from being almost killed, but his first thought isn't them is unusual to me," I let him know wrapping the broccoli with Saran Wrap, before placing it into the box.

"What them words mean, Unusual and Despise?"

I look towards him shaking my head, "Weird and another form of the word Hate."

Quez tilts his head, "Oh."

"Anyway that's not the only reason I came over here. I came over here to tell you that if Lorenzo does talk with you and tells you some stuff. Nigga you better not hesitate to let me and Shaq in on it. We boys and we never hide anything from each other, that's always the way it's been," Quez lets me know, taking an apple from my fruit bowl.

I nod my head in agreement, "Y'all know I'll never hide anything that's important from y'all, but I can't say the same about anything minor." I reassure him and he nods his, "We all have our secrets," he tells me taking a bite out of the apple.

"So where's Shaq?" I question him and he shrugs his shoulders. While talking his mouth full, "I don't know after lil nigga Slim calmed him down they left. Maybe went home together-

"Wait they went home together," I  question? Cutting  him off and he looks up at me, "I thought you knew that Slim was staying with Shaq?" I shake my head no taking a sip of my fruit punch.

"Yeah and on top of that they might be fucking," Quez lets me know as I try my best not to choke on my drink.

"Quez you gotta chill," I tell him after recovering from my coughing fit.

He laughs, "I'm just saying, I know when people fucking behind the scenes. I was right about that bitch Tyasha and that nigga."

I shake my head laughing. "Worry about you and Quita," I tell him, but in the back of my mind, I'm thinking on it.

I mean Shaq gay? It's hard to imagine, then again I didn't imagine myself being swooned by a nigga, but here I am.

"Don't worry on that Jet," Quez laughs waving his hand at me.  "Yea keep playing, she's going to make you meet your maker real soon." I let him know and he smacks his lips.

He looks in doubt for a second. "What's wrong with you?" I ask and he looks up at me, shaking his head. "Nah I'm straight," he tells me standing up.

"I'm about to go see what I can get into at the trap. You should call Lorenzo, but remember what I said alright," Quez lets me know once more grabbing his keys. The mood shift from calming to anxious instantly. I wondering what he has on sleeve that he's anxious about?

I watch as he leave's hearing the door close softly. In an instant once he's gone I pick up my phone, and quickly dial Lorenzo's number. A part of me scared at the fact my thoughts about how his shooting played out was right.

The possibility of there being another enemy lurking in the shadows trying to take us down, beleaguered me. 

It's about time I gotta a hold of you.

Lorenzo's coarse voice sounds through the phone.

I'm glad you're alright. How you feeling Zo?

I let him know walking towards my living room picking up some coloring papers on the floor.

Lorenzo coughs into the phone for a minute.

"Zo?" I call his name worrying.

"Chill on me lil nigga. I ain't dying, my vocals just scratchy."

He reassures me and the line goes silent. I try not to mention what Quez had just told me.

"Don't start war with the Mobs Jet, it wasn't them that shot me. "

He tells me calmly. I shake my head as if he were standing in front of me and could see me.

"I can't guarantee I won't unless you tell a nigga what's in yo head."

I relay to him and he sighs,

"It's a long story, and I should've told you a while back, but August put the code against me, and I couldn't."

I press my lips together waiting on him to continue.

"However their back now, and I don't know why, but we have to stop them before they snip the Mobs."

I couldn't bite my tongue any longer.

"So what you saying is, There's  some niggas out there that want both Kingpin and Gorilla Mob to fall, and you ain't think to break the code sooner? "

"Jet.. it's some things you can't possibly understand even if I were to draw it out. Shit happened that August couldn't even control, no matter how much he tried too." Lorenzo  sadden voice tries to reason with me, but to be honest I wasn't trying to hear that.

"Lorenzo you got shot my nigga, and the gang thinks that the Mobs were behind it, so what you expect me to do lie to them? Start unnecessary war with the Mobs just to cover up for August?" I let him know how I'm feeling, this shit put fear in me. And the fact that he still wasn't telling me shit aggravated me.

"Jet I'm not saying lie, but just don't let nobody know, we gotta handle this shit private. We don't  need the whole gang spiraling out of control. Sometimes as family we have to lie to each other in order to protect each other." Lorenzo lets me know and I soften a bit.

