The Survivor

By madeleine_baudelaire

A pair of twins will save the world just like the stars predicted... A potion and a series of books will chan... More

Preface
Golden Trio era - Slytherin
Golden Trio Era - Gryffindor
Gorlden Trio Era - Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw
Marauders Era
Prologue
Harry and Violet Potter and the Philosopher's stone
The Twins Who Lived
The Vanishing Glass
The letters from no one
The Keeper of the keys
Diagon Alley
Platform nine and three quarters
The journey to Hogwarts
The Sorting hat
The Potion Master
The Midnight Duel
Hallowe'en
Quidditch
The Mirror of Erised
Norbert the Norwegian Ridgeback
The Forbidded Forest
Through the Trapdoor
IMPORTANT!
The Man with Two Faces - Part One
The Man with Two Faces - Part Two
Break - Part 1
Break - Part 2
Harry and Violet Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
The worst birthday
Dobby's warning
The Borrow
At Flourish and Blotts
Bonus scene: Christmas with the Notts 1991

Nicolas Flamel

1.4K 62 12
By madeleine_baudelaire

Chapter 14: I already knew stones were magical
__________________________________________
❦ act I ❦

✩‧₊˚*✧・゚:* The Survivor *:・゚✧*˚ ₊ ‧ ✩

'I'm speechless.'

- Amelia

Violet spent as much of her time as she could researching about the invisibility cloak after her little brother wrote to her about it. She had fallen asleep nights in a row in the Nott's library when she finally found what she had been looking for, even if it seemed farfetched.

She rechecked the page for the tenth time, realising it was of no use since the words didn't change. 'If this is true, then everything will change.' She whispered to herself as she drank a cup of black tea.

"What?" Asked almost everyone.

"What does that mean?" Asked Amelia.

"I know you like to appear mysterious and all of that, but did your kids have to get it as well?" Complained Hannah.

*

Dumbledore had convinced Harry not to go looking for the Mirror of Erised again and for the rest of the Christmas holidays the Invisibility Cloak stayed folded at the bottom of his trunk. Harry wished he could forget what he'd seen in the Mirror as easily, but he couldn't. He started having nightmares. Over and over again he dreamed about his parents disappearing in a flash of green light while a high voice cackled with laughter.

"I will murder him in his sleep." Mumbled Remus.

'You see, Dumbledore was right, that mirror could drive you mad,' said Ron, when Harry told him about these dreams.

"Ronald Weasley!" Screeched his mother. "What in Merlin's name isn't well wired inside your head?"

Hermione, who came back the day before term started, took a different view of things. She was torn between horror at the idea of Harry being out of bed, roaming the school three nights in a row ('If Filch had caught you!') and disappointment that he hadn't at least found out who Nicolas Flamel was.

"The audacity of him, 'Mione." Gasped Ginny in mock horror.

They had almost given up hope of ever finding Flamel in a library book, even though Harry was still sure he'd read the name somewhere. Once term had started, they were back to skimming through books for ten minutes during their breaks. Harry had even less time than the other two, because Quidditch practice had started again.

Wood was working the team harder than ever. Even the endless rain that had replaced the snow couldn't dampen his spirits. The Weasleys complained that Wood was becoming a fanatic, but Harry was on Wood's side. If they won their next match, against Hufflepuff, they would overtake Slytherin in the House Championship for the first time in seven years. Quite apart from wanting to win, Harry found that he had fewer nightmares when he was tired out after training.

"The only reason you won is because Dumbledore hates us." Stated the Slytherin students who were there when the ceremony began.

"Violet partnered up with Snape to talk with him and he refused to listen." Pointed out Adrian.

"We worked the whole year for those points only for Gryffindor to win last minute." Complained Daphne.

Everyone in their house made sure to complete every assignment in time, work for as many extra points as possible and even offered tutoring sessions to receive more house points and win the cup. Yet Dumbledore gave away points like they were candy and not something to be taken seriously when it came to Gryffindor.

