The Art of Family (Book 2)

By Claire_ry

With family, there's always drama. But, beyond that is an irreplaceable support system with a promise of many... More

Prologue Some Things Never Change
The Cast
Chapter 1 Wave After Wave
Chapter 2 Gentleman
Chapter 3 The Great Negotiation
Chapter 4 White Day
Chapter 5 Chaos and Order
Chapter 6 I'll Miss You
Chapter 7 Torrential Tears
Chapter 8 Big Boss
Chapter 9 Family Diary
Chapter 10 Stranger Danger
Chapter 11 Memories
Chapter 12 Babysitter Binnie
Chapter 13 Koala Baby
Chapter 14 Second Time Around
Chapter 15 Contemplation
Chapter 16 Calm
Chapter 17 Tides of Change
Chapter 18 Enamoured
Chapter 19 Up and Down
Chapter 20 Once Upon a Time
Chapter 22 The Right of Passage
Chapter 23 You're On Your Own, Kid
Chapter 24 Gone

Chapter 21 Wait

402 39 23
By Claire_ry

A week later

Silence isn't common in the Hyun Family House.

Laughter, bantering, the pitter-patter sound of running feet. Those were common.

Silence certainly wasn't.

But for their littlest princess, this wasn't the case.

For as long as she remembers; in even her faintest recollection of their home, silence always came between the early hours of the day to the fuzzy late afternoons, when the light would stream in through the windows to light up her world in the softest, warmest glow.

Silence accompanied Ki Rai whenever her siblings were at this thing called "school" and her parents were at that big building with all the nice people who would shower her with sweets.

Hyun Ki Rai was probably the only one amongst her siblings who didn't mind the silence. It was the only time she was calm and in control of her emotions.

She liked being alone.

Mostly...

Mostly because on the days when she missed her father – he was in Singapore again, Ki Rai craved company.

That would certainly explain why Ki Rai was currently wandering the corridors of their homely abode, in search of the special someone who would provide her company.

Her little feet carried her down the spiral staircase...

...past the common room...

...down to the kitchen where Mdm Ji Hyun handed her a tiny piece of yagwa.

Ki Rai paused then to enjoy the special treat before she retreated to the narrower corridor leading to their family garden.

"Halabeoji?" Her murmur melted into the lazy afternoon air as she approached the old man dozing in his chair.

"Halabeoji." Ki Rai called the second time, this time in a clearer voice.

The wise man woke with a start as a single snort escaped him, having sensed his great-grandchild's presence even in his sleep.

"Annyeong, Ki Rai-ah. To what do I owe the pleasure?" Halabeoji spoke sleepily, barely suppressing a yawn.

Instead of responding, Ki Rai simply smiled expectedly at Halabeoji, her arms tightening ever so subtly around a book that was nearly too big for her to hold.

"What's that you've got, little miss?" Halabeoji's eyes twinkled knowingly, hiding a hint of mirth in their depths.

Pursing her lips, Ki Rai extended the book to Halabeoji, silently conveying her request through unblinking eyes.

After all, Halabeoji was everyone's favourite storyteller.

Taking the book from Ki Rai, Halabeoji read the title aloud, marking the beginning of their adventure to the world of fairytales and fables.

"The tortoise and the hare." The wise man spoke rhythmically.

"Bunny!" Ki Rai exclaimed adorably.

"Well, they certainly share some resemblance." Halabeoji chuckled while he helped Ki Rai into his lap. "But hares are far different from your average pets. You see, they thrive in the wild."

"Oooo." Ki Rai seemed more focused on the book as she pointed at the "bunny" again.

Laughing softly, Halabeoji took his time to flip to the first page where the words "Once upon a time" popped out to them like a treasure trove just waiting to be discovered.

That classic phrase paved the way for the rush of familiarity that came with the promise of a great escape to a world where imagination was one's greatest weapon, much like the comfort Ki Rai found snuggling up to her favourite Halabeoji.

As Halabeoji read on, the leaves of their beloved oak tree fluttered with the gentle breeze, landing in harmonic disarray around the beautiful sight of the eldest of the Hyuns and their youngest sharing a story.

Perhaps it was that time of the year, or perhaps he was feeling particularly sentimental that day, but Halabeoji found himself subconsciously recalling the good old days as he read on.

On and on it went, and deeper and deeper he ventured...

...into his memories, into his past, into his early days when he first met his beloved.

