Damaged Raven

By Irish_Wolves

By: justbored21 Dumbledore was surprised when Harry Potter, the boy-who-lived, came to Hogwarts. He expected... More

1
First Morning
Lessons, meeting Snape
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
Trial
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68

7

7.6K 298 107
By Irish_Wolves

"Bloody hell!" Malfoy coughed viciously as he was healed by a seventh year

"I can't believe it" A fifth year whispered, though his voice carried throughout the whole room "what the hell was he?"

"He was a first year!" One other Slytherin hissed "But he beat us like we were nothing!"

"Yeah but he's Harry Potter" A third year replied "he defeated you-know-who as a baby, it makes sense that he is powerful"

"He'll pay!" Malfoy growled as he stood up "I will make him pay and..."

"You will not do anything" A Slytherin seventh year boy said "I am not having that demon back in this common room just because you can't control your mouth!"

"What?!" Malfoy exclaimed

"That boy hasn't even finished a year of magical education and he beat us all. He used spells that some of us haven't even learnt yet" A third year said "do you really think it's a good idea to antagonise him?"

"My father" Draco began

"Is not a healer" A fourth year interrupted before he could get up to speed "what is he going to do if Potter burns your face off? And what can he do? Get Potter expelled? In case you haven't noticed, Potter probably doesn't care about getting expelled if he's willing to attack an entire house. And even if he does, it will still take him some time and Potter will be able to get his revenge before he's kicked out. Nothing you do can help"

"But..." Malfoy looked around for support but found none, he growled and stormed off

"Harry" Delphi walked up to Harry just before he went up to his room "what did you do?"

"What do you mean?" Harry frowned

"Harry, I know you well enough to know when you're hiding something, what did you do?" She asked again with a sigh "Wait..." she reached into his robes and tugged on something, Harry's skull mask poked out before Harry quickly shoved it back in "what did you do?" She asked, worried but kept her voice low to prevent others from hearing

"Just made it clear I was not to be messed with" Harry shrugged "don't worry, they're all alive"

"Harry" Delphi said exasperated

"Hey, I let them have their time where they thought they were the top dogs but it was well past time for them to learnt that that I am the apex predator here"

"That's not what I'm upset about" Delphi glared at him

"What then?" Harry asked, looking very confused

"You went without me!" She accused

"Oh, I'm sorry" Harry said sincerely "if it makes you feel better, you can come with me next time"

"You're going again?" She asked

"Yeah, when I was there I noticed something that interested me. I plan to visit there in the future" Harry grinned before walking off

"Okay, why the hell am I here?" Harry sighed as he found himself in a meeting with Dumbledore. He was currently in the headmaster's office, Dumbledore sat at his desk with the three head of houses standing besides him. Flitwick stood at the side of the desk to make sure he was seen "To be left alone, it's not that difficult of a request" Harry added with a look to Dumbledore

"Mr Potter" Dumbledore began "you have stated previously, on multiple occasions, that you wished to be left alone."

"You mean like just now?" Harry interrupted

"Yes" Dumbledore sighed "now, we've also noticed that despite your desire to not be here, you still like learning"

"That's because I'm not foolish enough to waste resources when I have them" Harry shrugged "you got a library, you've got things I can learn."

"We were hoping that perhaps you could make some suggestions to help improve your stay, if they are reasonable and within my power then I shall grant them"

"Why would you think I have suggestions?" Harry asked

"Mr Potter, you enjoy learning but you clearly don't enjoy your lessons, we want to change the last part" McGonagall said

"Fine" Harry said "let's start with transfiguration, while you can teach I find your lessons boring and unchallenging, as for Herbology I don't much care for it. No offense intended, I'm willing to learn about any important plants like how to avoid the killing ones and all but while it's important, I don't have a love for the subject but that is bearable and I can last for the next five years. Potions was ruined because you" Harry pointed at Dumbledore "were incompetent and blind enough to have such an important subject taught by a pitiful, harmful bat that should be neutered and sealed in a cave somewhere off in Madagascar. History is taught by a boring old ghost that is about as interesting as the disasters that Delphi reads and refers to as 'love stories'.