Professor McGonagall was happy for a very short moment when Gryffindor won, but couldn't look Snape in the eye after it. She wanted to win fairly and they both knew that Slytherin deserved it. The house points were given with the intention of making Slytherin fail. She gave him the cup a week after school ended, not being able to look at it without feeling like she stole it.

Then, during one particularly wet and muddy practice session, Wood gave the team a bit of bad news. He'd just got very angry with the Weasleys, who kept dive-bombing each other and pretending to fall off their brooms.

'Will you stop messing around!' he yelled. 'That's exactly the sort of thing that'll lose us the match! Snape's refereeing this time, and he'll be looking for any excuse to knock points off Gryffindor!'

George Weasley really did fall off his broom at these words. 'Snape's refereeing?' he spluttered through a mouthful of mud. 'When's he ever refereed a Quidditch match? He's not going to be fair if we might overtake Slytherin.'

"Meh. I've seen worse refereeing." Commented Dean. He honestly expected worse of Snape at the game.

The rest of the team landed next to George to complain, too.

'It's not my fault,' said Wood. 'We've just got to make sure we play a clean game, so Snape hasn't got an excuse to pick on us.'

Which was all very well, thought Harry, but he had another reason for not wanting Snape near him while he was playing Quidditch ...

The rest of the team hung back to talk to each other as usual at the end of practice, but Harry headed straight back to the Gryffindor common room, where he found Ron and Hermione playing chess. Chess was the only thing Hermione ever lost at, something Harry and Ron thought was very good for her.

"It did humble me. My ego needed it." Nodded Hermione.

"Yeah, but I boost it up whenever I see you in your favourite purple dress." Teased Violet and Hermione tried to reach to slap her arm.

"Mrs. Weasley will have a heart attack even if the letters said that I would marry Ron." She said and ended up laughing by the end of the sentence. "Do you think we argue a lot? Do you think we are happy in the future?"

"I think you are like Tom and Jerry." Violet replied, not wanting to give a straight answer. She never thought they could be a couple. They had too many differences to work well and be happy, but who was she to judge.

The spirit sitting next to her nodded in agreement even if nobody could see them.

'Don't talk to me for a moment,' said Ron when Harry sat down next to him. 'I need to concen–' He caught sight of Harry's face. 'What's the matter with you? You look terrible.'

Speaking quietly so that no one else would hear, Harry told the other two about Snape's sudden, sinister desire to be a Quidditch referee.

'Don't play,' said Hermione at once.

'Say you're ill,' said Ron.

'Pretend to break your leg,' Hermione suggested.

'Really break your leg,' said Ron.

"I'm speechless." Said Amelia as she shook her head. These children would be the reason she'd survive off headache potions until the end of the books.

'I can't,' said Harry. 'There isn't a reserve Seeker. If I back out, Gryffindor can't play at all.' He opened his last chocolate frog from Hermione and looked at the Famous Wizard card. 'Dumbledore again,' he said. 'He was the first one I ever –' He gasped. He stared at the back of the card. Then he looked up at Ron and Hermione. 'I've found him!' he whispered. 'I've found Flamel! I told you I'd read the name somewhere before, I read it on the train coming here – listen to this: "Professor Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the dark wizard Grindelwald in 1945, for the discovery of the twelve uses of dragon's blood and his work on alchemy with his partner, Nicolas Flamel"!'

"The chocolate card?" Asked a lot of people.

"I know my cards inside out. I already called it." Shrugged Remus, not surprised. He was two cards away from having the biggest collection in the world.

Since their fourth year, James and Sirius made sure to ask Honeydukes to supply Remus with enough chocolate to feed an elephant every month. The orders were supposed to stop only if one of them asked for it, otherwise they could keep going.

Violet got a good laugh when she first saw the bank statements and noticed monthly Honeydukes orders of chocolate.

Hermione jumped to her feet. She hadn't looked so excited since they'd got back the marks for their very first piece of homework.

'Stay there!' she said, and she sprinted up the stairs to the girls' dormitories. Harry and Ron barely had time to exchange mystified looks before she was dashing back, an enormous old book in her arms. 'I never thought to look in here!' she whispered excitedly. 'I got this out of the library weeks ago for a bit of light reading.'

