ᴍɪssɪɴɢ || ʙᴀᴋᴜɢᴏ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ

By GrizzlyBear_Katsuki

➪ ʙᴀᴋᴜɢᴏ x ᴍɪssɪɴɢ! Pʀᴏ-ʜᴇʀᴏ! Rᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ ➪ sᴇǫᴜᴇʟ ᴛᴏ "ʙᴀᴅ ʜᴀʙɪᴛs" ➪ ɴᴏɴᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀʀᴛ ɪs ᴍɪɴᴇ ➪ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴍʜᴀ... More

ᴘʀᴏғɪʟᴇ: (ʏ/ɴ) (ʟ/ɴ)
ᴄᴏʟʟᴇᴀɢᴜᴇs' ᴘʀᴏғɪʟᴇ
ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟷
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟸
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟹
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟺
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟻
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟼
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟽
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟾
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟿
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟷𝟶
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟷𝟷
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟷𝟸
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟷𝟹
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟷𝟺
ғɪɴᴀʟ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ
ʙᴏɴᴜs ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ: ᴍᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴀᴍ
ʙᴏɴᴜs ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ: ǫᴜɪʀᴋ ᴍᴀɴɪғᴇsᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟷𝟻

3K 96 83
By GrizzlyBear_Katsuki

• This chapter begins with a series of flashbacks. I will tell you when we are back in present time. •

Date: March 19, XXXX
Time: 2:49 a.m.
Location: Slums of Tokyo

Droplets of chilled water fall in freezing sheets, swallowing you and your vision whole as you slowly make your way towards the exit of the dark alleyway. It is nearly impossible to tell where you are going at this late hour, the rain not helping in the dark of night. Each of your steps are accompanied by a 'slosh' and icy water seeping into your boots to drench your feet. Your patrol was miserable enough without wet socks, now it is unbearable.

Your internal suffering is multiplied as you step into a particularly deep puddle that rises over your foot to your ankle. Grimacing at the cold feeling that encompasses your toes, you tug at your leg until it is free, but mud coats the foot of your boot in a thick layer. Gross. And just what you needed right now, too. Groaning in self pity and fruitlessly attempting to kick the mud off of your favorite combat boots, you decide that this is the worst patrol ever and you'd rather be suffering through one of Toshinori's lectures than be out in the rain another minute.

First, the villains you were chasing, after catching them robbing a jewelry store, got away. You tripped and smacked your face into a goddamn lamppost, taking a moment too long to recover and they escaped as you nursed your bleeding nose. Then, the downpour started, freezing spring rain drenching you from head to toe and leaving your teeth chattering, but at least the icy droplets washed away the blood on your face. And, after that, you realized that while chasing those villains, you got yourself lost. You have no clue where you are and the rain is making it hard to see where you are going. Leading to your current predicament, wandering cluelessly through the slums of Tokyo in an attempt to find a landmark or building you recognize.

Broken glass, scattered gravel, and muddy puddles litter the ground as you stumble out of the alley and into the open street. Of course, in this part of the city there aren't any working streetlights, all of them are broken or stopped functioning years ago. So, you blink the rain from your eyes as best you can, trying to adjust to your surroundings.

That's when your eyes land on the figure standing directly in front of you.

Only feet away, a tall, male figure leans against the broken lamppost with his arms crossed over his muscled chest. His stance appears open and relaxed on the surface, but you see the way his muscles tighten and his shoulders drawback at the sight of you. Despite the hood covering his facial features, you feel his eyes run over your form to study you, he doesn't seem to find you threatening as he slumps against the pole once more.

"You're not a villain," A low voice pipes in, deep and masculine as he clicks his tongue in your direction.

You attempt to assess the strange man in front of you, trying to find anything about him that could be familiar. If he's a hero, he's not one you recognize. "No, I'm not," You answer back softly, voice almost being drowned out by the pounding rain. You shift your weight onto your back foot and cross your arms to mimic his stance.

You can practically feel the male across from you frown, not being able to see his face due to the hood masking his features much like your's. And, silence quickly falls like the sheets of rain around the two of you, locked in a staring contest where neither of you can tell if the other blinks. The male makes no effort to move or say anything else as the tension in the air grows by the minute.