"Did the Mob's kill August?" I question him and silence is the only thing I heard from his line.

"I'm sorry Jet."

I scoff laughing a bit. The tears feels my eyes thinking back on that faithful day. The war that was started with the Mob's afterwards.

"You son of a bitch. I killed a whole bunch of people,  who had nothing to do with August death," I spit at him hatred in my voice, "Y'all asses wasn't trying to protect nobody, that nigga August and you, are a bunch of mother fucking cowards!"

"Watch yo mother fucking mouth Jet! We didn't have a choice okay! Besides it wasn't as though that nigga Donsilo ain't have that shit coming in the first place. That's your problem right there you too soft!" Lorenzo scolds me and I grit my teeth.

"Nah ain't shit wrong with me! Y'all motherfuckers just to damn cold hearted!" I tell him coldly, and I hear him scoff.

"We had to keep the feud between the two gangs going. However when Maverick and August fell- made peace that's when all hell broke loose, and Notrosis was formed." Lorenzo explains to me as I open my water bottle taking a few sips.

Made peace? What did he mean August and Maverick made peace? "They made peace then why did they hate each other so much when they were in the same room with each other?" I question, and hey let's me know, "They had to, to make the gangs think that y'all were still at war with each other. When Maverick got killed by Nosotris, that broke August, he ain't wanna live anymore, so he shot up one of Nosotris underground suits, and you know what happened after that."

"I can't just keep quiet Lorenzo, sorry but this Gang and my daughter are my family, and I can't see myself loosing them or her, better yet myself. I'm not going to fall like August. If Nosotris wants War then I'll give them what they asking for War." I let Lorenzo know proudly. My voice cold, nervousness has been thrown out, and fear no longer rests on my mind.

"Jet-

"August and Maverick had the power to go against the grain, yet they chose to remain silent, and die in order to protect, yet they fail to realize that sometimes you have to fight to save. They protected but they didn't save us, if they had then you wouldn't have gotten shot, and Gorilla Mob wouldn't be the next Target, if they already hadn't been hit."

"August was right about you. That you're too passionate, yet stubborn, and reckless. So what's your plan?" Lorenzo questions me and I smile a bit, "Let's pay Gorilla Mob a visit."

...
"Marcell?" Lee calls out the name staring at the tombstone before him. The flowers fleshly placed around the stone, as he kneels to place some more. It hurt to much to be the only one left, knowing that the two people he cared for the most were gone now. Only thing left now were memories.

"I didn't want to take up to much of your time. I know you're trying to rest, but I can't seem to persuade your son's to stop what they're doing. They are stubborn," Lee tells Marcelo tombstone sitting on the soft grass beside it.

"It seem there's a storm approaching Marcello, the clouds seem darker than usual," Lee says softly to himself.

The sound of his phone ringing interrupts the nice feel of the wind. He sighs hoping it's Amir and not someone he didn't want to talk to but upon looking at the screen his breath hitches,

"Lorenzo!" Lee exclaims standing up from the grass.

"It's been a long time," Lorenzo says to him chuckling a bit. Lee smiles sadly, "Yes it has.. what's up?" Lee asks.

"You should probably let your boss know that Jet plans to visit tomorrow. I had to tell him something's." Lorenzo tells Lee who's eyes widens.

"Okay I'll make sure to-

Bang!

Lee drops the phone looking down at the bullet in his lower stomach. He looks back seeing two figures through his clouded vision.

"Purple bandanna. Nosotris."

He falls forward into the soft grass. The tombstone in front of him as he draws his bloody hand out to write the letter N, then O, S, O, then nothing as he faints.

Lorenzo jumps up hearing the gunshot from the other side of the phone.

"Lee?!"

..
Amir

The phone rings a couple of times before someone picks up.

"Mir Mir!" I hear Soul scream my name a smile is drawn on my face unconsciously.

"Hey Soul Soul! Where-

"Girl what have I told you about answering my phone?!" I hear Jahmir's yelling at her from the background.

The loud music that was once playing ceases, as I hear footsteps through the line.

"Aww Daddy it's Mir Mir," I could hear the pout in her cute voice.