"I read it too." Smiled Daphne.

"Merlin help us from the bookworms." Teased Blaise and the girls glared at him. "Sorry. I stand corrected. I am very sorry." He said as he waived a white scarf he summoned from Pansy's room.

'Light?' said Ron, but Hermione told him to be quiet until she'd looked something up, and started flicking frantically through the pages, muttering to herself.

At last she found what she was looking for. 'I knew it! I knew it!'

'Are we allowed to speak yet?' said Ron grumpily.

Hermione ignored him. 'Nicolas Flamel,' she whispered dramatically, 'is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone!'

"The what?" Asked a lot of people.

This didn't have quite the effect she'd expected. 'The what?' said Harry and Ron.

'Oh, honestly, don't you two read? Look – read that, there.' She pushed the book towards them, and Harry and Ron read:

The ancient study of alchemy is concerned with making the Philosopher's Stone, a legendary substance with astonishing powers. The Stone will transform any metal into pure gold. It also produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal. There have been many reports of the Philosopher's Stone over the centuries, but the only Stone currently in existence belongs to Mr Nicolas Flamel, the noted alchemist and opera-lover. Mr Flamel, who celebrated his six hundred and sixty-fifth birthday last year, enjoys a quiet life in Devon with his wife, Perenelle (six hundred and fifty- eight).

"Why? Why would you have such thing in a school?" Sighed Amelia.

'See?' said Hermione, when Harry and Ron had finished. 'The dog must be guarding Flamel's Philosopher's Stone! I bet he asked Dumbledore to keep it safe for him, because they're friends and he knew someone was after it. That's why he wanted the Stone moved out of Gringotts!'

'A stone that makes gold and stops you ever dying!' said Harry. 'No wonder Snape's after it! Anyone would want it.'

"What did Snape do besides holding grudges, being a racist and bullying children? Nothing." Said Violet what seemed to be both an insult and a compliment, maybe.

'And no wonder we couldn't find Flamel in that Study of Recent Developments in Wizardry,' said Ron. 'He's not exactly recent if he's six hundred and sixty-five, is he?'

Next morning in Defence Against the Dark Arts, while copying down different ways of treating werewolf bites, Harry and Ron were still discussing what they'd do with a Philosopher's Stone if they had one. It wasn't until Ron said he'd buy his own Quidditch team that Harry remembered about Snape and the coming match.

'I'm going to play,' he told Ron and Hermione. 'If I don't, all the Slytherins will think I'm just too scared to face Snape. I'll show them ... it'll really wipe the smiles off their faces if we win.'

'Just as long as we're not wiping you off the pitch,' said Hermione.

"That's a good one. I love you!" Yelled a sixth year purple haired girl from Ravenclaw.

"Sorry about that! She's a little high!" Yelled one of the girl's friends.

"She would've made a cute Ravenclaw." Whisper-yelled the purple haired girl before her friends covered her mouth to keep her from talking. They didn't want her to spill any personal secrets of hers or of theirs to the entire school.

"Is that Ophelia yelling?" Asked Hermione as she recognised the voice as belonging to the only other girl from her study group.

"I guess so." Nodded Violet and tried to think whether or not she was wrong to believe Hermione was only into boys. If she was interested in both, she had to change her matchmaking objective. She could see her and Ophelia falling in love and having a fantastic life if Hermione was into girls as well.

They had that click if you paid attention to them. Each of them loved to hear the other talk and explain something they just learned about, they understood easily if it was the time for solutions or just comfort, they shared books and ideas and stories and fun facts, they knew what the other needed and offered it without having to be asked, they had a secret spot to meet when it all became too hard, they never had any secrets and they were feeling more free when they were together than with anyone.

*

Violet came back with her friends, all of them keeping quiet about how their holidays went. Half of them had a good time, but kept quiet to not seem like they were bragging and the other half couldn't wait to forget what a disaster everything was.