"What about my lessons?" Flitwick asked hopefully

"My only criticism regarding your and your lessons are the fact that you occasionally seem a bit too enthusiastic and that you're short. But the enthusiasm is an acceptable quality that has admittedly grown on me, as for your height...well I have a burnt face and permanent scars. It would be hypocritical for me to judge"

"Thank you" Flitwick grinned

"You also seem to be the only teacher who's competent enough to realise when a student isn't being challenged" Harry said while giving McGonagall a look that very clearly said 'yes, I am talking about you' "if you also want to hear my other problems regarding the school then just say so"

"Uh...no, thank you Mr Potter" Dumbledore said after a little cough

"Ah, I understand, your egos can only take so much" Harry said with a grin

"That is it!" McGonagall exclaimed, she had tried to be patient but was now apparently at her limit "I am tired of all your constant disrespect! This is not how I expected the son of Lily and James Potter to behave! Your parents would be ashamed of you"

"Like you care about my parents" Harry snorted disbelievingly

"How dare you?! I cared very deeply about your parents! How dare you say otherwise! Especially when you've done nothing but act the opposite to both of them! Your father and mother were two of my best students and I cared for them deeply!"

"Clearly not enough if you're willing to use their memory against an eleven year old child" Harry calmly replied "me, I wouldn't try to blackmail someone younger than me into behaving by using their dead parents names but maybe that's just because I have different ideas of what's acceptable than you." Harry ended with a shrug, he looked relaxed despite the anger evident in his emerald green eyes. "As for my parents, they died when I was one. I know nothing about them. Were they angels? I doubt it, I certainly don't have wings. Maybe they cut my wings off when I was little, that's how you see me isn't it? I'm just the little burnt, fallen angel aren't I? Or have I been upgraded to 'devil' status? Admittedly I do like burning things. Perhaps I can show you how good I am at that" Harry ended, his voice calm but his eyes blazing

The room became tense as the air in the room became thicker, wind began circling the room a faster pace. It stung against the professors like silver spears, meanwhile Harry's eyes gave off the appearance of actually being on fire. McGonagall took a few steps back as did the other heads of houses.

"Enough!" Dumbledore ordered, Harry grinned and the wind died down along with the green flames in his eyes, though he still kept his eyes locked on McGonagall who's face had turned undeniably pale "Mr Potter, that is enough"

"Is it?" Harry let out a little laugh "I don't know if I emphasised my point enough. You see, I don't pull punches and I think that the lovely little Professor has not fully understood me yet"

"The rest of us would disagree"

"Fine" Harry stood up and his smile disappeared as he looked at McGonagall the same way an animal looks at it's pray "mention my parents again and I will be very displeased, compare me to them and I will end you and I am not...talking about your career. I understand that you used to have a husband who is no longer with you..." McGonagall gasped "died in the last war didn't he? I bet he'd be ashamed of you for the way you easily use my parents memory whenever it suits you, he'd also probably be ashamed about the fact that you didn't stop Dumbledore from dumping a baby at his hateful relatives in the middle of the cold night right after he lost those previously mentioned parents. You go and have a good think, then when you're done, decide who my parents would really be ashamed of. Me or you? Good day to you all" Harry turned and opened the door, he was about to leave when he stopped, he turned to McGonagall "I don't really know why your animal form is a cat, when you keep acting like such a bitch" Harry walked out before anyone could reply

"Minerva?" Dumbledore looked at McGonagall who's face had become a very pale white and she now had a tear dripping down her eyes

"I'm sorry Minerva" Sprout said as kindly as she could "but I have to agree with Mr Potter"

"Yes" Flitwick agreed, though he didn't seem to be trying to be kind like Sprout "that was out of line. While I may not know James as well as you did, I knew Lily just as good, if not better. And she certainly wouldn't approve of you using her memory against a child that angers you"

"Filius, that is enough" Dumbledore said

"Is it?" Flitwick challenged

"Yes, it is" Dumbledore said, his eyes hardened and without their signature twinkle. Flitwick grunted and walked out of the room, Sprout following. Dumbledore let out a deep sigh as he stood up and conjured a tissue for her and gently lead her to her seat "Minerva?" He asked, only to receive no answer "Minerva? Minerva, please speak to me. Minerva?"