He read to her the very first time he had her over, under the very tree which now guarded him as she guarded him. Back then, the same peace flowed within him whenever he was reading under the ancient tree.

Years later, their days were spent cuddling under the tree with a book in their hands as he read to the child in his wife's belly.

At 23, he welcomed their only son into the world and made it a point to read to their little one every single day, filling his world with endless possibilities and boundless wonder.

From fables to myths to fairy tales galore.

From magic to sword fights to the times before.

Stories of all kinds accompanied his son as he grew to become the chairman of VAST entertainment.

And when his son had his own sons, he vowed to do the same for them.

He hadn't expected to live that long, but somehow, he had been blessed with the opportunity to meet his great-grandchildren. In return for his longevity, he did the same for Jeong Eun, Eun Ae, and Ki Rai as he has been doing for decades.

Back in the present, Halabeoji ended the story naturally when he noticed Ki Rai sleeping soundlessly on his lap. The wise man sighed softly as he closed the book and ran his wrinkled hand through her long tresses before he smiled, shaking off the gnawing feeling that peace wasn't going to last long for their family.

In that moment of disquieting silence, Ye Jin came running; a spark of light amidst the growing dark clouds that hadn't been present minutes before.

They'll be fine, Halabeoji thought when he was presented with the memories of a time when all hope seemed bleak for his precious ones and the trials they had to go through to bring light back into their home.

And it was all thanks to the young lady running up to him now.

"Halabeoji. Have y-" Ye Jin's voice was an octave higher than usual from the panic rising within her.

"Slow down, child. Whatever has left you so frantic?" Halabeoji asked calmly.

"I-Ki Rai!" Ye Jin finally heaved a sigh of relief when she spotted their littlest princess in her great-grandfather's arms. "Goodness me, work must have gotten to me today. I panicked when Ki Rai didn't greet me at the door today, but she's usually with you or Mdm Ji Hyun anyway so I don't know why I had any reason to feel anxious but I am, and she's-"

"Child." Halabeoji broke through Ye Jin's ramblings as he placed a finger to his lips.

Ye Jin instinctively covered her mouth when she realised Ki Rai was sleeping before she carefully lifted their child off Halabeoji's lap.

"Gomawo." Ye Jin mouthed wordlessly as she turned to leave with her daughter.

Yet, Halabeoji stopped her before she could do so.

"Child, I would very much like to tell a story with the children one day."

Caught off guard, one could practically see the wheels turning in Ye Jin's head before her eyes lit up with excitement.

"That can be arranged."

In true Ye Jin fashion, she kept her promise beautifully.

It took a week to plan, and it was with much anticipation that Ye Jin took Halabeoji and the girls to pick up Jeong Eun from his weekly vocal class.

Except...they stayed.

Jeong Eun's vocal teacher led them to the back, where the recording studio was.

The recording studio itself had a small booth with a mic on a boom stand, purely used for voice recordings. A glass partition separates the vocalist from the sound technicians in an otherwise textured room decked with soundproof walls and thick red carpets.

Where the large performance area with the various musical instruments was, there now were racks and racks of costumes amidst baskets of props that Ye Jin had ordered for this special occasion.

"We're going to record an audiobook together!" Ye Jin raved before she explained further when she noted down the confusion on Ki Rai's face. "Each of you will voice a character in a story and Park seonsaengnim here will wrap it up into a beautiful recording we can listen to whenever we wish!"

"Jinjja? Do we get to play dress up too?" Eun Ae's eyes lit up with excitement.

"That's what the costumes are for." Ye Jin winked as she gestured to the stage. "Shall we?"

Frenzied excitement filled the air as the children ran towards the stage to pick their costumes.

Crowns and tiaras seem to be the theme as Ki Rai toddled towards Halabeoji with a replica of a King's crown. Their wise man graciously received the crown from their littlest before she ran off to pick her gown.

An hour later, the "on air" sign lit up to indicate the beginning of their recording session, as the children settled down around their old man.

In the control room with its rolling chairs, consoles and mixers with various buttons and knobs, Ye Jin stayed, looking upon the scene of Halabeoji and their precious babies with the softest eyes in the universe.

Silently, she wished that Hyun Bin could be here with them. But for now, she was determined to document the moment so that it can be shared when he was finally home again.

After all, today was all about their children and their favourite old man. It was their moment, their fairytale. Simple as that.

And so, the king of their hearts took charge as he spoke to their children tenderly, reminding them of the very story that they must have heard a thousand times by now.

Ye Jin chose well.

