Shudders: Retribution

By Lilas___

[Tsundere and Yandere Demons x Reader] A world where demons and humans can live amongst each other. ... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - The Awakening
Chapter 2 - The Savior
Chapter 3 - The Kill
Chapter 4 - The Trailer
Chapter 5 - The Fabric
Chapter 6 - The Geese
Chapter 7 - The Motel
Chapter 8 - The Trees
Chapter 9 - The Stable
Chapter 10 - The Stable pt. 2
Chapter 11 - The Partners
Chapter 12 - The Map
Chapter 13 - The Storm
Chapter 14 - The Skull
Chapter 15 - The Vines
Chapter 16 - The Shot
Chapter 17 - The Boy
Chapter 18 - The Beach
Chapter 19 - The Trio
Chapter 20 - The Guns
Chapter 21 - The Moment
Chapter 22 - The Stunt
Chapter 23 - The Alone
Chapter 24 - The Repeat
Chapter 25 - The Questioning
Chapter 26 - The Bittersweet
Chapter 27 - The Disturbance
Chapter 29 - The Decision
Chapter 30 - The Ambush
Chapter 31 - The Realization
Chapter 32 - The Argument
Chapter 33 - The Help
Chapter 34 - The Gap
Chapter 35 - The Training
Chapter 36 - The Robbery
Chapter 37 - The Sewers
Chapter 38 - The Appreciation
Chapter 39 - The Dream
Chapter 40 - The Peace
Chapter 41 - The Note
Chapter 42 - The Broken Heart
Chapter 43 - The Hostage
Chapter 44 - The Oblivious
Chapter 45 - The Apology
Chapter 46 - The Cut
Chapter 47 - The Train Yard
Chapter 48 - The Mother
Chapter 49 - The Love
Chapter 50 - The Address
Chapter 51 - The Release
Chapter 52 - The Despondent
Chapter 53 - The Answer
Chapter 54 - The Interrogation
Chapter 55 - The Make Up
Chapter 56 - The Covetous
Chapter 57 - The Clash
Chapter 58 - The Room
Chapter 59 - The Hold
Chapter 60 - The Traitor
Chapter 61 - The Fate
Chapter 62 - The Party
Chapter 63 - The Peril
Chapter 64 - The Puppet
Chapter 65 - The Lovers
Chapter 66 - The End
QnA
Fanart

Chapter 28 - The Confrontation

1.2K 129 156
By Lilas___

Investigating the disturbance ultimately led to nowhere. Whoever or whatever caused it must have gotten away.

It was already night by the time the patrol team got back. (Y/N) and B spent the time talking about random nonsense. Mostly B took over for both of them and rambled about what her Capturer training was like and things about the Zones that (Y/N) was curious of. It ultimately went to them comparing each other's lives as a Ground dweller and Topsider.

It did help take the demon's mind off of everything. Even the disappointment of coming back to the camp without her partner.

(Y/N) sat at a small pull-out table with B as the Capturer ate her dinner and worked on a tablet.

The demon wasn't too hungry so she rested her head against the table and watched the humans walk around camp doing their jobs. Something she's starting to enjoy doing. Human watching. Which sounds weird when putting it like that.

The little boy demon, Tuca, was with (O/N) and her husband playing games with them while they talked. Another demon who (Y/N) met named Vam had been doing her own scouting for the humans and was back to give her report. She seemed nice enough but mostly stuck to herself and the boy.

It made (Y/N) wonder if all Ground dwellers were all this friendly to demons. Apart from the whole capturing and experimenting they did... And what Yama had told her about Zone 10.

Maybe not all humans...

(Y/N) drifted her eyes over, met the green eyes of the Head Keeper in training, and immediately sat up when the woman approached the two girls. B hadn't noticed until Torres stood in front of her and slammed a rolled-up document onto the table, scaring the Capturer.

When B looked up and saw the woman, she instantly glared. "What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

"I don't appreciate being lied to." Torres huffed, her anger clear in her tone. She pointed at (Y/N) with the rolled-up document, the demon leaning away nervously. "You made me put her in as a manipulator! I could've gotten in huge trouble for that!"

"Does it look like I care?" B grumbled, going back to her meal and work.

(Y/N) watched Torres snatch the tablet away from B and throw it to the ground. Instantly the Capturer got up and got close to the woman, challenging her with balled-up fist. "You have 5 seconds to leave right now."