"A...Albus...I...I..." Was all McGonagall managed to get out before she burst into tears, Albus gently pulled her into a hug as she sobbed on his shoulders

The next day at dinner, Albus sat at the head table, he watched as Harry entered and sat at the Ravenclaw table. He still couldn't believe the way that Harry had talked to Minerva, the poor woman was still so upset that she couldn't teach and her classes were cancelled for the week. Dumbledore realised one thing, Harry Potter certainly didn't pull any punches. McGonagall had offended him, maybe even hurt him with her comment about his parents. He reacted by using his venomous tongue and ripped the woman to shreads. It was like watching a Viper refuse to let go of it's prey.

Minerva McGonagall was, in Dumbledore's opinion, a very tough woman. But Harry had managed to do what many wouldn't even believe possible, reduce the woman to tears. McGonagall left that meeting feeling like she had betrayed not only the Potters but also the memory of her husband, the words were worsened by the fact that Harry was the son of two of her favourite students and that she had apparently felt that there was some truth to be found in his words.

As Dumbledore kept thinking, he noticed something, it was subtle but he noticed that most of the Slytherin's were actively trying to avoid looking at Harry Potter. Having lived so long and met so many different people, Dumbledore had gained a very useful skill of reading people's faces. If there was even a single thing that revealed their emotions then Dumbledore would be able to pick up on it. The most noticeable thing that Dumbledore saw was fear, throughout all of them. There was also various people with hidden awe, which was quite strange.

Dumbledore was glad when one of them glanced at them, this person had no mental shields and Dumbledore quickly read his mind to see the cause behind this. After he was done he nearly jumped out of his seat in shock and horror, he couldn't believe it! After seeing Harry destroy Slytherin house, a great deal of fear rose up in the elderly wizard. Not even Tom was this powerful at his age, some of the spells that Harry used were very advanced and Dumbledore guessed that Bellatrix Lestrange taught them to Harry or he learnt them himself after studying, both seemed like possibility's.

Dumbledore found himself in shock as he struggled to process what happened, Harry Potter was vicious. He enjoyed doing what he did, that much was evident. He delighted in the fear he caused, that much was evident. If Dumbledore didn't get a handle on him soon then he risked having an even worse dark lord appear on the scene and he definitely didn't want that.

A bird flew towards the desk, holding a red letter. Dumbledore quickly realised that this bird was the raven that Harry owned, Shadow he believed the bird's name was, the bird dropped the letter on Dumbledore's lap and then immediately stole some food from Dumbledore's plate before flying towards Harry and landing in front of him. Dumbledore was a bit surprised to have mail as he usually had it all directed to his office, it was then that he remembered that he had owl wards, designed for owls and not Ravens.

The red letter rose into the air, letting Dumbledore know that it was a howler, which was also odd as he hadn't really done anything to warrant a howler. Not recently anyway. The letter opened and formed into the shape of a mouth

"Hello Headmaster Dumbledore" The voice of Bellatrix Lestrange echoed throughout the whole hall, she wasn't shouting, her voice was amused if anything "how are you? I just wanted to let you know that I have been searching through the Potter accounts on behalf of Harry, I noticed that there was supposed to be a heirloom that was supposed to be returned to the Potter vault in Gringotts in the event that James and Lily Potter died. I couldn't find it, I believe that James had handed it to you. Perhaps you could be kind enough to give it to Harry as I'd rather not go all the way to Hogwarts just to give Harry he's rightful property. Also, love you Harry, make sure that Delphi behaves. Bye-bye" The letter said before tearing itself into little pieces