Halabeoji would have picked this story too, for it talks about a love so powerful that it continues to inspire many to this day.

It was also their children's favourite story.

"Once upon a time, there lived a prince. He had everything that one could only dream of.

"A lavish house, a beautiful carriage..."

"A white horse and a crown?" Eun Ae added.

"A white horse and a crown." Halabeoji chuckled deeply before his voice turned serious. "But what he lacked was love."

"One day, the King called his son to the throne room. He said, 'Son, it is time for an alliance to be made.'

"An alliance?" Jeong Eun echoed the prince's speech.

"A marriage alliance, to be precise. I have found a princess for you. She comes from an influential family. You will meet her tomorrow." Halabeoji continued.

"Your majesty, I refuse! I will do anything for our kingdom, but this is my life. I told you not to meddle with my relationships ever!" Jeong Eun made for a rather convincing prince as he raged into the mic.

"Is that any way to talk to your father? Control yourself immediately!" Halabeoji commanded. "You will meet her tomorrow. That is non-negotiable. Know her well, my prince. She will be your wife soon."

"He scary." Ki Rai pouted.

Halabeoji's eyes softened as he gazed at their littlest princess. "Don't worry, little one. He will never hurt you."

That much was true, for the King in their story was now a grandfather who was nothing but a soft teddy bear to his grandchildren.

And so, their recording continued.

It took a few takes, but between waiting for Ki Rai to wake up from her nap, and rehearsing the complex lines with the children, the rolling credits signalling the end of the story soon began and they were done.

When they returned home that day, Ye Jin accompanied Halabeoji in the garden after their children had gone to bed.

As they walked, the old man got increasingly emotional as he thought back to his day with the children.

"Gomawo, child." The old man spoke emotionally.

"It's my pleasure. I had a good time too." Ye Jin smiled softly.

Just like that, their day ended on a sweet note as Ye Jin and Halabeoji shared a warm hug beneath the old, oak tree.

❀❀❀

Disaster struck a week after.

It was a normal day for Ye Jin.

Their eldest two were at school, Ye Jin was helping Mdm Ji Hyun in the kitchen, and Ki Rai was in the common room playing with Mina.

If only they had been given a warning sign; a slight inkling that their day was going to be anything but normal. But alas, such premonitions were uncommon in life and none of them thought anything more about their rather ordinary day.

Ki Rai was the first to notice anything amiss about their day.

Of course, the little one didn't quite understand the situation fully at that time, but she had approached her mother with the full intention of getting her help to wake Halabeoji so that he could read to her.

"Eomma..." Their littlest princess whined pitifully when she finally located her mother in the kitchen.

"What's wrong, sweetie?" Ye Jin lifted Ki Rai into her arms gently when she noticed how upset their baby was.

"Halabeoji is weird..."

"What did you say, sweetheart?" Ye Jin's eyes widened slightly in alarm as she tried her best to process what her daughter said.

Instead of repeating what she said, Ki Rai nuzzled her face against Ye Jin's neck as she whispered tiredly. "Wake Halabeoji for Ki Rai".

"It's okay, baby. I've got you." Ye Jin reassured Ki Rai as she rubbed her back gently.

A minute later, Ye Jin was climbing the steps to Halabeoji's room, not knowing what to expect. But deep down, Ye Jin had a feeling she knew exactly what to expect.

All the while, she was trying to calm her palpitating heart, for she was fearful.

Fearful of the fact that the day they have all been mentally preparing for was here. Yet, none of that mental preparation was doing anything for her. Rather, it only made everything harder.

Every step closer to Halabeoji's room seemed to grow heavier for Ye Jin. And though she reasoned that she might be overthinking their daughter's words, she couldn't help but worry.

She ought to rush in to check on their old man, but something about today felt different.

And she was only proven right by the sight that greeted her when she pushed open the door to Halabeoji's room.

Pale-faced and slumped against his wardrobe, Halabeoji was scarily still with his mouth agape and his face creased as if he had been struggling with an invisible force.

Panic filled Ye Jin's senses instantly as she rushed over to him, half shouting "Halabeoji" as she checked for his pulse with trembling hands.

Seconds ticked by and Ye Jin was just beginning to lose all semblance of hope when she felt it...

The faintest throb right under her fingers.

A spark of hope that this wasn't goodbye yet.

She had to save him.

❀❀❀

Waiting is a rather finicky fellow.

He makes you that much more aware of your surroundings and of every second that goes by.