"I don't care if it was God don't answer it," Jahmir's dramatic ass tells her.

"Hello?" He says into the phone.

"I was just calling to see how you been?" I half lie, knowing he had been trying to reach out to me, but I've been ignoring him.

"I've been well, though I should be asking you, since you've been ignoring my calls and text." He didn't fail to mention it either, though I could care less if he felt some type of way or not.

"I'm sorry I've had a lot on my mind. I didn't mean to hurt you or Soul," I lie to him and I could practically hear the smile as he tells me, "Nah it's okay, just next time let a nigga know your still breathing, or I'll have to send my boys to find you," he tells me laughing and I faked laugh though I couldn't find anything funny about that.

"So are we still down for Saturday-

"Amir! It's Lee! They shot him!"

My eyes widen as I jump up, he was only gone for an hour just how did-

"Shot!? Mir What's going on?"

Jahmir
"Amir they Shot Lee!" I hear a random voice scream out! They shot Lee who's Lee?

I hear banging on my door as Soul rushes to get it.

"Uncle Zo!" She reaches up putting out grabby hands, but he kneels to pat her head looking up towards me.

His eyes full of fear.

"Nosotris shot Lee! We have to go!"

I quickly hang up the phone grabbing my daughter as we rush out the doors.

"Daddy?"

"It's okay we're just going to take a lil ride," I reassured her buckling her in tight before, running over to the passenger side.

Once I got in Lorenzo handed me a gun and I checked it making sure it had bullets in it. Though my mind wondered to Amir. The way that person had came and said the same thing as Lorenzo was it a coincidence to know someone from Gorilla Mob gang?

"Who's Lee?"  I question Lorenzo, who drives like a bat out of head trying to get towards the scene.

"Lorenzo slow down my child I ain't his car! I asked a question who's Lee?"  I repeat myself and he slows down looking towards me.

"Lee is someone that I'm close with that's in association with the Mobs. He and Marcello are the ones me and Sunny had gotten close too back in the past. However he was shot while I was on the phone with him and I manage-

"Wait Wait Marcello? Amir's Marcello and Lee are apart of the Mobs, that doesn't, then it's not a coincidence," I cut him off and he looks at me. His eyebrow cocked,  "A coincidence? What you talking about Jet?"

I look ahead as we reach a grave site ambulance running across the scene. I look back to see Soul sleeping.

I cover her up with my jacket leaving the ac on in the car and the windows cracked a bit.

We make our way over to the crime scene. There's a stretcher with an Asian man being rolled into an ambulance.

"So they already killed Marcello," My eyes widen staring at to what Lorenzo pointed at. A small grave with the letters N, O, S, O written in blood on it.

Nosotris. 

"Well if it isn't the leader of Gorilla Mob?" Lorenzo says confidently causing my eyes to advert from the grave towards the Jordan's in the darkness.

"What are you doing here?"

I stare at the the smile he wore, taking a step back.

"Your smile is still a sickening as ever." Lorenzo tells him and the smile grows even wider as he looks me dead in the eyes.

"You flatter me to much Lorenzo, it's a shame you hadn't kicked the bucket, I would've love to come spit on your grave."

Amir tells Lorenzo as I just stare at him comatose expression. Though in the inside my feelings were tarnished. He's Gorilla Mobs leader.

How was I such a fool not to see it in the beginning?

"We just came here to see if Nosotris took out one of your people yet, apparently they were able to take out two?" I finally speak pretending not to know him at all.

His eyebrows knit together and his smile daters a bit, "Nosotris is that you're excuse this time, really? What the fuck is a Nosotris?"

I grit my teeth watching the smile reappear on his face. He seem the least affected about haven't just been caught by the person he'd been deceiving.

The more I think on it the more anger builds up, just what was he planning trying to get so close to me. Even so I was more sickened with myself that I actually failed for it.

"Take it how you want it nigga, but it's the truth Nosotris shot Lorenzo and they killed one of your Marcello and shot Lee." I let him know turning on my heel. Some guys stood in my way though.

"Move out of my way," I tell them a scowl on my face. Some look scared but they don't back down. I hear a gasp before turning to my side seeing Lorenzo unconscious.