"Or what?" Torres mocked. "You can't hit me. I can get you fired if you did."

(Y/N) didn't know what to do. She watched helplessly as B tried to conceal her anger and stare down the soon-to-be Head Keeper while Torres was beginning to smirk, egging the girl on to do something she'll regret.

No one else has noticed the confrontation yet so (Y/N) meekly stood up. "He-Hey, maybe-"

"And you!" Torres turned away from B and was now facing the demon. "If I had the power I would override that chip and put you back into a cage faster than you can blink."

(Y/N)'s eyes widened and she backed away.

"You can't do that without reason!" B argued. "Are you trying to get fired?"

"Oh, I have a reason. And a very good one." Torres lowly responded, before giving (Y/N) a knowing look. "Don't I, Zankoku?"

"What..?!" (Y/N) gasped. She started shaking her head at the accusation. "I'm not-"

B had enough of this. She went to go shove the disrespectful woman away but was stopped in time by her father who held his daughter back. "Blythe, stop!"

"You tell her to stop!" She argued, pushing against her father's arms. "I'm tired of her shit, dad!"

B wanted to fight the woman so badly. She has had to put up with Torres ever since she showed up and she knows that the woman loves to taunt her. Loves to make the daughter of (O/N) look bad to make her mother look bad as well. And B was fed up with it.

"What's going on?" The Head Keeper herself showed up and looked from B to Torres, already knowing it wasn't good.

Torres didn't give B time to speak before she went up to the older woman. "You need to do something about that brat of yours, or I will."

"BRAT?!" B yelled. "YOU HAVE SOME NERVE-"

The Chief started pulling his daughter away and got far enough to where (Y/N) couldn't hear what he was saying to her. But it was likely a lecture he was giving her.

(Y/N) could see a look in (O/N)'s eyes as she looked back to the Head Keeper in training. "Let's all just cool down a bit and then we'll have a tal-"

"No! She is highly unprofessional and I suggest you-"

"We'll have a talk." The Head Keeper raised her voice a bit to cut Torres off. "You're both acting unprofessional but especially you. You're going to be a superior to her so getting into fights with those beneath you will not be tolerated. Do you understand?"

While the Head Keeper kept her tone stable, (Y/N) could tell her maternal side for her daughter was coming out too. This must not be the first time B and Torres got into an argument.

Torres gritted her teeth and started walking off. "Yes, ma'am."

(Y/N) watched the woman leave, glad to see her go. Her presence alone made the demon nervous, especially after that accusation.

(O/N) went over to her husband who had finished lecturing his daughter. B was still angry but looked defeated at the same time at whatever he told her. Then once her mother showed up, the girl's features softened as (O/N) had clear disappointment on her face. Also starting her own lecture to the girl.

The demon crossed her arms and turned away slightly, not wanting to eavesdrop on the family matter. But she heard the Capturer tsk and soon she was storming away, past (Y/N) to who knows where. She was fuming.

"B?" (Y/N) called as the Capturer disappeared around the vehicle wall, not stopping to answer her.

She glanced back to the parents who talked amongst themselves about the girl before she went to follow after their daughter.

It took a few minutes to find her, but (Y/N) discovered the girl behind the wholesale store away from the camp and blowing off steam by punching into old cement bags.

(Y/N) gasped as she ran to the girl before she could break her knuckles and pulled her arms away, mid-swing. "Wait! Don't do that! Please!"

B yanked her bruised knuckles away from the demon and stepped away, trying to catch her breath. "One of these days, that woman has one more time to test my patience and I'll gladly risk my job to put her in her place."

"You shouldn't let her get to you..." (Y/N) muttered, never seeing the Capturer so angry before in the short time they've known each other.

"No that bitch knows what she's doing and she will learn soon enough!" B sneered. "The day she gets replaced will be a miracle."

"And the day you get fired won't." A new voice cut in.

(Y/N) turned and saw a Capturer pulling off their helmet. He glanced at the demon but went straight to the girl who rolled her eyes at him.

"What am I supposed to do without you around?" He asked. "I can't put up with Torres by myself, BB!"

"Yea, me either!" B agreed, a small smile broke across her face as she went to hug the new person. "Thank god you're back, Tyr."

They hugged her back. "Wish I was here sooner to see you almost swing on that snake."