Who is he?

Why is he here?

And, why does his gaze feel so judgmental?

"Can I help you?" You question, having a gut feeling that the mysterious man wants to say something, but makes no attempt to voice his concerns.

The aura across from you becomes annoyed at the sound of your voice and the figure uncrosses his arms, straightening his posture so he stands at his full height. He is much taller than you, and the hooded figure only has to take two steps to close the distance between the two of you. So now, you have to crane your neck upward just to glare at his shadowed face.

"You're that tiny hero who took out the Hexad. What's a spoiled princess from the Top Ten doing in this part of the city? Shouldn't you be getting your beauty sleep so you can 'wow' the public tomorrow?" The male taunts, flaunting his height and build over you as you enter another glaring contest. Hostility and frustration come off of the guy in waves as he scowls at your smaller form.

You don't answer, hating the reminder of the undercover mission you were on until only four months ago. After you managed to make it out alive, the public has been all over you for saving the lives of thousands of victims. You were instantly promoted into the Top Ten heroes of Japan, and many other heroes have been salty about it. This isn't the first experience you've had with a hero being hostile towards you. You're honestly tired of it and the reminders.

"I'm lost," You reply bluntly, staring at the man directly where you assume his eyes are.

The male pauses for a second as if processing your answer before leaning back and laughing loud enough to alert any nearby villains to not come this way. You watch blankly as he hunches over in laughter and holds onto his chest for dear life. He doesn't seem to breath as he laughs and laughs and laughs.

You know it's embarrassing, your face flushing as the older male continues to laugh at your predicament, but you didn't think it was all that funny.

"What?" You question defensively, getting fed up with the male's obnoxious laughter. He's starting to remind you of Keigo, "Are you going to give me directions or what?"

The male wipes away the tears in his eyes and finally takes a moment to catch his breath. Once again standing at his full height and the hostility melting off his figure, the male flips his hood back to stare you in the eye. Messy black hair and matching dark eyes gaze into your own even with the shadow of your hood as a teasing smirk twists onto his face.

"I'm lost too, actually. The name is Dorian. Your name doesn't matter, you obviously identify as a midget, Phantom." The male's smirk widens with each word as your glare grows more heated.

"Oh shut up, you fucking skyscraper."

His laughter rings in your ears along with the pounding of the rain.

•••

Date: April 20, XXXX
Time: 9:24 a.m.
Location: (Y/n)'s Apartment

The door whines as you slam it behind you, slumping backwards onto the wooden surface with a deep sigh and pounding headache. With your back pressed against the wood, you slide down until your head rests in your arms and you hold you own body close for comfort. It has been a long day.

Actually, scratch that. It has been a long couple of weeks.

The heavy weight of exhaustion from your training and work lays heavily atop your shoulders, begging for a couple days of rest to recharge. But, you don't have the luxury of a break. You never do. The Hero President needs you to leave bright and early for a new mission in the morning, your first mission since you infiltrated the Hexad's base.

You were promised it wouldn't be anything like that, simple, easy, and you'll be back within the next week. But, all you really want to do right now is sleep. You might have time for a quick nap, but then you need to get up and finish filling out the paperwork on the villains you took down, and after that, you have another patrol with Rumi. The work of a hero never seems to end.

You love your job. The smiling faces of those you save brings warmth to your heart that you haven't felt since the days when your father used to smile at you like you were his world. But, the mental and physical exhaustion on your fourteen year old body is weighing heavily upon you.

Can you really do this?

Can you be the hero Japan needs?

The world needs?

You're just a tired kid with a shitty sleep schedule who eats mac n cheese for breakfast, and yet you are put on a pedestal for your selflessness. When is someone going to save you?

Even heroes need a break.

But, not Phantom. Phantom is an extraordinary hero with limitless potential and power to save others. The last time you took a day long break, the media was all over your ass about where you were and why you weren't out saving people. You have set yourself up with expectations too high to reach. The weight of Japan's eyes has made it hard to sleep even when you have time to.

When will you get to sleep?

When will you be able to rest easy again?