"You heard the woman" Harry grinned at Dumbledore, meanwhile Delphi slammed her head on the table after her mother had, in her opinion, embarrassed her "I'll expect it by the end of the evening, unless you're planning to keep it from me" Harry added, making it very much look like Dumbledore had stolen something

Dumbledore internally swore, this was bad. He had originally planned to give Harry the cloak at Christmas but now, he really didn't want to give it to him. He saw what Harry was capable of and he really didn't want to make things much easier for Harry to get around. The cloak wouldn't allow for any charms to be placed on it either, Dumbledore had special glasses that were capable of viewing magic, so he would be able to find Harry even with the cloak but the others didn't have that luxury.

He was tempted to say that James Potter had left him the cloak as a gift but he knew he couldn't, the cloak was a Potter family heirloom and only members of the family could have it, James himself had told Dumbledore that no Potter was able to give it away to someone out of the family. And as a heirloom, Gringotts would be able to check who it belonged to and could call him out for lying.

"Meet me after dinner in my office Mr Potter" Dumbledore said in resignation

"Thank you sir" Harry smirked before turning back to Delphi who was now sporting a red forehead

"Why does it seem like my mother lies you more than me?" Delphi gave him an accusing look

"Maybe it's because I'm cute?" Harry guessed

"You? Cute?" Delphi snorted

"Bitch, I'm adorable" Harry said playfully

"I bet McGonagall doesn't think so" Delphi countered, knowing what had happened in that meeting

"McGonagall?" Cho asked, she wasn't trying to listen to their conversation but she did hear the Professor's name "Do you guys know what happened to her? She's cancelled classes for a week" Most of the nearby Ravenclaws leaned in to try and hear what had happened to their transfiguration teacher

"Oh, she's just upset because Harry called her a bitch" Delphi said casually, and everyone gasped. It was one thing to dislike McGonagall but to insult her, especially with a swear word, was a whole other thing entirely. Many were looking at Harry like he had just slayed a dragon

"Thanks" Harry glared at Delphi

"You're welcome!" She grinned happily

"You called her a bitch?!" Cho repeated in shock as many looked at Harry, waiting for his answer

"In all honesty, bitch was one of the nicer things I had said the last time I saw her" Harry answered honestly while Shadow began eating the food that Harry had set aside for him

"Why would you do that?!" Another Ravenclaw demanded

"Because McGonagall thought it was alright to use the memory of my parents against me just because she didn't like my attitude, I don't know about you but I wouldn't use the memory of two war heroes, who sacrificed their lives so a child could live, just so their child would behave the way that I want. She brought my parents into it and I didn't hold back in telling her how much I disagreed with her doing that."

"I'm on your side Harry" Delphi said "she crossed the line by bringing your parents into it just because she didn't like your attitude"

"It also pisses me off about how she expects me to be exactly like them when I don't even know what they're like" Harry growled

"I'm sorry" Cho said

"It's fine" Harry waved her off "I don't remember much of my parents anyway, maybe they are just as perfect as everyone says"

"Do you remember anything about your parents?" Marietta asked bluntly

"Marietta!" Cho gasped, many Ravenclaws agreed with the sentiment but still listened on

"I remember my dad telling my mum to run, my mum refusing to step out of Voldemort's way and then a green light" Harry answered and the Ravens found themselves stunned "so as you can see, it rather pisses me off to hear someone use their names against me." Harry stood up and calmly walked out of the hall

A little while later, Harry was in Dumbledore's office with just the headmaster.

"Here you are" Dumbledore reluctantly handed Harry the coat "your father had given it to me before he died, I originally intended to send it to you as a Christmas present but I..."