Tyr was pretty tall, he and B had similar features that (Y/N) wondered if they were related too. But unlike the girl, he looked... pretty strange.

Tattoos on his arms, neck, and even a small one above their eyebrow. Piercings in their nose and several in their ears, and very short buzzed hair that was dyed a very bright green color that was slowly fading to yellow.

(Y/N)'s never seen someone so... decorated?

The two Capturers pulled away and B was visibly calming down. She motioned a hand towards the demon to introduce her. "This is (Y/N). We found her getting attacked by some Elitists and to our surprise, she has some connections to them too. Luck was finally on our side."

The demon shyly waved at the new Capturer who instead of greeting her back, looked amazed at her milky (e/c) eyes.

"Woah. Can you see me?" He asked which took the demon off guard. "What-"

"Like can you-" He started moving around a bit. "See me? You're not blind?"

"Uhhh..." (Y/N) glanced to B for help who started giggling. "She's not blind, Tyr."

After getting B to finally cool off enough to return to camp without lashing out at Torres the first chance she gets, (Y/N) learned that the two Capturers were cousins which confirmed her thoughts about them being related. They seemed to bounce off of each other's energies. Both had a mutual hatred towards the Head Keeper in training but unlike B who was the more confrontational one of the two, Tyr seemed more chill and can easily ignore the woman. As his cousin told him all about the dispute, Tyr's unbothered responses were helping keep their cousin from over-imploding again.

"Mom and Dad weren't much help. They're more mad about me almost putting my hands on her than about her literally starting it!" B ranted. "They expect me to just put up with Torres instead of actually doing something about her. It makes no sense."

"It's not like they can get rid of her." Tyr pointed out. "Only Mrs. Sitari can."

"Then I'm getting a meeting with her as soon as we get back." B grumbled.

The cousins entered back into camp before (Y/N) did. She was lagging behind a bit, a little worried about possibly seeing Torres again.

If the woman thinks she is Zankoku, will the other humans believe that too?

It was all (Y/N) could think about. What if they take her chip back and actually throw her into experimentation? B and (O/N) kept reassuring her that they wouldn't but (Y/N) already felt like an outcast here...

As (Y/N) stepped around a truck, she started sensing something in front of her and looked up.

Her eyes met three black ones from a tall figure that was crouched low to meet the humans' heights. A scarf was wrapped around their mouth and shaggy black hair that fell around their dark skin. But the most horrifying part was the long spider-like legs folded against their back while two of them were stretched out to Blythe, shaking her hands as a greeting. When the demon noticed (Y/N) and caught her scent, their black eyes all widened and so did hers.

(Y/N) yelped in fright and darted behind a vehicle for safety while the other demon also dashed off in a hurry at almost light speed, leaving a dark blur behind.

'What was that?!' (Y/N) used the vehicle's windows to glance around for the demon but they were gone. Like they never were there.

The cousins looked between where (Y/N) went and where the spider demon once was. Not expecting that to happen.

"Um..." B started.

"You wanna..?" Tyr gestured to both demons and B nodded. He went to go find where the spider went while B approached the terrified girl.

"You alright..?" B asked, peeking around at the demon who kept her eyes out for the spider.

"Who was that?!" (Y/N) whimpered. The giant spider legs, that huge height, the three slanted eyes positioned in such a weird way. Where did that demon even come from?!

"My brother?" The Capturer started chuckling a bit. "Think you scared him more than he scared you."

"You have a strange choice of brothers..." (Y/N) mumbled.

———————————————————————————

Author's note:

I am so close to finishing my semester of school and then I am free from the grip of college for 4 months!😩

And I wanted to make a quick note about Tyr since I'm finally introducing the edge lord himself to the story lol. He goes by he/they pronouns just in case me switching between the two gets confusing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

168K 6K 42
[My Hero Academia x Demon Slayer!Reader] The war between Demons and Demon Slayers has passed, now the world is full of Heroes, and Villains. But, beh...
1.2M 37.8K 49
Y/n lives a hard life, she's a 15 year old girl, completely normal right? Wrong. At home she takes constant abuse, all the while working three jobs t...
1.9M 72.5K 125
The Mob Character Shouldn't Have A Yandere Harem?! 50 years ago, rifts started to open around the world. Portals to other dimensions. And with their...
14.5K 378 16
"You're from a whole other world" "A different dimension" "You open my eyes" "And I'm ready to go" "Lead me into the light" You just finished th...