•••

Date: December 12, XXXX
Time: 5:47 p.m.
Location: UA Height's Alliance

The smell of spices and freshly baked bread flood your senses the moment you walk into the Class 2-A Heights Alliance, covered in dirt and sweat from your patrol. Stumbling like a single celled zombie towards the kitchen, you are met with the lovely sight of your boyfriend hovering over the stove with a determined look on his pale face. Strands of ash blond hair fall over his eyes, casting shadows over his adorable cheeks that you enjoy squishing when you want to annoy him. A smile instantly overcomes your features as you teleport to stand right behind the ash blond and wrap your arms around his waist.

Katsuki instantly recoils at the sudden affection, being so concentrated on the food in front of him that he didn't hear you come in the front door. But, as soon as he catches the sight of messy (h/c) hair in the corner of his eye, he relaxes into your hold.

"Welcome back, Shrimpy," The blond grumbles under his breath so none of your classmates hear, glaring at the skillet as he resumes his previous task.

"Hello, househusband. What have you made for me tonight?" You tease, pinching Katsuki's sides before leaping back as he swivels around to glare at your dirty form.

"What did I tell you about calling me that?"

"What did I tell you about calling me, Shrimpy?"

Now locked in a heated staring contest, one gaze full of frustration while the other remains playful, you smirk triumphantly at your boyfriend. The room falls into silence except for the distant sound of laughter from the common room and the skillet popping.

"Sooooo, what did you make me?"

"Fucking friend rice and rolled omelettes. There's also extra for your lunch tomorrow," Katsuki grumbles while glaring daggers into your soul while you smile lovingly at him. Anybody who makes you food is automatically on your good side, one of the many reasons you love your gremlin of a boyfriend.

You sneak up behind the concentrated blond, pressing a quick kiss to his cheek before escaping to the exit of the kitchen. "Thanks, Katsuki. I'm going to change, then we'll sit down to eat together," You call behind you, waving a hand as if to say 'be right back'. Earning half-hearted mumbling from the male, you resume your journey with a smile.

Nothing makes you happier than getting to spend time with your favorite people.

Especially if there is food involved.

•••

Date: May 8, XXXX
Time: 10:14 a.m.
Location: Southern Tokyo

"Y'know, Darling. We never did get to try that new restaurant they built in the Kamino district," Dorian rattles on, hands locked behind his head as he strolls carelessly next to you. The instant the words leave the black haired male's mouth, you realize that for once, he actually makes a good point, reminding you of your plans that had been interrupted a few weeks ago due to a nearby villain attack.

You hum quietly in response, casting your eyes across the street at the civilians carrying on with their daily lives. Only a handful take a moment to stare at you and your head sidekick as the two of you patrol the area. Not many people are out and about right now with the impending thunder storm, but the weather has never stopped heroes from patrolling. Your features remain blank as your eyes scan over said restaurant that must have reminded Dorian of your canceled plans in the first place.

The building is made of brick with several large windows for natural lighting and leather booths inside. The tables are made of dark, polished wood that give the building a clean feel. You sense your stomach latch onto the idea of food just as quickly as your nose takes in the pleasant aroma coming from the brick structure.

"Let's go," You order, already crossing the street as Dorian laughs behind you. He sticks to your side like glue as you walk across the pavement, boots echoing against the ground with each step you take across the road towards heaven.

Cars rush by only seconds after you and Dorian make it to the opposite sidewalk, honking as they drive by. You glare at their bumper, not in the mood to deal with people's bullshit right now. You're hungry, and you won't be happy until you eat. As if agreeing with your internal monologue, your stomach begins growling with fervor as Dorian opens the door for you and the bell chimes above your heads.

You nod your head in thanks, quickly moving across the room surrounded by godly smells to seat yourself at one of the empty booths in the farthest corner. Your sidekick slides into the seat across from you, face shadowed by the lack of light from being so far from the windows. You really don't want to draw attention to yourself while here, so hopefully the waitresses don't make a scene if they recognize the two of you.