My eyes widen, "Zo."

"I never gave you permission to walk away," Amir tells me coming behind me. The guys in front of me held guns in their hands. There was no sign of the ambulance anymore, and I guess the cops had already left before we came, or maybe they were never called.

"What is it you want," I say calm and collected he wasn't going to see me as a cloud of fear. I turn back towards him, seeing his small smirk.

"Did I hurt your feelings? We're you really falling for me?" He forces my chin to up and I look him dead in the eyes.

"Get Cho hands off of me," I grit at him as he squeezes my face. He laughs, "Do you really think I'm going to let you go that easy?" His laugh is dry, eyes cold as he removes the gun from my waist pointing under my chin.

"Am I supposed to be scared now?" I taunt and his grin falters as he knocks the side of my head with the gun. The pain is there for a second only to throb after wards. Though I look up at him a small smile on my face, this bum ass nigga ain't scaring me at all.

"That shit hurt doesn't," he says pressing the gun on the temple he hit.

I show no emotion though it hurts, I just look him in the eyes as he licks his lips. Sick fuck! I turn my face slightly towards Lorenzo's car.

"Soul?" I question softly.

"Ah? Soul Soul is in the car, I know just how to get the reaction I want from you," He tells me smiling a bit, one of the guys kneel down grabbing the keys out of Lorenzo's pocket.

"Amir," I say his name coldly. Watching them grab my daughter out of the car seat. She snuggles closer to the unknown nigga neck.

"Razi bring the brat towards me," I glare at the nigga Razi trying to remember why he looked so familiar.

He hesitates for a moment staring at me before handing over my child to Amir who backs away releasing me but holding my daughter hostage.

"Amir whatever your problem is has nothing to do with Soul! Don't do this!" The fear on my voice as I'm slammed on the ground staring up at him hold my baby close. He cradles her when she stirs in her sleep.

A small smile on her face. The gun rests in his hand as he pulls back her curls with it.

"There it is that vulnerable look, it looks so good on you Pa," he tells me letting his hand fall towards the side.

"It feels great to see that even someone as cold as you can hold such an expression," he tells me putting Soul on his back.

"Wait!" I struggle as these strong as niggas push face into the ground.

"Bitch ass nigga killed Marcello," I hear one of them say. However I'm to busy screaming for Amir to give me back my daughter. My eyes widen watching him place her into a car.

I find the strength in me as I jerk my wrist out of the hands grabbing one of the guns, shooting one of the men behind me.

He falls back in pain, as I shoot another one grabbing Razi by the neck forcing him to kneel, as I kicked the back of his leg.

Amir eyes me as I place the gun on Razi's temple.

"Is that the type of game you wanna play?" He turns towards Lorenzo shooting at his left leg the drug they had injected him with had to be some form of anesthetic, because he hadn't woken up, nor felt the wound. I wince but I don't falter.

"Give me back Soul and go about your business Amir!"

I yell at him the cemetery takes my voice balancing it's echoes. His guys weren't getting up anytime soon, they were either shot in the chest or legs, but I hadn't shot any part of their body that would kill them.

I didn't want to kill Amir either.

"You want Soul Soul?" He stares at me and for a moment I saw hurt in his eyes.

"You want your family huh?!" He takes a step forward then another pointing the gun towards me.

I whack the back of Razi's neck before pointing the gun at Amir.

"I wanted my Uncle Donsilo to come home too, but somebody shot him, and that somebody was you," He tells me shocking me his smiles wavers as he tilts his head at me.

"Amir I," my gun shakes as he steps towards me, his gun resting on my temple. "Why shouldn't I want you dead! Why shouldn't I kill you than take over Kingpin? Why do you think you deserve to live?" He says softly to me his voice smooth yet broken.

"There's no excuse, but Amir just like you've lost people to me I've lost people to your gang to, and we've lost people to Nosotris." I tell him squeezing my gun tighter stepping over Razi's unconscious body.

"I can't change your mind on wanting to kill me, but can we save our beef until after we've handle Nosotris, otherwise we're just going to continue loosing people we care about." I tell him seeing him falter a bit before shaking his head.