'This is complete nonsense, keeping quiet. We're friends for Merlin's sake! I'd like to believe it isn't such a nightmare to open up a little about the bloody hell happened for the two weeks we were off to create such a tense aura.' Said Theo, getting tired of the mood of the compartment.

Daphne closed her book and glared at him. 'Easy for you to say.' She snapped at him. 'I've heard the other Nott's went to Italy this year and didn't come to your place.' She said and gave him a look as Draco and Pansy gave him icy glares.

"The nerve and entitlement!" Complained Fleur.

"That's-" Tried Mr and Mrs Nott to find the right words, but couldn't. They were so surprised to see this side of the kids. They never saw them this malicious.

'So that's why we're doing chit-chat? Grandma and grandpa were away, so now we expect everyone to be cheery?' Asked Draco, tone hard.

Violet paused for a moment the game of chess she was playing with Blaise. She turned her head to the rest of the compartment and gave them all a look. 'Just because you weren't happy doesn't give you the right to make anyone feel guilty about wanting to help you.' She pointed out and stared pointedly at each of them. 'That's all there was, him trying to help your stubborn arses. He wrote to all of you  and you didn't bother to write back, so don't make this into something it isn't just to give yourself an excuse to let out the anger and resentment these holidays caused you.'

"The voice of reason." Said Mrs Zabini, Mrs Nott and Narcissa.

They were silent. They couldn't deny it because that was exactly what they were doing. They all received the letters from Theo and Violet. They didn't reply to them only because they weren't allowed to. They enjoyed reading them, it brought them a faint illusion of family, one in which people actually cared for one another. The bad part, being reminded of their actual families.

"That's okay. We've got each other." Said everyone in the Slytherin group. "Dum spiro, spero."

Their friends from other houses wanted to give assurances as well, but realised this was about more than just family, especially now that Voldemort was back. They wanted to help, but had no idea how.

'Sorry, Theo. Sorry, Violet.' Said the three of them. They noticed she hadn't mentioned her own letters, but they didn't want her to think they didn't realise it must've hurt her to be ignored by them.

"I appreciated it." Smiled Violet.

Violet nodded and returned to her chess game while listening to the three of them talk about what happened during the holidays, wishing she had the power to take them away from all the hurt and hold them until they felt whole again.

"We would've let you, you know?" Said Pansy with a sad smile. "If you had a way to take us all away, we would've let you without a second thought."

Violet felt her eyes glisten,  but she still nodded her head and smiled at her family that never had to accept and love her, but still did. She would save them, even if it was the last thing she did.

*

Harry knew, when they wished him good luck outside the changing rooms next afternoon, that Ron and Hermione were wondering whether they'd ever see him alive again. This wasn't what you'd call comforting. Harry hardly heard a word of Wood's pep talk as he pulled on his Quidditch robes and picked up his Nimbus Two Thousand.

Ron and Hermione, meanwhile, had found a place in the stands next to Neville, who couldn't understand why they looked so grim and worried, or why they had both brought their wands to the match. Little did Harry know that Ron and Hermione had been secretly practising the Leg-Locker Curse. They were ready to use it in case Snape tried to hurt Harry again.

"We love dedicated friends." Tried Ginny to lighten up the mood.

'Now, don't forget, it's Locomotor Mortis,' Hermione muttered as Ron slipped his wand up his sleeve.

'I know,' Ron snapped. 'Don't nag.'

Back in the changing room, Wood had taken Harry aside. 'Don't want to pressure you, Potter, but if we ever need an early capture of the Snitch it's now. Finish the game before Snape can favour Hufflepuff too much.'

"You've got to do that in order to not make us lose and we're all counting on you, but no pressure." Said Neville.

'The whole school's out there!' said Fred Weasley, peering out of the door. 'Even – blimey – Dumbledore's come to watch!'

"You suck at not putting pressure on people." Muttered Tonks.

Harry's heart did a somersault. 'Dumbledore?' he said, dashing to the door to make sure. Fred was right. There was no mistaking that silver beard.

Harry could have laughed out loud with relief. He was safe. There was simply no way that Snape would dare to try and hurt him if Dumbledore was watching.