Almost immediately a brunette in a knee length, black skirt comes rushing towards your booth with two menus in hand. She distributes them without looking up and pulls the notepad from her pocket with a large smile. "What can I get the two of you to drink? We have Pepsi products-"

Halfway through her sentence the waitress looks up to make eye contact with you and freezes from head to toe. She seems to turn into a statue as she stares at your form seated casually in the booth with utter shock. Ever so slowly and with her mouth agape, she turns her eyes to Dorian and her face flushes a red brighter than any tomato you have ever seen. He smirks and waves at her in response, both of you used to these reactions from the many times you've eaten out in the city for lunch.

"Ho-ho-holy shit! YOU ARE PHANTOM AND ROCKSLIDE!!" She screeches, catching the attention of the entire restaurant and successfully crushing your hopes for a peaceful meal.

Everyone leans out of their seats, trying to get a good look at the two of you. One older gentleman even falls out of his chair while trying to peer around the waitress and the cooks open the doors to stare as well. The brunette doesn't make any effort to blink as she stands stalk still after her outburst. You awkwardly smile at her and wave at the other patrons of the restaurant before turning back to your waitress.

"Uh yeah...a water is fine," You tell her and you can see the gears in her mind turning as she attempts to process your words.

"A water?" She repeats softly, obviously not understanding what you said.

"For my drink," You prompt quietly, slowly reaching out to pick up the menu, breaking eye contact, and sliding down in your seat to escape the many eyes trained on you. Your face flushes in embarrassment at the entire situation and you hear Dorian chuckle across the table. You kick him in the shin, glaring over the top of your menu as the waitress watches in confusion.

"I'll take a water as well," Dorian tells her, smiling brightly at the poor girl who blushes again at the sight of him.

"Right!" She suddenly shouts, running off with determination and her skirt flying behind her.

Dorian leans his cheek against his fist as his dark gaze scan over the menu, easily ignoring the many sets of eyes staring intently at the hero duo. You aren't as lucky, tension growing in your spine with each moment that passes of being judged by the other patrons. Why can't you just have one normal meal?

From underneath the table, Dorian nudges your boot with his own foot, tapping his heel against yours a couple times. His eyes brighten as he smiles directly at you from across the wooden table. He obviously sensed your nerves, doing his best to reassure you without causing a scene.

"Thanks," You mouth, doing your best to smile back at him.

•••
- Present Time -

Date: November 3, XXXX
Time: 11:03 p.m.
Location: ?????

To say you were disappointed the moment you open your eyes to a tiled ceiling and white walls is an understatement. Utter dread and hatred boils in your guy as your drugged mind registers the leather braces crossed over your body and the quirk restraint cuffs binding your wrists to the sides of the hospital bed. All of those dreams were just memories, you're still trapped in this hellhole of a lab.

And, from the devilish smirk twisted on the blond's face who stands across the room from you, you wish you could slip into another one of those good dreams.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 2.7K 16
"𝙛𝙪𝙘𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙖𝙡𝙚𝙘𝙠.." [𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜] 𝙢𝙖𝙙𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙗𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡𝙨 𝙗𝙮 𝙖 𝙗𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡
2.5K 93 8
𝐤𝐚𝐭𝐬𝐮𝐤𝐢 𝐛𝐚𝐤𝐮𝐠𝐨𝐮 𝐱 𝐟𝐞𝐦! 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 *𝒊'𝒎 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒈𝒐𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖.....𝒊 𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒊�...
9K 226 14
𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐤.𝐛𝐚𝐤𝐮𝐠𝐨𝐮, 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡, 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐬 𝐢𝐭.. ...
92.9K 2.3K 50
(Finished) (ʏ/ɴ), ᴀ ʀɪᴄʜ ᴛᴀʟᴇɴᴛᴇᴅ ɢɪʀʟ, ᴇɴᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ ᴜ.ᴀ ʜɪɢʜ sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ʀᴇᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴅᴀᴛɪᴏɴs ᴛᴏ ᴀɪᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴏᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘʀᴏᴠᴇ ʜᴇʀsᴇʟғ. ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪғ, sʜᴇ ᴍᴇᴛ ᴀ ʜᴏᴛ-ʜᴇ...