"Who is Nosotris?" He asks and I explain everything Lorenzo told me even the part about August and Maverick the treaty that I never knew about. Their plan to die at the hand of Nosotris in order to protect their gangs. I didn't tell him about Donsilo though, cause I didn't want to sound as though I'm making excuses for what I had done.

Amir let's his gun falter, I do so too.

"Okay I'll help you, but in return after this is all over, you give me half of KingPin," He tells me, and I hesitate, before shaking my head no, "I can't give-

"Then it doesn't matter cause I plan on taking it from you," Amir tells me, "So don't go thinking we're together, in fact all that fake romantic bullshit is out the door. I never liked you nigga as you can see I'm sure of it."

I'm not gonna lie that kind of hurried but once again my face ain't let it show, "That's forever a distant memory a nigga ain't wanna be gay in the first place."

"You won't be taking shit though my nigga so don't think you are," I let him know placing my gun in my back pocket.

"Jahmir?" I turn towards him as his palm collides with the side of my neck hard.

I stumble back, "Son of a bitc-

..
Amir
I catch him in my arms as he falls. To be honest I didn't expect to be outed like this. Who knew Lee and Marcello were friends with one of the opps?

I look at the niggas on the ground.

"If y'all don't get y'all sorry asses up."

"Man can't you see that we wounded!" One of them tells me holding onto his hand that was shot. Barely just a graze from the bullet.

"Is you dead?" I ask smiling.

He tilts his head, "Nah I don't think so and think heaven angles are more prettier than you, wait nah would you even make it to heaven?"

My smile drops as I pick up Jahmir bridal style. "Man get yo punk ass up, and start carrying these bodies to the cars, and wake them niggas up too while you at it."

I look down at Sleeping beauty as I carry him. I sigh to myself, feeling overwhelmed with mixed emotions. Why hadn't I just killed him it would've have been so much better, but I hesitated so bad it shamed me to think about.

"All that big talk about killing him and I couldn't even pull the trigger." I say to myself looking ahead.

I place him in the back by his daughter. I couldn't help but trail his features. "Stupid ass pretty mother fucker." I say lowly.

I just hope that I was making the right choice, man I still wanna kill him though, so that's still in the plan.

This ain't no book so the story ain't changing with a flip of a page. At least I don't think it is.

I hop in my car looking in my review mirror before calling Slim.

"Yo?"

"Plans off Jet knows who I am already." I let him know as I hear him yawn.

"What?!" He tells me as I hear a bed creak.

"How did he find out?" He says to me and I explain everything.

"This is just getting to be to much, and who the fuck is Nosotris?" Slim exclaims and I shrug my shoulders as if he could see me, "I don't know but all I know is that we're temporarily going to be working with them to take these fools down, then afterwards I'll kill him."

Slim smacks his lips, "You still on that, listen Mir Donsilo's death may have been caused by Jahmir, but it was only caused because of August. When you're at war, you could really care less about the people you've killed. Though you lived to regret it in the end. At least that's how I feel on the topic? Maybe you should let it rest, besides you didn't kill him when you had the chance."

"Yea but I'm not letting it go."

"Whatever you need to find closure and heal, ptsd having ass," he taunts me and I frown.

"Don't make fun of PTSD that's a serious mental element, and it's not for you to use for jokes. "

Slim laughs, "Im sorry, sorry!"

Closure? I would need a lot of that, heal? That's takes a lot of time. Peace? That's far and out of reach for me.

I look back towards Jahmir who had his arms wrapped around his daughter.

"Is your Soul your Closure?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

471K 16.8K 24
*DISCLAIMER/TW I WROTE THIS DURING A TIME WHEN MY WRITING WAS NOT VERY GOOD.THERE ID A SIDE RELATIONSHIP BSETWEEN A MINOR AND AN ADULT AND I IN NO WA...
135K 6.4K 41
A Highschool basketball star has only known two things his whole life. Basketball and books. His life had been solely about those two things. It's be...
94.7K 4.8K 32
Nineteen year old Messiah and eighteen year old Justus meet not knowing how much of an impact they would have on each other lives.
51.1K 3.7K 22
Tavion an 18 year old from Columbia SC trying to find himself during his senior year with Heartbreak, Friendship, Hardships, and most importantly Love