And when you wait with dread in your heart, each passing second seems to drag on longer and longer as you feel a piece of your soul being chipped away ever so slowly.

So slowly that you can barely breathe.

So slowly that your mind seems to race to compensate for the time.

So slowly that every pulse of your heart felt like a stab to your stomach; as if it wasn't churning enough as it is.

It was truly gruelling, just waiting...

...and waiting

And waiting...with no end in sight.

She had rushed Halabeoji to the hospital the minute she discovered his pulse.

Everything seemed to be a blur for her as the doctors worked on him while she held onto his hand tightly.

At some point, she had to let him go.

She couldn't remember what came first. Was it the papers she had signed hastily or was it her valiant attempts at getting a hold of Bin?

She could vaguely remember her frantic run alongside Halabeoji's bed as they wheeled him to the operating theatre for emergency surgery.

A stroke.

That was what this was.

Halabeoji has always had a heart problem. They should have been more careful.

And before she knew it, she was in the waiting room.

Just waiting...

...and waiting.

And waiting...with no end in sight.

Ye Jin felt alone.

In such a pivotal moment, her husband was unreachable, their children were much too young, and everyone else who should be here was either away or asleep.

It was just her now. Yet, she had to remain strong somehow.

This whole waiting game only reminded her of a time long ago when she was here alone; waiting for her father who needed surgery too.

She was only a child.

Back then, she didn't have anyone to go to.

She didn't even tell anyone how scared she truly was.

Now, she has matured into an adult, but that doesn't change the way she feels in such a situation.

Even now, she feels small. She doesn't have anyone to go to nor does she have anyone to confide in.

The churning in her stomach only seemed to intensify alongside her anxiousness as she continued to wait. A few seconds later, she found herself running to the bin, barely making it before she was puking her guts out.

Wiping her lips weakly, Ye Jin grimaced at the bitter aftertaste as she blinked a few times to reorient herself.

He'll get through this, right?

They say that desperate people find faith. Perhaps if she prayed this time, there would be a miracle.

At the very least, she prayed that he could get a proper goodbye. That they could all get the closure they needed to tide through this.

For now, she waits.

❀❀❀

Hyun Bin finally called back.

He must have had a long day because he only managed to call back in the wee hours of the night.

It was 1 a.m. for Ye Jin. She had almost dozed off when Hyun Bin called but she was awake the minute she saw the caller ID.

"Jinnie-ah! What's going on? Are you okay? I saw your missed calls!" Ye Jin barely processed Hyun Bin's frantic questioning as she sat up in her chair.

"Bin...you finally called."

"I'm so sorry, Jinnie. I didn't have my phone all day. I had a few back-to-back meetings and the last one just ended." Hyun Bin apologised profusely. "Are you hurt?"

"Ani, I'm fine but..." Ye Jin bit her cheek nervously as she thought about a way to break the news to him.

"But?" Hyun Bin prompted.

"It's Halabeoji." Ye Jin breathed as she tried to keep the tears at bay. Yet, a few slipped down her face as she allowed herself to be vulnerable in the presence of Bin. "H-he isn't doing too well."

"H-Halabeoji? What happened to Halabeoji?"

"He's in surgery now. He collapsed close to dinner time because of a stroke."

"What did the doctors say?"

"They haven't been able to comment much on his situation." Ye Jin's voice broke sadly as she thought about poor Halabeoji.

"Oh..." Hyun Bin trailed off, and the couple sat in silence for a minute before he spoke again. "Are you alone now?"

"Yes. I tried calling your parents and your brother but they're not responding to my calls. The children are at home with Mdm Ji Hyun."

"They're in Africa right now. I'll give them a call. Hang in there for a little while longer, Jinnie. I'm booking the next flight back."

"Are you sure you can do that, honey?" Ye Jin choked.

"Of course. Nothing is more important. I'm never going to leave you alone to handle this." Hyun Bin insisted gently. "Gomawo, for staying strong for me. I'll be home soon."

"Alright, I'll text you if I receive any news. See you soon, Bin. I love you." Ye Jin sniffed slightly as she wiped her tears away.

"I love you too." Hyun Bin responded seriously before he hung up.

It didn't take a genius to know that the man's heart was aching as Ye Jin cried silently over the phone. His determination to be by her side was boundless and there wasn't a sliver of doubt behind the promise he made to his wife.

The relief Ye Jin felt from that phone call was just enough to sustain her through the night. Although her heart was still heavy, she felt renewed and ready to face everything head-on until Hyun Bin was by her side again.