'I've never seen Snape look so mean,' he told Hermione. 'Look – they're off. Ouch!'

Someone had poked Ron in the back of the head. It was Malfoy. 'Oh, sorry, Weasley, didn't see you there.' Malfoy grinned broadly at Crabbe and Goyle.

"I hate you." Narcissa said to her husband.

'Wonder how long Potter's going to stay on his broom this time? Anyone want a bet?' Asked Crabbe and smiled at Ron.

Ron didn't answer; Snape had just awarded Hufflepuff a penalty because George Weasley had hit a Bludger at him. Hermione, who had all her fingers crossed in her lap, was squinting fixedly at Harry, who was circling the game like a hawk, looking for the Snitch.

"Isn't that like the point of the game?" Asked a second year Gryffindor.

"It's the point of the Beaters, not the game, but you got the spirit." Smiled at him George.

'You know how I think they choose people for the Gryffindor team?' said Malfoy loudly a few minutes later.

'It's people they feel sorry for. Potter has no parents, Weasleys are poor and Neville has no brains.' Answered Goyle before he could continue.

Neville went bright red but turned in his seat to face them. 'I'm worth twelve of you, Goyle,' he told them.

"That's the spirit, Nev." Violet hugged him. She had worked with Neville over the years on his confidence.

Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle howled with laughter, but Ron, still not daring to take his eyes from the game, said, 'You tell him, Neville.'

'Longbottom, if brains were gold you'd be poorer than Weasley, and that's saying something.' Commented Malfoy after the boys kept giving him questioning looks when he didn't say anything in return. 

"I never thought I'd end up pitying Malfoy and yet here we are." Sighed Seamus.

'I'd watch my mouth when talking badly about my friends and brother, boys.' Spoke a voice from next to where the Slytherins were seating. All three of the boys paled. 'I've been practicing some curses I've read about and I, unfortunately, have no practice dummies to see how effective they are. I'll let you become them next time. Don't mistake my kindness for fondness.' She warned and moved to sit next to Neville and Theo followed her so they could sit together.

"I love you." Said Ginny and Violet winked at her.

"Love you too, my gummy bear."

'Ron! Violet!' said Hermione suddenly. 'Harry –!'

'What? Where?' Asked both of them and looked for him.

Harry had suddenly gone into a spectacular dive, which drew gasps and cheers from the crowd. Hermione stood up, her crossed fingers in her mouth, as Harry streaked towards the ground like a bullet.

'You're in luck, Weasley, Potter's obviously spotted some money on the ground!' said Malfoy.

Ron snapped. Before Malfoy knew what was happening, Ron was on top of him, wrestling him to the ground. Neville hesitated, then clambered over the back of his seat to help.

"I wasn't sure whether people stared at you or the game more." Noted Theo.

'Locomotor Mortis,' Sighed Violet after she let the boys give a few punches. Her friend needed to understand that some lines couldn't be crossed. He didn't reach them yet, but the decline was fast and she was worried about what would follow over the years if someone wasn't there to keep him in check. 'That's enough testosteron for one day. Each of you has to blink twice to show me they're sorry and then I'll undo the curse.' She said and watched four of them stubbornly keep their eyes from blinking. Neville blinked and gave her a small smile. She waited for the others to give up and undid the curse and gave them a look. 'I want to hear the three of you say sorry,' Violet told the Slytherin group and saw their eyes widen. 'I don't have all day.'

"You can kill me and I'll say thank you!" Yelled a boy from Gryffindor.

"How the hell can you be sober and say this?" Asked his girlfriend.

"She could prove to be the devil and I will bet all my money that more than half of this Hall would still go to her and beg her to even look at them. They pretend to hate her, but they love, admire and fear her." Said the boy.

'Sorry.' Apologised the three of them, only one actually looking sorry.

Neville could tell there was something he was missing. He might've not been the smartest in his year, but he was pretty observant. 'What's the deal with Malfoy? He's the only one who didn't seem like a complete arse.' He whispered to her, knowing that for a chance to get any answers he couldn't be loud.

