Never gonna get it [ON HOLD]

By potterhead300imweird

Irene Blair is a relatively popular girl with a weird best friend, a slight obsession with Harry Potter and C... More

A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2

Chapter 3

19 0 0
By potterhead300imweird

A/N Hi. So I know it's been a loooooooooooong time since my last update, but I'm back.I have good reasons for the lack of updates tho. Number one, I had my end of term exams. Number two, I went to camp for a week. Number three, I had no motivation to write, whatsoever. Finally, number four, I've been busy reading other fanfics.

Adelaide's POV

Ms. Gina told Irene to lead the stretch, and told Mathew to lead the warm-up. Irene walked to the middle of the circle while she gave me the biggest glare I had ever seen. If looks could kill, I would've died as soon as Ms Gina had assigned our places. I knew she was glaring at me, but not why. And then it hit me,

I laughed at what he said.

It's not even like he was speaking to me, I just laughed because I am a Harry Potter obsessed person. Let me elaborate. When Ms Gina used him as example, he said ' Are you serious?' and I laughed because my mind went to Sirius Black.

It's funny to me though, because I could never see Theo having a crush on me. I mean he had the most beautiful eyes I'd ever seen, the cutest dimples, and was just a beautiful person, and I don't want to sound like a pick-me, but I was me.

{Itty bitty timeskip}

Finally, after a while of warming up and stretching, we were told by Ms. Gina to go and shower. I considered going to catch up with Irene, but decided that it would be better to let her calm down. I slowly walked toward the benches where my bag was and took off my clothes, so that I was left in only my swimming costume. Once I'd stuffed all my clothes into my bag, I went and showered.

After I showered, I sat at the edge of the pool with my feet in the water, as Ms Gina had told us to do so while we were still leaving our clother. A couple of minutes passed, and I felt a presence beside me. I was going to start explaining to her, but I was surprised to be met not with the brown of Irene's doe eyes, but the honey-colored eyes of Theo Lavendish. Oh my god, Theo frickin' Lavendish.

"Hello," he said while I was internally freaking out, " I just saw you sitting here alone so I thought I'd come and say hello, but now that I think about it, you're probably waiting for one of your friends, and I'm just bothering you, and now I realise I haven't even let you speak and I'm sorry for my ranting."

I blinked rapidly as I looked at him properly and saw a familiar expression on his face... it almost seemed like... nervousness? I quickly dispersed the thought and remembered that I still hadn't responded to him.

" Right! Erm... Hi!" I responded while mentally facepalming. God I must sound like an idiot. " I'm actually not waiting for anyone, except for Ms Gina to tell us what to do, of course, so erm... you're not interrupting anything." except for my thoughts about how Harry Styles and Timothee Chalamet are gorgeous men.

" So... can I sit down?"

" Yeah, totally, absolutely, plenty of space here! I mean erm... sure." I tried to play it off cool but that didn't work, as he chuckled at me.

" I'm Theo Lavendish by the way." he said while taking a seat behind me.

" Oh, I know! I mean, Adelaide Sullivan, is me, that's my name!" I answered without thinking.

" So, how'd you know my name?"

"Oh um... you know, when Ms Gina said your name, and also when you get a special award at assemblies." I lied.

It's not like I knew his name because I was stalking him or something, I just knew it beause... well I just knew it, and there's nothing wrong with that! I think.

Theo and I talked a bit longer, and surprisingly, I wasn't that nervous or akward. For some reason, he was really easy to talk to. We talked about anything and everything, somehow going from talking about favourite dog breeds, to talking about what the best way to hide a body was, to talking about what was more painful between being burnt alive, or frozen alive.

Soon though, Ms Gina told everyone to sit by the edge of the pool, how Theo and I were doing, and told us to start kicking. I closed my eyes, as the water was splashing everywhere, and only opened them when Ms Gina told us to get in the pool.

She then told us to do back and front flips in the water. Once we were done, she told us to make one line, and then she separated us into four groups. I was in Group 2, Theo in Group 4, and Irene in Group 1.

We were going to do relays, first crawl, then breaststroke, and lastly, my least favourite style, backstroke.

A/N- we're going to skip to the end of the lesson cuz Idk how to write a swimming lesson, and I don't wanna bore you.

I walked toward my bag after showering and grabbed my Gryffindor towel out of it. I loved my towel, but it was one of those things that you love when you get it, and use it all the time, but you're embarassed of it when you use it in front of people because you're afraid they're going to judge you.

I said goodbye and headed for the bathroom. I walked into one of the bathroom stalls and changed quickly so that I could get out of the noisy, smelly bathroom. I went to my classroom, set my things down, and continued reading my copy of The ballad of songbirds and snakes. ( It's a great book, so fans of The Hunger Games, pls read, it's the prequel)

A/N- OMG I think this is the longest chapter I've written!!!!!!! I hope you enjoyed it, and again, sorry for the long wait. Also, I've seen other authors do this, so I'm going to ask you a question at the end of every chapter.

Qotd- Favourite animal

Aotd- Leopard

See you next chapter, byeeeee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

290K 49.6K 23
Indian Chronicles Book III My Husband, My Tyrant. When Peace Becomes Suffocation. Jahnvi Khanna has everything in her life, a supporting family, a hi...
1.6M 139K 46
✫ 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐀 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐈𝐧 π‘πšπ­π‘π¨π«πž π†πžπ§'𝐬 π‹π¨π―πž π’πšπ πš π’πžπ«π’πžπ¬ ⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎ She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful...
321K 18.5K 19
"α€˜α€±α€Έα€α€Όα€Άα€€α€œα€¬α€•α€Όα€±α€¬α€α€šα€Ί α€„α€œα€»α€Ύα€„α€Ία€œα€Ύα€―α€•α€Ία€žα€½α€¬α€Έα€œα€­α€―α€·α€α€²α€·.... α€™α€Ÿα€―α€α€Ία€›α€•α€«α€˜α€°α€Έα€—α€»α€¬...... ကျွန်တော် α€”α€Ύα€œα€―α€Άα€Έα€žα€¬α€Έα€€ α€žα€°α€·α€”α€¬α€™α€Šα€Ία€œα€±α€Έα€€α€Όα€½α€±α€€α€»α€α€¬α€•α€«.... α€€α€»α€½α€”α€Ία€α€±α€¬α€Ία€›α€„α€Ία€α€―α€”α€Ία€žα€Άα€α€½α€±α€€...
717K 35.5K 47
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...