As though heaven was finally on her side, the surgeon emerged through the door shortly after their call ended.

"Doctor, how is he?" Ye Jin asked anxiously.

"The surgery was a success."

Oh, thank goodness!

"But." The doctor sighed.

"But?" Ye Jin squeaked.

"We can only assess his full condition after he wakes up."

"When will that be?"

"Only time will tell. All we can do now is wait."

With that, the doctor left Ye Jin alone in the waiting room. Slumped over slightly from the weight of the news, Ye Jin sent the update to Hyun Bin as promised before she wordlessly left the waiting room.

May the next waiting game begin.

❀❀❀

Back home

The mood was impossibly solemn back home. The children were in low spirits, and poor Jeong Eun was taking the news incredibly hard.

It took some time for Mdm Ji Hyun to coax the girls to sleep, for Eun Ae and Ki Rai both chose to fight their dreams so that they could wait up for Ye Jin, but she managed it somehow. Jeong Eun on the other hand, refused to sleep a wink no matter what she tried.

She counted sheeps for him, rubbed his tummy, and even sang to him. Yet, the little one simply couldn't fall asleep.

He was the one who suggested they stayed together that night, but even his slumbering sisters did nothing to ease his mind as he stared at Mdm Ji Hyun with wide, sad eyes.

As a last resort – and out of concern that he barely touched his dinner – Mdm Ji Hyun left Jeong Eun for a short while to fetch him a glass of warm milk in hopes that it would help him.

During that time, Ye Jin returned home with a heavy heart, knowing full well that Halabeoji's collapse was only a reminder of how old their wise man truly was.

But at least for now, Halabeoji was still breathing, and that was all that mattered.

Ye Jin was determined to return to his side as soon as she finished checking on their children and packing a night bag for their stay in the hospital.

"Mdm Ji Hyun." Ye Jin greeted her kindly.

"Jinnie, you're home." Mdm Ji Hyun's eyes were wide and questioning.

"I'm going back to the hospital. I came home to check on the children and pack a few essentials...just in case." Ye Jin explained casually.

"I'll help you. You should pack some food too. H-how's Halabeoji?" Mdm Ji Hyun asked tentatively.

"The surgery was a success, but he hasn't woken up yet. Are the children asleep?"

"The girls are, but Jeong Eun...he's having trouble sleeping. The poor child is probably too worried for Halabeoji. He could barely keep his food down today. I was going to bring a glass of milk to him." Mdm Ji Hyun shook her head sadly.

Placing a hand on Mdm Ji Hyun's shoulder, gratitude shone brightly in Ye Jin's eyes as she spoke; "I'll handle him, Mdm Ji Hyun. Thank you for taking care of the children."

"It's nothing. I'll bring up a glass of milk and pack a bag for you. Do you need anything to eat?"

"I'm good, Mdm Ji Hyun. Thank you again. I'll see you upstairs." Ye Jin bowed her head politely.

"Ne. The children are all in Jeong Eun's room. They decided to stick together tonight." Mdm Ji Hyun informed her.

With another nod, Ye Jin made her way to Jeong Eun's bedroom, praying that somehow, peace came to their son.

Yet, when she pushed open the door softly...

"Eomma..." Jeong Eun whined softly when his eyes landed on his mother as he sat up.

"Jeong Eun-ah." Ye Jin sighed tiredly as she crossed the room to sit by him. "You're still awake."

"Ne." The child whispered to himself before he looked at his mother intently. "Eomma, are you okay?"

Ye Jin felt a thug at her heart from Jeong Eun's genuine show of concern for her. During such moments, Ye Jin was reminded of the fact that their children were maturing more every single day.

Jeong Eun wasn't clueless. He knew that his mother was very much affected by Halabeoji's condition. He might not know everything, but he could pick up on the distress signals his mother was sending even if she didn't mention anything. He was now at the age where he could comfort his parents, just as they have always been comforting him.

Humming gently, Ye Jin reached over to stroke Eun Ae's nose until the little one's muscles relaxed completely and the frown was gone on her face.

"I'll be fine, sweetie. I've simply had a long day." Ye Jin finally responded, letting the calm she felt in their children's presence ebb and flow within her.

Jeong Eun grew silent at Ye Jin's reply and anyone who knew him well would be able to see the questions in his eyes. It only took Ye Jin one glance to recognise the look in Jeong Eun's eyes, for their son's silent plea to know the truth was apparent even from his body language.