'It's personal, Nev. The only thing I'll say is don't believe him when he's with the two of them. Never take it to heart when he insults you while Crabbe and Goyle are with him.' She whispered back and he could see the conflict in her eyes.

"Thank you." Whispered Draco to her.

He promised to himself to listen to her and pretend he didn't hear Malfoy while he was with Crabbe and Goyle. He didn't have a full view of what was happening, but he wasn't going to ask more questions. Violet's look when she cursed him combined with the way he seemed the only one remorseful made it clear that there must be some sort of pressure on him. He couldn't believe that he was thinking it, but he was actually feeling sorry for Malfoy. He didn't want to know what would make him act like that when he looked like he didn't really want to insult or hurt anyone.

"You are a shame to all fathers out there loving and fighting for their children." Stated Mr Nott.

Up in the air, Snape turned on his broomstick just in time to see something scarlet shoot past him, missing him by inches – next second, Harry had pulled out of the dive, his arm raised in triumph, the Snitch clasped in his hand. The stands erupted; it had to be a record, no one could ever remember the Snitch being caught so quickly.

Harry jumped off his broom, a foot from the ground. He couldn't believe it. He'd done it – the game was over; it had barely lasted five minutes. As Gryffindors came spilling on to the pitch, he saw Snape land nearby, white-faced and tight-lipped.

"Good job, Harry." Said Remus. He might not agree with his behaviour, but he still held on to hope that it will get better with time.

*

Harry left the changing room alone some time later, to take his Nimbus Two Thousand back to the broomshed. He couldn't ever remember feeling happier. He'd really done something to be proud of now – no one could say he was just a famous name any more. The evening air had never smelled so sweet. He walked over the damp grass, reliving the last hour in his head, which was a happy blur: Gryffindors running to lift him on to their shoulders; Ron and Hermione in the distance, jumping up and down, Ron cheering through a heavy nosebleed.

'I'm so proud of you, little brother. You did really good out there.' Said a voice from the stands and Harry was scared for a second before recognising the voice. 'Though, I do believe that my housemates will hang me for betrayal tonight.'

"They tried, but didn't succeed." Informed Violet. Most looked baffled by the information and looked weirdly at every older Slytherin student. "Leonard stopped them. I do my best to remind him of the moment each time he complains about me."

'Why would they do that?'

'Well, I might've been cheering for what they believe is the wrong team.' She gave him a smirk, showing off her red eyeliner and the Gryffindor scarf. 'But who cares about them?' She shrugged and hugged her brother close. 'You did really good up there, Harry. I am really proud.' She smiled widely and Harry finally returned the hug. 'Mind if I walk with you?' She asked after they let go.

Harry shook his head and they went together for the shed. They stopped once they reached it and leaned against the wooden door and looked up at Hogwarts, with its windows glowing red in the setting sun.

A hooded figure came swiftly down the front steps of the castle. Clearly not wanting to be seen, it walked as fast as possible towards the Forbidden Forest. Harry's victory faded from their minds as they watched.

"The mystery continues." Narrated Fred.

"It's Snape." Called Bill. 

Harry could tell who the figure was after the walk. Snape, sneaking into the Forest while everyone else was at dinner – what was going on?

"Like I said." Said Bill.

Harry jumped back on his Nimbus Two Thousand with his sister behind him and took off. Gliding silently over the castle they saw Snape enter the Forest at a run. He followed.

"At least this time you took your sister." Mumbled Adrian. He didn't like hearing or seeing that any of his friends were mistreated. They were his family.

The trees were so thick they couldn't see where Snape had gone. They flew in circles, lower and lower, brushing the top branches of trees until they heard voices. He glided towards them and landed noiselessly in a towering beech tree.

They climbed carefully along one of the branches, holding tight to his broomstick, trying to see through the leaves. Below, in a shadowy clearing, stood Snape, but he wasn't alone. Quirrell was there, too.

'... d-don't know why you wanted t-t-to meet here of all p-places, Severus ...'