"You can stop now" Harry interrupted "we're not in court so you don't have to justify your stealing habits to me"

"Mr Potter, I do not steal" Dumbledore frowned

"Oh, I'm sorry, this coming from the old guy who had my dad's cloak?" Harry asked sarcastically

"And as I told you, I had planned to gift it to you this Christmas when..."

"You mean you planned to gift me my own property?" Harry asked in an amused voice "So many things wrong about that, first of all I still count that as stealing because that is ten years where you had my property without my knowledge or consent. Second of all, why should I have had to wait to Christmas for my own property to be returned? Perhaps you could lend me your wand and I'll return it to you on your next birthday? Thirdly, you're giving my own stuff as a gift? If you absolutely must give me a present then at least make it or go out and by it, you're far too rich to be so cheap" Harry turned and began walking out the office

"Harry" Dumbledore's voice spoke softly and stopped Harry just after he opened the door "do you really think that your words against Professor McGonagall were necessary?"

"I think she should be appreciative that my displeasure was strictly verbal" Harry looked back at Dumbledore

"Yes, it's a shame that the Slytherin's weren't given the same treatment" Dumbledore looked at Harry who didn't really react much besides a slight upward curve of his lips

"The Slytherin's?" Harry acted innocent

"Harry, I know what you did" Dumbledore replied

"Ah, did someone tell you?" Harry asked curiously, all pretence was immediately dropped

"I have my sources" Dumbledore admitted

"What sources?" Harry asked

"That does not concern you"

"Yes it does" Harry grinned "you see, if someone had told you then that is just someone who will need to be taught to stop spreading things that they shouldn't. However I doubt that, I was very clear. If I had to take a guess, I'd say you used Legilimency on one of them" Harry watched but Dumbledore showed no reaction to the accusation "it would explain where your pet death eater learnt it from. But the point is, you have no proof"

"That will be enough Harry, you will attend detention with..."

"Nobody" Harry cut him off "because you can't produce any proof about what your claiming, all it would take is me going to the board of governors and arguing against your claim. Unless you want to tell me about your source?" Dumbledore remained quiet, he couldn't very well admit he read the mind of a student to Harry or the board, after what happened with Snape, his reputation would never be able to recover and it would take a lot of effort to avoid Azkaban "Ah well, I had to try. But like I said before Dumbledore, I will not attend detentions. Suspend if you want, expel me if you must but I will not be attending any detentions"

"Harry, if you are expelled then your wand will be snapped, you will be forbidden from practising magic"

"Maybe in this country" Harry countered "but there are still other places outside of the UK where I can go. France, Canada, America and so many others. You see, you have nothing, nothing to threaten me with. The sooner you realise that, the better"

"Harry" Dumbledore said as Harry turned away from him "why did you do it? Why did you attack the Slytherin's?"

"Find the biggest bully and punch him in the face" Harry said without looking back "I made it clear that I was not to be messed with, nothing more, nothing less. None of it was personal, enjoyable yes but not personal"

"Harry, I fear for you, you are treading along a very dark path. The last boy with the same potential as you that walked the very same path became Lord Voldemort"

"Yes well he wanted to do evil shit, I just want to be left alone" Harry replied "something I hope you can understand without me beating it into you" Harry grinned as he walked out the office

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

237K 7.5K 32
a sword, a boggart, a phoenix, A Psychopathic Future Dark Wizard? As Hermione Granger is starting her sixth year at Hogwarts, she accidental...
4.1K 182 72
Story by hoboheartache on ao3 Italics: Thoughts "Italics": Foreign language/emphasis Bold: Writing (books, letters, etc...) Explicit Archive Warning...
237K 7.1K 68
Dumbledore was surprised when Harry Potter, the boy-who-lived, came to Hogwarts. He expected a saviour, what he got was a damaged boy who has no inte...
378K 10.3K 24
When he started his 6th year at Hogwarts, Tom Marvolo Riddle had viscous plans like no other and nothing stopped him from putting them into action. W...