"Halabeoji got out of surgery." Ye Jin tried to assure Jeong Eun, although she didn't quite sound as convincing as she wished to be.

Jeong Eun nodded, choosing not to comment even though he wasn't convinced.

Sensing Jeong Eun's unease, Ye Jin ran her thumb gently over his cheekbones as he spoke to him tenderly. "Why don't you lay back down now?"

"I can't sleep." Their little man stated.

"Whyever not, sweetie?" Ye Jin asked, concerned.

Silence.

"You can tell me, you know? I'm all ears." Ye Jin probed him ever so lightly as she took his hands in hers.

Pouting slightly, Jeong Eun took a deep breath before he spilt his worries to his mother. As promised, Ye Jin listened quietly, taking in their son's worries bit by bit.

"I'm worried for you and appa. And I'm scared that I won't ever see Halabeoji again." Jeong Eun ended his confession with a sad frown on his face.

"Jeong Eun, sweetie. Remember what appa and I always tell you?" Ye Jin reminded their son gently. "This too shall pass."

"Nothing, good or bad, lasts forever." Jeong Eun recalled his parents' words perfectly.

"Exactly. That is what I am telling myself constantly, especially now. I admit, I've had better days and I won't lie to you and say that I am not fearful of the change that is going to come. The truth is, I'm scared too." Ye Jin confessed.

"Jinjja?"Jeong Eun tilted his head to one side.

"It's true, Jeong Eun-ah. You are not alone in this. I am scared for Halabeoji too."

Nodding his head, understanding dawned upon Jeong Eun as he internalised what his mother said. He wasn't alone in his fears after all.

"I guess I'm not so scared anymore." Jeong Eun determined before he held out his pinky. "Eomma...promise me then?"

"Promise you what?" Ye Jin chuckled softly.

"Promise me that you'll stay strong."

Smiling gently at their son, Ye Jin hooked her pinky finger to Jeong Eun's as she whispered, "I promise."

"Now, I gave you my word, so you have to eat well, sleep well and stay healthy, alright? That's how you should stay strong for us." Ye Jin winked.

"Ne, I'll go to sleep now, Eomma."

Tucking Jeong Eun in, Ye Jin made sure that their son was comfortable before she placed a soft kiss on his forehead. She sat there for a few minutes simply watching over Jeong Eun, until she was sure their little tyke was asleep.

Yet, before she could leave, Jeong Eun called out to her albeit sleepily.

"We made a get-well-soon card for Halabeoji." That was what he said.

"Is that so?" Ye Jin whispered tenderly. "That's wonderful, little tyke. I'll make sure to deliver it to him personally. I'm sure he'll appreciate it."

And just like that, Jeong Eun was out like a light. A minute later, Ye Jin left, closing the door to their children's room softly behind her.

"He's asleep." Ye Jin confirmed when Mdm Ji Hyun joined her in the corridor.

"Thank goodness." The elder breathed a sigh of relief.

"I'll give their kindergarten a call tomorrow. The children need a break."

"Of course, the poor little things must be exhausted. Rest assured I will watch over them tomorrow."

"Gomawo." Ye Jin smiled. "I will take my leave now."

"Take care, my dear." Mdm Ji Hyun handed her the bag.

This too shall pass.

Ye Jin said it herself.

But how long would this last?

At the very least, she was willing to wait for it.

❀❀❀

A/N

Hello lovelies, it has been a long while since I last updated! How's everyone? 

I have no excuse for leaving y'all hanging but rest assured I am determined to finish this fic along with GW and TSV! Life has just been slightly more hectic than usual and most nights, I find myself with zero brain power to write. At the very least, I hope this chapter was worth the wait although it is getting a little sad :(

Till next time! And fingers crossed that I'll find the motivation to write again soon! HEH

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 9.1K 59
All Ye Jin wanted was to lead a simple life. Have an average job, an average family, an average life. But what happens when she gets caught in a sche...
94.3K 4.5K 36
A binjic fanfic... Revenge or love? Which will win? A marriage that initially had a hidden intention. An old revenge that became toxic in the marriag...
134K 7.2K 34
#WATTYS2020 Working for years in the Blue House as a staff in the crisis management department, Son Yejin knew very well how to handle a crisis effec...
17.2K 1.4K 24
Childhood. Everyone has a different childhood story growing up. Fond stories, memories, photographs. These were at times embarrassing but mostly hear...