"To kill you and then leave your body there." Answered Hannah. "True crime fan." She explained with a faint blush. 

'Oh, I thought we'd keep this private,' said Snape, his voice icy. 'Students aren't supposed to know about the Philosopher's Stone, after all.'

Harry leant forward. Quirrell was mumbling something. Snape interrupted him.

'Have you found out how to get past that beast of Hagrid's yet?'

'B-b-but Severus, I –'

'You don't want me as your enemy, Quirrell,' said Snape, taking a step towards him.

"Taken out of context it sounds incriminating, but it's not." Assured Violet.

'I-I don-t know what you –'

'You know perfectly well what I mean.'

An owl hooted loudly and Harry nearly fell out of the tree. Violet helped him steady himself in time to hear Snape say, '– your little bit of hocus pocus. I'm waiting.'

'B-but I d-d-don't –'

'Very well,' Snape cut in. 'We'll have another little chat soon, when you've had time to think things over and decided where your loyalties lie.'

"Not with us." Announced Theo. "In case you were wondering."

He threw his cloak over his head and strode out of the clearing. It was almost dark now, but they could see Quirrell, standing quite still as though he was petrified.

*

'They will go after the stone, Theo,' Violet said to him worriedly.

The two of them were in her dorm sitting cross-legged on the floor. Each Slytherin had their own bedroom and private bathroom, so they didn't have to worry about someone coming in.

Every student from other houses was jealous. They had to share a bedroom and bathroom with three other people, sometimes four.

"The founders built the castle like this. You've got a problem, take it up to Rowena, Godric or Helga." Said Violet when she heard protests from all around the Hall.

Theo looked a little pale. When he agreed to help Violet with some research he hadn't expected to find out that Voldemort was still alive and that he was trying to come back with the help of a stone.

'And what should we do? We are eleven, not superheroes.' He wanted to do something, he really did, because if he came back then not one of his friends or his parents would be safe.

She looked at him sadly. 'We don't have a choice. We'll go and do our best, next week after everyone's asleep.' She said and they started to form a plan to steal the stone before anyone got the chance of taking it.

"That's so much responsibility for a child to bear." Said Alice and hugged Violet who was still not used to physical contact from most people, so it took her longer to respond.

She would do it all. For her brother, for her friends, for her parents' memory, she'd do her best to keep Voldemort dead, because the thought of him coming back made her nauseous of what it would mean to the world as they know it. 

"I tried so hard to prevent it." She whispered to Theo.

"I know, Letty." He told her as he hugged her and played with her hair.

"It's not fair that we had to do this." She whispered again.

"The world's not fair." He stated and Violet laughed.

"You're right." She said and ended up tangled with him.

"Who wants to read?" Asked Dumbledore.

"I want to." Said Charlie as he opened the book to the next chapter. "Norbert the Norwegian Ridgeback or Dragons are my soulmates... the end"

***

I honestly think some of my ideas might not be possible in the HP universe, but if death is walking around hunting a man who escaped him and Dumbledore got away with all that he did, then sure I can make an eleven year old steal the stone and make a replica of it.

Fun Fact (since I don't know if I have a way to mention this or not, but I do want it to be known): Violet doesn't own any silver items besides the family heirlooms she inherited which are held in a secured vault at the moment of the reading. She researched about werewolves and discovered that silver hurts them so she gave what she already owned and could live without to Luna and never bought any again.

How do you feel about Hermione and Ophelia? I didn't plan to bring a new character into the mix of the pairings, but it just kind of happened.

Do you want the next generation to appear as well?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 40.8K 93
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
487K 11.4K 70
||ONGOING|| 1976, the year that changed the Maurders and so life. What will happen when a note suddenly appears in the great hall claiming it's from...
44K 919 68
The loyal, stubborn, kindhearted Lucy Potter had always been an odd girl to the rest of the world. Living with her awful relatives in a world of bori...
84.4K 3K 33
"Nothing was ever given to me. I've had to fight my way to survive. I was thrown to the wolves, yet I came back leading the pack. I'm as smart as the...